Become a Patron!

SIGNS OF NICOTINE OVERDOSE

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never thought about the PG, other than discovering that it bothered me in other ways, like coughing and just feeling unwell in general. I was vaping 70VG/30PG and a 50/50 juice when the loose stools were happening to me. lol Now I vape max VG and even add some extra VG to juices.

Yeah I guess it's probably a little known effect of the PG, since high-PG vaping has really gone out of style except for those few of us who can't handle much VG... and you really have to push the PG to an extreme, to notice it -- I knew of one or two over at Butthole Central who vaped 90%-100% PG, I wonder if it ever bothered them. Or maybe it's just an individual thing, like the intolerance of this or that. But I recall that someone mentioned it in passing over yonder, when I mentioned how much PG I normally use, and when it hit me, I realized it was probably the 87% PG. Backed off to 85%, and the problem vanished.

Andria

Several variables in motion when trying to figure out how much nic to begin with. Most will use "pen" vaporizers which are not as efficient and will need a higher nic. Sub ohm tanks and/or RDAs are more efficient and need less nic. I have not found a shop that recommends the right amount more than 50% of the time, they seem to follow their own preference. It is better to error on the low side, you can always go up without wasting juice/money.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Several variables in motion when trying to figure out how much nic to begin with. Most will use "pen" vaporizers which are not as efficient and will need a higher nic. Sub ohm tanks and/or RDAs are more efficient and need less nic. I have not found a shop that recommends the right amount more than 50% of the time, they seem to follow their own preference. It is better to error on the low side, you can always go up without wasting juice/money.

I started with a cigalike eRoll, and still had to go all the way down to 6mg before I could vape regularly. Within a few months, I was vaping 10mg from a kayfun... I think the difference is that at first, trying to avoid smoking, I was vaping literally every waking minute... once I calmed down a bit, I ciould handle more nic, even though I was using a far more efficient atomizer -- because I set it down sometimes.

Andria

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone using above 3 in a sub ohm tank is beyond my comprehension :)
At first I couldn't handle 3, but I am dripping 6 mg with coffee at this moment. I went up instead of down... Probably because my husband uses 6 and we share juices. I use 3 as a base and drip 6 several times a day when it would be tough, like coffee time, after meals, when I get stressed and need to chill, or after a long drive.

DailyTrees

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
3MG is the magic number for me! Started with 32MG, the highest I could possibly find and let me just say that stuff will knock you outta your socks.

ive messed up real bad. I was using 16 mg a lot once i got on electronic cigarettes and i am nauseous shaky weak and all messed up right now. Dont know if its nocotine overdose thats really bad or not

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ive messed up real bad. I was using 16 mg a lot once i got on electronic cigarettes and i am nauseous shaky weak and all messed up right now. Dont know if its nocotine overdose thats really bad or not
Stop vaping and eat. You know, food.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Probably just Mother Nature wanting to correct a mistake. Sort of a retroactive abortion. My advice is just go with it. You won't be missed by Big Pharma/tobacco or the FDA.

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SNEpYkF.jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Of course this thread exists.

I've gotten WAY too nic'd out before and gotten some mild nausea and a racing heart, but other than that, not too much problems. That was from the first time I put in dipping tobacco, some Grizzly wintergreen. God damn that stuff was HORRIBLE, but fuck it was STRONG. I told myself never again after that and stuck to the cancer sticks until I finally switched to vaping outright about 4-5 years ago.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree. I started with 24mg and regretted it!!!

I've used 18mg/ml nicotine the whole time vaping. Think I started back in 2013/14 in earnest. Did use some 24 mg/ml stuff in cig-a-likes up to then.

Didn't care for that, nor the cig-a-like design. Went to eGo styled pens at 18mg/ml juice, had a buddy enabling me unto mechanical mods and squonking.

"Psst, you'll love squonking and using rdas. Come on, you can use a mechanical," he would message. After about three months dragging my heels, gave in and tried. Not looked back.

Then too, I smoked for 35 years, used tobacco in other forms w/ that for probably about 40. I do know what nicotine OD is. Experienced it once chewing a knot of pure natural tobacco in GA, from the Cherokee's of GA Powwow.

Not fun being that sick. Not ever felt nicotine OD since, even still using 18mg/ml.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started vaping at 24 mg/ml, and did not overdose. Of course, I paced myself by not taking a hit every few seconds. Its more of taking a puff on an "at need" basis.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I started vaping at 24 mg/ml, and did not overdose. Of course, I paced myself by not taking a hit every few seconds. Its more of taking a puff on an "at need" basis.

