VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
f82f1cd5b815452d74e365ade6272086.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OMG... 398 pages of this crap? Oh what the hell... just a quick oldie but goodie:

View attachment 187612

Been there... done that.

Think if honest too many of us here have. *chuckles*

Stopping to curse the common cold/crud. Went to bed cruddy as hammered shit. Woke about the same.

Took a call out for a 3 to 11 PM job this evening. Going to see if I can chicken soup this crud by about noon. If not, guess I'll call the office and hang off.

Kind of hate it too. It's up at one of my favorite schools to work. When they get done they exit on Friday nights. Kind of a perk they're allowed.

So they might wrap at 8. They'd leave by 8:30. Nobody really seems to care as the work is done. What else is there to do, sit and wait on someone not there to vomit? *smh*

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I just read about a new nic tax buried in the latest 1700 page atrocity known as a bill.
$50.33 per 1,810 milligrams.

My thoughts for Say It Here:
1636127100224.png

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just read about a new nic tax buried in the latest 1700 page atrocity known as a bill.
$50.33 per 1,810 milligrams.

My thoughts for Say It Here:
View attachment 187626
I'll save folks doing the math.
That adds $5 to a 30ml bottle of 6mg liquid.
It adds $2,780 to a liter of 100mg nic. LOL
I'm just a couple clicks away from a lifetime supply of nic - probably pull the trigger soon....

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I'll save folks doing the math.
That adds $5 to a 30ml bottle of 6mg liquid.
It adds $2,780 to a liter of 100mg nic. LOL
I'm just a couple clicks away from a lifetime supply of nic - probably pull the trigger soon....
In NY a 60ml is already $20 plus 20% special FU tax. With the new tax, that's $36 for a 60ml.
That FU tax is on ALL vape products BTW.
My first nic order is coming tomorrow. Only a liter of 100mg. But if it's good I'll get a gallon before end of year. I hate our fake government.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Happy "christmess"... what can I say? Years ago (I had no extra money and the holiday became a real nightmare for me... nephews and nieces hated me because all I could afford was $5-10 gifts) On a sidenote... I did a mental game. The entire month of December, waited to see if one single person might mention the "reason for the season" (and I'm not a religious guy) Never happened... that really bummed me out. Santa, candy canes and shopping. That year, a girl I worked with at a gas station was bragging about how her boyfriend got her a $300 leather jacket ($1000 by today's prices) and I couldn't even afford to get my son decent presents (did anyway... my wife and I got each other nothing... except love if that counts) OK... I said it here!!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh boy!

<pure sarcasm> Love modern psychology. </pure sarcasm>

Psychology says driving anxiety or phobia may not even be a fear of driving. You might fear something completely unrelated. Yet then the "advice" continues on, "face your fear" --- of driving.

I'm thrown for a logic bomb. It might not be a fear to drive but you got to face that fear of not driving? Okay, erm ... 'splain how ya do dat?

Ah, get behind the wheel anyway no matter if you know you're going to lock up or not. *smh* I'm not able to drive because I get terrified. Of what? Well, to me it looks like I fear driving with the consequences involved.

I just cannot get over "my gawd, I'm in control of a three ton bullet". That scares the shit out of me. And yes I know that admits fear of being responsible, at least of being responsible in driving. Sorry but okay.

And then psychology has said it might not even be a fear of driving itself. It might be for example a fear of sunlight, darkness. There is so much else which goes on with driving "they" cannot be "sure". *smh*

So yeah, jolly of jollies at 50 I don't drive & that doesn't appear to be mutable.

Oh boy!

<pure sarcasm> Love modern psychology. </pure sarcasm>

Psychology says driving anxiety or phobia may not even be a fear of driving. You might fear something completely unrelated. Yet then the "advice" continues on, "face your fear" --- of driving.

I'm thrown for a logic bomb. It might not be a fear to drive but you got to face that fear of not driving? Okay, erm ... 'splain how ya do dat?

