Become a Patron!

Should I replace the battery?

Brought some RM2.5 18650 batteries about 2 weeks ago now, recently noticed a small mark on one of the batteries. Would it be worth replacing these batteries due to that mark?

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    104 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200204_022935.jpg
    20200204_022935.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 18

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would. As cheap as they are these days it's worth being safe. Liionwholesale.com, imr.com are my goto. If the battery isn't dented you can get battery wraps super cheap and rewrap it yourself

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Brought some RM2.5 18650 batteries about 2 weeks ago now, recently noticed a small mark on one of the batteries. Would it be worth replacing these batteries due to that mark?

how many batteries do you have ?= only those 2, just be carefull with it and keep an eye on it(you should be anyway). i bet it doesn't get any worse. 4+ batteries = just set those to the side and use the others.

order some battery wraps from fasttech.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It still shouldn't be used like it is. You can see that the nick goes through the wrap.

If you have no other battery to use now, and no wraps on hand, at least cover that nick with some electrical tape before you use the battery again. Rewrap it as soon as you can.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

what mod/s are you using ?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're in New Zealand I think?

Those are supposed to be rewrapped Molicell P26A which if true would make them excellent 18650 batteries. I say "if true" because I found a place in NZ that claims Molicell is supplying them with batteries and the RM2.5 is their P26A. That might be the case, but I don't understand why they would need to be rewrapped. Maybe they're supplying them UNwrapped or something. It would also be risky to publicly claim something like this if it were not true, so it probably is. Unless they are unscrupulous idiots, which is also possible.

Counterfeit batteries are everywhere which is why I'm always skeptical. If you don't know MOOCH , you should :) In fact the site I found uses Mooch's testing for the P26A to sell their RM2.5.

Mooch always says that if a wrap is not 100% intact, it is unsafe. Like my friends are telling you. Get that covered temporarily and get some wraps. There's enough power in these batteries to seriously injure and maybe even kill you if not handled with some simple respect and guidelines.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
he could just go to a vape shop and get them a lot cheaper than that,depending. and a lot faster, depending.

He is 18 - would he be able to get into a vape shop since the legal age is federal at 21 and over if he is in the US?
That is why I suggested Liion Wholesale for the wraps.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty sure he's in New Zealand. Those batteries are only sold under that rewrapped designation out of New Zealand. At least from what I found.

VU Sponsors