• IRC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

misa0890

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whats up guys, I just got a griffin the other day and I was wondering if it was safe to use on a SMPL+ mechanical mod. The SMPL+ is a hybrid mod so it has a direct battery to atomizer contact. The griffin has an adjustable gold plated 510 pin so it seems to be safe but my local vape shops have been telling me it's not a good idea to put on a mech mod. I currently use a mutation x v4 with my SMPL which has an adjustable 510 pin almost identical to the Griffin 510 pin other than the Griffin is gold plated and haven't had any safety problems with it yet during the month that I have been using it so I assume the griffin would be safe to use but thats just my input.

Another question I have is that I have been using an eFest battery for a couple of months now and when I first got it, it fit perfectly into my SMPL mod. Now it seems that the battery may have expanded and I have to force it into my mod for it to fit. I assumed that this was a safety concern and stopped using the battery. I'm just curious what might have caused the battery to expand considering it hasn't really been exposed to much heat other than the heat it gives off while I fire the mod. I also noticed I don't have any ventilation holes in my mod but I assume that none of the mech mods have ventilation holes. Is that another safety concern?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 0304161148.jpg
    0304161148.jpg
    591.9 KB · Views: 35
  • download_20160304_115037-1.jpg
    download_20160304_115037-1.jpg
    727.7 KB · Views: 37
  • download_20160304_115139-1.png
    download_20160304_115139-1.png
    1,004.7 KB · Views: 35

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Griffin has a Adjustable Pin so you can make it protrude so it can be used on a hybrid. The thing is you best be damn sure its always protruding or you will hard short your battery and if it cant take it, it will either vent or become a violent thermal runaway. The SMPL mod has vent holes in the button, every mech has vent holes, some hide them better then others do.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if the contact screws down well below the 510 connection and below the mod sure can.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
like pulsevape said, if when you tighten the adjustable pin all the way it rests below the threads than no, you cannot safelty run it on a hybrid.

if it stops above the threads with the insulator isolating the pin then you are ok. BUT give it a few turns for extra length; and, put the tank on before putting in the battery and switch.
here is a good example of what to look for
you can see the pin sticks out far past the threading. It doesn't have to be quite t
his far' but this is a good extreme example
temporary_zpsrd2yq5kc.jpg

temporary_zpspeqko94s.jpg

VU Sponsors