Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, this is crazy....WTH ??

View attachment 175960
It was expected,, they found the guy who had a big smile as he was looting that tall thing,, his profile says he is Biden supporter (nothing wrong with that,, but why was he looting in a crowd of pubs?). Anyway his friends were teasing him about it so he made his page private.

Kind of surprised he didn't think there were lots of pictures from 2020 riots to connect his motives.

It sure spooked bitcoin,, it jumped to new highs 37k,, biggest jump in a short period of time. $40k up next,,, rich people don't like taxes,,, they like their pet politician as a proper puppet.

Our entire govt is dirty,, but as long as we fight with each other,, the politicians are safe.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was expected,, they found the guy who had a big smile as he was looting that tall thing,, his profile says he is Biden supporter (nothing wrong with that,, but why was he looting in a crowd of pubs?). Anyway his friends were teasing him about it so he made his page private.

Kind of surprised he didn't think there were lots of pictures from 2020 riots to connect his motives.

It sure spooked bitcoin,, it jumped to new highs 37k,, biggest jump in a short period of time. $40k up next,,, rich people don't like taxes,,, they like their pet politician as a proper puppet.

Our entire govt is dirty,, but as long as we fight with each other,, the politicians are safe.
Sure it was...I knew it when he liked the idea of no-term limits as Putin wanted....he said it was a good idea...

Trump wants to be Czar.

Me, as a lifelong resident alien for over 50yrs (I came here as a toddler) and non-citizen of the USA, I couldn't care less.

I'm not rich enough to speculate bitcoin or own a house nor even have had a job capable of getting 'ahead'. I'm not a capitalist.

IQ of 147, graduated HS with a 3.4....and I got nada because I was poor and couldn't afford the college offers I got in 1985 even though I worked two jobs to make $3000 in the 1980s at $3/hr. Screw Capitalism.

At 54yo. I have nothing but anger and a few possessions I've painstakingly collected. I know you can't relate.
I do understand crypto...and how to steal it. ;)

I just want the extra 1400.00 so I can afford to leave. This is not my country, I was dumped here at 14 by my birth parents, DSHS, and the US legal system. Burn it all down.

I don't belong here.

Last edited:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure it was...I knew it when he liked the idea of no-term limits as Putin wanted....he said it was a good idea...

Trump wants to be Czar.

Me, as a lifelong resident alien for over 50yrs (I came here as a toddler) and non-citizen of the USA, I couldn't care less.

I'm not rich enough to speculate bitcoin or own a house nor even have had a job capable of getting 'ahead'. I'm not a capitalist.

IQ of 147, graduated HS with a 3.4....and I got nada because I was poor and couldn't afford the college offers I got in 1985 even though I worked two jobs to make $3000 in the 1980s at $3/hr. Screw Capitalism.

At 54yo. I have nothing but anger and a few possessions I've painstakingly collected. I know you can't relate.
I do understand crypto...and how to steal it. ;)

I just want the extra 1400.00 so I can afford to leave. This is not my country, I was dumped here at 14 by my birth parents, DSHS, and the US legal system. Burn it all down.

I don't belong here.
Im your age i grew up on a farm isolated,, had to beg my parents to borrow their car so i could go to town to get a fast food job.

Everything was going fine until we both lost our jobs in the same month,, hubby was able to get a crappy job far away & had to sleep in his truck all week before coming home to give us money,, then some jackass got the wrong address, so we lost our apartment to fire damage. Back then we couldn't get all the perks the poor get today,, me & the cat would share a can of green beans or whatever we had,, so that my son could eat. I literally turned into a walking skeleton.

So in school i had high grades as well,, math major on the college level as part of a special program to track 12 of us,, trig, calc, geo 1&2 algebra 1&2 ,. Couldn't afford full 4 years of college,, back then I kept running into walls,, rich kids lying about parents income etc,, always a step ahead,, i just knew college is where they teach you the secrets to success.-----nope,, I learned the secrets later,,

As a kid i mowed grass,, babysat kids,, worked at a diner at 10,, hauled a lot of hay,,,i say im my fathers favorite son. so working wasnt a problem. Later we bought 1 bubble gum machine, a real crappy one,, it created small money at first,, all that $$$ went into buying the next machine,, better machine,, we kept doing this until we had 77 machines & 3 odd but popular machines,, that became $1000/ week back in the 90s. I got super lucky landed a union job,,, i told myself this is my 1 shot to get ahead,, dont blow it. So saved saved,, union pay was very helpful but I had to wait 3 years to get full union pay,, until then it was hard work and fractional. So I was always thinking,,, $$ needs to breed like rabbits,, by chance we had just gotten cable tv,, i found cnbc,, didn't know what the heck the were talking about,,. But those numbers sure got my attention like a diamond ring. So i adopted a couple of tickers having no idea what companies they represented. I tracked them every day,, my family made fun of me.... So 1 Saturday my husband & i went out to breakfast at some tinnnny diner,, it was really good & cheap,,,, a few days later I was off,, son at school & hubby at work i decided to visit that diner again.

I'm eating,, this place is NOT NICE LOOKING,, a BMW drove up 2 men came in & sat at the next booth,, they chatted,, i wondered why they weren't somewhere better looking,. Sat there long enough to drink too much coffee,, and just listen to them talk.

Turns out wealthy people think dif than working class.

Working class runs off to buy stuff,,,,that wealthy invested in. Ie: $600 to buy nike shoes or $600 to buy nike stock.

As for Crypto,, there are Crypto that are $0.10& up,, i have several of all price ranges including bitcoin,, im not investment racist,, if it's gonna move im in. ( Ps,, there are people who buy $100 or whatever every week of Bitcoin)

Someone said,, the person who saves too much, is not giving to the universe... Someone who invests is taking a bet on your success.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, without commenting on all of that, and I am sympathetic to it, you don't know me...nobody does as I'm unique. Literally a study case for DSHS. My caseworker when I was 13 ended up running the WA DSHS.

I have a math disability likely linked to my 31 week premmie status in 1966, Rh factor, and Scarlet Fever when I was 3. I have brain damage and still have a slight lisp for it.

In the 70s, you were Special Ed, or you weren't...and I was non-socialized having never been in society or put in school until I was 13 with a social/emotional development of an 8yo. I got terrorized for 8 years while also in uber-christian foster care and screamed at every day.

I have every marker to be a socialpath and my birth father was a patholigist and coroner who took me to crime scenes as a kid......but I resist it.

I was smart and all and have a 98th percentile in mechanical reasoning, but I can't do maths. I can see the universe, I don't need numbers to describe it. Humans invented Math, because they needed to explain things in ways they could understand.

I've taken the MMPI 6 times. I know it by heart now...lol... One Doctor, he was not like the rest and listened to me, talked to me. But, he retired long ago.

Ask me to envision anything, and I will. I've seen multiple dimensions, other realities...That isn't marketable....yet.

I live on 800/mo, I'm to think I should invest when I don't know if I'll have a roof in June if they raise rents?
I'm glad you found your niche...there is none for me in this society. I don't really belive in nor want to be part of humanity as it exists in this millennium. Chasing after the artificial thing we call money is not a goal, it is a burden that never ends. I opted out.

Nor could I handle the responsibility of owning a home, car, a family, etc. I can barely handle keeping an Apt and a cat who loves me. I understand animals far better than humans. They trust me. Multiple animals have sought me out and folowed me home to have litters, a warm home for a time, or just have a place to be for awhile. I grew up with farm-raised parents..I guess it's genetic.

But I pay my bills, and have had just two Apts since 2003. I think it's best to live on the Internet and to be left alone. For the most part. I'd love to be in the Territories in the cold with nothing but Nature around me. I would thrive if left alone by humankind. I need only a sharp and durable knife, which I have.

But, like all humans, I do desire recognition for things I do....even if they are pedestrian. That is my downfall.

In short, there has never been another quite like me. Nor will there be.

Last edited:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for Trump,, I tuned him out,, he liked rattling the cages of some. I liked his presidency,, very good employment,, peace,, kinda just didn't mess with us. Obama was determined to force healthcare regardless of quality,,, i just filled out the forms each year to pass on ACA. Pay my own way if i had too..& I did,, but a nice young lady at the hospital explained to me how they were paid if i had insurance,,,, huge tip,, so i approached our $54k hospital bill with her knowledge and got my ending amount to $14k. I know most people cant do that,, and I understand their situation is different. But I had to follow that path with no regrets. Anyway,, Trump may have been an awful talker,, his style can get under your skin,, but as a citizen I was only interested in results.

Our next presidency will be just like it has been for decades:
1609994494359.png

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, without commenting on all of that, and I am sympathetic to it, I have a math disability likely linked to my 31 week premmie status in 1966, Rh factor, and Scarlet Fever when I was 3. I have brain damage.

I was smart and all and have a 98th percentile in mechanical reasoning, but I can't do maths. I see it.
Ask me to envision anything, and I will. That isn't marketable....yet.

I live on 800/mo, I'm to think I should invest when I don't know if I'll have a roof in June if they raise rents?
I'm glad you found your niche...there is none for me in this society. I don't really belive in nor want to be part of humanity as it exists in this millennium. Chasing after the artificial thing we call money is not a goal, it is a burden that never ends. I opted out.

Nor could I handle the responsibility of owning a home, car, a family, etc. I can barely handle a cat.
I hope you cheer up soon,, you are here for a reason ?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope you cheer up soon,, you are here for a reason ?
You miss the point, I do not need cheering up. I am what I am.

Perhaps the specter of me disturbs you? Do not attempt to condescend to me.
Your Bitcoins are not THAT secure dearie. I have buddies in DoD and the criminal EU....;)

What can the USA do to me? Any felony is a deportation...yes plz? Send me back to my country.

The root of all Evil, is Money....and Humans make it so.

I have a memory of before there was currency; we traded, we made things, we earned respect through ability....whether it was herding sheep, forming pottery, or chopping wood. It was real.

Funny, animals love me...humans do not. Who is the wiser?

Last edited:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You miss the point, I do not need cheering up. I am what I am.

Perhaps the specter of me disturbs you? Do not attempt to condescend to me.
Your Bitcoins are not THAT secure dearie. I have buddies in DoD and the criminal EU....;)

What can the USA do to me? Any felony is a deportation...yes plz? Send me back to my country.

The root of all Evil, is Money....and Humans make it so.

I have a memory of before there was currency; we traded, we made things, we earned respect through ability....whether it was herding sheep, forming pottery, or chopping wood. It was real.

Funny, animals love me...humans do not. Who is the wiser?
Enjoy or not your self imposed status. - good bye

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I called for this act for a long time, the sad thing is, its not genuine, this actors were backed up by who knows who.... GOD BLESS THE USA like what they always say!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yep I go and have a small heart attack and while recovering at home the world goes nuts.

Seriously? Is there such a thing as a "small" heart attack? I hope you're ok!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting there.
And according to my doctor yes there is such a THING...Who knew?

Read this.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
4d043a99b209c0d7e576edbc38cc4ff2.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5303b00576aa16004165ce5296b690e5.jpg

New hobby and future bike..... you all be safe out there and get the vaccine LOL

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Patient wants something for headache and nauseated, you go find the rn and relay that info, you dont call light and say SHE NEED THE NURSE!
Some assistants just dont have it,
another day....

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
5303b00576aa16004165ce5296b690e5.jpg

New hobby and future bike..... you all be safe out there and get the vaccine LOL

Nice!

Going a similar route but MTB instead.

8d2dcf1019b4eceb36dbd50dca4f113d.jpg

Commencal Meta - Ordered it, but won’t be ready til August projected. Damn back log on bike components due to COVID.

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice!

Going a similar route but MTB instead.

8d2dcf1019b4eceb36dbd50dca4f113d.jpg

Commencal Meta - Ordered it, but won’t be ready til August projected. Damn back log on bike components due to COVID.

Been thinking about one of these
usx.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been thinking about one of these
View attachment 181341

Do it!

I see these around San Diego often and there is at least one dude that lives around my area I see at least once a week.

Anything that gets the heart pumping is a good investment for health.

I thought about a commuter bike since they are way cheaper than the Meta I ordered, but I also come from a motocross life, so I sort of gravitated to shopping MTB.

That and with a MTB I can cruise the beaches, take different paths and with the addition of cushcore tire inserts and tubeless sealant I won’t have to be as careful about where I ride.

My current bike is an old Trek Hard tail I bought back in 2006, still shreds, but being nearly 48, it’s time to go full suspension and 29” wheels.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do it!

I see these around San Diego often and there is at least one dude that lives around my area I see at least once a week.

Anything that gets the heart pumping is a good investment for health.

I thought about a commuter bike since they are way cheaper than the Meta I ordered, but I also come from a motocross life, so I sort of gravitated to shopping MTB.

That and with a MTB I can cruise the beaches, take different paths and with the addition of cushcore tire inserts and tubeless sealant I won’t have to be as careful about where I ride.