Yeah. That's kind of how I do as well. I might hit a few times for a period of say five to ten minutes, then go on a few hours. I usually only end up using about 4 ml of juice per day. See others using 3mg/ml strength using 20-30 ml of juice daily. But that evens out with my daily 72mg of nicotine per day.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For me 3MG or 18MG I still vape the same amount. I guess I am immune to Nicotine?
It might just be that you are not addicted, just as some people do not get addicted to certain drugs, and not everyone becomes an alcoholic.

As for me, I know I am addicted to nicotine. I tried quitting cigs twice before and failed. At least with vaping, I can still satisfy that addiction.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For me 3MG or 18MG I still vape the same amount. I guess I am immune to Nicotine?
It might just be that you are not addicted, just as some people do not get addicted to certain drugs, and not everyone becomes an alcoholic.

Nah. It's just that @SteveS45 is a hyper-caffeinated chipmunk. *grin*

I'm an alcoholic,'s why I don't drink like I once did. Now, I'm nearly tea totaled. Yes, I may have a drink, or two once every so often. More than not though I kind of just nip at it for actual medicinal purposes, cold weather, a "bracer".

I've never been a bar person. What few actual pubs I visited were nice enough. I'm just not an out in public "social" drinker. Rather be home or crashing at a friend's. Although I've recently started having a drink with a supper out. Of course, I don't view that as "drinking" proper. After all I'm nursing a drink with a meal.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nah. It's just that @SteveS45 is a hyper-caffeinated chipmunk. *grin*

I'm an alcoholic,'s why I don't drink like I once did. Now, I'm nearly tea totaled. Yes, I may have a drink, or two once every so often. More than not though I kind of just nip at it for actual medicinal purposes, cold weather, a "bracer".

I've never been a bar person. What few actual pubs I visited were nice enough. I'm just not an out in public "social" drinker. Rather be home or crashing at a friend's. Although I've recently started having a drink with a supper out. Of course, I don't view that as "drinking" proper. After all I'm nursing a drink with a meal.
I used to binge drink. I even drank every day for years. Yet, stopping never had an effect on me. Recreational medicine was the same way. I rarely drink now, because it effects my migraines. I don't touch the other stuff, at least until it becomes legal in my state.

I just can't quit caffeine or nicotine.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

As for me, I know I am addicted to nicotine. I tried quitting cigs twice before and failed. At least with vaping, I can still satisfy that addiction.
There's really no need for anyone to keep confounding nicotine with cigs. When Dr. Neil Benowitz explains nicotine, everyone else shuts up because nobody has studied nicotine more extensively than him. In the documentary movie "You don't know nicotine" (from the same guy who made the documentary movie "A Billion Lives") Dr. Benowitz told the same exact thing I've been telling on here for years. Addiction to nicotine per se, or to nicotine without tobacco has yet to be proven to exist. Basically what that means is, the phrase "nicotine is a highly addictive chemical" ought to be changed to "nicotine addiction is a multibillion dollar lie". Everyone should watch this movie. So here it is: https://knownicotine.com

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
So many topics to touch on here, I won't do them all at once. 30years 1.5-2 packs a day. Here's my opinion of nic sickness.

With nic salt you are less likely to vape yourself sick IMO. People have a tendency to see the 50mg and think that's crazy. But this is usually from an uninformed NON-vaper, or from a long term vapor that is really into big clouds. Salt hits differently, it's not just smoother. It hits in a more direct way, and it's hard to explain. Especially because you absolutely do get satisfaction from freebase, but the uptake is more subtle. With salt it's far easier to gauge your level, JUST like cigarettes. I enjoy both, btw.

FLAVORS can make you sick!!! I don't have any allergies or anything....but VGOD Strawberry made me nauseous. I wasn't nic sick but the flavor itself hits me bad! AND I confirmed this over multiple tries over several days just to be sure. No slight on Vgod though, I love their Sour Apple.

VG and PG can make a difference too. Heavy VG can feel heavy on your lungs especially as a long term former smoker. And PG can feel harsh. I had some very cheap 24mg very high PG freebase from a cheap Chinese tobacco shop that gives killer delivery in a small pod. A bit harsh, but not heavy feeling like high VG. PG has a lighter airier feel that might agree with sensitive stomachs.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Nicotine = If I get the hiccups, I've had to much.
For me it's the first sign that it's time to put the vape down for a while.
Now it only happens when I get eliquid in my mouth. in the beginning I could vape my way to hiccups but I don't vape all day 24/7 like I used to anymore.

VU Sponsors