Ah, get behind the wheel anyway no matter if you know you're going to lock up or not. *smh* I'm not able to drive because I get terrified. Of what? Well, to me it looks like I fear driving with the consequences involved.

I just cannot get over "my gawd, I'm in control of a three ton bullet". That scares the shit out of me. And yes I know that admits fear of being responsible, at least of being responsible in driving. Sorry but okay.

And then psychology has said it might not even be a fear of driving itself. It might be for example a fear of sunlight, darkness. There is so much else which goes on with driving "they" cannot be "sure". *smh*

So yeah, jolly of jollies at 50 I don't drive & that doesn't appear to be mutable.

Well the psychology says many things that sound ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well the psychology says many things that sound ridiculous.

Agreed. Got off phone just now scheduling an appt. to see a guy in Parkersburg at request of my GP. The GP's reasoning "sometimes fresh eyes see a different way". Could not really argue with that but given stuff in life for me, I'm doubtful. Still no harm trying.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Agreed. Got off phone just now scheduling an appt. to see a guy in Parkersburg at request of my GP. The GP's reasoning "sometimes fresh eyes see a different way". Could not really argue with that but given stuff in life for me, I'm doubtful. Still no harm trying.

No harm as long as new doc doesn't f'k around with meds that are working. Careful, careful. :hug:

No matter how I try, I just cannot stop trying to be everybody's mom. Yesterday it was @debinnv, today it's you, BB. I need a young'un around the house. Need my Izzy (16-year-old granddaughter, now living in AZ with her dad, clear across the damn country).

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No harm as long as new doc doesn't f'k around with meds that are working. Careful, careful. :hug:

No matter how I try, I just cannot stop trying to be everybody's mom. Yesterday it was @debinnv, today it's you, BB. I need a young'un around the house. Need my Izzy (16-year-old granddaughter, now living in AZ with her dad, clear across the damn country).

Well, yes so far the only psych med I'm on seems helpful a bit. It was doled out via the GP. I sleep better now. Have noticed I'm feeling just a bit calmer due to that. It goes after serotonin uptake inhibitors. Guess how I'm wired needs those "looked after".

Know it might sound cruel. Not meant as such. If I could father human offspring, would be honored to toss them to Mama Bright Eyes to rear up. Not to simply abandon a child or children, but it's clear my wife has no maternal instinct beyond fur babies.

I'm the "daddy" type but then again, I'm also the type what would push kids to face monsters. Yes, I would read them the actual unabridged and uncensored Brother's Grimm fairy tales. I'd be like the dad in Mad Max beyond the Thunder Dome, to the feral boy.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, yes so far the only psych med I'm on seems helpful a bit. It was doled out via the GP. I sleep better now. Have noticed I'm feeling just a bit calmer due to that. It goes after serotonin uptake inhibitors. Guess how I'm wired needs those "looked after".

Know it might sound cruel. Not meant as such. If I could father human offspring, would be honored to toss them to Mama Bright Eyes to rear up. Not to simply abandon a child or children, but it's clear my wife has no maternal instinct beyond fur babies.

I'm the "daddy" type but then again, I'm also the type what would push kids to face monsters. Yes, I would read them the actual unabridged and uncensored Brother's Grimm fairy tales. I'd be like the dad in Mad Max beyond the Thunder Dome, to the feral boy.

Young-ish boys need that toughness. Mamas are too easy. Wish I'd realized that when my son was coming up. I sure realize it now.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Young-ish boys need that toughness. Mamas are too easy. Wish I'd realized that when my son was coming up. I sure realize it now.

I agree but know I would give those brass tacks to boy or girl. Not that there would be anything wrong in a tough girl. Just something though that's a bit funny. I don't like or condone respect garnered out of fear.

But all our critter kids according to my wife "get the fear of da" put into them. I'm sure it'd be the same with human kids too. "Fear monsters? No way, I'm more afraid of my dad who eats monsters alive!" And that is kind of a dangerous way to be.

