Become a Patron!

Reuleaux RX 200.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How does the RX 200 stack up to the the Reuleaux with the Evolv chip? I am loving my ginger vapor boxer with the DNA 200, but I would love second dna 200 based box with a little more run time
If you're not into TC and tinkering around with escribe then the RX Vapes just as well. If you do crazy custom builds and love TC then the DNA really shines. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How does the RX 200 stack up to the the Reuleaux with the Evolv chip? I am loving my ginger vapor boxer with the DNA 200, but I would love second dna 200 based box with a little more run time
it doesnt...

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
some folks have found that version 1.07 works better than 1.08...at least in some TC setups & circumstances.
Details I need details...Explain exactly what you mean.

2a1b2f286142bf4899f38ac752e05ce5.jpg

Imo this is hands down best mod out right now bang for buck. Above is my black one with black and red sleeve. My teal and white rx should be here this week. I would never buy anything from angelcigs again. They have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. But go to vapenw if anyone is looking for a rx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you get the Back & Red RX200?

I think the reference is to blue Samsung batteries

Sent from my oversized Samsung
Gotcha...D'oh.
I hate it when I'm first waking up and my brain is still a bit foggy...Coffee now!

Last edited by a moderator:

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Details I need details...Explain exactly what you mean.
After I updated from 1.07 to version 1.08, it seemed fine at first. then it started acting as if it wasn't reading ohms correctly or something. *shrugs?*
It wasn't responding to changing the temperature regulation like I would expect in SS mode. I could turn it all the way down and still get a hot vape. I rolled it back to version 1.07 and everything started working more in line with my expectations again in SS TC mode. 1.08 seemed to work fine in power mode and I'm not sure about Ti or Ni modes (I didn't try them). I'm using 304 SS, so maybe that had something to do with it...if they changed the temperature coefficients of resistance for that version. I don't know. I'm just spit-balling, but rolling it back to 1.07 fixed the issue...more or less.

SL1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what is the cheapest for the DNA 200 version? What other 3x18650 DNA200 devise exist?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what is the cheapest for the DNA 200 version? What other 3x18650 DNA200 devise exist?
Looks like $139.99 from Efun. I use vapecrawler.com to check prices. I think atm it's the only 3 18650 DNA200 out. Boxer has a dual 18650 model and Hcigar (VT133) is supposed to release one by the end of the month. You might also want to look at the Hcigar VT200 (3s Lipo). I have one and couldn't be more happy. They can be found for $120 shipped from the USA. It's a lot more pocket friendly than a three 18650 mod ;)

Edit I forgot about the BIGGER mod, you might need a wheelbarrow to tote that thing around with. That is definitely not something I would even consider buying. Different strokes for different folks

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some are fileing the protective rings so that they don't tear the batts so bad. The DNA200 only has a surface mount fuse for reverse polarity protection, unlike the RX, hence the "rings" on the positive terminals.

An inelegant soloution. If ever I do the conversion, I will need to come up with somthing better, as one batt mistake will entail complete disassembly, and some tricky soldering, providing I have a correct surface mount fuse to solder.

PLANETGETLOW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used the dna version about 2 months before i got the RX and although the RX is the best bang for the buck, plug and play it just doesnt stand up to the dna chips flexibility.

I like being able to adjust parameters on my device real time via evolv. I like the bigger display and ability to customize the fonts. For me personally the dna version is at the top of the stack.

I must admit though, im a TC guy

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I work at a vape shop party time in an effort to get Humans off the analogs.
Kid buys a Wismec Rx200. I tell him he must use married batteries with a continuous discharge of at least 20 amps. He says of course.
Comes back into the shop with mismatched batts in the mod which will now only say "Check Battery" even with my matched and married batts installed.
I said try to upgrade the firmware to 1.07, but you've probably fried the chip.

Comments? (Besides the obvious - "what a maroon" Bugs Bunny comment....)

BigDanny1983

Member For 4 Years
The kid that works at my local shop got the Reuleaux DNA200
He's ripped several batt wraps swapping them out..just sayin

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
My xcube 2 is harder on battery wraps than the RX200

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I work at a vape shop party time in an effort to get Humans off the analogs.
Kid buys a Wismec Rx200. I tell him he must use married batteries with a continuous discharge of at least 20 amps. He says of course.
Comes back into the shop with mismatched batts in the mod which will now only say "Check Battery" even with my matched and married batts installed.
I said try to upgrade the firmware to 1.07, but you've probably fried the chip.

Comments? (Besides the obvious - "what a maroon" Bugs Bunny comment....)
Did you see the post about the loose ground screw?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My xcube 2 is harder on battery wraps than the RX200

The DNA version has a completly different battery compartment. Because the DNA version has no reverse polarity protection like the RX, they chose to mold "rings" on the + contacts. Its these rings that make it difficult to remove the batts without tearing the wraps on them.

dnabattbay-jpg.37414

Attachments

• dnabattbay.jpg
    dnabattbay.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 186

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I hate to sound bitchy but isn't this particular thread about the RX200? It seems like this was started by folks that own the RX and wanted to talk about IT. Shouldn't there be a different post to talk about the DNA version? It just seems like every 4 or 5th response someone feels the need to remind how much better the DNA version is. I don't think there is a sane person involved here that would argue this point. This was, I thought, a discussion of the cheaper red headed step brother of the DNA?

