CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well then the hosting company needs to go, it's so slow
I agree 100%. I don't know who suggested the current host to Joe, but they need to be fired if they work for him. They have no idea what they're doing.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMO, then they aren't web-savvy...it's 2024, you should be.

I can get VU to load well, just takes some effort. It's loading fine for me now...from a non-US country. Joe don't host his w33d site in USA...der. VU is basically abandonware...bot fodder.

CloudFlare just is an intermediary between you and the domain...they provide D0S attack mitigation, etc.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use an Asian VPN location...der. Go where the food is...

This site isn't in North America.

VU just loaded in ABOUT 5 SECONDS.

/Fin

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup, most websites use cloudflare...
Yet here you are trying to give technical advice based on reviews of a service provider you obviously have some beef with...

And the "other" 2 vape large forums use Cloudflare, yet they have no issues. Why is that do you suppose?
Okay, let me put it in another way that you'll understand - you're a fucking idiot.

TrustPilot made me prove my "beef" with Cloudflare when Cloudflare tried to have my complaint taken down. I'm not trying to give technical advice here. I'm just reporting a very frustrating problem that others complain of too.

I don't know why this thread exists. People with legit issues are just told "gee it's working fine for me, duh, what's yer problem?" Then there are ordinary little grunts pretending to be tech experts, strolling up to belittle other users for posting about issues. Are you two the people designated to answer members posting on this thread?

If, as you say, ECF has Cloudflare too, and it isn't disrupting their service, then what are they doing differently or doing right, or how is their server better managed?

What kind of uninformed generalization is it to say "most websites use Cloudflare"? I did WHOIS lookups on several sites I visit all the time without issues, and they DO NOT use Cloudflare.

If you do a search in any browser search engine you can see people asking how to block Cloudflare (can't be done of course), why Cloudflare is tormenting them, WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT CLOUDFLARE.

If you think sites like Amazon or CNN.com or Wordpress are getting disrupted by Cloudflare too, you are in a bubble. You can visit them, and many, many other sites, day and night, any time, and not have Cloudflare jump up and keep you out.

"We have no control over it" is a pathetic out, the tail wagging the dog.

VU Sponsors