One could argue that fear teaches a healthy respect. Yes, to some degree I concur. I would constantly be worried of going too far though. Fear can also distance. It can also kill, so there's that.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I agree but know I would give those brass tacks to boy or girl. Not that there would be anything wrong in a tough girl. Just something though that's a bit funny. I don't like or condone respect garnered out of fear.

But all our critter kids according to my wife "get the fear of da" put into them. I'm sure it'd be the same with human kids too. "Fear monsters? No way, I'm more afraid of my dad who eats monsters alive!" And that is kind of a dangerous way to be.

One could argue that fear teaches a healthy respect. Yes, to some degree I concur. I would constantly be worried of going too far though. Fear can also distance. It can also kill, so there's that.

All I have to add to that is: If a child, boy or girl, knows that he/she is ALONE in the world by the age of four, there is something very, very wrong with the parenting that lead to that. For very young children, the knowledge and trust that comes from a reliable feeling of safety is paramount.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
All I have to add to that is: If a child, boy or girl, knows that he/she is ALONE in the world by the age of four, there is something very, very wrong with the parenting that lead to that. For very young children, the knowledge and trust that comes from a reliable feeling of safety is paramount.
Totally agree, and if it isnt done by a parent the world will do it to them and thats when bad things happen (assuming your parents are ok, they can do far worse damage if allowed)

Edit-and dont even get me started on toxic masculinity, i need a mod's approval to post my feeling on that

Last edited:

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
-
Nevermind, too political
Ok, im done

I need to just stay away from this threas, lmfao

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never considered that point of view. I know my mom was no saint. She did her best. Still, I often found myself to myself.

As for nearly ever regular father figure, they never bothered. I literally had to model myself as a dad based off of grandfathers, uncles, friends of family. Yes, grew up being my own dad as it were. Life required it from me.

I was a child until age four and a half. Have had an interesting perspective on life.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Car alarms... what a joke! It's not like anyone hears one and says "someone's car is getting broke into... we should help" It's more like "turn that damned thing off... I hope your battery dies"
And people who are parked in front of a house and honk the horn because they are too lazy to walk to the front door.
One last one: people that just can't seem to "parallel park" and it takes them 8 tries and it's still no better parking than the first try LOL

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Car alarms... what a joke! It's not like anyone hears one and says "someone's car is getting broke into... we should help" It's more like "turn that damned thing off... I hope your battery dies"
And people who are parked in front of a house and honk the horn because they are too lazy to walk to the front door.
One last one: people that just can't seem to "parallel park" and it takes them 8 tries and it's still no better parking than the first try LOL
The worst are the alarms that honk also.
And i would add to the parallel parking the ones that know they r parked because they just slammed into the two cars it was between, lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone remember The Club?
A simple device that makes it impossible to use the steering wheel.
I got one 30 years ago after my car was stolen (recovered the next day).
Still have & use the same one.
Car alarms ... pffft!
Yep recall them. Also recall at one time a means to disable them, both via picking the lock and without. Sorry, just kind of how my mind functions. Nope, not revealing. Been ages ago anyhow, I'm sure the issues were addressed.

And once you learned the methods, got 'em in pat, you could do it in a snap. Took a bit to learn. Took hands on OJT. See below.

If not usually figure if it takes more than 2 seconds no pro thief is going to waste time. That 2-second rule is the time it takes somebody to notice. If noticed, likely caught. Not worth the time wasted to pay the time for the crime.

Experts yep, experts, hate 'em with a passion. Gimme a dyed in the wool pro any day. Experts got book knowledge, pros get their hands dirty and seen it all.

Last edited:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yep recall them. Also recall at one time a means to disable them, both via picking the lock and without. Sorry, just kind of how my mind functions. Nope, not revealing. Been ages ago anyhow, I'm sure the issues were addressed.