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I hate to sound bitchy but isn't this particular thread about the RX200? It seems like this was started by folks that own the RX and wanted to talk about IT. Shouldn't there be a different post to talk about the DNA version? It just seems like every 4 or 5th response someone feels the need to remind how much better the DNA version is. I don't think there is a sane person involved here that would argue this point. This was, I thought, a discussion of the cheaper red headed step brother of the DNA?

sometimes a direct comparison of the two is warranted...battery sleds, accuracy of temp protection, for example

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I'm perfectly fine with discussion of differences. That is actually constructive. What isn't really is every now and then someone pops in with something like "Oh there's no comparison you should get the DNA version" or "The DNA is much better". We're on the 27th page of comments about the RX if the differences aren't in this thread the casual passer by should start at the top of this massive and merged thread and read. Lol

The stuff above about the differences in battery sleds IS constructive (for instance).

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I'm perfectly fine with discussion of differences. That is actually constructive. What isn't really is every now and then someone pops in with something like "Oh there's no comparison you should get the DNA version" or "The DNA is much better". We're on the 27th page of comments about the RX if the differences aren't in this thread the casual passer by should start at the top of this massive and merged thread and read. Lol

The stuff above about the differences in battery sleds IS constructive (for instance).
Agreed...it also helps folks who are on the fence which mod would be an intelligent choice concerning their budget and vaping styles...for instance I'm sure the DNA chip version is preferred by those folks into TC, like tweeking their mods, and don't mind the premium price....but for me the Rx version works great in power mode as I'm not into TC, and happy I saved $100...so yes, I too like discussing the differences between the two...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone run the Crown with the 0.25 SS coils in TC with the RX200? I have been running my Herk Plus and OBS T-VCT with SS coils in TC with the RX200 with great success but for some reason can't get my Crown to play nice, TC comes on right away so no vapor at all. I even installed a new coil thinking maybe that was the problem but the same thing happened. The Crown vapes perfectly in power mode though, just don't know what the problem is with TC when my other 2 tanks work just fine.

I have locked the resistance when the coil is at room temperature so that's not the problem. I have 1.08 installed but had the same problem with 1.07 as well. Just can't figure this out.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might be having problems because the way I understand it, the crowns coils use a different metal for the legs of the coils. I've read some say it's Nickel and some say Kanthal. Either way I could see it throwing off a TC mod.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might be having problems because the way I understand it, the crowns coils use a different metal for the legs of the coils. I've read some say it's Nickel and some say Kanthal. Either way I could see it throwing off a TC mod.

Hmmmm, now that you mentioned it I think I saw the same thing mentioned as well. Oh well, the Crown works great in power mode anyway, I tried the Ni coil for it and thought it sucked compared to the SS coil.

Thanks for the info Wing

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does anyone run the Crown with the 0.25 SS coils in TC with the RX200? I have been running my Herk Plus and OBS T-VCT with SS coils in TC with the RX200 with great success but for some reason can't get my Crown to play nice, TC comes on right away so no vapor at all. I even installed a new coil thinking maybe that was the problem but the same thing happened. The Crown vapes perfectly in power mode though, just don't know what the problem is with TC when my other 2 tanks work just fine.

I have locked the resistance when the coil is at room temperature so that's not the problem. I have 1.08 installed but had the same problem with 1.07 as well. Just can't figure this out.

What he said. Crown SS legs are, I believe, Ni200. I have had some weird results attempting to run Crown SS coils in TC on the Evic Mini as well as the Rx200. After using TC SS mode they no longer work well going back to VW mode either. Crown Ni200 coils work very nicely for me in the Wismec. Why? I can't say for sure, just personal experience.

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

remember, the crown tc premade coil heads are 316L ss with nickel leads and the rx200 is pre programmed with 304 ss as its profile
also, IMO there is no need to lock the resistance unless your atty is unstable and the resistance jumps all over the place

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes sir, I'm thinking this is what caused me problems with the ss coils in the Crown on 1.08 fw when it first came out. At the time I wanted to make sure the temp still worked, so I threw a ni200 coil in and all was well. I may just go get a new .25. change from 304 to 316L and she how she rocks...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey thanks, then I can assume vapenw will have it for 35 buck 3-4 weeks after it's out...lol

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea vapenw all the way...l will wait till they have for a few weeks just like l did with the RX.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks fresh

Thanks man. I was debating on red instead of green, but the green is a bit more bold. Glad I went with it. Now if I could just wick this fucking TFV4 single coil RBA right...

VU Sponsors