Become a Patron!

Question about ohms for coils for regulated device

I have a battlestar smoant 80w uses one 18650 battery

This is a second post im doing from another one I made just so I can get some different opinions on this so I know what to get.

What ohm range should I aim for for a 80w regulated device using a single 18650 battery if I go to the store and get some premade coils what ohm range do I need to buy to get a nice warm vape with alot of cloud with my device

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This is a second post im doing from another one I made just so I can get some different opinions on this so I know what to get.

What ohm range should I aim for for a 80w regulated device using a single 18650 battery if I go to the store and get some premade coils what ohm range do I need to buy to get a nice warm vape with alot of cloud with my device
I would shoot for .35 to .50 single or dual coil set up......

This will give you a warm vape and good clouds at 30 to 60 watts...... You only have (1) battery...... So this ohmage will help you save power.....

Go below .30 and it will require more power to heat up the coils........

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I would shoot for .35 to .50 single or dual coil set up......

This will give you a warm vape and good clouds at 30 to 60 watts...... You only have (1) battery...... So this ohmage will help you save power.....

Go below .30 and it will require more power to heat up the coils........

Would this be the same for building my own coils. Im looking at getting my first RDA tank and want to start with pre-made coils to get use to it but when i go to steam engine it says 11w for the mod setting do i really only need 11 to power it? that seems awfully low to get a warm vape? It will be a single coil to start with.
Also what gauge should I look for

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Would this be the same for building my own coils. Im looking at getting my first RDA tank and want to start with pre-made coils to get use to it but when i go to steam engine it says 11w for the mod setting do i really only need 11 to power it? that seems awfully low to get a warm vape? It will be a single coil to start with.
Also what gauge should I look for

Are you picking 0.35 to 0.5 ohms?
What coil material are you using?

Are you picking 0.35 to 0.5 ohms?
What coil material are you using?

Kanthal or clapton is what ill go for to start with

which is best in the ohm range for 0.35 - 0.5? does a higher ohm mean more vapor thats kinda what im confused about

and does higher ohm mean that 0.5 is higher than 0.3?
Im still trying to wrap my head around the ohm thing

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The lower range is 0.35.

The lower the ohms the more battery life you are going to use but you will most likely end up with more clouds at 0.35 ohms.

It's a trade off so if you need the battery life you may want to go for the 0.5 ohm coil.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I’d go for a 0.2 - 0.3 ohms coil at that wattage

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’d go for a 0.2 - 0.3 ohms coil at that wattage
11 watts...... I can't get my screen to light up on any mod at 11 watts...... Your fucking with both of us..... That poor guy it's all happy...... I'll be rocking for several days at 11 watts..... Yeah Yeah.........

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
THERE Is No Correct OHM FOR A REGULATION MOD OR wattage... There is only the ohm and watts that work for you in that tank....

I would buy a variety of coils and find out what ypu like....

Me i like 25watts or less.... so I build to the watts.... I have 3 avocado22 running... I at .3 1 at .7 and 1 at 1ohm.. all using the same VW and TC setting. .. all produce about the same cloudage. But deliver different flavor notes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
11 watts......

LoL no higher

Only reason I say that is a 0.5 ohm coil will be bloody hot at 80w unless you self build and add loads of mass to a coil at which point it’s useless on a single battery mod anyway

Edit read back: premade meant for RDA not screw in doh my bad ...

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Use this tool
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html
heat flux determines the warmth of the vape.. aim for 275 to 350 depending on your airflow, or even higher if you wish (just dont burn the wick)

Using this tool will let you know what you can build with wires you have. 6 wraps of 26ga kanthal (dual coil) will likely work ok. On a 3.0mm id core= 2x 6 wrap of 26ga kanthal is 0.435 ohm and will give a pretty warm vape at 60W or higher

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use this tool
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html
heat flux determines the warmth of the vape.. aim for 275 to 350 depending on your airflow, or even higher if you wish (just dont burn the wick)

Using this tool will let you know what you can build with wires you have. 6 wraps of 26ga kanthal (dual coil) will likely work ok. On a 3.0mm id core= 2x 6 wrap of 26ga kanthal is 0.435 ohm and will give a pretty warm vape at 60W or higher
That's what we estimated... .35 to .50

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Try this
https://vaping360.com/basic-guide-vaping-wire/

VU Sponsors