Become a Patron!

Recently bought my first Mech/Tube Mod...

YourClosetLlama

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello VU! This is my first post here but I had a quick question about Mech Mods in general but more specifically the particular one I recently ordered. After a few buddies of mine recommended I get a tube mod I decided to take them up on it and look into buying a clone. I ended up going with the "Infinite Copper King V2 Mod" in Satin Copper. I purchased the product off of here after watching a review from VapingWithTwisted420 (via YouTube) and having him recommend it.

TL;DR I have a 2500mAh 18650 battery from MXJO. I did authenticate the battery successfully but I want to know more about putting it into the tube itself. Is this particular battery brand safe to "plug and play" ? Will this tube clone I bought explode on me if I do anything wrong?

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: the battery is 3000mAh and not 2500.
MXJO not NXJO. that logo was a bit tiny to read.

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I wouldn't use this battery at all! I only trust Sony, Samsung, or LG, and only from a trusted vendor! Take a look at the following test results by Mooch. However, there's a new kid in town, similar to a Sony VCT4, called HD2C by LG.
image.jpeg

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing wrong with a clone mech as long as it's properly built.
I suggest you learn about ohm's law, get an ohm meter and don't use rewraps, only authentic battery with amp rating appropriate for the resistance of the coils you are going to build.
Personally I only use HB6s in my mechs, and yes HD2Cs is a good option if you don't intend to build really low.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey man, your battery is 20Amp at the most. It is 3000Mah. I did build down to .25 Ohm with no problems on MXJO but that was long time ago and they don't keep up from batch to batch so we may not be talking about same battery. Lol.
Guys have already told you everything. Look at that chart, and do you research if you think you can do better.
I fuck LGs deep down low in subohm domain because I am fucked up in my head and i like it hot. Wouldn't trade them for any other brand.
Ps.
Mustard or toothpaste can easy your pain caused by burns:)

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing wrong with a clone mech as long as it's properly built.
I suggest you learn about ohm's law, get an ohm meter and don't use rewraps, only authentic battery with amp rating appropriate for the resistance of the coils you are going to build.
Personally I only use HB6s in my mechs, and yes HD2Cs is a good option if you don't intend to build really low.
1500 mah...damn dude yo must be recharging batteries like peanuts.

YourClosetLlama

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I appreciate all of the informative responses! I am familiar with Ohm's law and I was able to locate similar batteries on the chart posted by @
Neunerball but not the particular battery. I attached an image of it if that helps. IMR 18650 3000mAh at 3.7V 35A. By the looks of it, the chart is giving the brand a decent rep but I want to be sure I'm reading it right...

Attachments

• BATT.jpg
    BATT.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 16

YourClosetLlama

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use a set of LG batteries that I have married for use in my box mod but I realize tubes can be a little trickier.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Go to battery junkies subforum here and read sticky by "Mooch". I think your battery is in there.

YourClosetLlama

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Go to battery junkies subforum here and read sticky by "Mooch". I think your battery is in there.
I was able to find it HERE . I'm getting "it's not great but it's not the worst battery I've tested" vibes. I'll probably get a samsung battery or something more reputable for the mech mod then. I don't want to take any chances. ;)

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Count it as 20A and you are good to go. I did use them in mech mods with no problem.

YourClosetLlama

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The mod arrived today and I decided to try the MXJO battery. No issues SO FAR, thing hits like a dream (considering the mod was so cheap!) . Threads are nice and it's got a nice weight to it. The copper is gorgeous as well but I'm thinking about doing a patina on it. One question I never got answered in terms of mech mods is: Does the battery only drain when I hit it or will it drain as long as I keep the battery in the tube? Considering hitting the button is completing the circuit I'm guessing it only applies when I hit off it since the battery isn't powering anything else but I wanted to be sure.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hd2c sucks
wouldnt bother with rewraps....
hb2, hb4, hb6, vtc3, vtc4, 25r... thats about it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The mod arrived today and I decided to try the MXJO battery. No issues SO FAR, thing hits like a dream (considering the mod was so cheap!) . Threads are nice and it's got a nice weight to it. The copper is gorgeous as well but I'm thinking about doing a patina on it. One question I never got answered in terms of mech mods is: Does the battery only drain when I hit it or will it drain as long as I keep the battery in the tube? Considering hitting the button is completing the circuit I'm guessing it only applies when I hit off it since the battery isn't powering anything else but I wanted to be sure.
batteries drain when yu hit it..

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time for my lecture -

1. Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android

2. Batteries, fucking batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!

a. Avoid shit batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not eBay or Amazon) sources, great places that I get authentics from are -

http://liionwholesale.com/

https://www.imrbatteries.com/

b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"

c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog and only use his recommend batteries.

d. In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.

e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.

3. Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -

a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up

b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery then add 1/2 the CDR of the next battery

c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amps . So a series you build high with a lot of wire mass no lower that .4 ohms.

4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I will vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build like shorts.

5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you pit it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front pocket and blow your dick off ya know ;)

6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.

a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

YourClosetLlama

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You guys have been very informative and helpful throughout this first experience and I appreciate it! Vape on :cloud:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
take some pics of you pimping tht mod dude, blowing clouds n such.
we also love pictures.

YourClosetLlama

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure thing chief. My full set up is the Infinite King V2 Clone in Copper. I have an authentic Mad Hatter (black) RDA with 0.22 ohms in the coil. I'm dripping Juice Roll-Upz Strawberry (my favorite flavor so far, definitely recommend it. Check it out HERE). I'm using that MXJO 3000mAh battery I was concerned about earlier. No issues so far.
8pss0iy.jpg

(left is my H-Priv in black with the Baby Beast tank on it. RIght is my Kbox mini starter kit)
SuMbhVQ.jpg

2ZAaKCE.jpg

Fv45Ltx.jpg

NB87t1L.jpg

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hell yeah.
just one observation, those coils are screaming to get cleaned. they gunk fast as hell with sweeter juices.

YourClosetLlama

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I redid the wick. I did have a question on patina though. Does that make vaping on it less safe? If I decided to patina, I'd put some clear coats on it to preserve the design as well as smooth it out..

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
what do you want to patina? the mod? its fine, just protect the threads and the inside of thr tube plus keep in mind in most cases you cannot undo a forced patina. although i accidentally patinad my copper rogue once and it came off after a few buffing sessions, general consensus is that its irreversible.

YourClosetLlama

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I realize it's irreversible so I'm gonna practice the process on some cheap copper sheets I can pick up at a hardware store before ruining my mod. I've seen a couple red patinas I really want to do and I want to try to preserve some of the copper to be in the shape of some stereotypical safari tree to go underneath the lion logo.
This is the color I wanna shoot for:
MfVTBHD.jpg

4CJGJO5.jpg

and I'm looking to etch this into the patina under the 'KING' logo
hw6iym7.jpg

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
thats some fancy shit dude, looks pretty bad ass.
good luck with thay hope it comes out to your liking.

VU Sponsors