Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Here's my first post as a new member of VU! Check out this 3 strand twisted 30g kantel parallel with a 24g Nichrome sitting beautifully on a obs crius v3 wicked with some organic Jap cotton. It ramps up fast and kicks out some awesome flav. Have it electrified by a rx2 hund, comes in about 0.12 ohms @60-75 watts.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's my first post as a new member of VU! Check out this 3 strand twisted 30g kantel parallel with a 24g Nichrome sitting beautifully on a obs crius v3 wicked with some organic Jap cotton. It ramps up fast and kicks out some awesome flav. Have it electrified by a rx2 hund, comes in about 0.12 ohms @60-75 watts.
Think you forgot the picture :confused: But, Welcome!

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK so I know it was posted but not sure it being this vu thread. Uggg somewhere here in vu someone posted a silicon sleeve for containing wires while wrapping coils.lol
Does anyone have that link.
Pretty Please with orange dream cycle on top.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Far from perfect, but not too bad for a first try. I don't think I'll try it again, though. Work vs. Benefits just doesn't seem to be there for me.

2016-03-03 11.24.24 (2).jpg
2016-03-03 11.29.46.jpg

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1.5mm for the Clapton, and 3.5mm for the final.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm soooo hyped right now ... Took a stroll to the local bait & tackle shop and got me a pack of #2 ball bearing swivels (3 for $4.99).... Finally got everyhing I need to start doing the builds I want to do. Free-handing claptons were a big enough bitch as it was, Imagine trying to do staggered claptons without the swivel.... I wanted to shoot myself. Tonight is going to be a very productive night

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Far from perfect, but not too bad for a first try. I don't think I'll try it again, though. Work vs. Benefits just doesn't seem to be there for me.

View attachment 42653
View attachment 42654
Did a much better job then my first try....

Twisted Messes Squared came in today and I wanted to make something special for it. I tried one of those Framed Multicore Claptons and originally I was going to use 20 x 38N80 but I got a bit frustrated as my office is a bit messy and I kept dropping wire on the ground and bending it...So I went with 5 x 30g for its stiffness and ease of use. It works very well and Its nice to use.
5 x 30K/26N80/40N80 Framed Multicore Claptons:
20160303_112903.jpg 20160303_113002.jpg 20160303_122930.jpg 20160303_122940.jpg 20160303_122148.jpg 20160303_122129.jpg

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Beautiful build there buddy. But lookie what i found in my mailbox
1ecce84da27b27f9a5eb75725d6661c0.jpg

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Twisted Messes Squared came in today and I wanted to make something special for it. I tried one of those Framed Multicore Claptons and originally I was going to use 20 x 38N80 but I got a bit frustrated as my office is a bit messy and I kept dropping wire on the ground and bending it...So I went with 5 x 30g for its stiffness and ease of use. It works very well and Its nice to use.
View attachment 42678 View attachment 42681 View attachment 42682 View attachment 42679 View attachment 42680 View attachment 42677

1. Stop posting pics of the Exodus! FORBIDDEN FRUIT!

2. Coils look great. How much power are you having to send to those to get them going?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
1. Stop posting pics of the Exodus! FORBIDDEN FRUIT!

2. Coils look great. How much power are you having to send to those to get them going?
No one around here thinks anything vape related is special...so I feel the need for someone other then myself to appreciate it...Its getting Mech Voltage but I need to fine tuned the Exodus's screws as its not hitting as hard as I feel it should be..I dont have my multi-meter or a voltage meter to test whether it is or not giving what its supposed to but it probably is...Im more used to regulated mods now.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

View attachment 42678 View attachment 42681 View attachment 42682 View attachment 42679 View attachment 42680 View attachment 42677
Looking real good buddy... The exodus is looking insane..

How's the building on the tm2?

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my wires still mia so I'm debating on waiting to get the wire or throw twisted 22ga in her lol

You gotta mash something into just so that you can get used to wicking it and getting it running. That is what I did. Then I built some nice FC's and tossed in it. Carry that thing with me daily now. Just wish it had a bigger tank! I have gotten good are refilling while driving down the highway.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
anyone got a good deal for ribbon? A1 , d , nichrome, don't matter as long as it's cheap

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No one around here thinks anything vape related is special...so I feel the need for someone other then myself to appreciate it...Its getting Mech Voltage but I need to fine tuned the Exodus's screws as its not hitting as hard as I feel it should be..I dont have my multi-meter or a voltage meter to test whether it is or not giving what its supposed to but it probably is...Im more used to regulated mods now.

I wonder what you would have to push to that thing with the G2 or your SnowWolf.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone got a good deal for ribbon? A1 , d , nichrome, don't matter as long as it's cheap

I bought some from lightning vapes just because I had a 20% coupon. I am finding though that it was poorly spooled. I keep running into spots where it is wrapped over itself and I get snagged alot and it kinks the wire. Then I have to straighten it out. Very annoying.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I bought some from lightning vapes just because I had a 20% coupon. I am finding though that it was poorly spooled. I keep running into spots where it is wrapped over itself and I get snagged alot and it kinks the wire. Then I have to straighten it out. Very annoying.
That actually happened to me for the first time the other day when I was using my 34g n80 from them. I've been buying from them for about 5 years now and out of the 1000s of feet of wire, I only had 2 spools that were a little dirty and now the 1 that was spooled up weird....

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

How's the multi core vape compared to framed staples? Ive really never bothered to try them

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just watched this wicking tut. I think I would kill that Bird lol.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Looking real good buddy... The exodus is looking insane..

How's the building on the tm2?

Its surprisingly nice...When I first saw the RDA I didnt see how it could be any better then the original...I didnt think of the posts as they were, I kept think of them as the same as the post/block setup as before where the negatives are on the outside. After some thought I really got excited over it and thinking of the possibilities with having all the positive on one side and all the negative opposing it. It feel more spacious even though its shorter and the posts are perfectly set up. The airflow is a bit airy wide open (PhenotypeL 3 Holes open!) and there is no whistle like I expected. The AFC ring doesnt spin like it did on the Original for and and the Top cap screwing down secures it completely-it doesnt move it like on the original. The Key they include is a gift like non other, this makes it so even if you have stripped you screws it will fill the hole and it will come out or go in further, simply amazing.
Compared to the original I feel its worth its price...and if they clone it I will buy atleast 3 more....

I wonder what you would have to push to that thing with the G2 or your SnowWolf.
Im sure Either of them will work fine, the Hohm Wrecker Im 110% sure it will push it, it seems to fire hotter at 151w then any other mod I own at 150w-200w.

How's the multi core vape compared to framed staples? Ive really never bothered to try them

I havent tossed it on any boxes yet besides the Exodus but its a decent vape, Ill set it up side by side to some 24g/40g FC's and see how they both compare and Ill post back about it..

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its surprisingly nice...When I first saw the RDA I didnt see how it could be any better then the original...I didnt think of the posts as they were, I kept think of them as the same as the post/block setup as before where the negatives are on the outside. After some thought I really got excited over it and thinking of the possibilities with having all the positive on one side and all the negative opposing it. It feel more spacious even though its shorter and the posts are perfectly set up. The airflow is a bit airy wide open (PhenotypeL 3 Holes open!) and there is no whistle like I expected. The AFC ring doesnt spin like it did on the Original for and and the Top cap screwing down secures it completely-it doesnt move it like on the original. The Key they include is a gift like non other, this makes it so even if you have stripped you screws it will fill the hole and it will come out or go in further, simply amazing.
Compared to the original I feel its worth its price...and if they clone it I will buy atleast 3 more....

Im sure Either of them will work fine, the Hohm Wrecker Im 110% sure it will push it, it seems to fire hotter at 151w then any other mod I own at 150w-200w.

