Become a Patron!

R.I.P FOR RIP? NEW ALLEGATIONS ABOUT THE REVIEWER BREAK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sure hope that Twisted has some hard evidence to back up his allegations...there was nothing professional about how this was handled on Mod Envy by anyone and there is no reason whatsoever that all couldn't be revealed on the show instead of waiting until Twisted does an attention whore seeking drama fueled video...smh...

I like Rip... and based on my previous interactions with him, I'd need hard evidence to "believe" any of it. If it were true... I'd want to know to what extent it was true... Greed? Ignorance? Bad Communication?

One thing I do know is that is profitable in the way of ATTENTION to criticize and throw stones at the people "on top."

There was a short time before video reviewing got big that I had a handful of sellers petitioning me for reviews. This was 3+ years ago? They asked if they could send me stuff for free to review... One even asked if he could name a juice after me... and he did... There truly is pressure from some vendors... it does exist. Some will offer you things... and try to manipulate you into writing positive reviews...

I tried the video review thing, but I felt like such a douche watching myself that I never had the courage or ego that would allow me to release a video.
Really... a video juice review? We need to watch a video of someone inhaling flood flavorings and give us up to the second accounts of how the flavor profile is morphing...

Does this sound familiar?

"What's it taste like?" Charlie asked, it doesn't really taste like anything. What a jip! Wait I taste something.

"Madness! It's tomato soup! It's hot and creamy. I can actually feel it running down my throat! It's delicious!" I described to the crowd. Charlie was wispering to his grandpa about something unimportant,whatever this taste great,"It just gets better and better with each bite!"

"Stop. Don't." Willy Wonka said to me, well if he was seriously worried he'd be angry.

"It sure is great soup!"Oh boy was it!

"Hey, the second course is coming up-- Roast beef and a Baked Potato. Mmm!" This is so good, why is Wonka so worried it actually feels like I'm eating and I'm getting full.

"With Sour Cream? What's for dessert, baby?" Smooth dad, way to make no one laugh. But I think I taste the third course.

"Dessert? Here it comes-- Blueberry pie and cream.It's the most marvelous blueberry pie I've ever tasted!" This is so COOL, I can taste the blueberries and the juice going down my throat like the tomato soup.

I had the opportunity to beta test a handful of Rip's juices after he launched Khlorine and Dorky. I had two phone conversations with him.... and a handful of emails.

He was very kind and open. He told me he was not interested whatsoever in "reviews" being posted online... he said he just wanted true feedback about what he was making and wanted seasoned vapors like myself to give him that feedback. Some of the juices I tested were never even released.

When I did post positive reviews, he didn't acknowledge them.

I watch his reviews... I like him. I find him amusing. Yeah, Ihave noticed that he has become more and more positive about what he's reviewing these days... more diplomatic... most of them have...

I don't find a lot of other big name reviewers interesting or amusing.

I find a lot of them to be disingenuous and narcissistic.

Like a previous posted noted... a lot of them are like infomercials. I noticed this first with PB... I just watch them to see what the product looks like and to get a sense of how it performs.

Here's what erodes my trust:

It seems like there are so many people vying for internet attention these days in the vaping community. There is so much money at stake.
So much money at stake that there's no way I can bring myself to really trust anyone or anything I see or read.

Over the years I have recognized a handful of folks as helpful and seemingly authentic... but most are charlatans.

I like Rip. I hope he didn't do anything to compromise his stature.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What I wanna know is as vocal as he is, why hasn't Rip come forward and said anything??? Does he not feel the need to defend himself. Is he waiting to see what Twisted has to say in his video??? It is very uncharacteristic for him to keep his mouth shut. You figure he would be doing some sort of damage control. Maybe he is consulting a lawyer or his PR rep to see what it is ok to say and what not to say. LOL

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What I wanna know is as vocal as he is, why hasn't Rip come forward and said anything??? Does he not feel the need to defend himself. Is he waiting to see what Twisted has to say in his video??? It is very uncharacteristic for him to keep his mouth shut. You figure he would be doing some sort of damage control. Maybe he is consulting a lawyer or his PR rep to see what it is ok to say and what not to say. LOL

He has come forward and said something. He denied the allegations vehemently. See his review of the istick 50 watt... it's at the beginning.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
He has come forward and said something. He denied the allegations vehemently. See his review of the istick 50 watt... it's at the beginning.

I think that was before all of this new stuff came to light.

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well this train wreck is over, not fun anymore....HEY! just got this off the interweb, Vaping will make you sterile!
scared-cat-meme-generator-holy-crap-6509b3.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

RIP TRIPPER is a bit of an enigma in the vaping community. He is extremely popular and commands the largest Youtube following - yet talks to no one. Rumors started saying he didn't even vape and this was all show. A new set of more serious allegations have been broken wide open by Twisted420 and picked up by V4P3R.

Is Rip Tripper demanding payment to do his reviews?

If you know me - you know I'm for making as much money as you possibly can in this industry. It's the American way and I'm all for it. What I am against is lying about it. If you take money from vendors for reviews or endorsements but say you don't - that's being dishonest. That is the charge being leveled by Twisted420.

Twisted420 a reviewer and host on Vaping Underground Live blew up the Rip Tripper story on Reddit with screenshots and promises to come out with a new video with more explosive information.
V4P3R an up and coming blogger picked up the story and added a other screenshots and information on the topic.

Most websites and reviewers that make money should have something called a sponsor disclosure. This is a transparency statement that lays everything on the table for your followers. In some cases its an actual FTC requirement. Especially if you endorse a product and get paid - its required by law. Ours is posted in the upper right hand corner of this site and can also be found here.

IF THIS IS TRUE:

Even if the news is terrible - honesty is the best policy with our community. They forgive those that come clean and in time you can gain their trust back. If you lie and hide - it will only hurt you. Vapers love to dig and find the truth - I know that first hand.

THE REDDIT POST: >> HERE <<

THE V4P3R POST: >> HERE <<

k8dTbcGL-ko

Click here to get more information on this deal....

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Game Over for Rip Tripper, gets called out Live on Mod Envy by Twisted420

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Show us proof.

Outrageous claims are fine, but you have to show more than just your opinion to claim something like this. This sure is looking like nothing but personal attacks that are unfounded at this point.

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, me thinks the name of the show should be mod drama, there is no envy.
edit: correction, the envy creates the drama. My bad.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
That video from Rip Trippers is from several days ago, before all of this started. Some people think that him going off like that is what made Twisted420 come forward with all of this in the first place.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Game Over for Rip Tripper, gets called out Live on Mod Envy by Twisted420
I can't believe you guys titled your video "Game Over for Rip Trippers" when in fact it should have been titled "Game Over For Twisted" since it goes on for forty-five minutes without revealing one shred of evidence whatsoever of any wrong doing.

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you are right for the mod part. However, I do not think all reviewer are that way. I may be off course, but Grimm was doing the video scene long before the hype and sometimes is brutally honest. From what I have heard he is the same person on and off cam and has never came across as supporting any one company over another. I'm not a GrimmGreen fan boy. He is just one of if not thee down to earth reviewer that realm doesn't have a Schick.

I also think a lot of the little reviewers give a real personal opinion.

You forgot pbusardo. He has been doing reviews a long time, but if you look at his stuff from 3 years ago and then watch his new stuff the difference is there. He seems to be in the pocket with a few companies both over seas and American.

Grimm Green doesn't have a schtick? You're kidding right? Dude is the biggest hipster out there and we love him for it.

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All this drama lol. Personally I watched twisted420 videos alot more. Also like Grimm green alot. More mellow you tubers.

Rip is just to loud for me. I still watch his videos. He can be very informative.

I just hope twisted isnt just being a d*ck in the end and jealous.

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Matt and the likes who are in the reviwers queu is so jealuos of rip, it`s seem like a reviwer has to bash Rip to gain some love from other reviwers. It`s ridicilous and embarrasing to watch. And I read yesterday on a youtube comment, that twisted 420 is a jail bird, and a thief, comming from one who NOWs him from private. That`s NOT my Word. This is what I read "
8. des. 2014
+

Svar
+
J. Butt James Sheldon is supposedly "outing" Twisted after an insignificant RiP spoof in the Atlantis/CF video, says Twisted has been in jail for theft and calling him a liar and a cheat. Apparently Mr. Sheldon knows Twisted personally, maybe there was a dispute of some kind, idk. And after all that BS comes the other point of view about penance for past mistakes. So this shows racism is still alive and kicking in the USA I am sad to say. Its almost like the courtroom scene in Fried Green Tomatoes (1991).:)"
Found it under this comment section
Twisted420 actually talks about people in one of his videos a while back who have tried bringing up his past. That he talks about if im not mistaken. I dont think any of the reviewers should be bashing on eachother at all.

Last edited:

norwegianvaper

Member For 4 Years
Oh, you are on my ignore list. I made an exception for these two replies, and then back you go.

As I said before, there is more information. You'll just have to wait to read it on my blog like everyone else. Yanno, that way you can update your site after the fact, as usual.
I don`t want to take part in this anymore

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I thought that in US, everybody is innocent until proven guilty, With out doubt? Am I wrong?
That's true in a court of law, not the court of public opinion. And for what it's worth, at this point, Twisted420 is in this thing up to his neck and stands to lose more than Rip Trippers.

Why do we need to read it on Your blog? So you get paid for CLICKs?
I've never hidden behind the fact that my site generates revenue. Yes, genius, that's why I want people to read it on my site. So that I can get paid for more clicks. Do you have any other earth-shattering revelations to share with us?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Guess what. Nobody is going to lose anything over this. People will continue to watch Twisted and people will continue to watch Rip.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Exactely, and Rip should not eighter

I'd agree.

But if a dude is spouting off that they are NOT getting paid a dime, they better be honest. Same with twisted. There better never be any proof he is accepting anything more that free mods and shit, since this was his open claim to everyone on mod envy.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Exactely, and Rip should not eighter
You're missing the point entirely. No one expects him to NOT get paid. Well, some people do, but they're naive and stupid...so we'll forget about the ones who don't live in the real world.

The point is, if these allegations are true, it is a violation of FTC guidelines, and against the law. If you are accepting payment to endorse products, you have to disclose it.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If YouTube PAYS you, it has NOTHING to do with a manufacture paying you for a review. YouTube is PAYING for the traffic that you generate for ad revenues.

Nothing underhanded or wrong about that.

norwegianvaper

Member For 4 Years
Twisted420 actually talks about people in one of his videos a while back who have tried bringing up his past. That he talks about if im not mistaken. I dont any of the reviewers should be bashing on eachother at all.
I second that. They act like a kindergarden IMHO

norwegianvaper

Member For 4 Years
That's true in a court of law, not the court of public opinion. And for what it's worth, at this point, Twisted420 is in this thing up to his neck and stands to lose more than Rip Trippers.

I've never hidden behind the fact that my site generates revenue. Yes, genius, that's why I want people to read it on my site. So that I can get paid for more clicks. Do you have any other earth-shattering revelations to share with us?
Sorry

Last edited:

norwegianvaper

Member For 4 Years
You're missing the point entirely. No one expects him to NOT get paid. Well, some people do, but they're naive and stupid...so we'll forget about the ones who don't live in the real world.

The point is, if these allegations are true, it is a violation of FTC guidelines, and against the law. If you are accepting payment to endorse products, you have to disclose it.
Bye

Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I can't believe you guys titled your video "Game Over for Rip Trippers" when in fact it should have been titled "Game Over For Twisted" since it goes on for forty-five minutes without revealing one shred of evidence whatsoever of any wrong doing.
Twisted420 held back the evidence on Mod Envy because he will release it in his video today sometime.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Twisted420 held back the evidence on Mod Envy because he will release it in his video today sometime.
Yeah, sure, don't hold your breath Smokie. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's the update Twisted gave on the infamous reddit page:

Edit: In retrospect the title and description sounds Douchey....lol My bad.....

Does that sound like some evidence is on the way?

Problems I have with this: If you have enough proof to get by in a court of law great then find a party who was harmed by the alleged misconduct and file suit. Without hard evidence, to me this amounts to defamation and leaves the people saying these "rumors" liable to suits of defamation/libel. Not a great day for the vaping community when unsubstantiated allegations are swirled around without letting the person who's reputation is being harmed an ability to respond. Hopefully this doesn't need to be resolved in court.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Problems I have with this: If you have enough proof to get by in a court of law great then find a party who was harmed by the alleged misconduct and file suit. Without hard evidence, to me this amounts to defamation and leaves the people saying these "rumors" liable to suits of defamation/libel. Not a great day for the vaping community when unsubstantiated allegations are swirled around without letting the person who's reputation is being harmed an ability to respond. Hopefully this doesn't need to be resolved in court.
If this was a smear campaign, I hope Rip DOES sue them into oblivion. This would be a HUGE load of horse shit, if this is all drama and lies.

Anyone associating with them, if they lied, would be very SMART to throw them out like yesterdays trash.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If Rip Trippers can prove he was financially hurt by Twisted, Suck My Mod, V4P3R, Joe and the others spreading these rumors, he'd have the legal right to sue the shit out of everyone. So everyone who has suddenly become an expert at law in the last 24 hours should seriously think about that one.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I had to like that post. I agree with it, even if I don't agree with you 99.9% of the time.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
If Rip Trippers can prove he was financially hurt by Twisted, Suck My Mod, V4P3R, Joe and the others spreading these rumors, he'd have the legal right to sue the shit out of everyone. So everyone who has suddenly become an expert at law in the last 24 hours should seriously think about that one.
Your idiocy knows no bounds, does it? I mean, do you actually believe the dumb shit you post?

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Does that sound like some evidence is on the way?
Here's where you and I will agree...somewhat. Do I think Twisted420 will post a video? Yeah, I do. However, at this point, I don't think he has damning irrefutable evidence. Even if he does, I don't have faith in his ability to present it as such.

And make no mistake, there is no drama in my life, even with you around. You give yourself more credit than you deserve.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's where you and I will agree...somewhat. Do I think Twisted420 will post a video? Yeah, I do. However, at this point, I don't think he has damning irrefutable evidence. Even if he does, I don't have faith in his ability to present it as such.

And make no mistake, there is no drama in my life, even with you around. You give yourself more credit than you deserve.
You are such a hypocrite. YOU are one of the main reasons Twisted's bullshit got spread around like it did. And now instead of offering the community a huge apology for your participation in it, and promising not to do shit like that again, you're starting your personal grudge up with me again. Put me back on your ignore list, please!!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All I have seen for "proof" at this point, is a deal that Rip was hashing out with an App maker. I don't know what they wanted from him. It could have been to use his image, his phrases, or whatever. It certainly seems like they wanted him to promote the app.

At this point he has done NO promoting of the app. So, he can't be hung over the fact he's promoting something for pay, that he isn't at this point.

The thing we are all inferring from this, from what others are pushing at, is that Rip has been asking for paid reviews.

So at this point, unless Twisted has SOMETHING to show us, this is looking like a smear campaign. And IF that is the case, this IS grounds for defamation lawsuits.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
You are such a hypocrite. YOU are one of the main reasons Twisted's bullshit got spread around like it did. And now instead of offering the community a huge apology for your participation in it, and promising not to do shit like that again, you're starting your personal grudge up with me again. Put me back on your ignore list, please!!
Interesting theory. So if I'm partially responsible, then I guess that makes you responsible also. You posted your article right after mine. I seem to recall you boasting about page views (screenshot included) when you thought you were riding high on the hog. How the mighty have fallen.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Interesting theory. So if I'm partially responsible, then I guess that makes you responsible also. You posted your article right after mine. I seem to recall you boasting about page views (screenshot included) when you thought you were riding high on the hog. How the mighty have fallen.
Yeah, moron, but my article is giving Rip the benefit of the doubt and telling people that he's innocent until proven guilty. Jesus Christ are you REALLY this fucking ignorant? I am not talking to you any more. You're like living in outer space or something.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Yeah, moron, but my article is giving Rip the benefit of the doubt and telling people that he's innocent until proven guilty. Jesus Christ are you REALLY this fucking ignorant? I am not talking to you any more. You're like living in outer space or something.
I love our petty little squabbles, Melvin. You complete me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors