Become a Patron!

Smok Alien 220w is pretty awesome

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
One of my friends asked me to order him a blue version and it came with the screen protector, but none of the other ones I've ordered have included it.
56hhcse8eempgpezg.jpg
i have 2. the blue mod only and gold that came in a kit. neither had the protector :(

ellnic

Member For 4 Years
The way I see it, it's most likely one of these things:

1. From the beginning of the first batches they put them in but stopped for the later batches

2. They didn't to start, then agreed that it would be a good idea because the screen scratches easily

3. They always intended to, and have a shortage of them so some batches don't have them

Or

4. It's whatever the packer has to hand and it's pretty much random.

Maybe we could find a correlation between some of the earlier units that had the loose fire button issue and if they did/didn't have the protector... Or, we could drop Smok an email and just straight ask them what's the deal. Might be an easier option. :)

My money is on 2 or 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Unless there's a different screen protector, the one I got was essentially a protector installed for shipping that easily peeled off. It wasn't all that attractive and rather than staring at it as the edges lifted up, I just yanked it. If I do decide a protector is a good idea, I'll get one for a cellphone and trim it. Those are proper protectors, not what came on my unit.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Unless there's a different screen protector, the one I got was essentially a protector installed for shipping that easily peeled off. It wasn't all that attractive and rather than staring at it as the edges lifted up, I just yanked it. If I do decide a protector is a good idea, I'll get one for a cellphone and trim it. Those are proper protectors, not what came on my unit.
there is a different one some people got that is like the kind you get for your cell phone.

The way I see it, it's most likely one of these things:

1. From the beginning of the first batches they put them in but stopped for the later batches

2. They didn't to start, then agreed that it would be a good idea because the screen scratches easily

3. They always intended to, and have a shortage of them so some batches don't have them

Or

4. It's whatever the packer has to hand and it's pretty much random.

Maybe we could find a correlation between some of the earlier units that had the loose fire button issue and if they did/didn't have the protector... Or, we could drop Smok an email and just straight ask them what's the deal. Might be an easier option. :)

My money is on 2 or 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My theories run along the lines of SMOK not anticipating the level of demand for this mod as evidence of the preorders and backorders so they're in a frenzy to ship the units out ASAP which leads to cutting corners and/or forgoing QC checks... not that China has a very strict QC standard anyway. I'm not that worried about the screen protector personally because I doubt I would even use it. I typically keep my Alien in a hard shell, padded case when I take it to work. Unless I know I'm going to a place where vaping with big clouds isn't going to ruffle feathers I often take my Aspire Plato all-in-one mod with me as the tank is more protected and the unit and vapor production is more discreet.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Unless I know I'm going to a place where vaping with big clouds isn't going to ruffle feathers I often take my Aspire Plato all-in-one mod with me as the tank is more protected and the unit and vapor production is more discreet.

I do the same for travel with a higher nic juice. It's nice to be able to stealth vape just about anywhere, and the internal tank is well protected. I haven't had a single leak either and I just toss it in a pocket. I am, however, quite happy when I come back to my mods and RTAs without worry of someone flipping out at all the "smoke".

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so that eBay seller who sold a boat load of alien kits for under $30 stopped selling and was banned from ebay. opened a claim yesterday and already have my money back. what a loser for doing that, I bet he sold a bunch of the last months and ran off with the money, the Chinese government won't put up with that nonsense. wouldn't it be weird of the kit did show up at the end of the year? I highly doubt it because they didn't even provide tracking.

Sent from a phone

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
so that eBay seller who sold a boat load of alien kits for under $30 stopped selling and was banned from ebay. opened a claim yesterday and already have my money back. what a loser for doing that, I bet he sold a bunch of the last months and ran off with the money, the Chinese government won't put up with that nonsense. wouldn't it be weird of the kit did show up at the end of the year? I highly doubt it because they didn't even provide tracking.

Sent from a phone
pretty much what we all thought was gonna happen lol

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is there a stealth mode on the Alien? If so, how do you turn it off? Either I accidentally put it in stealth mode or my screen is fried.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Is there a stealth mode on the Alien? If so, how do you turn it off? Either I accidentally put it in stealth mode or my screen is fried.

There is a stealth mode you can get in to by 3 clicks of the fire button and following the menus, under Settings, to turn stealth mode on. Try 3 fast clicks on the fire button and see if that brings up the menus to make your selection.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is a stealth mode you can get in to by 3 clicks of the fire button and following the menus, under Settings, to turn stealth mode on. Try 3 fast clicks on the fire button and see if that brings up the menus to make your selection.
I can't see my screen. Tried the 3 clicks. May have brought up the menu but I can't see it. I guess my screen is shot. Bummer. First mod I have bought that has died on me. Thanks for responding.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I can't see my screen. Tried the 3 clicks. May have brought up the menu but I can't see it. I guess my screen is shot. Bummer. First mod I have bought that has died on me. Thanks for responding.
i doubt it's dead. check the user manual, there will likely be a shortcut to turn stealth mode on and off

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i can check when i get home.
Don't bother. I am now getting a garbled screen occasionally. Definitely the screen is shot. I have only had it for a week so will try to return it. Trouble is that I bought it from China. Too bad as I really like this mod.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Don't bother. I am now getting a garbled screen occasionally. Definitely the screen is shot. I have only had it for a week so will try to return it. Trouble is that I bought it from China. Too bad as I really like this mod.
dam that really sucks :(

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
First time in 3 years that I have had issues with a mod. Guess it had to happen some time!
thats not a bad average. i had 3 mods this year with issues. luckily 2 were taken care of by the vendor (1 exchange for same item and 1 return for store credit) and 1 that was repaired under warranty by the manufacturer. my aliens have given me no issues at all

Tar Heel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a question about the Alien. Is the "gray" and "gun metal" colors the same?
Some sites call it "gun metal" some call it "black" some call it "gray" and I'm confused, I only want to buy the "gun metal" one.
Oh and has anyone bought one from VaporDNA?
Thanks for your help!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have a question about the Alien. Is the "gray" and "gun metal" colors the same?
Some sites call it "gun metal" some call it "black" some call it "gray" and I'm confused, I only want to buy the "gun metal" one.
Thanks for your help!
Check the smok official site. They show all the colors by name side by side

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for your help!
Not all sites go by the "official" Smok color designations. Shoot your vendor an email to be sure you're ordering what you think you're ordering.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK peeps cough it up! Where is the deals on this model as a kit? Someone told me about it at vapordna with ten bucks off but only one color available

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I seen it for 40 bucks for the kit

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
nice! i'm gonna check on that.. only looking for the mod .. but at that price hard to pass up.
Never hurts to have another tank. And it's a good tank. Or you can always sell or trade the tank

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Best price I got was on a flash sale on Ecig for $37 for the mod (with 2 LG batteries). No tank though, so $40 is still a solid deal.
I got the same one. And the gold kit for 55. So 40 is a steal for the kit

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
OK link is working now, so hopefully it's a decent color like grey, or gold and not the stupid red. hopefully not silver as I just found out silver is just cheap aluminium painted silver. too bad it didn't come out stainless steel

I've got 5 on it!
Looks like it'll be white/red and black/gold

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
if I read the description right it's 1 per customer? my ass is staying up till 12pm tonight!

I've got 5 on it!
Yup 1 item per customer. It's on a timer they have deals for morning afternoon and evening. I'm pretty much done already though lol.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup 1 item per customer. It's on a timer they have deals for morning afternoon and evening. I'm pretty much done already though lol.

yeah I seen your stock pile! u should make that ur main pic or signature.
pm me the pic when u get a change, I gotta see all the cool toys you have!

I've got 5 on it!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

VU Sponsors