Become a Patron!

SIGNS OF NICOTINE OVERDOSE

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
.. some lunatics flew planes into bldgs in NYC and DC and I got to watch it on TV! WHEE!
Andria

Stood mouth agape at in the kitchen of a grandfather and watched that happen on the telly. It was my wife's grandfather. He looked at me with a half wry grin once things seemed half calm. "Reckon that took some kind of skill?"

"Joyriders with radio control, or a bullshit op."

I had a bud, he had been called in from Italy. Got word he needed to be in NY that week. Not heard word from him since. We had kind of half kept in touch from 1996 on. I ... well, excuse me.

Smokeless

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What happens to me is that I get hot and a little nauseous. With a kayfun I stick with 12 and even that sometimes can be much.
Same here! I'm on 18mg and going to drop down to 12.

Smokeless

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first started vaping I would vape too much at a time. Popped out in a cold sweat and got nausea. I've since learned the rhythm of vaping and what I can handle. I had to slow down. Can totally relate.
Same here! You have to learn how much and how long to cape. I'm still trying to find that sweet spot.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Then 2 yrs later, when I was BARELY starting to kinda get over it... some lunatics flew planes into bldgs in NYC and DC and I got to watch it on TV! WHEE!

Andria

I got to watch that on TV and then drive my boat down the East River to try and get friends and family out of Manhattan only to be chased away by the Coast Guard and then see the smoke from my house for days. Then I found out how many people I knew personally who were lost in the towers along with how many of the first responder's who suffered from fatal illnesses and still do................

Whee? Really?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got to watch that on TV and then drive my boat down the East River to try and get friends and family out of Manhattan only to be chased away by the Coast Guard and then see the smoke from my house for days. Then I found out how many people I knew personally who were lost in the towers along with how many of the first responder's who suffered from fatal illnesses and still do................

Whee? Really?

Apologies being remiss about this.As a human being I think you need ...

* HUG *

I think we owe them living well and doing whatever it is we do, as best we can. Not got much beyond that. For me at least there is a lot of mixed feeling I keep locked up. Understand it is the same for many others. Hugs say more than words, and a lot of times better too. :) Okay, I'm moving along.

I vape like a mad man, 18mg for 4 years and have it in my hand from 6am to 11pm constantly, i feel like crap with raging head aches and cold sweats and feel dizzy most of the time, im trying to quit but i am so addicted its unreal! Could this kill me if i keep doing it?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape like a mad man, 18mg for 4 years and have it in my hand from 6am to 11pm constantly, i feel like crap with raging head aches and cold sweats and feel dizzy most of the time, im trying to quit but i am so addicted its unreal! Could this kill me if i keep doing it?

Probably not as fast as cigarettes would, but that high a nic level is definitely making you uncomfortable. If you dropped the nic, you'd enjoy the vape a lot more.

It's not the nic you're so addicted to; it's probably just the mental habit. When you get rid of all the other crap in burning tobacco, nic by itself is not very addictive at all; somewhat like caffeine.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Agree with others people ought to drop the nicotine levels. If I could, I would. For me caffeine is addictive,nicotine too. Besides I'm a mutant from birth. No power in the verse stop me. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I start every day with Coffee and vaping and sometimes add a bit of extra nicotine to my Tobacco Blend in the AM. Today I needed a little kick in the butt so 50/50 of 3MG and 18/MG.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I start every day with Coffee and vaping and sometimes add a bit of extra nicotine to my Tobacco Blend in the AM. Today I needed a little kick in the butt so 50/50 of 3MG and 18/MG.

Now we see how you are. :) You're a junkie for sure. *chuckling*

Almost as bad as me mixing up various flavors of sodas.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You should read that other thread about the difference between a Junkie and an Addict..............

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You should read that other thread about the difference between a Junkie and an Addict..............

It one which kind of paints me as a dependent? That dependents won't steal, lie, cheat, hurt to get a fix but addicts will, or junkies will?

