Become a Patron!

Question about clapton coils

LivingSacrifice5

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all,
I don't have very much experience with claptons...i'm only now just venturing in to them.
Now, I know on regular coils....if i'm hearing a hiss after an inhale...i know it's either time to redrip on my rda's or if i'm using a tank, then I know hissing means its not wicking properly and I'm about to get the dreaded "burn't hit." At least, this has been my finding with the gear I have.
Now, my question is: Is a clapton suppose to hiss? I mean...it's got all those grooves and it retains more heat for longer, right? So it's gonna hiss, right? Or is something not performing adequately? The wick? To much cotton? To much power? Not enough? I'm running a .5 regular clapton...i'm not sure exactly what guage because it was some pre made clapton wire that came with my smok tfv4 micro tank (which I was very UN-IMPRESSED with).
The coil is 3/4 wraps on 3mm i.d. in my kanger subtank plus on the mini rba deck. Running between 30-40 watts on my rx200.
It's got great flavor, I have got no burnt hit's until I raised the power to 70 watts....then I got a little bit of an "off" not really burnt taste on a longer drag.
But, It hisses after every draw no matter how long. Is this normal?

Thanks
Vape On!

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all,
I don't have very much experience with claptons...i'm only now just venturing in to them.
Now, I know on regular coils....if i'm hearing a hiss after an inhale...i know it's either time to redrip on my rda's or if i'm using a tank, then I know hissing means its not wicking properly and I'm about to get the dreaded "burn't hit." At least, this has been my finding with the gear I have.
Now, my question is: Is a clapton suppose to hiss? I mean...it's got all those grooves and it retains more heat for longer, right? So it's gonna hiss, right? Or is something not performing adequately? The wick? To much cotton? To much power? Not enough? I'm running a .5 regular clapton...i'm not sure exactly what guage because it was some pre made clapton wire that came with my smok tfv4 micro tank (which I was very UN-IMPRESSED with).
The coil is 3/4 wraps on 3mm i.d. in my kanger subtank plus on the mini rba deck. Running between 30-40 watts on my rx200.
It's got great flavor, I have got no burnt hit's until I raised the power to 70 watts....then I got a little bit of an "off" not really burnt taste on a longer drag.
But, It hisses after every draw no matter how long. Is this normal?

Thanks
Vape On!
I'm not sure what you mean by hiss but my claptons are always loud. Lots of popping and spit back.

LivingSacrifice5

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess now that I think about it, it sounds more like a sizzle than a hiss. I hear the same noise on my uwell crown tank when one of the .25 coils crap out and start dealing out burnt hits. As soon as I take my finger off the button I hear a long loud sizzling sound. I hear it especially when I get a burnt hit on the crown.
With my subtank that I'm running the clapton in, I know the pops and stuff are normal, but I don't know about the sizzling.
Thanks

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a guess here but it sounds like you coil is staying hot longer than you are taking a drag.
You might be holding the fire button longer than normal or maybe it is just getting and staying hotter than your previous coils.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hiss and Poping noises are normal, its the metal getting liquid on it while its cooling down. Its like cars that are hot and have that ticking noise when they are off and cooling

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Clapton micro coils do have a "sizzling sound" it's inherent of the coil vs a space could or conventional coil

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors