RocketPuppy's Ry4

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yes...yes...I know...it's been done so many times. Since I quit smokes, Ry4s are the only flavor combinations I don't get sick of after a few hours, so of course, I'm always on the quest for a great one. Since I started diy, I've easily mixed several hundred different versions of my own and others' recipes, with varying percentages, trying for perfection, and I wish I could say that in sarcasm. This one is indistinguishable from all the rest out there, but it just had something that clicked with my palette. This is almost identical to @wllmc's Ry4.

Better Version
5% ---- RY4 double TPA
0.2% -- Acetyl Pyrazine 5% TPA

0.5% -- Caramel FA
0.5% -- Vienna Cream FA
0.5% -- Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) FA

Original Version

5% ........Perfumers Apprentice - RY4 Double Flavor
0.2%......Perfumers Apprentice - Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vienna Cream

0.5% .....FlavourArt - Caramel

Last edited:

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes...yes...I know...it's been done so many times. Since I quit smokes, Ry4s are the only flavor combinations I don't get sick of after a few hours, so of course, I'm always on a question for a great one. Since I started diy, I've easily mixed several hundred different versions of my own and others' recipes, with varying percentages, trying for perfection, and I wish I could say that in sarcasm. This one is indistinguishable from all the rest out there, but it just had something that clicked with my palette. This is almost identical to @wllmc's Ry4.

Click the pretty green for where to buy

5% ........
Perfumers Apprentice - RY4 Double Flavor
0.5%......Perfumers Apprentice - Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG

For other flavor suppliers beyond what is linked above, click HERE.

I have TFA RY4 but not the Double, and would like to try this. Might it work with this version of RY4? Ooops. Just found that I have Sig RY4 Double, and somewhere I read their flavors are made from TFA flavors. I'll try that. I'm not anxious to buy more RY4 as I have never tried one that I cared for.......but it seems so many folks like RY$ it must be me :)

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The signature ry4 double is TFA. You're in luck =)

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks RocketPuppy. RY4D is one of my long-standing favorites, and I'm always on the lookout for another blend!

Have you tried mixing it with fruits? My wife and I like it with blueberry and a little EM. I also like it with a touch of Peach, though that tends to be a little too sweet for an all-day vape.

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RY4 is what I keep going back to as well. I love mixing, and I like other flavors, but the RY4 is what I end up grabbing when I can't seem to get my tongue in a groove for anything specific.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks RocketPuppy. RY4D is one of my long-standing favorites, and I'm always on the lookout for another blend!

Have you tried mixing it with fruits? My wife and I like it with blueberry and a little EM. I also like it with a touch of Peach, though that tends to be a little too sweet for an all-day vape.

I've tried most ry4 recipes and have also used some of the better ones as a basis from which to start, including adding every additive possible, em, acv, bitter wizard, etc, etc, and at multitudes of different percentages. I've been going in circles. Ry4 is freaken allusive. I was feeling that maybe it was time to start at the bottom again, so I did. Any time I added EM, I felt it took away from the potency of the ry4d.

I do enjoy fruit vapes, but they're not something I can vape for longer than a few hours at a time. If you try it with other flavors, including fruits, please share the results. Thank you!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RY4 is what I keep going back to as well. I love mixing, and I like other flavors, but the RY4 is what I end up grabbing when I can't seem to get my tongue in a groove for anything specific.
Exactly like me.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
bet its freakin tasty. Ill have to give it a whirl. any special steeping instructions ?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
bet its freakin tasty. Ill have to give it a whirl. any special steeping instructions ?
I inadvertently forgot about it for a week. I didn't do any extra heat or shakey shake steep.

I was going to ask your permission to use you in my thread, but I was too lazy. It seems to late to ask now, but I still should. Is this okay?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I inadvertently forgot about it for a week. I didn't do any extra heat or shakey shake steep.

I was going to ask your permission to use you in my thread, but I was too lazy. It seems to late to ask now, but I still should. Is this okay?
lmao of course, as long as I can insert ---->>>>PIE<<<<<---- here

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I seen a discussion on "the other forum" regarding the possibility of a change in formula to the DRY4 from TFA. A long time user and others reporting it seems weaker in taste (and color difference) than it was previously. I wonder if there is any merit to it?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I seen a discussion on "the other forum" regarding the possibility of a change in formula to the DRY4 from TFA. A long time user and others reporting it seems weaker in taste (and color difference) than it was previously. I wonder if there is any merit to it?

Is the discussion about a weaker product solely referencing buying it direct from TFA? I know that many sites dilute it, but I haven't noticed a change coming from the source.

However, that doesn't mean they didn't change it. I've been using it daily since I started, but my senses have become increasingly better as the months pass. Linda from TFA is very forthcoming, and if you were curious, she'd be upfront.

The percentages above are what I prefer, but I know many use the ry4d at around 8%. With the potency of FA, for my personal tastes, I just didn't need to go that high...even though not long ago, I was using it at 12%. I wanted a hint of every flavor without using one to mask the others.

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is the discussion about a weaker product solely referencing buying it direct from TFA? I know that many sites dilute it, but I haven't noticed a change coming from the source.