And once you learned the methods, got 'em in pat, you could do it in a snap. Took a bit to learn. Took hands on OJT. See below.

If not usually figure if it takes more than 2 seconds no pro thief is going to waste time. That 2-second rule is the time it takes somebody to notice. If noticed, likely caught. Not worth the time wasted to pay the time for the crime.

Experts yep, experts, hate 'em with a passion. Gimme a dyed in the wool pro any day. Experts got book knowledge, pros get their hands dirty and seen it all.
Some people make fun of me for using The Club (I make fun of them, in my mind only, for relying on an alarm). One of the things they say is "They can be gotten off in 3 minutes if you know how." To which the reply is, "Yes, and that's 3 minutes more someone would have to spend to steal my car than someone else's."

I once saw on TV an ex-thief demonstrate breaking into & hot-wiring a locked car. Took him 8 seconds.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One of the things they say is "They can be gotten off in 3 minutes if you know how." To which the reply is, "Yes, and that's 3 minutes more someone would have to spend to steal my car than someone else's."

I once saw on TV an ex-thief demonstrate breaking into & hot-wiring a locked car. Took him 8 seconds.

Will grant you this, bolt cutters are handy tools. Three minutes is far too long. Yep, seen thieves do it in 6 to 8 seconds, hot wiring. With all the computer crap in newer cars, hot wiring is almost obsolete.

That noted, with all the computer crap in newer cars, cracking into a car and "rooting" it, can be a snap. Yes, rooting like cell phones and computers get rooted. In all intents and purposes, they take full control of the car.

Next on my list is unethical people. There is a situation health wise which scares me bad. Think of all the artificial tickers out there in, folks. Just ponder, ... I'm surprised such a thing hasn't been epidemic. Figure you got wit enough to see what I'm conveying without, ...

So, how about them Dodgers? *grins as everyone that knows him knows he doesn't follow any real pro sports except WWE*

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This reminded me of something... a friend had an old classic mustang and installed an aftermarket remote start device. It didn't have a neutral safety switch and he left it in drive. It lunged forward and hit his truck. Both were damaged ( laughed when I heard about it... the guy was sort of an ass anyway)

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Will grant you this, bolt cutters are handy tools. Three minutes is far too long. Yep, seen thieves do it in 6 to 8 seconds, hot wiring. With all the computer crap in newer cars, hot wiring is almost obsolete.

That noted, with all the computer crap in newer cars, cracking into a car and "rooting" it, can be a snap. Yes, rooting like cell phones and computers get rooted. In all intents and purposes, they take full control of the car.

Next on my list is unethical people. There is a situation health wise which scares me bad. Think of all the artificial tickers out there in, folks. Just ponder, ... I'm surprised such a thing hasn't been epidemic. Figure you got wit enough to see what I'm conveying without, ...

So, how about them Dodgers? *grins as everyone that knows him knows he doesn't follow any real pro sports except WWE*
the car thing was actually demonstrated a few years back, completely took control over whatever was linked, some chevy or caddy suv iirc

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the car thing was actually demonstrated a few years back, completely took control over whatever was linked, some chevy or caddy suv iirc
Yep. I knew about it just a bit before that, not much so. A fellow who is my Big Brother via United Way, used to do towing, car repair with his family. He asked if I wanted to see something neat one day.

He unlocked half a dozen cars on a lot, started three up. There was a small device in his hands, almost like a universal television remote. Told me he could do more with a laptop or tablet. We both stood shaking our heads.

I used to work one pit while his real younger brother worked another. "Boogie" had me cutting off mufflers, radiators with an oxy-cety torch, in his pit he slapped new on via welding with much the same torch set-up I used. Boogie wound up teaching me torch welding, cutting. He was prod I passed an X-ray test with torch. "Knew you could."

Not used a torch for a while now. Hm, but it's like riding a bicycle. :D :)

VU Sponsors