And which one? I will read it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It one which kind of paints me as a dependent? That dependents won't steal, lie, cheat, hurt to get a fix but addicts will, or junkies will?

I wouldn't have stolen, lied, or hurt anyone to get cigarettes... but I damn sure pawed thru plenty of ashtrays to find smokable butts! That's quite addicted, in my book!

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I hope you realize that I did not appreciate you calling me a 'junkie". Now if you are a junkie, addict or dependent that is for you to decide.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hope you realize that I did not appreciate you calling me a 'junkie". Now if you are a junkie, addict or dependent that is for you to decide.

Well, I do apologize. I had meant it jokingly. Apparently yesterday was my day to fuck everything up. I'll refrain from any further discussion. That will avoid fucking anything up. I don't intended causing harm,or even discomfort to anyone. If I do,well, rather do nothing at all.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morley apology accepted! And do not refrain from posting because of a simple misunderstanding. Takes a man to admit a mistake and a bigger man to shake hands and we are cool now! Please stay an active participant in the threads no big deal I did not get your joke!

:bingo::bingo:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morley apology accepted! And do not refrain from posting because of a simple misunderstanding. Takes a man to admit a mistake and a bigger man to shake hands and we are cool now! Please stay an active participant in the threads no big deal I did not get your joke!

:bingo::bingo:

Well, the joke then was on me. :) I honestly did not consider what I said deeply enough. It was meant as good fun, banter between two men who had seen what addiction can do. I saw booze cause nasty stuff. I could easily get lost to that as an addiction myself. Morphine too looks real attractive for me as an addiction.

I know you're no junkie. It was meant as an oxymoron statement. It sure made this ox a moron, though. *chuckles* He stuck his foot right into it. So, I agree that the joke was rather distasteful and not well thought. Darn referees call the whole damn thing a fumble all the way around it seems.

I'll watch myself a little better with humor. Sometimes I do get weird on folks, even myself. "Oh yes, he does," says an alternate me. I'll stay and contribute but also be more cautious. Nearly finished with expanding a one page plot synopsis to a five page one this morning. As somebody that writes, I ought to be more aware of the power of words. Thank you for accepting my apology, I'll learn from it. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ah. :) Sweet blues jazz to still the moment, nice.

Morley now that we are best of buds you can screw with me and I will understand your joking! I have a very thick skin but sometimes it is like a pin and a balloon, just a little prick makes it pop!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morley now that we are best of buds you can screw with me and I will understand your joking! I have a very thick skin but sometimes it is like a pin and a balloon, just a little prick makes it pop!

Ah, good to know that my wife is correct what she says that our younger cat kid says then. Told her that he would come to me and say "pap". She just laughed, "you really need to catoneese better. He's calling you prick, not pap." I never would have thought, but I did consult with my dog Thistle. Thistle said, "yup, why do ya think I don't like him coming round me too much, calls you a prick and eats up all my food." Kind of figured though too,he understands I'm the 'prick' that feeds him. :)

Can understand how it goes. Yesterday was bad for me. I apparently break stuff on purpose and then don't tell anyone about, knowing I've broken it. That to me seemed fully counter productive but it was what I was accused of doing. Sometimes douches need to be douches for whatever reason their puny little douche minds can make up. I ought to have saw it as merely that. Instead it ticked me off enough to not want bother contributing in doing stuff keeping my family safe.

Spoke to wife about and come up with a solution. I'll only use my tools and equipment, not any there for family use, despite the ones for family use possibly being better suited. If that means I do less or not as a good job it doesn't matter because at least I won't be accused of fouling things up for them. They'll only then be able to suggest I'm not doing up to my potential, maybe? Well, they will need to accept what is my capacity and appreciate it or not, if not then yes I'll stop doing. Not like my wife doesn't pay half her annual earnings to support them anyway. I know she and I could live on half what she doles for them. I think we both do quite enough to pitch in and help out. There is more than mowing I do.

Edit: Just to clarify, if I were competent enough to locate and secure work outside the home I would do it in a heart beat. As it is I feel diminished in my capability to maintain a normal 160% given that I once held capability to do. There are various factors which amalgamate to help diminish that capability. Yes, I'm only 44 this year and rightly so, could be called young. Sometimes it is not the years but miles and how the miles are run that add up on the person.

I put, or had put on me, hard run miles when younger and did also find myself playing as hard. And then I am seeing 'times' change and in our new time, seems a lot of douche, lots of stupid are fashionable. I can't tolerate from peers, much less supervisor types. Seen it in both, and it destroys me mentally, emotionally, adding undue stress and drama. Ultimately I get knocked down to doing at best 70-80% and for me that's not good enough. Ergo, I do what I can to help my homestead, try different things I have some talent to do, hope for the best.

So, it's not me copping out per say, shirking anything. I do what I can and do the best I can, last I checked that's all that was expected.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey buddy we still have half the weekend to enjoy, so Fuck Em All, go sit in the sun and have a glass of wine, a beer or an iced tea if that is your speed.

An old boss used to always tell me............ Well it can't get any worse!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey buddy we still have half the weekend to enjoy, so Fuck Em All, go sit in the sun and have a glass of wine, a beer or an iced tea if that is your speed.

An old boss used to always tell me............ Well it can't get any worse!

LOL True, although we got an expression too. "Don't ask how it ..."

I wouldn't mind a good fifteen year old double Scotch over rocks, three only, this evening. I might hammer one and nurse the second one all evening. Situation as it is, I'll be content to drink some root beer, some peach pop.

Yes, I do like adult drinks at times. No, I do not seriously drink. Kind of got old after drinking my dad ( a marine) under the table when I was seventeen. His dumbness trying to teach a kid with a high metabolism to not drink by getting them sickeningly drunk. Joke was on him, I kept on going into the next day. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My days of drinking until the bars closed are way behind me. I remember the days bars stayed open until 4AM and then we went to the after hours places for members only??

I gave up smoking 2005, never smoked a cigarette again, about middle 2010 out of boredom tried vaping since then graduated up to 20mg, on a recent visit to my doctors office discovering a resting pulse of 120 my doc was about to call an ambulance, until I lied and told him I had just drank a lot of expresso earlier, with a warning about the ills of expresso, I went home and immediately cut my stock from 20mg to 12mg, my pulse rate is still too high so playing it by ear, will probably cut it all down to 6mg if necessary, also I have suffered practically all the symptoms listed above for nicotine overdose and never realized what was causing them. So Thank You for the info.

I gave up smoking 2005, never smoked a cigarette again, about middle 2010 out of boredom tried vaping since then graduated up to 20mg, on a recent visit to my doctors office discovering a resting pulse of 120 my doc was about to call an ambulance, until I lied and told him I had just drank a lot of expresso earlier, with a warning about the ills of expresso, I went home and immediately cut my stock from 20mg to 12mg, my pulse rate is still too high so playing it by ear, will probably cut it all down to 6mg if necessary, also I have suffered practically all the symptoms listed above for nicotine overdose and never realized what was causing them. So Thank You for the info.

I am glad you realized it and can fix it, I know how horrible it is, I posted months ago after suffering symptoms for a few weeks, I thought I something was seriously wrong with me until I realized what it was, it's no joke. I was overdosing on 6mg believe it or not so I've switched to 3 and never had any issue...good luck I am glad you we'll start feeling better

MistyLungs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So if you get dizzy to were your head is spinning you have a nicotine OD? i made the mistake of using 12mg liquid in a .28 ohm and the aromamizer which is at .30 ohms at 45 watts. 6mg liquid is much better.

Them Bones

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was a heavy smoker of menthol lights. My friends were vaping at 12mg, and they didn't even smoke. I thought 12mg would be a good starting point. Boy, was I wrong! 12mg was way too high for me, so I went down to 6mg... still too strong. Being a chain smoker, I also became a chain vaper. I have now settled at 1.5mg-3mg. My general rule now is... if I'm driving and get a buzz from vaping, the Nic. level is too high. I now buy some juice at 0mg just so I can drive and vape at any time.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was a heavy smoker of menthol lights. My friends were vaping at 12mg, and they didn't even smoke. I thought 12mg would be a good starting point. Boy, was I wrong! 12mg was way too high for me, so I went down to 6mg... still too strong. Being a chain smoker, I also became a chain vaper. I have now settled at 1.5mg-3mg. My general rule now is... if I'm driving and get a buzz from vaping, the Nic. level is too high. I now buy some juice at 0mg just so I can drive and vape at any time.

That's an excellent point, that the frequency of vaping really does play a huge role in how strong a nic level one needs; when I first started, I used 6mg, because I was still smoking, and even after I quit, I still used 6mg briefly, because my way of dealing with the compulsion to smoke was to vape pretty much constantly, and 12mg made me as sick as 18mg! Once some of the worst of that newness/compulsion wore off, and I vaped frequently but not constantly, I gradually worked my way up to 10mg -- but I couldn't have started that high, with the constant vaping I did at first.

And of course... everyone is different. I smoked for nearly 4 decades, and some of that time, I was smoking 3.5pks a day... but at the time I started vaping, I was only smoking about 15 cigs a day, 3/4pk, and had been smoking ultra-lights for more than 20 yrs, which are much lower in nicotine, so I had little tolerance for nicotine.

Andria

I have Vaped over 10 years and use 3mg. But when I started. e-cigs I used 30mgs. From 4 packs a day but as the technology has become amazing I can't believe anyone who has to use more 12 Mg. Even as high as 16 mg. LOL I WOULD TURN GREEN AND ON A MECH MOD NOOO WAYYYY
I LOVE ALL THE Different CHOICES NOW. MODS ARE SO EFFICIENT HIGH Levels OF NIC. IN MY EXPERIENCE JUST IS TO MUCH. EXAMPLE A FRIEND OF MINE WHO HAS A 2 pack a day addiction tried a smaller older mod with 6mg. Laughing said these things don't work. We all smile and laugh at this point that means you reading this LOL. HE TAKES A HUGE DEEP LUNG HIT. ANY QUESTIONS WHAT HAPPENED HE COUGHED SO HARD AND MUDDLED Holy !>%€. That's strong ever since that vape he now is a very happy and richer person. 15 minutes after his enlightenment We where driving to a vaping lounge. I teach there for free on basic safety when building give out copies of OHMS law explain how, why, and needed tools like a proper ohms meter doing the math and proper coil building and go through the different kinds of coils etc. I do it to pay forward Vaping saved me and I love to help anyone who has and wants to make a switch plus I LOVE doing it myself LOLLL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
10 years ago it was in early development. We would not have had access to it outside of a lab. Pretty sure of that.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep 10 years 10 years ago I was in the Navy and we all got some shore leave and I was walking around and I was in a huge street market and they sell everything lol. I seen a few people at one little booth and what I thought from afar smoking " wrong " vaping " and the 3 men and 2 women were to me smoking only one woman spoke English so we started talking I spent almost 2 hours at that booth but that day changed my life for ever the woman I was talking to I think was the wife or family members of the man who invented the first e-cig to this very day I STILL have the very first e-go's I purchased that day at that time the kit had 4 batteries two top cones charger and a few boxes of black tops and inside I believe polyester not cotton and a bunch of juice a few drop off juice onto the top cap and into cone and at the bottom of the cone was the atomizer so different than now that was the start. In the port off Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LouieAbouassali

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Nicotine Poisoning Symptoms

If you do continue vaping – or if you spill e-juice on your skin and don’t clean it off – then the symptoms could get a bit more serious.

You might experience:

· increased salivation

· sweating

· nausea

· diarrhea

· headaches

· other symptoms like confusion or agitation.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine Poisoning Symptoms

If you do continue vaping – or if you spill e-juice on your skin and don’t clean it off – then the symptoms could get a bit more serious.

You might experience:

· increased salivation

· sweating

· nausea

· diarrhea

· headaches

· other symptoms like confusion or agitation.
Really?? strange, because I have been vaping for 6 years and NEVER experience a single one of those things due to vaping, using both high nic juices and low....good try though.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Really?? strange, because I have been vaping for 6 years and NEVER experience a single one of those things due to vaping, using both high nic juices and low....good try though.

I got nausea and headspins when I tried 18mg and 12mg, when I started... so I laid off vaping for a few minutes, it went away. Since then, I've been DIYing with 100mg... had it on my fingers quite often. Here's a newsflash for the troll: rinse them in cold water, don't lick them! :giggle:

Andria

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got nausea and headspins when I tried 18mg and 12mg, when I started... so I laid off vaping for a few minutes, it went away. Since then, I've been DIYing with 100mg... had it on my fingers quite often. Here's a newsflash for the troll: rinse them in cold water, don't lick them! :giggle:

Andria
i have accidentally dripped 100mg nicotine several times

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i have accidentally dripped 100mg nicotine several times

Yikes. Considering that I find nausea to be A Fate Worse Than Death, I'm glad I've never done that. :D

Andria

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first got the Alien kit, I had the sweats, some nausea, and loose stools when I vaped too much on 3mg nic! However I had already been off the cigs for a few months but seemed to have no problem inhaling the pipe tobacco and Black and Mild cigars my husband caught me doing. The cigar inhaling on wine night was what promted him to buy me that Alien kit. He had no issue with the occasional cigar smoking, but was disturbed by the inhalation. :teehee:. Still it was a good thing because I only smoked 2 times since and it was regretably nasty to my taste buds and the awful taste and smell lingered even after brushing and washing up. :blech:

IMHO, alcohol consumption has a way to make nicotine more desireable and tolerable in large amounts. I would smoke 3 times as much when I used to drink more heavily that a couple glasses of wine.:rolleyes:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I first got the Alien kit, I had the sweats, some nausea, and loose stools when I vaped too much on 3mg nic! However I had already been off the cigs for a few months but seemed to have no problem inhaling the pipe tobacco and Black and Mild cigars my husband caught me doing. The cigar inhaling on wine night was what promted him to buy me that Alien kit. He had no issue with the occasional cigar smoking, but was disturbed by the inhalation. :teehee:. Still it was a good thing because I only smoked 2 times since and it was regretably nasty to my taste buds and the awful taste and smell lingered even after brushing and washing up. :blech:

IMHO, alcohol consumption has a way to make nicotine more desireable and tolerable in large amounts. I would smoke 3 times as much when I used to drink more heavily that a couple glasses of wine.:rolleyes:

Lord yes. When I drank, I woke up so often the next morning feeling like I'd huffed several full ashtrays. :facepalm:

One thing that I've RARELY seen mentioned is that too much PG can bring on diarrhea too. Since I have to use such high PG, this is something I have to be very careful about; I'm ok at 85%, 86%, even 86.5%... but once I push it all the way to 87%, after a couple days, I'm in need of Immodium. :facepalm: It's certainly not the nicotine, at 3mg, 10w tootle-puffing.

Andria

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord yes. When I drank, I woke up so often the next morning feeling like I'd huffed several full ashtrays. :facepalm:

One thing that I've RARELY seen mentioned is that too much PG can bring on diarrhea too. Since I have to use such high PG, this is something I have to be very careful about; I'm ok at 85%, 86%, even 86.5%... but once I push it all the way to 87%, after a couple days, I'm in need of Immodium. :facepalm: It's certainly not the nicotine, at 3mg, 10w tootle-puffing.

Andria
Never thought about the PG, other than discovering that it bothered me in other ways, like coughing and just feeling unwell in general. I was vaping 70VG/30PG and a 50/50 juice when the loose stools were happening to me. lol Now I vape max VG and even add some extra VG to juices.

VU Sponsors