Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow Dave, congrats on that!! :confetti:

Mine will be at the end of the month, though about this time 3 years ago, I did have an ego pen. Took a bit to put smokes down completely.
Thanky, thanky...I first tried to vape in the early 2010s - paid like $300 for a couple of 510 kits that were fiddly as hell, had crap batteries, terrible draw, and were a nightmare to refill with Johnson Creek, the only prominent juice vendor at the time. I'd gone 3 days cold turkey at one point, but Mrs. Dave gave up and I quickly followed her. Bought some eGo pens with the stardust-style clearos in June 2013 and was a dual user for about a month - this time it was the wife who came to me one night and declared "We're going to quit smoking. Tomorrow." It's a lot easier if you don't have to deal with other smokers in the house, as tobacco addiction is like arguing with an idiot - but I lay claim to the longest quit, since it was a few weeks later when one of her friends came in from out of town to visit that she had her one slip-up...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow Dave, congrats on that!! :confetti:

Mine will be at the end of the month, though about this time 3 years ago, I did have an ego pen. Took a bit to put smokes down completely.

I think that's why it seemed so easy, the first time I did it; I never said "I'm quitting smoking," I said "I wonder how many cigarettes I can replace with vaping?" and that number kept increasing, and the number of smokes kept decreasing, and I finally hit "why the hell am I wasting my time with this disgusting shit anyway? My vape is better!" But the 2nd time, it was "I have to get back to smoke-free" -- the pressure of that is why it felt harder, I think.

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tomorrow's also my "true" 3 years off cigs - a few weeks after I initially quit I had a few drags off a Marlboro from the old pack I kept laying around after a few barley pops on the 4th...stubbed it out halfway through and reached for my vape instead. Then that pack sat on top of my fridge for another 3 months until I had a buddy over who ran out of smokes and was too lazy to walk two blocks to the corner store.
Meh I have had three 1 pack relapses.
1 pack when Abu died. Lots of whisky involved in that.
1 pack when my computer died.
1 pack when Pugsly passed. Again tons of booze were involved.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not that I even think there's much of a problem if I decided to have a smoke here or there, as I've got the addiction thing kicked - it's just that they taste like what I'd imagine dead dried rat ass must taste like now. But hey, we all have coping mechanisms - I burned a pack in a few hours the last time a pet died...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One and 3 would most certainly have done the same to me as a new vaper. YEP. #2, I just wouldn't be very pleasant to be around.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Happy Independence day
Declaration_Engrav_Pg1of1_doctored_0.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really does. I came and saw VU when it first opened to the public on June 27, '14, but then I just parked it over at ECF for almost 2 yrs before I got fed up with those fucking nanny-fascists. :D But that was when I was battling that relapse to dual use, and it was a lot harder to put 'em down than it was the first time -- I was quizzing everyone about WTA and such, like a madwoman. I finally realized that it's a simple act of will, with vaping as the backstop: it's not a magic wand, just a little helper. :)

But 3 wks from today, I'll be smoke-free for 2 yrs. That is just fucking amazing. :eek::giggle:

Andria
clapping_zpswx6n8lcy.gif

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tomorrow's also my "true" 3 years off cigs - a few weeks after I initially quit I had a few drags off a Marlboro from the old pack I kept laying around after a few barley pops on the 4th...stubbed it out halfway through and reached for my vape instead. Then that pack sat on top of my fridge for another 3 months until I had a buddy over who ran out of smokes and was too lazy to walk two blocks to the corner store.
clapping_zpswx6n8lcy.gif

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One and 3 would most certainly have done the same to me as a new vaper. YEP. #2, I just wouldn't be very pleasant to be around.
It was my gaming rig.
The warranty thing was a PITA.
Ended up getting saddled with a mobo I needed a new chip ram and a few other things.
So it sits.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I was going to use a video for 'Merican by the Descendants as my contribution to the Fourth love, but apparently no good version exists on the interweb (defined as the first two pages of teh googles because I'm lazy), so I'll spare y'all.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I made a flavor order.
Split between Wizard, Ecigexpress, and Nicotine river.

Wizard has surprised me at how much they offer anymore. Just not as many companies as Nic river or EcigExpress.

EcigExpress STILL can't get their shit together with having shit in stock. Damnit..... Had they had their shit fixed, it would have only been TWO companies. AND my order would have been bigger. 70-75-12. How do you like being the guy who sells me next to nothing EcigExpress?

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Wizard has surprised me at how much they offer anymore. Just not as many companies as Nic river or EcigExpress.