However, that doesn't mean they didn't change it. I've been using it daily since I started, but my senses have become increasingly better as the months pass. Linda from TFA is very forthcoming, and if you were curious, she'd be upfront.

The percentages above are what I prefer, but I know many use the ry4d at around 8%. With the potency of FA, for my personal tastes, I just didn't need to go that high...even though not long ago, I was using it at 12%. I wanted a hint of every flavor without using one to mask the others.

WL and the original source. I have not checked again, but some posters have contacted them both.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
WL and the original source. I have not checked again, but some posters have contacted them both.
Hmmm...curious as to what they said. Oh well. Too lazy to call, and I haven't gone back to the other side in too long.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes...yes...I know...it's been done so many times. Since I quit smokes, Ry4s are the only flavor combinations I don't get sick of after a few hours, so of course, I'm always on a question for a great one. Since I started diy, I've easily mixed several hundred different versions of my own and others' recipes, with varying percentages, trying for perfection, and I wish I could say that in sarcasm. This one is indistinguishable from all the rest out there, but it just had something that clicked with my palette. This is almost identical to @wllmc's Ry4.

RocketPuppy, I started to vape in January of this year and in that time period have tried several RY4's, both premade and my own DIY. I couldn't get interested in any of them and couldn't figure why it seemed to be so popular....until now. This is a great recipe! It tastes like a tobacco, kind of, but very pleasant and tasty. First I dripped it and it was pretty good. Then I loaded it into one of my T3D's which is my go to tank for good flavor and it is great. Next it goes into an Aerotank to enter rotation. Thank you for the recipe. If you discover any other good variations, please don't hesitate to share them. Thanks again.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RocketPuppy, I started to vape in January of this year and in that time period have tried several RY4's, both premade and my own DIY. I couldn't get interested in any of them and couldn't figure why it seemed to be so popular....until now. This is a great recipe! It tastes like a tobacco, kind of, but very pleasant and tasty. First I dripped it and it was pretty good. Then I loaded it into one of my T3D's which is my go to tank for good flavor and it is great. Next it goes into an Aerotank to enter rotation. Thank you for the recipe. If you discover any other good variations, please don't hesitate to share them. Thanks again.
Oh wow!!! Thank you!!! You made my day.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I forgot to ask. Did you do any type of steeping?

I will definitely add other variations if I think they're worthy =)

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got for you:
Ry4 double 6% tfa
Ry4 Asian 4% tfa
Caramel 1% lan
Honeysuckle .5% tfa

The honey suckle is real strong so maybe start lower. My fave ry4 blend yet and I, like you, have used 1000ml of pg and VG questing for the perfect one

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got for you:
Ry4 double 6% tfa
Ry4 Asian 4% tfa
Caramel 1% lan
Honeysuckle .5% tfa

The honey suckle is real strong so maybe start lower. My fave ry4 blend yet and I, like you, have used 1000ml of pg and VG questing for the perfect one
I've never tried it with honeysuckle, but I'm definitely not a fan of the Asian nor most flavors by LAN. I just sent both of those to new homes. Just from the smell, I've solely used the honeysuckle in my shampoo. Lol

Thank you for the share. Hopefully others are more daring than myself.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
In your shampoo? Seriously? Wow. Pretty cool Rocket.

Well now, I gotta get some RY4 Double. I've never tried it because I've never been very into tobaccos, but everything I read leads me to think it's not as tobbacco-y as I think.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In your shampoo? Seriously? Wow. Pretty cool Rocket.

Well now, I gotta get some RY4 Double. I've never tried it because I've never been very into tobaccos, but everything I read leads me to think it's not as tobbacco-y as I think.
Definitely is not. More sweet than tobacco.

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The honeysuckle is great. I played around with honeysuckle and sweet woodruff they're not too bad

Tapatalk: Samsung Note III

Pescondo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I only have FA RY4.. Do you think I could make this recipe work? If so, what % would I try?

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sure you could. It won't be exact but it'll still be good. Are you using *just the ry4 or any other flavors with it?

Tapatalk: Samsung Note III

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only have FA RY4.. Do you think I could make this recipe work? If so, what % would I try?
FA's ry4 is good, but it's dramatically different from TFA's ry4 double. I'm sure it would be delight, but it won't be the same.
I'd start at 3% and go up. I like that one pretty low, but some use it as high as 10%.

Pescondo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Rocket....I have all the other FA flavors, just haven't tried the RY4 yet. Sounds like I might need to try it by itself first and add to it. Your recipe sounds great, but I prolly won't buy the RY4 double. I'm not gonna' add anymore TFA flavors right now....lol

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Rocket....I have all the other FA flavors, just haven't tried the RY4 yet. Sounds like I might need to try it by itself first and add to it. Your recipe sounds great, but I prolly won't buy the RY4 double. I'm not gonna' add anymore TFA flavors right now....lol
The ry4 double and ap are the only TFA flavors I buy. If you order from ecigExpress or another site that carries multiple suppliers, add it. It's really an amazing one.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/signature-tobacco/ry4-double-flavor-signature.html

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow!!! Thank you!!! You made my day.

I have managed to get one daughter, one son, and numerous of their friends off cigs over the last several months, and they are now experiencing the wonderful world of vape. My house has been jammed the last several days with family and friends as we laid the love of my life to rest yesterday afternoon, my bride of 49 years. God Bless Her. But during these several days Crown Royal and your RY4 were in huge demand, so much so that I made about 120 mls to give away, and had to order a 30 ml bottle of RY4 Double from Bull City yesterday AM. A bit personal yes, but I wanted you to know of the success of your recipe. Between your RY4 and HIC's Almond Roca Butter Cookies my "used to be" all time favorite Banana Nut Bread isn't getting much action these days. Thank you again.

Mike

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OMG @Yooperdad !. Oh. I am SO sorry for your loss. Aw buddy, we're here for you when or if you need a pal. I realize you have people IRL to talk to or even not talk to. Words really can't describe the deep hurt when you lose someone so dear to you. We are here. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. God bless.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have managed to get one daughter, one son, and numerous of their friends off cigs over the last several months, and they are now experiencing the wonderful world of vape. My house has been jammed the last several days with family and friends as we laid the love of my life to rest yesterday afternoon, my bride of 49 years. God Bless Her. But during these several days Crown Royal and your RY4 were in huge demand, so much so that I made about 120 mls to give away, and had to order a 30 ml bottle of RY4 Double from Bull City yesterday AM. A bit personal yes, but I wanted you to know of the success of your recipe. Between your RY4 and HIC's Almond Roca Butter Cookies my "used to be" all time favorite Banana Nut Bread isn't getting much action these days. Thank you again.

Mike

Not much is too personal here. I don't know if it's our common interest in being smoke free or just a forum of adults, but it's easy to feel comfy here. I won't pretend to know how deep your loss is, but I can say that I, among all the others, are here and will continue to be here if there is anything you need, whether it's a package of more ry4d or an ear to listen (or rather an eye to read). I am relieved knowing that your family and friends are with you and hope that as the days pass, they continue to be supportive for you and you for them. I hope that I am able to share as many years with my own love as you were able to with your love. I'm sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

Last edited:

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have to give testimony today, thanking Hotrod for his great juice calculator. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByHCyknRKMBCTjQ0d0pEWklsSnc&usp=sharing

I started to mix a 60 ml batch of RocketPuppy's RY4, even though I was tired and my mind elsewhere. Before I realized what I was doing, I had been looking at the Nic line on quantity instead of the RY4 line and had added 12 grams of RY4 to the nic mix that was already in the bottle. Crap. Now what! So ended up adding the other 4 ingredients as though I was making the 60 ml, then went to the "Modify Recipe" tool and increased the volume to make until it reached the volume of RY4 that was already there. Then added the increased amount of the other ingredients and problem solved.......except I now have 220 ml of RocketPuppy's RY4. Yes, it's good stuff but will take quite a while to use that much, even with supplying friends and family.

One more time, this is an excellent calculator. And one more time, thanks for the recipe RocketPuppy.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes...yes...I know...it's been done so many times. Since I quit smokes, Ry4s are the only flavor combinations I don't get sick of after a few hours, so of course, I'm always on the quest for a great one. Since I started diy, I've easily mixed several hundred different versions of my own and others' recipes, with varying percentages, trying for perfection, and I wish I could say that in sarcasm. This one is indistinguishable from all the rest out there, but it just had something that clicked with my palette. This is almost identical to @wllmc's Ry4.

Click the pretty green for where to buy

5% ........
Perfumers Apprentice - RY4 Double Flavor
0.5%......Perfumers Apprentice - Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG

For other flavor suppliers beyond what is linked above, click HERE.
I await my first order of supplies & I'll b giving it a try!

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Since this popped up again I'd like to ask @RocketPuppy a quick question. One of my upcoming efforts will be to get close to G2 Carny4 which to me is caramel maple heavy with some vanilla in there and seems like some ta also. I'm gonna start with maxx blend for the baccy I think. Wondering if you've ever done something with maple in your Ry4 and if you went with the fa or the tfa? Thanks for any guidance.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sad for my credit card, I have tried it all, including TFA's maple syrup. I liked many of my variations, but this one just came out the best tasting for me. I've never tired G2 Carny4, so I can't make any comparisons.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thx RP. Gonna try some this weekend I think.,Will add if I make anything that's worth adding.

PincheWero

Member For 4 Years
@RocketPuppy I made your RY4, and keep a big bottle on hand. I am also in search of a the perfect RY4 blend, I took another twist on your blend and ended up with:

TPA RY4 Double 4%
FA Shade 1%
TPA AP 1%
TPA Dulce De Leche 0.5%
FA Vienna Cream 0.5%
FA Vanilla Bourbon 0.5%
FA Hazelnut 0.5%

It's close to yours and It also fits my pallet, some don't care for Dulce De Leche but at this low percentage it seems to melt in well. Thanks for your recipe and @wllmc for his version as well, which has given more ideas and variations along this line to work with.

VU Sponsors