Become a Patron!

Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
TF-RCA RBA New Build, 28g/42g Fused Clapton, 6 Wraps on 3mm bit (.46 Ohms) Great at 55W so far
20151123_111131-jpg.34320
20151123_111028-jpg.34322
20151123_111508-jpg.34326

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@CrazyChef did you see this on channel 7 news?? I'm from the Boston area and I just saw that they're having a story on in the morning how vaping is so bad because it has flavors like candy which is causing kids to start smoking because they got used to the nicotine from vaping and couldn't afford to keep up the cost of vaping I want to scream at the tv well 99% of those kids would be smoking anyways and vaping gives them a healthier alternative my parents found the need to call me and tell me I needed to watch it because vaping is unhealthy but yet it was ok when I smoked 2 packs a day

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I know - more bullshit. These people are putting out a realistic documentary about e-cigs and tobacco cigs.

Last edited:

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Had to give her a try, even with the imperfections. Vapes very nicely @0.4Ω and 100 watts. All kanthal, so I need the 100 for ramping. Tried it on the Beacon mech (with a single 25R) and it just took too long to ramp. Next time I'll try it with N80. Oh, it's 2x26K/30K.

DSC_0290.JPG

Last edited:

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@CrazyChef did you see this on channel 7 news?? I'm from the Boston area and I just saw that they're having a story on in the morning how vaping is so bad because it has flavors like candy which is causing kids to start smoking because they got used to the nicotine from vaping and couldn't afford to keep up the cost of vaping I want to scream at the tv well 99% of those kids would be smoking anyways and vaping gives them a healthier alternative my parents found the need to call me and tell me I needed to watch it because vaping is unhealthy but yet it was ok when I smoked 2 packs a day

Parents should have a more watchful eye on their kids. It's their fault if they let their kids get their hands on a vape, so they should be responsible for it. Secondly the shops selling e-cigarettes to minors should be found and are also at fault and criminal charges brought up against them in some way. We, the vapers need to speak out against these lies and show how it's changed not only our lives, but the millions of lives all across the world. In reality, it's just our corrupt, greedy government not getting enough of the share of e-cigarette sales. They figure if they can't benefit from it then nobody can. On a side note and more on topic: Just did my first flattened coil. 4 strand 28g Ni80 twisted and beat flat with a hammer and steel punch. 5 wraps on it. Can't wait to have a good enough camera again to post pics D:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I built a fused clapton with 26 gauge nichrome wrapped in 40 gauge kanthal d. Wraps actually came out good. Gabe it 5 wraps, probably should have gone with 4 for a better fit in my Crown rba. Give me a flavor tank for the drive to and from work. Flavor is great and throws some decent clouds. Downside is the draw is really restricted. Pretty tight in that rba. Need to do this build again and throw it in a rda...

3047d1f872d9dcc7bf2c0f35c9e49d83.jpg
5cb0c743950d2f91cd6d80d47fa03eec.jpg
ab9121a48d671d936c9a53aa5b0e5b47.jpg
770e01770d1588c5c440ac0e9f6dd4a6.jpg
f8fc46aff7cff4c93e8bd357e5d86435.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I built a fused clapton with 26 gauge nichrome wrapped in 40 gauge kanthal d. Wraps actually came out good. Gabe it 5 wraps, probably should have gone with 4 for a better fit in my Crown rba. Give me a flavor tank for the drive to and from work. Flavor is great and throws some decent clouds. Downside is the draw is really restricted. Pretty tight in that rba. Need to do this build again and throw it in a rda...

3047d1f872d9dcc7bf2c0f35c9e49d83.jpg
5cb0c743950d2f91cd6d80d47fa03eec.jpg
ab9121a48d671d936c9a53aa5b0e5b47.jpg
770e01770d1588c5c440ac0e9f6dd4a6.jpg
f8fc46aff7cff4c93e8bd357e5d86435.jpg

If draw is tight and if you can raise the coil up a few millimeters and you'll get a big difference...Thats what Ive been doing lately because even wide open the draw is still choked up. Also for your RBA I would say use a Fused Clapton with 30g/40g+ then it will fit and still produce a great vape. I would cut a wrap or 2 out of that build you have now-but thats just me(good job fitting it in though :D).

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Almost there... Still some imperfections, though.

View attachment 34350
Most builders jump down a size in the wire that is used to fuse the two. Like if you use 38g for the staggers, use 40g to fuse them. Or 36g staggers and 38g to fuse them. The slightly smaller wire drops between the staggered wraps a little easier than the same gauge wire does

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool, thanks @scarecrowjenkins
Another problem I am having is the core keeps snapping at the drill end when I unwind one of the wires from the initial Claptoning. The swivels seem to be turning just fine. I probably lost a whole coils worth because of this, and had to keep reinserting the core into the end part of the Clapton and inserting it back into the drill which is in no doubt distorting part of the Clapton.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's another one I haven't been able to do. Staple coil. I got some 0.8 ribbon from LV because I figured that would be easier to learn with. It's definitely easier!

So, here's a 4x0.8K/40N staged with 26N, 2.5mmID, 0.21Ω

DSC_0295.JPG
DSC_0314.JPG
DSC_0324.JPG

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Twist the ribbon stack, then Clapton it?