EcigExpress STILL can't get their shit together with having shit in stock. Damnit..... Had they had their shit fixed, it would have only been TWO companies. AND my order would have been bigger. 70-75-12. How do you like being the guy who sells me next to nothing EcigExpress?
I think they knew you were coming lol

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No shit, if I have a list and can get everything on it from one vendor except one item, I'll log onto someone else who has it all. I don't play.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No shit, if I have a list and can get everything on it from one vendor except one item, I'll log onto someone else who has it all. I don't play.
I hear ya!

I ordered more than I thought I would from Wizard. Their prices were pretty competitive. Some things cheaper there than NR.

Shipping is ridiculous from NR when your order gets near 100 bucks.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya!

I ordered more than I thought I would from Wizard. Their prices were pretty competitive. Some things cheaper there than NR.

Shipping is ridiculous from NR when your order gets near 100 bucks.
You ain't lyin'! I ordered a gallon of VG from them during a free shipping offer awhile back. If I'd had to pay to ship, it would've cost almost $30 to ship a $19.99 gallon of VG! :eek:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My gripe is that, as has happened EVERY time I've ordered from NR, they drop a big coupon within 12 hours of me plugging in an order...this one would've been big enough to get 5 free gallons of VG on top of the 5 I paid for...only $10 to ship 100 miles south, though, so I can't gripe about that.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oooooh... placed a few early 4th Sale orders and a couple should be landing within 15 minutes. Might even be in the box now but I'll wait for tracking to update. :D

Someone post up a *breathing intensifies* Doge JPEG for me. :p

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So pre coffee I took the trash down and gave a smile and nod with a "morning ma'am"
By her response "FUCK YOU MA'AM?!?"
"oh sorry I meant to say fucking cunt!"
Triggerpuff level head spinning and arm waddles commenced.
Have a nice day!
Sounds like a lovely neighborhood.... LOL!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I mean how in the fuck do people go out of the bathroom looking like this?
Let alone out in public.
Shower, wash clothes and if they make you look like an inbred mongoloid get new clothes.

What I can't figure out is, do these people not have mirrors? Did they not see this problem coming, at 20 lbs.. 50 lbs... 100 lbs.... till they finally arrive at some 200 lbs overweight, and wonder how it happened? Well, it didn't happen fucking OVERNIGHT. It took YEARS of gluttony to reach that point!

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What I can't figure out is, do these people not have mirrors? Did they not see this problem coming, at 20 lbs.. 50 lbs... 100 lbs.... till they finally arrive at some 200 lbs overweight, and wonder how it happened? Well, it didn't happen fucking OVERNIGHT. It took YEARS of gluttony to reach that point!

Andria
...or Prednisone.I'm gaining weight....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
...or Prednisone.I'm gaining weight....

I'm 55, so I'm gaining a little too... but I'll definitely do something about it before I even get to FIFTY lbs overweight, nevermind morbid obesity. In fact, before I even get to THIRTY lbs overweight, because I've done that before, and it was difficult to deal with, and I was 10 yrs younger then. I'm just wondering if their thought processes are something like: "OMG, I'm so overweight... I think I'll eat another dozen doughnuts!"

Andria

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Self respect and mirrors are banned in trailer parks...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Self respect and mirrors are banned in trailer parks...

Hmmm... I once lived in one of those... don't recall that about the mirrors, though you do have a point about the self-respect. But then we had an almost-fire IN A FUCKING MOBILE HOME and got the flock OUTTA THERE within a week, and I informed my spouse that I would live in a box under the bridge before I would ever live in another firetrap, er, mobile home. So I guess I got my self-respect back. :) Too bad it took quite a few years and therapy and Effexor to get my peace of mind back!

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm 55, so I'm gaining a little too... but I'll definitely do something about it before I even get to FIFTY lbs overweight, nevermind morbid obesity. In fact, before I even get to THIRTY lbs overweight, because I've done that before, and it was difficult to deal with, and I was 10 yrs younger then. I'm just wondering if their thought processes are something like: "OMG, I'm so overweight... I think I'll eat another dozen doughnuts!"

Andria
Binging is now accepted by the FDA. Take a look.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...roved/&usg=AFQjCNG28ucsK-I3MDyeRLAIFJ5u-XYeYA

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Sooooo... it's fine for people to binge and then pump out their stomach contents... but e-cigs aren't healthy?????????????

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We really need to march on Washington DC and burn it to the ground, and everyone in it.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, no...

But, that is probably one of the most outrageous things I've seen for weight loss.

VU Sponsors