Become a Patron!

Protank 3 Rebuild: Single Coil

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It took me quite a few tries to nail down a decent rebuild of my wife's Protank 3 attys. I educated myself on the dual-coil methods, but wanted to see if I could get away with a single. It worked.

--10mm piece of double-strand/twisted 32 gauge Kanthal.
--6 wraps on 1.4mm screwdriver
--Coil set toward the bottom of atty, using the screwdriver to help hold it in place.
--Cotton. I didn't cut it flush. I eased the extra up the chamber, so all the juice holes would be covered.
--That worthless cylinder slipped right on. A rubber mallet got the cap on.

.9 ohm. (Was shooting for 1.0 ohm... not bad.) She's at 7.5W with 12mg juice. Before I told her it was a single coil, she said the rebuild had a better flavor than the retail Kanger build. I took a drag. Even without a direct-lung inhale, it had a nice nicotine kick, which I absolutely wasn't expecting.

I'm hoping the future rebuilds-of-the-rebuilds will only require a change of cotton. Even if it doesn't, I'm going to do this for her Protank 2's. No more silica.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been doing them for two years. Duel and singles for the wife. Yes just have to change the cotton after they are rebuilt. I just get top caps from lightning vapes and convert them to version 1 coils which are a whole lot less hassle and vape much nicer. Lightning vapes sells just the parts you may need for them. I have about 60 rebuilt but am happy I got my wife switched to a IPV D2 TC with an ego one mega tank. Much easier to rebuild the coils and they last a lot longer than two tankfuls on the kanger minis. CHEERS!

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Wheelie.

I'll check LV for parts. She has about 15 of each type... The old versions and the 3s. She has both setups on the coffee table, along with the new Kanger Nebox. Yeah, she now has more hardware than me.

Thankfully, the Nebox comes with an RBA, but it also came with a pair of those newer disposables that I'm readily assuming are also rebuildable. (They seem to be lasting longer than the Protank 3 attys... 20ml of juice so far... not the typical two tiny tankfuls like you mentioned.)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors