Become a Patron!

SIGNS OF NICOTINE OVERDOSE

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started out with 24mg nic in a kanger protank, and now I am down to 3mg in a dripper, however I chain vape so much because i drive a truck for a living that yesterday morning I woke up with a really intense migraine. I think it's time to cut down to 1.5mg nic :) at least I DIY so if I want to make 0.97283mg nic, i can do it.
Drinking plenty of water is necessary, as the VG and/or PG dehydrates the Vaper.

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you guys do feel like you might've gotten too much nic, put a teaspoon of sugar on your tongue and suck on it, or drink a can of soda pop. The sugar will help push it through your system faster. ;)
...then cut down on your nic - you probably don't wanna make a habit of it.

Yiffel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you, this list is very helpful, I don't use nicotine but I've got friends who do and I'll be sure to inform them of this.

CurlyMerkin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Started vaping almost 3 moths ago and started with 18mg (vender told me it was about the same as my coveted Camels). It worked GREAT, except the the vape "pen" never finished like an analog cig. I was getting dizzy and tummy aches from over nic-ing. Then I discovered TOP SHELF juice!!! Suicide Bunny's Mothers Milk!! Even though it was over half the nic, I could not put it down. now I am at a happy place with 3mg nic and 6 for tobacco blends. I lover my new hobby/lifestyle!!

CurlyMerkin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first tried vaping about 3 years ago, I used 11mg juice. I went back to cigarettes, then about a year later vaped again with 16mg juice. I went back to cigarettes. Most recently (2 months ago) I just happened to have some 0mg juice and some 21mg patches. A lightbulb went off: "If I regulate my nicotine with the patch and then vape this juice just to be puffing..." Well, it worked. I went from 21mg patches to 14mg patches to 7mg patches and now I'm done with nicotine. I vape purely for flavor and sensation.
You, sir....and my hat is off... Are a GENIUS!!!! I never in a million years would have come up with that solution!! BRAVO!

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I remember back when I was just upgrading from my EVOD Twist to my mech and how I tried dripping 24mg PG dominate juice that had me doubling over in a coughing fit! I could see how easily I could have suffered all of those on your list if I tried dealing with it and kept on. Sometimes when I am over doing it I notice that I get cranky and my belly is not happy for a few minutes and the effects subside rather quickly.

Thanks for the information!

I need help i just started vaping 2 weeks ago and a friend had givin me a bottle i smoked here and there then yesterday i chain vaped like 3ml and finished it and 20 min later im dizzy and its been 13 hours now room is still spinning and i feel like im going to puke but have not yet. I have been drinking water

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After 13 hours you would think that the side effect would have been long worn off from chain vaping.
I am going to go out on a limb and say you're suffering from something else.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What was the nicotine level of that juice? What type of device/tank were you using?

NIMBUS MAXIMUS

Member For 4 Years
I vape 0-nic, and haven't smoked since 2008. So last night I grab my juice and proceed to load the mutation. I get her all juiced up. Fresh battery in the mech. hold the fire button in for a second to get the vapor rolling and proceed to lung hit that sucker hard! The juice was my wife's 6mg nic......... I coughed and gagged as if Ron Jeremy was playing tonsil hockey with me. For about 30 minutes after that, I was ill as a Hornet. I mean I could have killed a puppy with a kitten. So the irritability thing is 100% accurate, for me, at least. Strange. My throat still hurts.

LiftedXJ

vapin pork eating crusader
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yea if I chain vape all day I get well diarrhea..........

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need help i just started vaping 2 weeks ago and a friend had givin me a bottle i smoked here and there then yesterday i chain vaped like 3ml and finished it and 20 min later im dizzy and its been 13 hours now room is still spinning and i feel like im going to puke but have not yet. I have been drinking water
OK, now try drinking a soda (haha not "diet"). If it's nic that's making you sick, the sugar will help push it through your system faster.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first tried vaping about 3 years ago, I used 11mg juice. I went back to cigarettes, then about a year later vaped again with 16mg juice. I went back to cigarettes. Most recently (2 months ago) I just happened to have some 0mg juice and some 21mg patches. A lightbulb went off: "If I regulate my nicotine with the patch and then vape this juice just to be puffing..." Well, it worked. I went from 21mg patches to 14mg patches to 7mg patches and now I'm done with nicotine. I vape purely for flavor and sensation.
Hey all, update on this old post...
I'm just vaping like a regular guy now. 3mg in my sub-ohm RDAs and RTAs, and 9mg in my 1.5-2.0 ohm coil clearomizers...
BUT...it really DOES work to wear a patch and vape zero nicotine, and I might return to that strategy later on...

PickNic Basket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dual-used with 24mg in cartomizers, then clearomizers, then a pro tank.
My girlfriend had already moved on to a mod & subtank, and convinced me to order the same.
When it arrived, I loaded up with 24mg juice. She suggested this might not be a good idea.
But that's what I had, so no big deal, I thought.
First hits, a little rough, but OK. Kept puffing.
"I feel funny," I said.
Then the giggling started.
"Are you OK?"
"I feel...fuzzy." More giggling.
"Maybe you should stop."
"OK." Kept puffing.

I can tell you that the 45 minutes or so of fuzzy giggling was not worth the 6+ hours of stomach pain.

Was not a tobbaco smoker prior to vaping(nicotine helps me focus) and started w/ Greensmoke ecgigs then 3mg, up to 6mg then 12, and briefly 24, back down to 6mg. 6mg is a bit much for how much I like to vape, esp on my sub-ohm setups. I do enjoy the hookah headrush though. Just ordered stuff to start making my own juice so I can keep the nic. low and make however strong of a flavor i want. I've also found I have a sensitivity to PG after awhile.

Smokeless

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't forget nausea!
When I first started vaping I would vape too much at a time. Popped out in a cold sweat and got nausea. I've since learned the rhythm of vaping and what I can handle. I had to slow down. Can totally relate.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was not a tobbaco smoker prior to vaping(nicotine helps me focus) and started w/ Greensmoke ecgigs then 3mg, up to 6mg then 12, and briefly 24, back down to 6mg. 6mg is a bit much for how much I like to vape, esp on my sub-ohm setups. I do enjoy the hookah headrush though. Just ordered stuff to start making my own juice so I can keep the nic. low and make however strong of a flavor i want. I've also found I have a sensitivity to PG after awhile.

Hmmmmmm, that is a new one....LOL, taking up using Nic-juice to focus, did you give any thought to nicotine being addicting when you started using it?
Just curious.......

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm, that is a new one....LOL, taking up using Nic-juice to focus, did you give any thought to nicotine being addicting when you started using it?
Just curious.......
Yup. I've also gotten my caffeine tolerance up to well over a gram a day a couple times, and now usually 200-400mg after a break of little to no caffeine. So, stim addiction I don't have a problem with since I know I can ween myself off. Also have found, as many others, the bigger addiction is the hand-mouth effect. Need to make/get some 0 or ultra low nic to vape while I'm at the computer.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I havent seen a lot of comments on chills...when I started vaping, on more than one occasion I got chills in the middle o the night. Sugar under the tongue resolved.

Last edited:
Not as easy as you think, after all, we are all mostly here because we were addicted to cigarettes and choose to vape as a healthier way to get our nicotine.:) Good luck
TBH, I'm okay with the addiction. I get the effects I want out of it, and the side effects as far as we know are minimal in moderation. It's also been proven that nicotine straight isn't nearly as addictive as the analog as a whole. British health authorities are starting to liken vaping to caffeinated products, and are saying they should be pushed as an alternative for smokers since it is "a fraction of the risk" and is being proven that it is not a gateway to start analogs, even for youth. I have wondered the concerns about regularly raising one's heart rate and blood pressure, but that risk remains with other stimulants as well. I sometimes take asprin if I get a stim headache; as a vasciodialator and blood thinner, it has a noticible effect.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice article, I found it doesn't mention Nicotine much at all though, as in your comment >Nicotine straight isn't nearly as addictive as the analog
That was what I was referring to.

Just started vaping a week ago and the only thing that has happened to me is I'll get the feeling like I took too much Vicodin at once and it will get that "high" feeling for a minute. I'll continue to vape and it will go away after a little bit. Not quite sure if that is a overdose or not.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just started vaping a week ago and the only thing that has happened to me is I'll get the feeling like I took too much Vicodin at once and it will get that "high" feeling for a minute. I'll continue to vape and it will go away after a little bit. Not quite sure if that is a overdose or not.
be careful with V

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get the tingles sometimes when I take over 4 deep kung hits back to back dripping juice with 5 mgs of nic at 75w or so.. They make my arm tingle only for a split second then I get a warm, good feeling all over, knowing my acquired nicotene addiction has been satisfied... A hour or so later I vape some more, as I love that nicotene buzz... But never have I felt sick, dizzy or like I'm gonna puke...and I've been vaping over 3 yrs..

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

amberjustus27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had a bttle of ejuice I gave away cause I was getting a stuufy nose and just not feeling right as soon as I switched I was OK

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Excellent topic
I think much depends on what type of device you are using; when first starting out on a convienient store vape unit 24mg/ml was just fine for me but when I switched to a little better (much better!) vaping device then 12mg/ml was enough to give me bad feelings; hot, little head pounding, little nausea, nothing terribly serious, but like if I had tried to quit smoking for a couple of days then that first smoke. OR ANYTIME trying a bit of smokeless tobacco!
FWIW- I think vaping would be a good alternative for those who chew tobacco too..JMO

nmclemente

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first started I purchased 6mg juice, seeing that is what my boyfriend used to quit smoking. After a week or so I still had the edge of "quitting smoking" and I thought it wasn't strong enough so I bumped up to 12mg. Worst idea. Cold sweats at night, terrible headaches and extreme restless leg syndrome, took me a few days to put two and two together and realized I was taking in way too much nicotine for my body. I switched back to the 6mg and everything has been fine. I realized later that 6mg was working, I was just impatient and thought I wouldn't have any withdrawal from cigarettes. Glad to say I haven't smoked since I switched, just have to learn to be patient or you can really do harm to yourself :(

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Excellent topic
I think much depends on what type of device you are using; when first starting out on a convienient store vape unit 24mg/ml was just fine for me but when I switched to a little better (much better!) vaping device then 12mg/ml was enough to give me bad feelings; hot, little head pounding, little nausea, nothing terribly serious, but like if I had tried to quit smoking for a couple of days then that first smoke. OR ANYTIME trying a bit of smokeless tobacco!
FWIW- I think vaping would be a good alternative for those who chew tobacco too..JMO

I'm on day 21 of no chew. I was about a can a day user. I was a smoker before I was a dipper and still smoked on occasion.

I find the nicotine experience is much different with vaporizing. I don't really get a head buzz, like with smoking a cig after not smoking for a while. And I sure don't get the wave of calmness like a lip of chew. But, if I chain vape a tank of 12mg I do get nausea and a headache, so there's that. Vaping is giving me something to fixate on and so far it's working, but as far as nicotine delivery, I'm still sorta jonesing for my fix.

I now have 6mg in a subohm tank and 12mg in smaller lower powered mini-tank and and drain the batterys on both mods at least once everyday. I imagine I'll use less eventually, but for now it keeps me busy not chewing.

Last edited:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first started I purchased 6mg juice, seeing that is what my boyfriend used to quit smoking. After a week or so I still had the edge of "quitting smoking" and I thought it wasn't strong enough so I bumped up to 12mg. Worst idea. Cold sweats at night, terrible headaches and extreme restless leg syndrome, took me a few days to put two and two together and realized I was taking in way too much nicotine for my body. I switched back to the 6mg and everything has been fine. I realized later that 6mg was working, I was just impatient and thought I wouldn't have any withdrawal from cigarettes. Glad to say I haven't smoked since I switched, just have to learn to be patient or you can really do harm to yourself :(

Bien Venida, Ms Clemente. Have Phun and Vape On!

nmclemente

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm on day 21 of no chew. I was about a can a day user. I was a smoker before I was a dipper and still smoked on occasion.

I find the nicotine experience is much different with vaporizing. I don't really get a head buzz, like with smoking a cig after not smoking for a while. And I sure don't get the wave of calmness like a lip of chew. But, if I chain vape a tank of 12mg I do get nausea and a headache, so there's that. Vaping is giving me something to fixate on and so far it's working, but as far as nicotine delivery, I'm still sorta jonesing for my fix.

I now have 6mg in a subohm tank and 12mg in smaller lower powered mini-tank and and drain the batterys on both mods at least once everyday. I imagine I'll use less eventually, but for now it keeps me busy not chewing.

I've read some articles on people switching from smoking to vaping, and they say you're always going to crave a cigarette as an ex smoker, as it's part of the "addiction" but the act of vaping masks a lot of the craving since it's so similar to smoking. I'm curious how much of that plays a psychological role in switching over to vaping. Glad you've switched over!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

You might want to look into snuff.
I found quitting snus way tougher than stopping dipping, was about the quality of the nic and experience of that sudden onset.
Still use a bump of snuff from time to time to round the edges off the cravings.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I get really hot, easily confused and usually sleepy. Could be worst I guess. I occasionally get nauseated too.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once I stopped that was it. I vaped my ass off but understood the chance of suffocating to death from stinkys was getting less & less every day. I had no cravings at all. Smoked 43 years. :cool:

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You might want to look into snuff.
I found quitting snus way tougher than stopping dipping, was about the quality of the nic and experience of that sudden onset.
Still use a bump of snuff from time to time to round the edges off the cravings.

I've done snuff before, mostly as a novelty or on a dare. It doesn't seem like a good alternative to anything, but I see what you're saying, just using it as a last resort once in a while when you feel like you're about to break. Still, I think I'd opt for a dip or a smoke before I'd go to snorting powdered tobacco.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've done snuff before, mostly as a novelty or on a dare. It doesn't seem like a good alternative to anything, but I see what you're saying, just using it as a last resort once in a while when you feel like you're about to break. Still, I think I'd opt for a dip or a smoke before I'd go to snorting powdered tobacco.
actually it is safer than dipping and beyond safer than smoking esp. if you are trying to quit both of others.

VU Sponsors