Post your builds

mfraz25

Member For 4 Years
8d86155e20367e33ef0e7de3fe917226.jpg

My newest build.

22g clapton with .8 ribbon
4 strands of 32g twisted
Simply twisted the two.

Reading .18 and the flavor on this thing is amazing.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
8d86155e20367e33ef0e7de3fe917226.jpg

My newest build.

22g clapton with .8 ribbon
4 strands of 32g twisted
Simply twisted the two.

Reading .18 and the flavor on this thing is amazing.

looks good, u running it on a mech or VV/VW device?

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Girlfriends very first coil build! I didn't touch the thing, but gave some tips and tricks i have picked up along the way. That is an achievement right there, my first coils were fugly :D 0.63 ohm single coil in Magma. I'm so proud of her.

uploadfromtaptalk1423422426221.jpg

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a really nice center build, i can never get my coils centered with specialty twisted wire... looks like a sleeper build.
It is continuous. Almost spaced them but didn't have the room

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Girlfriends very first coil build! I didn't touch the thing, but gave some tips and tricks i have picked up along the way. That is an achievement right there, my first coils were fugly :D 0.63 ohm single coil in Magma. I'm so proud of her.

View attachment 14106

It's that fine finger motor control.

Outshoot ya at the bench from the first trigger pull. It's frightening.

Good luck.

:D

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
image1 (4).JPG

Still a major newbie and I've got a lot of learning to do but here's my new favorite build. Twisted 32g wrapped in parallel with 26g 7 wraps on a 2.5mm drill bit wicked with cellucotton and comes out 0.52 ohms. Killer flavor, surprisingly large clouds, and it ramps up instantly!
image1.PNG

My first (first ever quad coil) quad coil build on the 454 RDA. 2mm inner diameter, vertical coils, sleeper style with 22 gauge Kanthal A1, Ohmed at .08: http://imgur.com/a/R69px

My 2nd quad coil build on the same RDA, dragon style 26 gauge Kanthal A1, 2.5mm inner diameter, Ohmed at 1.2: http://imgur.com/a/mHdzK

My first dual coil build on the 454. twisted 26g Kanthal A1 w/ 3mm inner diameter 5/6 wrap, Ohmed at .23: http://imgur.com/a/PKYGM

Last edited:

Hoekakes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
first nickel build , waiting for the dna 40 clone to show up tuesday ... hopefully it works lol2015-02-15 02-21-59.293.jpg 28 gauge ni200 3.0 mm I.D. 9 wraps 0.14 ohms

Last edited:

Mutated_Mutation

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMAG0198_1_1.jpg Juggernaut Coil on a Competition Doge Mech mod: Sigelei Fu Chi

2 pieces 24ga
Wrapped with .5mm ribbon wire
5 wraps @ .18ohms

Last edited:

Keenanw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg Dual coil twisted 26g kanthal on a cigreen box mod with mutationx v2. Runs 0.13 ohms. Simple build with great flavor and clouds

Hoekakes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
d 2015-02-16 01-21-51.535.jpg 2015-02-16 01-20-45.896.jpg decided to try some fancy builds today ... a little janky but this is a little out of my comfort zone .. first is 30 gauge wrapped around 24 gauge 3 mm id second is 28 and 24 parallel 2.5 mm id

KeepItSimpleStupid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@KeepItSimpleStupid, just spotted you on IG ;) followed.

then you prolly seen this build already and thanx for the follow

So I tried out @bigkevx87 Dragon Skin coil and OMFG......this shits amazing, if you ain't checked his or the other big builders pages like blueeyedgoon, solecollector's pages you need to and prepare for your mind to be blown and theres a bunch more of em out there building some outlandish, exotic, artistic, down right coil god type shit and I love trying em out cause this build was fun to build and vapes amazingly, so here some pics and a down and dirty explanation

1st attempt was exactly how BigKev broke it down just different gauge wire used for the Clapton wrapping:
1. Clapton'd 24g w/ 34g Kanthal approx. 6inches
2. Removed 24g Core
3. Stretch 34g to approx 18inches by pinching each end and just slowly pulling it and letting it spring back and pulling again....slowly to keep even spacing
4. Cut 34g wrapping into three 6inch sections
5. Straightened 18inches of 28g kanthal and cut into three 6inch sections
6. Inserted each 28g section into each of the 34g clapton sections
7. Lined them up side by side in the drill chuck and twisted them in the opposite direction the clapton wire was wrapped
8. Then flattened to push the "scales" down
I did 5 wraps around 1/8th and it ohm'd out around .3ohms
2nd attempt was the same process I just used 32g Nichrome 80 and it ohm'd out at around .5ohms
(Plume Viel is 1st - MutXv2 is the 2nd
20150215_200949_Richtone(HDR) [Max Width 2400 Max Height 1800].jpg 20150215_200522_Richtone(HDR) [Max Width 2400 Max Height 1800].jpg 20150215_200737_Richtone(HDR) [Max Width 2400 Max Height 1800].jpg 20150215_200454_Richtone(HDR) [Max Width 2400 Max Height 1800].jpg 20150215_160853_Richtone(HDR) [Max Width 2400 Max Height 1800].jpg 20150215_053632 [Max Width 2400 Max Height 1800].jpg 20150215_055748_Richtone(HDR) [Max Width 2400 Max Height 1800].jpg 20150215_055731_Richtone(HDR)-1.jpg 20150215_051649_Richtone(HDR)-1 [Max Width 2400 Max Height 1800].jpg

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We all go off the reservation sometime Rom.

:D

Hey it's a nice compromise between the Kay n the room fogger.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, i didn't really like that. Rebuilt again, now with 2.4 ohms. Pretty good.

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't gone high on this yet, 5-7. This tank's very airy. More wide open than a lot of my drippers. Just the opposite of Kanker 'till now. The big Subtank RDA next and maybe some tight multi-wire duals the noobs can take a stab at.

Hey you and KISS ought'a start a jewelry store. That's art guys.

Good luck.

:)

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@iSubOhm so you start out with spiral wire. You know, twisted wire flattened with toothless pliers? Okay. Then you take a smaller gauge wire, and wrap it into the gaps. And there you go, helix wire is born. I helixed just one wire in to the gaps cause my 28 gauge ran out.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@iSubOhm so you start out with spiral wire. You know, twisted wire flattened with toothless pliers? Okay. Then you take a smaller gauge wire, and wrap it into the gaps. And there you go, helix wire is born. I helixed just one wire in to the gaps cause my 28 gauge ran out.

That makes sense now, thanks Rommel!

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm the same way. I just love the fun of building complex coils. I'm only running a triple parallel rn that's a few weeks old tho. No wire still :(

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm the same way. I just love the fun of building complex coils. I'm only running a triple parallel rn that's a few weeks old tho. No wire still :(
When i got my Sig 150w i kinda fell in love with claptons. 24 gauge core with 34 or smaller claptoned around at 70w vaping on vanilla custard is just a heavenly experience. Try them out if you get a chance, i usually do six wraps around 2.4mm screwdriver. Does not work on mechs, at all. Takes forever to heat up.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When i got my Sig 150w i kinda fell in love with claptons. 24 gauge core with 34 or smaller claptoned around at 70w vaping on vanilla custard is just a heavenly experience. Try them out if you get a chance, i usually do six wraps around 2.4mm screwdriver. Does not work on mechs, at all. Takes forever to heat up.

Tried a clapton once on one of my hybrid mods, but only had 24 and 28 to use, so it didn't perform like I was expecting. And as far as regulated mods go I only have a DNA 30 at the moment all the rest are mech mods. Which kinda bums me out because I've been wanting to try that fused clapton and another build I saw you post pictures of that's claptoned and paralleled with something other. Gotta get my hands on an SMY God Mod, I've had my eye on her for awhile now. Income tax! ^-^ lol

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I warmly recommend the Sigelei 150w. It fires lower and chances are you are never ever going to use the whole 180w that the God Mod can deliver. Very few setups can even handle 150w.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright I'll take your advice and check them out tonight. Or maybe I can find someone on here selling one who knows?

Mutated_Mutation

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I warmly recommend the Sigelei 150w. It fires lower and chances are you are never ever going to use the whole 180w that the God Mod can deliver. Very few setups can even handle 150w.
Sigelei 150w is just a better box. It's becoming "the cat's meow." The SMY 180s can do 220w but only can achive that if u build roughly around .35ohm - .45ohm. And if you want to run it at 220w you better have big coils.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
b4035305859a8bd3facb2060cb4f536e.jpg
So I was board and pissing around and came up with this. It is a dual parallel build only it is 22 and 24 instead of two pieces of one or the other. 7 wraps on a 3mm coil master post and it came out to .18. It is a little sloppy, but the two different size wires made them a PITA. It gets foggy quick though. The warm up times was cut by the 24ga. It is a pretty warm vape though.

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
b4035305859a8bd3facb2060cb4f536e.jpg
So I was board and pissing around and came up with this. It is a dual parallel build only it is 22 and 24 instead of two pieces of one or the other. 7 wraps on a 3mm coil master post and it came out to .18. It is a little sloppy, but the two different size wires made them a PITA. It gets foggy quick though. The warm up times was cut by the 24ga. It is a pretty warm vape though.

PITA to maintain any kind of symmetry, yep. I don't see the advantage of an irregular build than an irregular vape from any of the potential distortions. If diffusion primarily (clouds) and flavor is no issue prolly a good way to go. However, I believe it's possible and desirable to get dense production amplified by other means than heating post vaporization. I introduced the physics of tension winding to achieve that type of concentration which results in both flavor and vapor enhancement. A straight 24 build would be easier to build to your target, easier to achieve with jig tension (I get there by hand) and the symmetry enhances the internal microcoil pressures (lower transition phase temp/points) which I believe multiply the vape. Recently, I started to introduce twisted leads as a means to stabilize tensioned parallels which preserves both alignment and so resistance. It is a much cooler vape at any resistance so it allows me to achieve targets I couldn't handle otherwise. Some thoughts for ya L.

Take care and good luck.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pictures.jpg

Experimenting with a new Magma build, not one that I've seen done this way before but I've been playing with the idea in my head for a while, decided to give it a shot today! 28g nano coil, 16 wraps w/ 1.2 mm ID, came out to 1.2 ohms. So, I aligned the center of the coil with the air hole (I have my magma set up in dedicated single coil/single air hole mode) and wrapped it with a very light "sheet" of rayon then brough the tails around over each other and back through the center posts (sorry if that's kind of hard to see in the pic) it's been working great though I need to work on the wicking some I think. Any ideas? I'm thinking next time I'll try and use a slightly larger mandrel to closer match the diameter of the air hole and cool the coil from the inside more.

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey bro how ya doin'? It's a good experiment though...

Never saw much point in a nano or external wicking where micro's are concerned. All the power comes from internal pressure dropping the vaporization point. A nano hasn't enough juice flow for the wire mass IMO. So the nano needs external wicking to produce. But external location of the wick media can be tricky and may disrupt the airflow within the device. Sometimes not a good thing blocking air supply to the coil. Depends on the atty.

I like the Magma. One of the few I haven't built but dig the deep wells. I'd pop up the dia, go thicker wire and put a chunky wick in it. Try tension 'mano. Closes the gaps in the wire when you oxidize and only increases the int. pressure of the vape. Good long fiber wick to go with that and you got the juice flow.

Saw ya out there! Keep 'em comin' and enjoy the vape.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Purty work...
Thanks. Right now i working on dual parallel fused claptons, 36 gauge over 32 gauge. I'll post something as soons as i get even half decent symmetry going.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey bro how ya doin'? It's a good experiment though...

Never saw much point in a nano or external wicking where micro's are concerned. All the power comes from internal pressure dropping the vaporization point. A nano hasn't enough juice flow for the wire mass IMO. So it must have external wicking to produce. But internal wicking disrupts the internal airflow of the device. Sometimes not a good thing. Depends on the atty.

I like the Magma. One of the few I haven't built but dig the deep wells. I'd pop up the dia, go thicker wire and put a chunky wick in it. Try tension 'mano. Closes the gaps in the wire when you oxidize and only increases the int. pressure of the vape. Good long fiber wick to go with that and you got the juice flow.

Saw ya out there! Keep 'em comin' and enjoy the vape.

Good luck.

Thanks Mac! I'm doing great :D staying busy as always haha

So I'd never really thought about the internal pressure of a micro coil in that way before and the effect of the closed coil but it totally makes sense! I like building on the Magma, it's got a pretty unique build area and it's fun to try different arrangements. I've been using a slightly modified coiling under tension method (til I can get my coil-winding gizmo and stuff set up!) to wrap my coils for just about everything and it definitely makes a huge difference! Thanks for pointing me in that direction man!

VU Sponsors