My current bike is an old Trek Hard tail I bought back in 2006, still shreds, but being nearly 48, it’s time to go full suspension and 29” wheels.

My last bike was a Norton Commando...

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HOLY HELL I hate moving.
I'm moving.

Had to rent a full-on dumpster to get rid of stuff I paid for but never needed, mostly. Had to ALSO make a couple dedicated runs to the dump - 1 van full of 25 years worth of computer gear I just dragged along with me over the years, and another with bags of trash I wasn't gonna fit in the dumpster.
Plus boxing stuff - and I'm stuck doing kitchen and garage and more because other people are pack-rats and aren't going to finish purging their stuff.

Let me try to steer towards the positive...
Even though I wasn't READY to move...at least I'm moving to the general area I wanted to get to sometime in the next 10 years. Still renting, which means I'm going to have to go through this nightmare AGAIN...but at least (if things work out) the next one might be a local move, with the advantage of knowing the area, and being able to time it better... That's the fucking plan - to get lucky and like it where I'm going, and to get ready - perhaps over the next few years - to buy a house I'll then never leave.

Wish me luck.

Oh, also - MAYBE it's all gonna be good in other ways.
Went through HELL trying to land a rental place where I wanted - that's a whole fucking thread. Got screwed three times before I (maybe) got lucky with a place.
The thing is -
a) It's a posh neighborhood. NOBODY finds a rental there. It's top-notch...great amenities, etc.
b) It's like 30% smaller than the place I've been living.
That SHOULD be big enough...not like it's small. We've just spent 20 years collecting shit to fill big houses with...

Anyway. Wish me luck.
1624084096303.png

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HOLY HELL I hate moving.
I'm moving.

Had to rent a full-on dumpster to get rid of stuff I paid for but never needed, mostly. Had to ALSO make a couple dedicated runs to the dump - 1 van full of 25 years worth of computer gear I just dragged along with me over the years, and another with bags of trash I wasn't gonna fit in the dumpster.
Plus boxing stuff - and I'm stuck doing kitchen and garage and more because other people are pack-rats and aren't going to finish purging their stuff.

Let me try to steer towards the positive...
Even though I wasn't READY to move...at least I'm moving to the general area I wanted to get to sometime in the next 10 years. Still renting, which means I'm going to have to go through this nightmare AGAIN...but at least (if things work out) the next one might be a local move, with the advantage of knowing the area, and being able to time it better... That's the fucking plan - to get lucky and like it where I'm going, and to get ready - perhaps over the next few years - to buy a house I'll then never leave.

Wish me luck.

Oh, also - MAYBE it's all gonna be good in other ways.
Went through HELL trying to land a rental place where I wanted - that's a whole fucking thread. Got screwed three times before I (maybe) got lucky with a place.
The thing is -
a) It's a posh neighborhood. NOBODY finds a rental there. It's top-notch...great amenities, etc.
b) It's like 30% smaller than the place I've been living.
That SHOULD be big enough...not like it's small. We've just spent 20 years collecting shit to fill big houses with...

Anyway. Wish me luck.
View attachment 183266
I’m a little late to this discussion but you have my sympathy. Every time we’ve moved, we’ve had to hire movers because I have so much crap. But I’ve finally been broken in that it’s taken me nearly two years to clean out my late mother’s house to get it ready to sell. My mom was a closet hoarder and we never knew. I’ve gone through at least four lawn and leaf bags full of paperwork that kept my shredder on overdrive because of social security numbers and account numbers, but a lot of what got tossed were receipts for EVERYTHING. When she paid anything, she kept a stub or receipt. I found Walmart bags full of these stubs/receipts that were 10+ years old. Tax returns from up to 15 years ago were stuffed between her mattress and box springs - how she kept from sliding into the floor on that mattress is beyond me. It took us three days to clean out the attic, which was the size of one room, not the whole house. At least 80% of what we tossed up there were empty boxes. Boxes from things they’d bought when I was a teenager were still up there. And so many boxes of books and magazines, some worth money, but not when they’re covered in squirrel/mouse droppings and nesting material. Mud daubers had built inside boxes. Very little was salvageable, just a fire hazard....
There was so much more, and for awhile I was having to deal with it by myself since my brother lives about 300 miles away. That meant there were several days I just couldn’t look at it anymore, hence the near two year time frame it’s taken to get this far. But we only lack the outbuilding and cleaning, then it’s going on the market and will hopefully sell QUICKLY. But I will tell you this - empty boxes will be saved at my house for 30 days. If whatever came in it doesn’t need returned by then, the box is trash. Most of my book purchases are now on my Kindle so they don’t take up shelf space. And gone are the days of keeping clothes that are never worn anymore. If it doesn’t fit right now, it’s donated. If it hasn’t been worn in 6 months, donated. I refuse to leave my daughter a catastrophe to clean up and deal with like I’ve had to.
Moving is definitely hell.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Suse it ain't "frozen shoulder"? I had a double dose of that shit, and it took a year to go away.
Yeah I feel you guys on this shit. My right arm pops out of socket way too *often*. Getting it back in is a bitch and a ½.