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
But at least I have some type of project for the few 100 feet of Ribbon wire I bought on a wire buying frenzy.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey that's what my fused claptons look like sometimes when I don't want them too lol the swivels I had locked up so it it twisted the wire before I got 1/4 of the way down I won't surrender to this lol

That last one I did in my Crown did that. My cheap-o swivels bound up and the thing twisted up like crazy. A quick hold with the nylon pliers and spinning the drill backwards got all of the twist out thankfully!

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Second attempt at fused Claptons. First pair was 32/24 KA1 but those were power hogs. Went with N80 28g wrapped in 34g KA1 for this build, 7 wraps on 3mm for the velocity gives me .30 ohms on the nose and is much faster to ramp up. Vapes great. I'm still having trouble getting my wraps as tight as I want without the wrap doubling back on itself.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448415463.311150.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That last one I did in my Crown did that. My cheap-o swivels bound up and the thing twisted up like crazy. A quick hold with the nylon pliers and spinning the drill backwards got all of the twist out thankfully!

Oh I went right to Wally World and got ones that worked a whole lot better I was getting so mad at first but thank you for the suggestion just in case.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A colourful stapled helix.
85605f6b086d018794efd5cae6d9efff.jpg

6b82d42d10fdf2c05fee7a3f667f56c8.jpg

-Specs-
4x 0.5mm KPA1 ribbon
2x Twisted 28/28g KPN80 frames
4x 36gKPN80 helixes
Metered at 0.19ohms

You had me lost at specs: I wish I could come up with half of the things you do hopefully as I get more comfortable with building wire maybe I can come up with something as cool looking as that but I won't hold my breath just in case. Lol that is some serious art

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A colourful stapled helix.
85605f6b086d018794efd5cae6d9efff.jpg

6b82d42d10fdf2c05fee7a3f667f56c8.jpg

-Specs-
4x 0.5mm KPA1 ribbon
2x Twisted 28/28g KPN80 frames
4x 36gKPN80 helixes
Metered at 0.19ohms

Question for you. Are you using the ribbon wire vertical sandwiched between the twisted 28/28 then helixed I have watched any vids on something that complex yet it's just the way my brain breaks it down am I even close?

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question for you. Are you using the ribbon wire vertical sandwiched between the twisted 28/28 then helixed I have watched any vids on something that complex yet it's just the way my brain breaks it down am I even close?

Exactly right!

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Exactly right!

Woohoo now how do you get everything to stayed lined up right before you get enough of it done until it kinds of lines up itself I was thinking about some type of tape but afraid it'd leave a residue of glue on the wire

Last edited:

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woohoo now how do you get everything to states lined up right before you get enough of it done until it kinds of lines up itself I was thinking about some type of tape but afraid it'd leave a residue of glue on the wire

I use 36g to bind the ribbon together, and painters tape to hold the twisted to the ribbon. Once one pass of the helix wire is done all the tape and wire has been removed and you just have to fill in the gaps with helix.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I decided to try a little coloring practice with a torch. Not nearly as good as what I've seen here, but it's a start.

DSC_0335.JPG

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After a little enhancements:
DSC_0335.1.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Finally got a Alien Wire Down....3x26g/38g
20151125_112052-jpg.34502

Some other Wires...
2x36g/44g/40g Nano Twisted Helix Clapton
2x26g/34g/32g Twisted Helix Clapton
2x24g/32g/38g Staggered Fused Clapton
2x22g/26g & 36/44g Claptoned Fused Clapton with Claptons

20151125_112627-jpg.34503
20151125_112716-jpg.34504
20151125_112423-jpg.34505

Last edited:

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Cool, thanks @scarecrowjenkins
Another problem I am having is the core keeps snapping at the drill end when I unwind one of the wires from the initial Claptoning. The swivels seem to be turning just fine. I probably lost a whole coils worth because of this, and had to keep reinserting the core into the end part of the Clapton and inserting it back into the drill which is in no doubt distorting part of the Clapton.
Are you twisting your core to straighten it before you begin the process? If so, that's probably the problem

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Back to basics...
Don't feel like dripping all day at my sister's boyfriends house for Thanksgiving, so I needed a build for my Tobeco Supertank RDA.
Dual fused Clapton, 2x30N/40N, 0.47Ω
Vapes way better than expected on my iStick 50W.

DSC_0340.1.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got this little guy coming in from eBay today
s-l1600.jpg

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ffe9b5d534fc8be6432b81a65778abfb.jpg

Commence wire building.

I got an articulated one just because I thought it'd be easier to move around and it was 16$ so if someone thinks something else is better please let me know it's not too late I haven't taken it out of the box yet

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got an articulated one just because I thought it'd be easier to move around and it was 16$ so if someone thinks something else is better please let me know it's not too late I haven't taken it out of the box yet

That vise will do just fine for any light hobbying and wire work. I haven't got one yet because I really want a Anvil/Vise setup, something around 20lbs or so for heavy hammering and strength.
The pliers they sell online but I like buying tools in local stores as I can feel and try it before I buy it, almost all hand tools Ive bought online Ive broken in a few days from normal use....I want some Damascus type strength in my tools :p

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man all of you guys rock! This will be my go-to when I ever try attempting one of these builds. It's really inspiring seeing all of these builds. It really takes an artist to do them. I applaud every single one of you for sharing here. You should all honestly be proud of yourselves.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors