Become a Patron!

Post your builds

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a question for everyone... Looking for a coil build that will produce huge flavor minimal clouds, and less than 75w.

This is going on my new vt75 nano in a tank I haven't decided on, thinking a Mage or Conqueror.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my first go at staple staggered fused Clapton. Took me about an hour and a half to get to finished. Came out fairly nice for my first go at it.

Any pics?

I still fight staples like I'm Van Helsing! The fight continues!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a question for everyone... Looking for a coil build that will produce huge flavor minimal clouds, and less than 75w.

This is going on my new vt75 nano in a tank I haven't decided on, thinking a Mage or Conqueror.

Thoughts?

I can't speak for minimal clouds but a 26/32 clapton would produce some good cloud, but amazing flavour. I use stainless steel myself since I find the flavour to be very crisp and clean but kanthal would be a good choice too.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't speak for minimal clouds but a 26/32 clapton would produce some good cloud, but amazing flavour. I use stainless steel myself since I find the flavour to be very crisp and clean but kanthal would be a good choice too.

I have been running 2x28ss/37ss dual coils in my Conqueror on my Lavabox. That is my daily out and about setup. Loads of flavor but can make some big clouds too at only 70 watts.

Forgot to mention this needs to be a tc build and I will be using SS for all wire.

I need to get some more stainless if I wanna try a 26/32. Haven't bought wire in 6 months since my son was born. Just now starting to get time to build again...

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been running 2x28ss/37ss dual coils in my Conqueror on my Lavabox. That is my daily out and about setup. Loads of flavor but can make some big clouds too at only 70 watts.

Forgot to mention this needs to be a tc build and I will be using SS for all wire.

I need to get some more stainless if I wanna try a 26/32. Haven't bought wire in 6 months since my son was born. Just now starting to get time to build again...

Maybe just back to basics. A traditionally clapton. 28/37 would be great. And lower wattage too :)

H

Harry Nutczak

Your atty will come into play here. Use something with limited space (like a Derringer) and probably a fused clapton using higher gauge wires.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Thoughts?

You wont be able to fit much into a Mage...I rock mini Aliens (30g/40g 5 Wrap/2.5mm ID) in mine @ 80w..Mage is a great flavor RTA like the Alleria..but without the Alleria's leaking issues and smoother airflow

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You wont be able to fit much into a Mage...I rock mini Aliens (30g/40g 5 Wrap/2.5mm ID) in mine @ 80w..Mage is a great flavor RTA like the Alleria..but without the Alleria's leaking issues and smoother airflow

That is all my alleria does anymore. Slow leak all the time. No amount of pulling apart and cleaning or changing the wicking has fixed it.

Is the Mage a good tank though? Good wicking and no leaking?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thoughts?

I run 32x2/36 or 34x2/36 SS Fused Claptons in my Tootie Puffers like my Squape or Kayfun, outstanding flavor.

But if you're looking for minimal clouds you're pretty much out of luck. More Vapor generally = more flavor, pretty much just how it is. But it by no means "Clouds Bro" Vapor, you just get more vaper and denser with more flavor.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That is all my alleria does anymore. Slow leak all the time. No amount of pulling apart and cleaning or changing the wicking has fixed it.

Is the Mage a good tank though? Good wicking and no leaking?

Yes its a ADV, every day carry for me with the Tornado Nano RTA now...these are my go to RTA's now...Retired the Boreas for them...no leaking, easy fill and rebuild and wick...not as easy as the boreas to wick but once you know how its a breeze. The amount of heat and flavor off half the wattage I normally use drew me in.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Very nice! So Mage or tornado nano?

I couldnt choose between them myself...Mage for Petri like Flavor, less airflow, less capacity, less build room...
Tornado Nano has more build room, capacity, more airflow and slightly less flavor...

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldnt choose between them myself...Mage for Petri like Flavor, less airflow, less capacity, less build room...
Tornado Nano has more build room, capacity, more airflow and slightly less flavor...

Awesome man, sounds like I will go with the Mage. I have been told by a few people today that a Mage would be a good choice. The black and red will look sweet on the black and red nano! Thanks for the help all. Once I get it I will figure up an initial build and throw in it.

VapeSalsa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FInally was able to build a staggerton long enough to make a dual coil build. Like it a lot.

Thanks @raymo2u for the tips. Having the ribbon 'float' inside the outer wires made it so much easier. Also received the SpinLT. It doesn't spin much smoother than the swivels I was using but it does make the wire bounce much less while I build. Liking it.

IMG_20160812_130155_293.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
FInally was able to build a staggerton long enough to make a dual coil build. Like it a lot.

Thanks @raymo2u for the tips. Having the ribbon 'float' inside the outer wires made it so much easier. Also received the SpinLT. It doesn't spin much smoother than the swivels I was using but it does make the wire bounce much less while I build. Liking it.

View attachment 58973

Nice SSFC bud! Very clean!

That bouncing it the swivels binding from pull force or other forces...thats what I was talking about by "smoother spinning". Im glad your enjoying it though! We are making a clip for the SpinLT to help attach wire to it easier btw, also making a corrugating tool and a few other goodies...doesnt fall under vape regs because they can bed used for many other things in general...

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Found a bunch of old wires and decided to use them. Should've used 38g to fuse :-\

27gkd/34gkd fused with 36gn80

99fde04cfa36910b87ffc5d1b827c061.jpg

2b7de7a84447efa4f584a19d9e9d5b2f.jpg

4b60ef4b244624c355988e7775c40bee.jpg

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay guys, how does everyone build their super mini rda's? I've got a bambino, a low pro and I just picked up a royal hinter mini and i hate all of them so damn much no matter how much I try to like them or build for them. I've got to be missing something.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would use a 28g/40g Fused Clapton or 26g SS Round wire 6 Wrap/2.5mm ID build in it myself...

This is what I threw in the Mage RTA (Mini RTA, about the same build room as Derringer/Mini Mad Hatter)

20160813_171712.jpg 20160813_180305.jpg 20160813_175434.jpg 20160813_180323.jpg 20160813_175349.jpg 20160813_175315.jpg 20160813_174952.jpg 20160813_180314.jpg 20160813_180415.jpg

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@raymo2u I have tried both lol and weird shit too. The royal hunter actually has a full sized deck so I can experiment but I'm not seeing a goldilocks build like everything else. Actually I have a tiny little 26g round wire build in my goblin mini that I'm enjoying the hell out of at the moment.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u I have tried both lol and weird shit too. The royal hunter actually has a full sized deck so I can experiment but I'm not seeing a goldilocks build like everything else. Actually I have a tiny little 26g round wire build in my goblin mini that I'm enjoying the hell out of at the moment.
What I used to use in the Derringer for flavor might be your ticket...If you try it and its still not good enough Parallel it with 24N80 and drop a few wraps

26g/28g/30g Lightly Twisted (7 Wraps/2.5mm ID)

Mesmorizing Build.jpg

VapeSalsa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay guys, how does everyone build their super mini rda's? I've got a bambino, a low pro and I just picked up a royal hinter mini and i hate all of them so damn much no matter how much I try to like them or build for them. I've got to be missing something.

I have a Derringer clone, a Narda clone and an M-atty clone. I dislike all of them. I'm not a fan of small rda's I've found. Airflow is too restricted. Build decks are silly small. The flavor I get from my petri is better, although perhaps that's because the other three are clones.

Last edited:

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Derringer clone, a Narda clone and an M-atty clone. I dislike all of them. I'm not a fan of small rda's I've found. Airflow is too restricted. Build decks are silly small. The flavor I get from my petri is better, although perhaps that's because they're clones.
See I have the opposite problem, the royal hunter and low pro have huge chuff caps and tons of airflow, but big builds don't fit the low pro and scorch the royal hunter. I do absolutely love my petri v2 though, I haven't found a mod worthy of it yet though lol

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing crazy, but how often do you see an inception coil in an RTA?

Inner coil is 26g 316L with a 1/16" ID. Outer coil is 24g 316L with a 7/32" ID.

That inner coil heats FAST!

p0zpgH8.jpgl

JtbWhR7.jpgl

Jwaon6U.jpgl

8h8u3qL.jpgl

jDM9nEc.jpgl
That's the first time I've ever seen one of those. That's just freaking cool.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

p0zpgH8.jpgl

JtbWhR7.jpgl

Jwaon6U.jpgl

8h8u3qL.jpgl

jDM9nEc.jpgl

Now that is a very interesting build, never seen one before. You've got me intrigued.

How does it vap?

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would use a 28g/40g Fused Clapton or 26g SS Round wire 6 Wrap/2.5mm ID build in it myself...

This is what I threw in the Mage RTA (Mini RTA, about the same build room as Derringer/Mini Mad Hatter)

View attachment 59015 View attachment 59016 View attachment 59017 View attachment 59018 View attachment 59019 View attachment 59020 View attachment 59021 View attachment 59022 View attachment 59023

I'm gonna try this, what wire did you use ray? did you have trouble with the ribbon twisting on ya? looks like you didnt but woulda thought it would try to.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm gonna try this, what wire did you use ray? did you have trouble with the ribbon twisting on ya? looks like you didnt but woulda thought it would try to.
I use the same wire I usually do P and K.Bee/Lightning Vapes. I always stretch the Ribbon and wire pulling it off the spools also.
I didnt have an issue with the Ribbon twisting...I always, ALWAYS have the Ribbon "floating", not attached to drill or swivels and held on to the core with Ribbon Sliders. For the Core Ribbon I make sure its completely tight and loosen the Spool Tamer for staggering, the Ribbon should be spinning freely. You can actually make this very quickly, After you get the core, attach the Ribbon sides on you should be able to go full speed to fuse it if you let the spool spin and hold it at a leading angle.