I havent tossed it on any boxes yet besides the Exodus but its a decent vape, Ill set it up side by side to some 24g/40g FC's and see how they both compare and Ill post back about it..

What do you run 24g/40g FC's at? I have a set that I run at 110w. Allows for a longer drag. I have never tried cranking up the power for short and fast.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Twisted 22 wont fit/fire for me to do duals without it being super low res. Went up to twisted 24
007fa1b4cd908591e3baccac3313db88.jpg
d318578cad7659f5e640e1707fa677fb.jpg

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u yeah I'm stoked about the shared posts... I'm still stuck between the goon and tm2..... So far leaning twords the goon ($20 cheaper)

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first wicking is actually working well. I am running around 15/85 pg/vg though.
39f06ba1b2cfc0ba32d46e1493d378be.jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the best part of building. Spend time and material to do it only to find it isn't gonna work! Haha just means you get to build more! I bought the homh wrecker g2 for when I build to low. Handles down to .007

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the best part of building. Spend time and material to do it only to find it isn't gonna work! Haha just means you get to build more! I bought the homh wrecker g2 for when I build to low. Handles down to .007

.007?!?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Idk why but the last 2 days my Diablo has been leaking every time I refill it. And yes, I close the air airflow....

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ive built down to .04 and it fired it at 100w on the Hohm Wrecker G2....It will take what ever you will throw at it and that one of the reasons I love the device.

@blakemorder Those Multicore Fused Claptons, atleast the on that I made Ramps up a bit faster at the same wattage as a same profile Fused Clapton but the Flavor isnt much better but I need more time with them both to finish my conclusion of them. I would say the Framed Staple coils are the Premium build when concerning flavor but Framed Fused Claptons and Fused Claptons are easier on you devices and dont need as much wattage to get nice and warm.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Idk why but the last 2 days my Diablo has been leaking every time I refill it. And yes, I close the air airflow....

Does the diablo have juice control you can close when filling?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Gotya, didn't know since I don't have one yet. Been holding out for the new raymo rta I keep hearing about.

Cad drawings are being done now, I will get the drawings after and if everything is to spec like I want then a protoype should be made right after....Hopefully by next Friday the working prototype will be made....

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cad drawings are being done now, I will get the drawings after and if everything is to spec like I want then a protoype should be made right after....Hopefully by next Friday the working prototype will be made....
That's awesome man! Congrats on getting the chance to design and build this!

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fantastic news man! I'll definitely be grabbing one as soon as they're available.

Does anyone have a better way of marking their batteries besides "A1,A2" so on....?

Matt

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive built down to .04 and it fired it at 100w on the Hohm Wrecker G2....It will take what ever you will throw at it and that one of the reasons I love the device.

@blakemorder Those Multicore Fused Claptons, atleast the on that I made Ramps up a bit faster at the same wattage as a same profile Fused Clapton but the Flavor isnt much better but I need more time with them both to finish my conclusion of them. I would say the Framed Staple coils are the Premium build when concerning flavor but Framed Fused Claptons and Fused Claptons are easier on you devices and dont need as much wattage to get nice and warm.
I won't bother then, ramp up isn't too much of a problem because I build low enough on my mech box, which is pretty much my only device at this point lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's awesome man! Congrats on getting the chance to design and build this!

Yea I didnt think anyone would use my input...I send all my software edits and suggestions to all these companies and the only one that stepped forward is Augvape so far. I guess other members in the forum like Ej told Leon that he should hear me out and after talking to him he seemed pretty blown away and excited to get it done. Im hoping this leads to more then just this RTA and hopefully others notice it, I want JD Tech's/Jaybo's job ;)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Fantastic news man! I'll definitely be grabbing one as soon as they're available.

Does anyone have a better way of marking their batteries besides "A1,A2" so on....?

Matt
Use clear wraps and use colored markers for different sets, then different designs or symbols on different sets.
Colors/Numbers/Letters/Orientation

VU Sponsors