Become a Patron!

Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just some good stuff....these were for actual vaping and not just for pictures, Im not skilled in making these and I never can get them helix to work going every 3, 4, or 5 grooves so I went straight across....I was going to break the 46g helix off and make it naked but I got a little present in from our friend that isnt allowed to be written. CrazyProCook out of the kindness of his heart sent me a cloudcap and tip to replace my destroyed version on my Petri V2. I am very grateful for his generosity, I havent put the Petri down since I tossed this build in it and threw the cap on :inlove:

20160824_133338.jpg 20160824_142122.jpg 20160824_141921.jpg 20160824_141932.jpg 20160824_142144.jpg 20160824_114115.jpg 20160824_134703.jpg 20160824_114438.jpg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for suggestions to build in the theorem. I'm thinking a single coil. I need to stay at .2 ohms or above. Looking for decent clouds but definitely flavor and I have 24, 26, and 29 gauge stainless steel wire.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm looking for suggestions to build in the theorem. I'm thinking a single coil. I need to stay at .2 ohms or above. Looking for decent clouds but definitely flavor and I have 24, 26, and 29 gauge stainless steel wire.

You need some gauges in the 34g-40g for anything good..You could do some Twisted and Helix'd coils, Twisted with Staged heating (using a plain wire for faster ramp up).

Twist up 2x26g so there is about 3 ridges per half inch then hammer them flat. Coil it up for 5 Wraps and the Parallel it with 6 Wraps of 29g, If it wont fit then drop a wrap off each.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need some gauges in the 34g-40g for anything good..You could do some Twisted and Helix'd coils, Twisted with Staged heating (using a plain wire for faster ramp up).

Twist up 2x26g so there is about 3 ridges per half inch then hammer them flat. Coil it up for 5 Wraps and the Parallel it with 6 Wraps of 29g, If it wont fit then drop a wrap off each.
Great idea. Thanks ray. I'm working on more gauges, just money is right right now. And trying to find a good place for bulk ss316l. Has a place on eBay, but their stock is crap right now. I might have to look at them again.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You guys and gals have been awesome. It inspires me seeing what you all produce. Looking forward to the day when I can make my first aliens.

I really hope my computer doesn't crap out again. I really missed hanging out here :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanksalot. I bookmarked that seller, that's a good deal. I'll definitely be making an order.

Kingorchid is another great seller on Ebay that sells 38g-50g at amazing prices ($9-$11 for 1000ft spools) but he wont be back until August 31st), make sure you bookmark him also!

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just some good stuff....these were for actual vaping and not just for pictures, Im not skilled in making these and I never can get them helix to work going every 3, 4, or 5 grooves so I went straight across....I was going to break the 46g helix off and make it naked but I got a little present in from our friend that isnt allowed to be written. CrazyProCook out of the kindness of his heart sent me a cloudcap and tip to replace my destroyed version on my Petri V2. I am very grateful for his generosity, I havent put the Petri down since I tossed this build in it and threw the cap on :inlove:

View attachment 59932 View attachment 59928 View attachment 59927 View attachment 59929 View attachment 59926 View attachment 59930 View attachment 59931 View attachment 59933

Theres something about vaping staples with little or no wraps over the top, i notice you get more flavour and less spitting, yeah it can be a hotter vape but thats not a problem on a reg device.

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Back to series mods. Had to ditch my interlocking aliens on my regulated. I need another atty and parallel mod. The framed staples are too awesome.
6cccd599419ea5fd6ceddb5b6a55ddc0.jpg
491a5461ac469636c32429d230f4d907.jpg
42d5dce1838b6cda1e22d1ddf43e6ff1.jpg
221c536bc04d20e295e1a4be93dae8ee.jpg

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kingorchid is another great seller on Ebay that sells 38g-50g at amazing prices ($9-$11 for 1000ft spools) but he wont be back until August 31st), make sure you bookmark him also!
Dead link. It goes to the Ebay homepage.

Seller one gets the ball rolling, seller two will restock wrap wire,,,,,,,,,, awesome.

H

Harry Nutczak

Same here - the doctor said to drop 3 things - bread, pasta, rice - and only put proteins and veggies on my plate.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fp1q4O5m.jpg

Flat SS wire wrapped on itself ....so inner and outer coils, which you can see where I pulled the wick in and slightly separated them :) .16ohms. Like a parallel but one inside the other - you would not be able to parallel that much wire unless you had a 40mm RDA ha ha.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to say thanks @raymo2u. This coils is freaking amazing. A nice warm, but not hot vape and flavour for days.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just wanted to say thanks @raymo2u. This coils is freaking amazing. A nice warm, but not hot vape and flavour for days.

No problem, glad your enjoying it....

The Recoil RDA was delivered today and I threw some Aliens Squared into it...I like Grimm but in no way would I gush if his RDA sucked....Im not a fan of the 4 post deck and how small the build space is inside it but it does have a amazing flavor profile...with the flavor cap its a bit tighter then the Petri with the cloud cap but the flavor is intense!!! Im glad I got one as it definitely wont be one I put away. I filled it with soo much juice accidentally that the juice line was halfway up the coils...no spilling, no spit back and it still vaped well....Its worth a try.

