Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here. The one that has lately been driving me out of my mind is using "discretely" when they mean "discreetly" -- THEY MEAN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!!!!

Andria

I'll give you that one though it's far less common than so many simple mistakes in this era of text speak. :rolleyes:

Don't use either much myself... there are only a few discrete things I need to be discreet about.

:p

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not to anyone here or any of the above posters:
All you stupid people I have to deal with everyday makes me wish that we could legally kill you. But since we can't I will settle for you no longer having teeth.
You can't fix stupid. But you can sure make being stupid hurt

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My rant today (mild one). Okay, Cheryl Tiegs is a social bigot. I think she wants to be remembered as a bigot and hater.
In this case I doubt it's outright bigotry and more of a case of sheer stupidity...Cheryl Tiegs = Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
wheel-turning-but-hampster-dead.jpg

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Q: Why the fuck does one host an auction in which none of the items offered for sale are actually sold to the highest bidder?

A: Fuck you for three hours of my life that can't be un-spent standing around in the sun.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Q: Why the fuck does one host an auction in which none of the items offered for sale are actually sold to the highest bidder?

A: Fuck you for three hours of my life that can't be un-spent standing around in the sun.
Sounds like fraud...Hint hint report it as such.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like fraud...Hint hint report it as such.
I wasn't actually defrauded because I didn't win any bids...though there was some shady shit going on...I feel bad for the guy the auctioneer caught jumping a bid on a car for sale from $2900 to $4000 in one fell swoop using an accent that made "twedy-nine" indecipherable from "tirdy-nine."

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How to Keep People from Fking Up the Program

Part 1
"Lost, your project should be focusing on this (lofty, unachievable, economically insane) goal."
"OK, send me a fact sheet and suggest a new mission statement."
[Nothing happens; work continues as normal.]

Part 2
"Lost, we should add this to our workload."
"OK, you work on that angle."
[Nothing happens; work continues as normal.]

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't actually defrauded because I didn't win any bids...though there was some shady shit going on...I feel bad for the guy the auctioneer caught jumping a bid on a car for sale from $2900 to $4000 in one fell swoop using an accent that made "twedy-nine" indecipherable from "tirdy-nine."
Yeah shadiness for sure...I doubt I would've got tricked like that.I speak fluent (Redneck/Hillbilly/Peckerwood)

VU Sponsors