Become a Patron!

Smok Alien 220w is pretty awesome

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
flavor comes from the coil though as does the wattage as long as you have air to support it. a single clapton on the baby beast would give a better flavor then dual regular coils

If you take a single coil RDA and placed the air inlet directly in front of the coil and the gradually move the inlet around until it is opposite the coil, you will find that flavor diminishes and throat hit increases. Also if you have a large chamber designed for duals or large fancy coils and you place a single coil in it, the single doesn't produce as much vapor and it becomes diluted by too much air before it is drawn I to your mouth. Too much airflow can be just as bad as not enough.
That is what made the Kayfun's so flavorful. Small chambers so that the vapor became dense and thus flavorful.
There's even more to it all, but I'm typing on my phone now, Lola.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If you take a single coil RDA and placed the air inlet directly in front of the coil and the gradually move the inlet around until it is opposite the coil, you will find that flavor diminishes and throat hit increases. Also if you have a large chamber designed for duals or large fancy coils and you place a single coil in it, the single doesn't produce as much vapor and it becomes diluted by too much air before it is drawn I to your mouth. Too much airflow can be just as bad as not enough.
That is what made the Kayfun's so flavorful. Small chambers so that the vapor became dense and thus flavorful.
There's even more to it all, but I'm typing on my phone now, Lola.

true but it's the type of coil. a regular coil won't produces enough vapor in a big chamber for good flavor, but a single clapton, alien, etc will produce more then enough to fill the chamber and give great flavor. I'd even argue a single clapton would do better then a dual regular coil build

Isn't the kayfun a "mtl" rta tank? Or that's my impression from reading about it

yes it is. I used one back in the days

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
true but it's the type of coil. a regular coil won't produces enough vapor in a big chamber for good flavor, but a single clapton, alien, etc will produce more then enough to fill the chamber and give great flavor. I'd even argue a single clapton would do better then a dual regular coil build

yes it is. I used one back in the days

That is more to do with surface area. A single clapton has more surface area than a pair of standard duals and is producing more vapor. Same principle of producing enough vapor for the chamber.
I also wasn't addressing the possibility of using single claptons and such because we were talking about a novice who wanted to begin rebuilding. I could be wrong, but I assumed he wasn't going to making claptons, hives, zippers, or caterpillar claptons. Lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That is more to do with surface area. A single clapton has more surface area than a pair of standard duals and is producing more vapor. Same principle of producing enough vapor for the chamber.
I also wasn't addressing the possibility of using single claptons and such because we were talking about a novice who wanted to begin rebuilding. I could be wrong, but I assumed he wasn't going to making claptons, hives, zippers, or caterpillar claptons. Lol
IDK a lot of people (like myself) Just buy them. it's easy and cheap to buy fancy wire now. I agree with what you say cause you are right. I'm just saying that dual coil decks can be built single coil style with no issue, as long as the builder can have a coil that produces enough vapor to match the airflow

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IDK a lot of people (like myself) Just buy them. it's easy and cheap to buy fancy wire now. I agree with what you say cause you are right. I'm just saying that dual coil decks can be built single coil style with no issue, as long as the builder can have a coil that produces enough vapor to match the airflow

Most of the time you can, not always, but you're right most of the time you can.
We were also putting the variables of conserving liquid and battery (admittedly I threw the battery part in) into the equation. There comes a point where forcing a single coil to fill the chamber meant for a dual becomes prohibitive. Meaning most times, a single Clapton will do just as well as regular duals, but it does so by burning more liquid than just using the regular duals to begin with.
It's a balancing act to try and find that sweet spot, but when you do it's great. It's so great you hate to have to re wick or dry burn or do anything at all that might upset that perfect balance. Hell, half the time you hold your breath and try not to fart when refilling just so you don't upset the vape gods.
Kinda like the dance we used to do while holding our mouth just right while turning circles counter-clockwise in order to bottom fill a kayfun without it flooding and leaking, lol.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Orange one is available at Ecig-city if any of you were looking for it... Got an e-mail from them today in regards to the Alien.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
track it? vapemail is always exciting but a big let down when it doesn't show up

My big let down comes when after I play with my new shiny mod for a few minutes I realize that it does the same thing my other 50 mods do............
And yet I still have to keep buying them. I mean I just bought a Pico Mega kit cause it was on sale REALLY cheap, then I bought a Nugget and a Nugget V2 to use as a new stealth mod, but they don't play well with stainless steel so I gave them away and bought an Evic Basic to replace them. Then I had to buy new Serpent Mini to go on top of it, then a Goblin Mini V3 cause it does stealth and full size. Then I just bought my Alien kit (got the kit because I found it cheaper than just mod anywhere else), and of course I had to buy the RBA's for all the tanks that came in the kits. Then I got a 10% off code for buying the Alien and so I HAD to use it up so I pre ordered the Smok G Priv.
Hell, I'm a low wattage vaper, I don't even need dual battery mods!

I'm Trix and I'm a vape gear-aholic. :confused:

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Orange one is available at Ecig-city if any of you were looking for it... Got an e-mail from them today in regards to the Alien.

