Become a Patron!

Problem with kangertech subvod

I tried to change the coil in my kangertech subvod (SSOCC coil) the other day but I think something went wrong? Ever since I tried to change it, it doesn't turn on. When I press the button it blinks the way it does when it's out of battery life but I know for a fact it is charged. I took it into my local vape shop to see if they could help but said they weren't allowed to troubleshoot. Any suggestions to get it working again?

Update: I kept trying to take apart and put everything back together a bunch of times so now the button is working fine and it actually turns on but nothing is heating and it just sounds like an empty whistle when I try to use it... Nothing coming out

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Update: I kept trying to take apart and put everything back together a bunch of times so now the button is working fine and it actually turns on but nothing is heating and it just sounds like an empty whistle when I try to use it... Nothing coming out
were gonna need more specific info and pics to help

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I tried to change the coil in my kangertech subvod (SSOCC coil) the other day but I think something went wrong? Ever since I tried to change it, it doesn't turn on. When I press the button it blinks the way it does when it's out of battery life but I know for a fact it is charged. I took it into my local vape shop to see if they could help but said they weren't allowed to troubleshoot. Any suggestions to get it working again?
I use the SSOCC .5Ω coils in my NeBox- I have been using for months no problems and then last week I put in a new coil- well it would only flash .999 and would not vape. I took it out and reinstalled it- still would not work. I grabbed a new coil from another pack and all is well. Maybe you have a janky coil?
I ordered more SSOCC coils and they are smaller than my 1st sets? They have SSOCC ( older smaller) and the SSOCC V2(newer and much bigger)- I have problems with the older version- the V2 work perfectly, I had NO idea that they had two sizes of these, thank goodness I only have a few boxes of the older ones and most worked OK until last week. Some of those work, others don't.
I was sent OCC coils .5Ω too(Square) and while I have not tried those yet, they should work also.
Hopefully you have spare coils, maybe try another one.
My NeBox asks new load+ or old load - and when using a new coil I push the up or plus button. I do not have a subvod so I don't know if yours flashes about like that?

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the subvod original and the mega tc. Both have quirks about them that really get on my nerves. On the mega, the button light will flash for 2 reasons: 1: is that the battery is dead, which you know and 2: either the coil has a short, the ohms are too low/ too high, or the 510 connection is not touching the connection in the battery. I was using a coil from Atom Vapes made for kanger tanks and it is ever so slightly taller than kangers. It had pushed the tanks positive pin out a bit further than the kanger coils and when I screwed it into the battery section it squished the buttery connector pin down below the rubber insulator. I couldn't figure out what went wrong for a long time. Out of the 3 kanger tanks I own, only the tank with the longer Atom Vapes coil would work on the mega tc battery. I took some angled tweezers from the coil master build kit and very gently worked the battery connection up to where it was above the rubber insulator. That fixed my problem! The coils you used may vary in length and you could possibly have the same problem i had. Make sure it's off and check that positive pin in your battery. If it looks like it's sunk down in the insulator your mod will not fire. I hope this long ass explanation helps man!

PS. Another word of advice is to consider getting a box mod. I use my subvods every now and then but you get way better performance out of a regulated box mod. You can adjust your watts, a lot of them now days are small and pocket friendly, and the best part is they have spring loaded 510 connectors so it resolves this stupid issue altogether!

VU Sponsors