Become a Patron!

Post your builds

VapeSalsa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here's the pics I was talking about. I took out the Aliens Squared out for something a bit warmer.. I made some 2 x 26KA1+24g 316L/42KD Fused Claptons (5 Wraps/3mm ID @ .1 Ohms) and I raised them much higher then the Aliens, they are higher then the Center post and closer to the airflow....it doesnt taste much better then this unless your licking the juice!

Now for the pictures of how much you can dump into the well. Raising the coils gave me even more room and now its almost ridiculous how much juice you can put in this RDA.

How much I normally put in:
View attachment 60111 View attachment 60114

You can seriously fill it this full and as long as you dont tip it too much you can vape it no issues, I have been able to get about 18-20 draws per dump. Remember there is still a 5mm-6mm juice well cavity under the coils also...

View attachment 60113 View attachment 60112 View attachment 60116 View attachment 60115

Thanks for posting those. Looking forward to dumping tons of juice in there.

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sticking with this one for a while. Made a couple of aliens the past couple of days then decided to make fraliens. Ended up not having enough de-cored wrap and pulled everything off. I still love framed staple coils. I'm not going back to series for a while.

Hoping to get an hohm wrecker g2 soon. This ended up at .14. I'm surprised my ipv5 is still firing it.

2x28gka1/6x.04ka1/38gn80
c597b2e3bfb34b96cb8bed389ba9fecb.jpg
9cddc13847b25c79fe0ffe8eefce2c53.jpg
36b5fb7c51a4e7fdcfdab74b27215bc3.jpg
75007a147aaab98f3945a9fb66cd44ed.jpg

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sticking with this one for a while. Made a couple of aliens the past couple of days then decided to make fraliens. Ended up not having enough de-cored wrap and pulled everything off. I still love framed staple coils. I'm not going back to series for a while.

Hoping to get an hohm wrecker g2 soon. This ended up at .14. I'm surprised my ipv5 is still firing it.

2x28gka1/6x.04ka1/38gn80
c597b2e3bfb34b96cb8bed389ba9fecb.jpg
9cddc13847b25c79fe0ffe8eefce2c53.jpg
36b5fb7c51a4e7fdcfdab74b27215bc3.jpg
75007a147aaab98f3945a9fb66cd44ed.jpg

You wont regret getting a G2...might end up selling all your other Regulated mods after though...nothing is quite as pleasing ;)

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You wont regret getting a G2...might end up selling all your other Regulated mods after though...nothing is quite as pleasing ;)
As soon as I find a store that's selling at a reasonable price :p I found one online but they're not willing to send it to my mail forwarding address in California.

One member here is good enough to sell me his if I'm really out of luck. Hopefully, this other site drops their price for your weekend holiday (can't remember. Labor day?). Or the wife goes to NY next month and can get me one!

I'll keep my ipv and force her to stop using the cricket. I stopped using my mechs because they're too time consuming to clean, and now I'm still running upkeep on her cricket.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
E
As soon as I find a store that's selling at a reasonable price :p I found one online but they're not willing to send it to my mail forwarding address in California.

One member here is good enough to sell me his if I'm really out of luck. Hopefully, this other site drops their price for your weekend holiday (can't remember. Labor day?). Or the wife goes to NY next month and can get me one!

I'll keep my ipv and force her to stop using the cricket. I stopped using my mechs because they're too time consuming to clean, and now I'm still running upkeep on her cricket.

Ecig.com has them for $70, if you sign up and use Ben10 you can get 10% off also ;)
I paid $140 for mine and I would buy 3 more for that same price..they are worth every penny! Hohmtech is releasing a triple 18650 g2 called the Hohm Run soon but it wont be sold in the USA unfortunately...Im going to order one overseas if I have to but that will be exactly what I wanted! Hopefully its in flask form :rolleyes: I can dream cant I?!?!!

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
E

Ecig.com has them for $70, if you sign up and use Ben10 you can get 10% off also ;)
I paid $140 for mine and I would buy 3 more for that same price..they are worth every penny! Hohmtech is releasing a triple 18650 g2 called the Hohm Run soon but it wont be sold in the USA unfortunately...Im going to order one overseas if I have to but that will be exactly what I wanted! Hopefully its in flask form :rolleyes: I can dream cant I?!?!!
That's where I initially went. It sucks that I can't purchase it from them. I'm still looking for relatives or whoever who's willing to get it for me and I'll PayPal them back. But if I get a lemon, I'm screwed :p

Dammit! Stop making me want things that I shouldn't need! Haha! Never owned a triple 18650 since all of my married batteries are just in pairs. Will they by any chance release from the Philippines?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's where I initially went. It sucks that I can't purchase it from them. I'm still looking for relatives or whoever who's willing to get it for me and I'll PayPal them back. But if I get a lemon, I'm screwed :p

Dammit! Stop making me want things that I shouldn't need! Haha! Never owned a triple 18650 since all of my married batteries are just in pairs. Will they by any chance release from the Philippines?

Im not sure where they will be released...right now we are just getting tidbits of info on it...I know how you feel man but where there is a will there is a way!

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I didnt understand that either..why call it Pain.net if its just a Program and not the page its on?
It was a replacement for the Microsoft 'Paint' program and it was written using the DotNET framework which was new at the time, hence it was called Paint DotNET, which was shortened to Paint .NET.....so its only half stupid.

H

Harry Nutczak

You can seriously fill it this full and as long as you dont tip it too much you can vape it no issues
This seriously restricts your airflow, though, and seems like it would extremely limit the flavor capabilities of the coils.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This seriously restricts your airflow, though, and seems like it would extremely limit the flavor capabilities of the coils.
The key is the air is only hitting the top of the coils and skimming over the face of it at a 45 degree(?) angle, it barely gets to get below the coil before its pulled into the drip tip...If it was any other airflow I would suggest against it but it doesnt seem to diminish the flavor, possibly the added juice and further reduced chamber balances it out?

H

Harry Nutczak

Sorry, but I'm not seeing a valid point here. I'm seeing a 50-60% loss in surface area. To me, that translates to a major loss of flavor.

You could always position the coils about 1mm from the bottom of the deck, completely immerse them in juice, leave them wickless, and just boil away to your hearts content... :p :D :eek:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You will have to try it and see

The coils themselves arent submerged but I did make the point you can fill them up to that point without leaking. Fill the juice up the the top of the deck I dont feel causes any real issues or juices boiling or loss in coil surface area. Just the chamber becomes smaller and more juice are benefits.

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I tried a framed staple today with the little bit of .5x.1 I had. After a while of getting everything situated, the wrap was actually going pretty good. Until the bandaid on my thumb I forgot about frayed a little and got some threads wrapped up in the mix. So now I have some .8 ordered from KBee on eBay. I think that's the seller you guys recommended.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, I tried a framed staple today with the little bit of .5x.1 I had. After a while of getting everything situated, the wrap was actually going pretty good. Until the bandaid on my thumb I forgot about frayed a little and got some threads wrapped up in the mix. So now I have some .8 ordered from KBee on eBay. I think that's the seller you guys recommended.

.8 wqill only be good for laying it horizontally...dont think your going to be able to make it vertical and wrap it...thats a bitch and a half!!!

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.8 wqill only be good for laying it horizontally...dont think your going to be able to make it vertical and wrap it...thats a bitch and a half!!!
So should I get a smaller size then? Stick with .5 or go to .3?

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I looked through his shop last night and didn't see any .4 so I sent a message to see if I could change it to .5 instead. If not maybe I can just use the .8 to wrap around some parallel wires or something?

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Any family in Canada? We will still be getting new devices.

H

Harry Nutczak

I also wanted to show what that 37mm lens is capable of without any stacking at all...The build isnt the best quality overall but the sharpness and image quality is what Im showing here....

Here's a pic I took using the same lens that you suggested. I love this thing! Obviously no stacking, and the only edit was a bit of cropping.

2016-08-19 17.15.07.jpg

H

Harry Nutczak

Yeah, I got the filter set, too. But i might just resell it on eBay, as i can probably do all that with software.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I got the filter set, too. But i might just resell it on eBay, as i can probably do all that with software.
You may have got the Color filters but theres one lens that isnt in that kit that I want, the CPL lens.

CPL LENS

I found a few 37mm extension tubes..these are the next things Im going to order and play with

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I got the color filters.
Ive never played with color filters before but from what Ive seen they can be used for certain lighting to get a better picture but your right about editing to get the same effect. Im not sure if you can polarize a image without the CPL filter though. It does look to warrant a purchase..

Sample_WithCPL.jpg
nicolina_cplfilter_1.jpg

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What do the extension tubes do?
"Extension tubes allow you to shift the focus zone of the lens you’re using so that the smallest of items are crystal clear and tack sharp."

https://www.digitalphotomentor.com/hot-to-use-macro-extension-tubes/
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/macro-extension-tubes-closeup.htm
https://photographylife.com/what-is-an-extension-tube

If your not going to go all out for macro photography then it may not be needed but Im trying to exand and explore looking to gain more out of what I have, thats why Ive been learning as much as I can about the one thing Ive been lacking..image quality and editing.

Hi new to the vape scene :) here's my first parallel build!
Dual coil kanthal a1 24/28g clapton and 24g parallel
5 wraps on a 3.5mm screwdriver
Reads .14 on my meter but my mod says .13 I'm pushing it at 75w on my koopor plus 200w

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I could see me helping some US brethern due to the vapeopolse. I think the whole FDA thing is bullshit.
You guys are awesome. I'm still trying to convince a friend who lives in the US to get it for me so I can have it shipped here in the Philippines. Hopefully that works! I do have vu as my last hope!

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Build for the day. I wanted to try making Mohawks for the wife's noisy cricket but it ended up as a normal alien. Will try again soon.

Made a fralien for my series box too. Tiny, tiny bastard. 2x30gka1/3x.4rka1/38gn80 comes out to .38 ohms.

c8d70b2d33578089207b7213e91ccc6c.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey just tryed something new a Fused staple Multicore i really like it ! What do you think Taste is Great and Cloudy !

Check out my insta @steamiac_vape_pics
Glad to see someone familiar join up here

Reactions: SVP

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I need to bookmark this damn thread!!

I havent been keeping up with posting here....while my hands are crazy swollen from trying to braid from the next coilwars challenge I thought Id give them a rest and try posting some new stuff here...starting with newest first.

Made these about a hour ago, its a Series Build and the colors just are amazing...Its a hot build, lower then I originally wanted but I got some great batteries and knowledge of Ohms law/battery safety-MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THESE BEFORE REPLICATING!

3 x 30g 316L/40KD (6 Wraps/3mm ID @ .29 Ohms)

20160903_161117.jpg 20160903_165018.jpg 20160903_165427.jpg 20160903_165429.jpg 20160903_165227.jpg 20160903_165213.jpg 20160903_165459.jpg

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I tried a staggered framed staple for the first time. With not so good results. I kept getting skips in the stagger wire, and I can't figure out why. Any ideas? The specs are 6x0.4 ribbon, 28/36 frames, 38 stagger wire.

Although I must admit, I'm happy with the coiled pic - the flaws don't stand out too bad.

2016-09-04 13.13.59.jpg
2016-09-04 13.25.30.jpg
2016-09-04 13.24.17.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I tried a staggered framed staple for the first time. With not so good results. I kept getting skips in the stagger wire, and I can't figure out why. Any ideas? The specs are 6x0.4 ribbon, 28/36 frames, 38 stagger wire.

Although I must admit, I'm happy with the coiled pic - the flaws don't stand out too bad.

View attachment 60676
View attachment 60678
View attachment 60677

I usually fuse it all by hand, one by one if it starts doing that...there is always a point it starts doing that and what I do it fuse it by hand until the angle gets too crazy then I will skip a groove and it will go back to being able to fuse it fast again...most time the mistakes or skipped parts will be far and few between and sometimes on one face of the wire so its easily hidden. I feel these types of coils are the biggest pain in the ass/time consuming builds besides braiding.

I got the magnifying lens specifically for these types of builds...just for those parts I need to fuse one by one and know when to jump. Remember, a single 6 Wrap/3mm ID Coil is just under 3 inches in length and each wrap is a half inch, plan for the skips and mistakes accordingly!

This is the second hardest coil Ive ever fused.

20160901_110519.jpg 20160831_142740.jpg 20160831_150135.jpg 20160831_150127.jpg 20160831_150113.jpg 20160831_150333.jpg

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So this is normal?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So this is normal?
I would think so...I havent made a single one that was fused quickly and perfectly that was staggered with 36g+. If you use 34g or 36g stagger it seems to happen alot less...though Im not sure on why, maybe because theres more room and less overall wire to fuse?

I would think if you could PERFECTLY space the stagger and not move it at all then it could be made without mistakes but I dont have machinery to make that happen and all the methods to stagger have side effects and inconsistencies

VU Sponsors