20160825_134625.jpg 20160825_134146.jpg 20160825_134134.jpg 20160825_134026.jpg 20160825_134858.jpg 20160825_140138.jpg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Recoil RDA was delivered today and I threw some Aliens Squared into it...I like Grimm but in no way would I gush if his RDA sucked....Im not a fan of the 4 post deck and how small the build space is inside it but it does have a amazing flavor profile...with the flavor cap its a bit tighter then the Petri with the cloud cap but the flavor is intense!!! Im glad I got one as it definitely wont be one I put away. I filled it with soo much juice accidentally that the juice line was halfway up the coils...no spilling, no spit back and it still vaped well....Its worth a try.

View attachment 60022 View attachment 60020 View attachment 60018 View attachment 60019 View attachment 60021 View attachment 60017
So want one. Amazing rda

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So the macro that @raymo2u suggested came in today. I figured I would try my hand at photo stacking, after trying out the lens. This is 7 photos stacked. It's okay for a first try, but definitely needs some tweaking.

View attachment 60049
Ive havent stacked any of my recent shots since getting the new lens but I know its a pain in the ass. The shot looks good though! Are you using Helicon?

I love how that lens has a much larger focus point...if your not fully zoomed in you can catch a entire RDA and have it all in focus, my last lens I could only focus on a a coil (less then the entire coil) and everything else would be blurred. I noticed if I zoom in all the way with my camera I loose alot of sharpness, color is slightly more faint, and detail isnt there. Ive been zooming in about 4/5 and using much more lighting then I was before.

H

Harry Nutczak

Are you using Helicon?
Didn't know what that was, so I just looked it up. No, just the button on the phone. I have a bluetooth remote button, but with the latest Android update, they fucked up the bluetooth compatibility so I couldn't use it.

H

Harry Nutczak

Try #2, same coil. I think I'm treating this lens like my other one, but they need to be used differently.
Stacked, then blended.

Stacked.jpg Blended.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Didn't know what that was, so I just looked it up. No, just the button on the phone. I have a bluetooth remote button, but with the latest Android update, they fucked up the bluetooth compatibility so I couldn't use it.
Ah well if you take multiple pictures with different points of focus you can get a really sharp pic using a program like Helicon compressing them into one image...there are other programs out there but they dont seem to be as good as Helicon as have more troubles with compressing the images correctly. (I see you know what and how to stack, ignore the first part)

Sometimes my remote button connects and 90% of the time it just takes it out of camera mode when I hit the button..I went back to holding the camera button and taking a breath and then letting go...seems to work just as well..

Here's a build I had made for the next round in CoilWars (Round 2 is Staples/Staggs) and decided its not what Im going to use but I figured I would share either way...Also here's a few pictures on how I setup for these builds on the drill.

20160825_182516.jpg 20160825_182527.jpg 20160825_182535.jpg 20160825_184251.jpg 20160825_184511.jpg 20160825_190023.jpg 20160825_190018.jpg 20160825_185956.jpg 20160825_190150.jpg 20160825_190138.jpg

H

Harry Nutczak

sing a program like Helicon
Ahh... When I looked up "Helicon" before all I saw was a thing that lets you trigger your shutter button. I didn't know that what you were referring to was software. I'm using Photoshop CC to do the stack edits.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What are you using to stamp your team/sponsor images?
I use Paint.net for all my editing, I just drag them image into a new layer over my image and then merge it when finished with sizing/layer editing. Its basically a simplified version of Photoshop and its free.

H

Harry Nutczak

Okay, it's software called paint.net - that's fucking idiotic. Who the hell would name their product after a website that they don't own?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay, it's software called paint.net - that fucking idiotic. Who the hell would name their product after a website that they don't own?
Yea I didnt understand that either..why call it Pain.net if its just a Program and not the page its on?

VapeSalsa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I'm glad you posted this. I've been thinking about getting one but on the fence. I figured with the RDAs i have why get another one. I am though a huge fan of squirting juice with no regard into an rda. Also good flavor is where I like my RDAs. Now that the black is available ordering one.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm glad you posted this. I've been thinking about getting one but on the fence. I figured with the RDAs i have why get another one. I am though a huge fan of squirting juice with no regard into an rda. Also good flavor is where I like my RDAs. Now that the black is available ordering one.
Ill post a pic tomorrow of how full I can get it without worry..As long as you dont go as high as the ridge on the outside and tip it you can overdrip like crazy....I just wish they made the inside a 24mm and the outside a 28mm. The true dimensions of the inside is similar to a Battledeck, 17mm is the actual diameter of the juice well and it opens up around where your coils woul be to 20mm...so its tight and doesnt hold much juice in the well so its a plus that you can have those extra few mm's of juice well around the coils.