*DUE TO AN OLD INJURY*
Pretty sure - but haven't yet been to true Ortho guy.
I went to a "clinic" (but a pretty fancy one - it's actually a full free-standing ER) and the guy seemed especially competent (and I'm a real medical cynic). And I went because I thought it was dislocated. My OTHER arm is like yours, @snake94115. Since I fell on it once 30 years ago, it's popped out probably about 20 times? Sometimes OK for a couple years, then pooof. I swear, I once dislocated my left shoulder by sneezing. Anyway - that's what it feels like. Like it's "a little" dislocated...or is just about to dislocate...if you know what I mean. But the doc says, "no - that's a tear in your rotator". Which is worse, kinda - cuz I think it means surgery. We'll see.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When my shoulder pains hit, my doctor thought maybe I tore my rotator cuff, so I got sent to a specialist. X-rays were normal. MRIs were normal. I got sent to physical therapy. That made it worse. Then I got sent to a nerve induction test. That doctor diagnosed the frozen shoulders.

Even after all the agony cleared, and more than a year since, I still don't have all the range my arms used to have.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When my shoulder pains hit, my doctor thought maybe I tore my rotator cuff, so I got sent to a specialist. X-rays were normal. MRIs were normal. I got sent to physical therapy. That made it worse. Then I got sent to a nerve induction test. That doctor diagnosed the frozen shoulders.

Even after all the agony cleared, and more than a year since, I still don't have all the range my arms used to have.
Good info to have - I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Pretty sure - but haven't yet been to true Ortho guy.
I went to a "clinic" (but a pretty fancy one - it's actually a full free-standing ER) and the guy seemed especially competent (and I'm a real medical cynic). And I went because I thought it was dislocated. My OTHER arm is like yours, @snake94115. Since I fell on it once 30 years ago, it's popped out probably about 20 times? Sometimes OK for a couple years, then pooof. I swear, I once dislocated my left shoulder by sneezing. Anyway - that's what it feels like. Like it's "a little" dislocated...or is just about to dislocate...if you know what I mean. But the doc says, "no - that's a tear in your rotator". Which is worse, kinda - cuz I think it means surgery. We'll see.

I have heard and read that rotator cuff surgery is one that requires a very long convalescent period. I think my hubbs worked with his rotator cuff torn for about seven or eight years just because of the recovery time associated with the surgery. I hope for your sake that the problem is something else.

I was cooking part of Christmas dinner at my daughter's house once when her twins were still tiny toddlers (maybe 18 months old or thereabouts). I turned to step toward the sink with a hot, messy spoon in my hand and there was a baby standing right beside me who I did not realize was there. I twisted this way and that, trying not to fall on the baby, and in the process fell with all my weight landing on my left hip. It hurt like a bitch for a while but then calmed down some after I dosed myself with Tylenol and aspirin. However, within two weeks I was at the ortho doc's office, and he sent me for physical therapy. My pelvis and sacroiliac was all messed up. Took ultrasound treatments, exercises, and some quite painful physical manipulation to put it on its way back to normal. It's a good thing we had a genius physical therapist nearby at the time.

I wish I knew where she's practicing now, or even if she is still practicing. She saved me from myself more than once..

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aaaaand, I get to travel.
Silly, really - it's for an internal company meeting. I wouldn't mind at all travelling to see a potential customer, to win a deal, to make money. But this - this is taking a group of people who feed the company with fresh cashflow (yeah - I'm "sales") - and having them all trapped breathing other peoples' air in airplanes, passing hundreds of people in airports, and then getting them together in a room all day so if any of those several thousand exposures was effective, it can be shared by all.

Oh, and time zone shift, too. So by MY clock, I get to wake up at 3 and 4 AM for the next couple days.

Is it Friday yet?

VU Sponsors