Become a Patron!

Reuleaux RX 200.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL I never even noticed that, I think it's some kinda vent, the wrap is cut out there, that's part of the actual mod itself

Ze mod ees looking var French! Regarde Monsieur Reuleaux!

x675

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did do the update without the batteries in. Just tried to update again, down to 1.07 and then up to 1.08 and still no joy, says check battery.

Sounds like a bad USB port which corrupted the data on the first software update and since it is bad will not be able to correctly install a new or old software update. You would have to send it in for service if that is the case.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was told by the guys at my local B&M store that SS doesn't work well in TC mode, that it just can't be done because the metal is too unstable. I don't claim to understand it, but just use my SS coils in power mode.

I have been using both the Herekles Plus and OBS T-VCT tanks with SS coils in TC mode to much success on my RX200. Never had much luck with Ni or Ti coils with both my TFV4 and Crown tanks, with those the normal coils are much better tanks in power mode than TC mode.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cause I got one ordered and that was the first thing I was gonna do.
But... maybe not.

I wouldn't hesitate to do the update. I have never used a easier firmware update tool for anything, and the TC is much better as a result of the update. As well, if there IS a gremlin lurking inside your mod, it is better to find it sooner than later. IMO.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Guess they do exist, not sure why you'd want to do that but there's something for everyone.
I bought one. It was $5 shipped and it definitely makes the device grippier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is it me or do the temp and watts measure different with the 1.08 firmware..? I just did the update and it seems like I had to jack the temp up from 500 to 550 and the watts from 70 to 100 to get the same hit as the 1.07 firmware at 70/520...With .25 ss coil in Crown tank.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wouldn't hesitate to do the update. I have never used a easier firmware update tool for anything, and the TC is much better as a result of the update. As well, if there IS a gremlin lurking inside your mod, it is better to find it sooner than later. IMO.

I think the update improves the TC SS settings and the fire delay, so I've heard.
So probably it's a good idea to update.

Last edited:

Johnny Hotsauce

Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a bad USB port which corrupted the data on the first software update and since it is bad will not be able to correctly install a new or old software update. You would have to send it in for service if that is the case.
I'll check with VapeNW, maybe they'll be kind and do a swap. Have to check how long the warranty is for, bought in on their Black Friday deals.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is it me or do the temp and watts measure different with the 1.08 firmware..? I just did the update and it seems like I had to jack the temp up from 500 to 550 and the watts from 70 to 100 to get the same hit as the 1.07 firmware at 70/520...With .25 ss coil in Crown tank.

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ohms have been off somewhat since I got my Rx200.. I put the tank in the freezer, and it helps, but I hope they can cure it with an update.

BigDanny1983

Member For 4 Years
After I upgraded it set my stuff to Celsius then after I got it back to farenheit I had the same issue but it corrected itself after a battery swap, maybe it needs to be restarted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm truly sorry hearing folks having issues...I just checked ohm readings against a separate ohm meter with the .25 Crown coil ..they match perfect, without installing the update... Lucky I guess, lololo

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm truly sorry hearing folks having issues...I just checked ohm readings against a separate ohm meter with the .25 Crown coil ..they match perfect, without installing the update... Lucky I guess, lololo

Glad yours is hitting the mark. Mine is workable, just a little irritating. Mine shows all my crown coils @ .27 .. coming out of the freezer it'll read them @ .25 ..

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If this is it for the 1.08 I'll just go back to the 1.07. It seemed much better in temp mode with the older firmware.

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If this is it for the 1.08 I'll just go back to the 1.07. It seemed much better in temp mode with the older firmware.
I saw absolutely no difference in the two versions. The font change is all I could find that changed.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saw no difference in watts needed after the update. Temp needed to bump up about 20° with SS. My guess is they tweaked the tcr a bit for 316L and changed the screen.

I have no issues with the new firmware

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Calm down everyone.

I have had a few times where the TC on the rx has been off (had to raise the temp) and I think this was as a result of the resistance being off due to removing the atty, and replacing it while warm.

I've been trying to make mine experience the problems that other members have been having, and noticed that if you stab the fire button, the mod will display what it believes the coil temp is.

A little hard to explain, but in TC mode, have a vape, then stab the fire button fast enough the mod does not fire, and the temp will be displayed for a half second. Repeat, and you can see the temp going down every time you stab the button until it hits 70 (farenheight).

I found on the occasions where the temp was out, that when I did the stab, the temp displayed was not at 70, but higher, which explains why the TC was off.

Resistance lock should fix that, I deliberatly have not been using it. If you find the RX is behaving inconsistantly on TC with SS, stab the fire, and the mod should display room temp.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad yours is hitting the mark. Mine is workable, just a little irritating. Mine shows all my crown coils @ .27 .. coming out of the freezer it'll read them @ .25 ..
As a habit when I install a new coil like the .25 in the Crown base I check ohms on a separate meter..I've found they can vary from .25 to .27 brand new..once primed and installed back on the mod resistance drops after a little break-in settling down to .25, like in this screenshot
b923389c99defdb419f50d430bd07e71.jpg
..After the first tank I check ohms again on the meter, refill the Crown, and once its back on the mod compare resistance read to what it was just on the ohm meter..both are exactly the same, everytime..

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coils are not always stated resistance, 0.25 to 0.27 is not uncommon. Whatever it is, lock it and vape it.
Like Break said, resistance will change after firing it for a while. Relock resistance at whatever it may have changed to.

Dont trick it by locking in resistance from the freezer though, it should lock at room temp and whatever it says doesn't really matter. A cold atty will have a lower resistance and you would have to bump temp a ton. A hot atty will have a higher resistance and you would have to pull way back on temp to get the same vape as a room temp lock in at your normal temp.

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question: once my resistance is locked, and I want to unlock it, and get a new reading it reverts back to the previous ohms reading even when I have it unlocked. It's probably user error,but it is annoying the crap out of me. Anyone have a clue.?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you unlock, remove atty, fire, zero resistance. Then put atty back on and it should be reading the actual resistance, lock it.. If that's the same as it was when you last checked it, then resistance hasn't changed.
Done with tank & mod at room tepm of course.

It's rare that I get a coil that is exactly as they say, probably a lower percentage of receiving an exact 0.3 than something else. One 0.3 triton coil may be 0.296 and another may be 0.308 on my yihi chip that will read to .000. They all vape the same as long as I lock at room temp.

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am starting to get confused, there are 2 essentially similar RX threads here, would anybody object to merging them?

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Man some things not right. 100 watts and 600* with 1.08 doesn't hit as hard as 70 and 520 with 1.07...WTF...

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you unlock, remove atty, fire, zero resistance. Then put atty back on and it should be reading the actual resistance, lock it.. If that's the same as it was when you last checked it, then resistance hasn't changed.
Done with tank & mod at room tepm of course.

It's rare that I get a coil that is exactly as they say, probably a lower percentage of receiving an exact 0.3 than something else. One 0.3 triton coil may be 0.296 and another may be 0.308 on my yihi chip that will read to .000. They all vape the same as long as I lock at room temp.
It's not reading correctly for whatever reason. I've unlocked it at .26, removed the atty and hit the fire button. When I reinstall it shows .27. I lock it, and it still shows .27, until I touch the fire button, and it emmediately jumps back to the previous locked setting of .26. I need to get to the new coil screen. How do I get there.?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am starting to get confused, there are 2 essentially similar RX threads here, would anybody object to merging them?

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes merge em. No way in hell I should have to run at 600* to get where I wanna be...and that's still not getting too hot. I could never run at 600 with 1.07...

She Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had thought so, but I went on an excursion to visit another new vape shop here, and they charge $60 for the RX as well. The vape store I usually go to here now has 2 locations, so there are 3 stores here selling the RX for that price.

/moves to OneBadWolfs block

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$60 bucks?? For a store is not a bad price,, ECIGCITY here in Hawaiin gardens Cali is selling it for $75
Greedy mofos....

VAPE ON

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here in El Cajon, they're $55 + CA sales tax, which is about $60 total..

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep version 1.08 is causing me some issues in TC for SS mode as well. I don't know if I can roll it back to version 1.07 or not. If not, they need to get on this and put out a version 1.09 fix right away.

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep version 1.08 is causing me some issues in TC for SS mode as well. I don't know if I can roll it back to version 1.07 or not. If not, they need to get on this and put out a version 1.09 fix right away.
I concur.. Mine are minor issues, but need to be addressed..

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coils are not always stated resistance, 0.25 to 0.27 is not uncommon. Whatever it is, lock it and vape it.
Like Break said, resistance will change after firing it for a while. Relock resistance at whatever it may have changed to.

Dont trick it by locking in resistance from the freezer though, it should lock at room temp and whatever it says doesn't really matter. A cold atty will have a lower resistance and you would have to bump temp a ton. A hot atty will have a higher resistance and you would have to pull way back on temp to get the same vape as a room temp lock in at your normal temp.
I will remember this. Thank you.!!

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anybody know for sure if you can roll back firmware on the RX?
I haven't tried yet. I'll give it a whirl in a little while and let you know though. Just have some things I need to wrap up first.

VU Sponsors