I made something similar to the Mage build for the Merlin and Limitless I received today...

20160815_125725.jpg
20160815_133605.jpg 20160815_132311.jpg 20160815_134006.jpg20160815_132258.jpg 20160815_134049.jpg 20160815_134311.jpg 20160815_134257.jpg 20160815_135206.jpg 20160815_140531.jpg

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now that is a very interesting build, never seen one before. You've got me intrigued.

How does it vap?

It's a pretty warm vape. The inner coil is essentially a nano coil so vape comes shooting out of there pretty intensely. I'm running it in temp control at 220 Celsius.

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the same wire I usually do P and K.Bee/Lightning Vapes. I always stretch the Ribbon and wire pulling it off the spools also.
I didnt have an issue with the Ribbon twisting...I always, ALWAYS have the Ribbon "floating", not attached to drill or swivels and held on to the core with Ribbon Sliders. For the Core Ribbon I make sure its completely tight and loosen the Spool Tamer for staggering, the Ribbon should be spinning freely. You can actually make this very quickly, After you get the core, attach the Ribbon sides on you should be able to go full speed to fuse it if you let the spool spin and hold it at a leading angle.

I made something similar to the Mage build for the Merlin and Limitless I received today...

View attachment 59144
View attachment 59139 View attachment 59143 View attachment 59141View attachment 59142 View attachment 59140 View attachment 59145 View attachment 59147 View attachment 59146 View attachment 59138

I ment the specs on the wire Ray :D are you trying to advertise lol.
Yep we both do the same, pull then stretch the wire whilst on the spool, i never twist to straighten.
And when i asked did your ribbon twist on ya i ment when you wrapped it into a coil bcause sometimes it will try to without the two outer frames :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I ment the specs on the wire Ray :D are you trying to advertise lol.
Yep we both do the same, pull then stretch the wire whilst on the spool, i never twist to straighten.
And when i asked did your ribbon twist on ya i ment when you wrapped it into a coil bcause sometimes it will try to without the two outer frames :D
I thought I put the specs in the post...thats why I didnt understand the question and thought you asked about who's wire..

SPECS: 8 x .3R/36g 316L/44KD

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

p0zpgH8.jpgl

JtbWhR7.jpgl

Jwaon6U.jpgl

8h8u3qL.jpgl

jDM9nEc.jpgl
Bringing back the old school builds....lol
Great job !!!!
What's it ohm out to?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Couldn't sleep. Built a light box but don't know how to use it yet. 3x28gka1/38gn80
3ffc4f587fa0b6938082f116357eadf8.jpg
85074c3deab69772929eec60d68cd85e.jpg
4bac0e83fc68007bb4a8a9fb29a8fd9f.jpg

Need some LED lights in the 5000-5500k light range or use some natural white light and diffuse it for some good pics. Overall it looks good!!

Someone that isnt allowed here anymore kept telling others, including myself to try some Multicore Cat Tracks....Im trying a Multicore Framed Variation and even though he cant read this (maybe) I want to thank him openly and that it reacts much differently then the ones I was making beforehand.

SPECS: 20 x 36N80/26g 316L/32N80 (4 Wraps/3.5mm ID @ .11 Ohms)

20160817_153305.jpg 20160817_151718.jpg 20160817_152324.jpg 20160817_152749.jpg 20160817_152847.jpg 20160817_152941.jpg 20160817_153011.jpg 20160817_153709.jpg 20160817_153922.jpg 20160817_154018.jpg

H

Harry Nutczak

Need some LED lights in the 5000-5500k light range or use some natural white light and diffuse it for some good pics. Overall it looks good!!
Someone that isnt allowed here anymore kept telling others, including myself to try some Multicore Cat Tracks....Im trying a Multicore Framed Variation and even though he cant read this (maybe) I want to thank him openly and that it reacts much differently then the ones I was making beforehand.
Nice job!
I have a set similar to those, and you're right - they give a very nice vape.

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

View attachment 59368 View attachment 59370 View attachment 59374 View attachment 59375 View attachment 59377 View attachment 59376 View attachment 59369 View attachment 59372 View attachment 59373 View attachment 59371
Okay, I'll try looking for them. Or just build in the morning. I just used our desk lamp and I didn't know I should use two.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay, I'll try looking for them. Or just build in the morning. I just used our desk lamp and I didn't know I should use two.

I go outside and shoot in a shadow, it has help my picture quality and more by large margins, people have thought Ive gotten a much better camera but all thats changed was shooting outside..and I used a different strength Macro Lens on my phone.
Try shooting outside, not in direct sunlight sometime in the morning/mid-day...you'll be surprised on how much it helps. Then download paint.net and adjust the Contrast, Sharpen, and the Saturation and you can really make your pictures pop.

VU Sponsors