Having the juice up to the coils doesnt effect much since the air is hitting the top of the coils and straight up. I suggest a build around .1 with the Flavor Cap and something around .08-.09 for the cloud cap (Its pretty airy). The build quality is solid and the flathead grub screws are great...its easy to build on, I just wish it was bigger...

mcrazzle54

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@raymo2u What was the name or the link of that clamp you got for the chuck of your drill to hold the wide stacks of wire a while back. I went through the old posts and can't seem to find it. Also can't seem to find anything online probably cause I'm not searching for the right thing. If u remember the name of it let me know please. Thanks

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u What was the name or the link of that clamp you got for the chuck of your drill to hold the wide stacks of wire a while back. I went through the old posts and can't seem to find it. Also can't seem to find anything online probably cause I'm not searching for the right thing. If u remember the name of it let me know please. Thanks
A Hand Vise
Narrow Jaw Version
Wide Jaw Version

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I thought the color on these was crazy enough to post...They came out wonkier then I wanted but the colors came out great for now, should be even more colorful when I really pulse it and bring out the Ribbon colors. For those wanting to know how to color KA1 Ribbon or Kanthal D wire watch this.

20160826_130502.jpg 20160826_130423.jpg 20160826_130428.jpg 20160826_130449.jpg 20160826_130253.jpg 20160826_130456.jpg 20160826_130316.jpg 20160826_130411.jpg

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My humble little contribution among a sea of amazing builds: Simple Fused Clapton, 2x26 wrapped in 34. All KA1 as I made a mistake on my wire order last time(Note, never order while half asleep) and ended up ordering all my high gauges in KA1 instead of N80 like I wanted. :oops:
I was on a serious building kick earlier this year(January/February) and was starting to progress myself into working with Staples and the like, but quickly lost motivation to keep building fancy coils as I really didn't have the gear to do so. I spent quite a while just building naked wire coils, as it was quick and easy, and I went through quite the lazy vaper stage. I still have to pick myself up a set of swivels for my new basement work bench(Finally have a nice dedicated spot to work on my coils in the basement). I am slowly starting to work my way back into wrapping some nicer coils, and this was my first set of Fused Claptons since February. Having a 2.5 week old son at home is obviously my biggest priority right now, so I am not cranking out builds like I would like, but I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Hopefully soon I will be able to contribute some nicer builds to this thread.

Also, dont mind the sanded down and ugly looking Cuboid, Its a WIP currently. Attempting to settle on how I want to finish it. Toss up between Alcohol Ink or doing some nice paint work on it.

IMG_0232.JPG

Last edited:

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My humble little contribution among a sea of amazing builds: Simple Fused Clapton, 2x26 wrapped in 34. All KA1 as I made a mistake on my wire order last time(Note, never order while half asleep) and ended up ordering all my high gauges in KA1 instead of N80 like I wanted. :oops:
I was on a serious building kick earlier this year(January/February) and was starting to progress myself into working with Staples and the like, but quickly lost motivation to keep building fancy coils as I really didn't have the gear to do so. I still have to pick myself up a set of swivels for my new basement work bench(Finally have a nice dedicated spot to work on my coils in the basement). I am slowly starting to work my way back into wrapping some nicer coils, and this was my first set of Fused Claptons since February. Having a 2.5 week old son at home is obviously my biggest priority right now, so I am not cranking out builds like I would like, but I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Hopefully soon I will be able to contribute some nicer builds to this thread.

Also, dont mind the sanded down and ugly looking Cuboid, Its a WIP currently. Attempting to settle on how I want to finish it. Toss up between Alcohol Ink or doing some nice paint work on it.

View attachment 60102
Personally I do like a 'USED' looking mod, even an 'ABUSED' looking mod :)
Good looking coil, good looking coil placement, good looking wicking. Think that makes it a good build :stars2:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Here's the pics I was talking about. I took out the Aliens Squared out for something a bit warmer.. I made some 2 x 26KA1+24g 316L/42KD Fused Claptons (5 Wraps/3mm ID @ .1 Ohms) and I raised them much higher then the Aliens, they are higher then the Center post and closer to the airflow....it doesnt taste much better then this unless your licking the juice!

Now for the pictures of how much you can dump into the well. Raising the coils gave me even more room and now its almost ridiculous how much juice you can put in this RDA.

How much I normally put in:
20160826_181706.jpg 20160826_181712.jpg

You can seriously fill it this full and as long as you dont tip it too much you can vape it no issues, I have been able to get about 18-20 draws per dump. Remember there is still a 5mm-6mm juice well cavity under the coils also...

20160826_181732.jpg 20160826_181739.jpg 20160826_181804.jpg 20160826_181812.jpg

Tom_Pulliam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought the color on these was crazy enough to post...They came out wonkier then I wanted but the colors came out great for now, should be even more colorful when I really pulse it and bring out the Ribbon colors. For those wanting to know how to color KA1 Ribbon or Kanthal D wire watch this.

View attachment 60090 View attachment 60091 View attachment 60092 View attachment 60093 View attachment 60094 View attachment 60095 View attachment 60096 View attachment 60097
Love the color. I couldn't get the link to work that you posted, if you get a chance would you put it up again. Please and Thank You in advance

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Love the color. I couldn't get the link to work that you posted, if you get a chance would you put it up again. Please and Thank You in advance

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Here you go: LINK, remember its for Kanthal A1 and Kanthal D only...SS and N80 need 20w and you dont want to make the coil start glowing or the colors will already be gone.

VU Sponsors