The gunmetal and silver are available at ecigaretteempire.com

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My big let down comes when after I play with my new shiny mod for a few minutes I realize that it does the same thing my other 50 mods do............
And yet I still have to keep buying them. I mean I just bought a Pico Mega kit cause it was on sale REALLY cheap, then I bought a Nugget and a Nugget V2 to use as a new stealth mod, but they don't play well with stainless steel so I gave them away and bought an Evic Basic to replace them. Then I had to buy new Serpent Mini to go on top of it, then a Goblin Mini V3 cause it does stealth and full size. Then I just bought my Alien kit (got the kit because I found it cheaper than just mod anywhere else), and of course I had to buy the RBA's for all the tanks that came in the kits. Then I got a 10% off code for buying the Alien and so I HAD to use it up so I pre ordered the Smok G Priv.
Hell, I'm a low wattage vaper, I don't even need dual battery mods!

I'm Trix and I'm a vape gear-aholic. :confused:
lol the addicting life of vaping.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ok back to what this thread is about lol it's almost quitting time and fingers are crossed my alien is awaiting me upon my arrival lol

Back to what it's about? You and your Alien? How dare I forget that this was all about you! shame on me. I'll go stand in the corner now.

J/K, let us know if it comes. I hope the neighbor's dog didn't pee on it or anything.............

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i know. i've spent way more on vaping then i ever did with dipping but w/e at least I'm not getting cancer

Exactly. And there's nothing wrong with community college. My kids didn't really need to go to an Ivy league school.
I'll get the electricity turned back on......eventually. I mean, we've got an extension cord run from the neighbors house to plug in my charger for my mods. Isn't that enough? Geez..........

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't trust that at all lol. by the time you don't get it you can't file a complaint because it's been too long lol
Yep guys got like 5 sales under his belt. I'll pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's another one of those sellers who takes a bunch of orders then buys them from a Chinese vendor and has them shipped directly to the buyer.
You'll also note that it said buyer is responsible for all duties, tariffs, or customs fees which are not included in selling price.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
track it? vapemail is always exciting but a big let down when it doesn't show up
It was tracked and said in route to delivery. Well I got home checked the mailbox nothing. Checked the ground by the mailbox nothing. Checked the neighbors mailbox. Nothing. Checked besides the front patio. Nothing. Alas.... guess tomorrow it might get here.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It was tracked and said in route to delivery. Well I got home checked the mailbox nothing. Checked the ground by the mailbox nothing. Checked the neighbors mailbox. Nothing. Checked besides the front patio. Nothing. Alas.... guess tomorrow it might get here.

Sorry. Man that sux!
Who was the carrier? My orders will usually say "in route" when it's on its way to my town, "out for delivery" when it's on the truck going to be delivered that day.
If UPS was the carrier, they deliver as late as 7 p.m. everywhere and as late as 8 p.m. in some areas. Roughly.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's USPS. It's all good. I waited this long what another day right lol I kinda figured it'd be another day. The last two packages I ordered was the same way. They load their postal trucks the day before delivery so it's on some postal workers vehicle for the night lol

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess were just gonna have to stage a rescue mission, and retrieve your Alien friend from that cold, dark, lonely storage facility.
Can't have him staying out all night without someone to fire his atty for warmth. It's just inhuman.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My USPS stuff always says "out for delivery" when it's actually on its way to my house.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
smok alien kit for under $30
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/302131845336
I bought one, hurry! 2 left

Sent from a phone

Keep us updated though. If you actually get an Alien Kit for $30 by the end of the month, that would be very cool indeed. If it doesn't come until Jan. 2nd then happy New Year I guess.
I didn't see a spot to choose a color though, did I just overlook it?

Nikodeemus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Keep us updated though. If you actually get an Alien Kit for $30 by the end of the month, that would be very cool indeed. If it doesn't come until Jan. 2nd then happy New Year I guess.
I was thinking the same thing....would be nice to have the option to select color.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it can't always be silver lol
that's true.
well I hope whatever I ordered is something other than red, but for 30 bucks I can't complain! the seller sold many more in the past but I'll bet it's super slow shipping.

Sent from a phone

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rub it in why don't you :gaah:

I already have my Alien but I did get :vapemail:.
4 RDA's I didn't need, didn't want, and have no use for, lol.

And in case you forgot...............If you had ordered from the website I told you to, you would not only have gotten the color you originally wanted, but you'd be vaping on that bad boy right now! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Oh yeah, It was cheaper too!

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
that's true.
well I hope whatever I ordered is something other than red, but for 30 bucks I can't complain! the seller sold many more in the past but I'll bet it's super slow shipping.

Sent from a phone

Sold many more? It said he sold 2. He does still have one left if you're interested vapingunknown. It might even get here before the first one you ordered! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sold many more? It said he sold 2. He does still have one left if you're interested vapingunknown. It might even get here before the first one you ordered! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
go to completed listings. he sold half a dozen

Sent from a phone

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Man, they couldn't keep us off of this thread yesterday, and today I'm not sure they could pay anyone to get on it. lol

Shortfuse12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpeg Not to hijack this thread so current set up is going to be a gold alien mod with 2x lg 18650, petri sub ohm and vaporesso .5 ohm coil. With the said set up anything I should be worried about?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nope i did not see a color, this seller does not communicate lol
I have a feeling that the kits he sold in the past are also MIA.
These kits sell for about $50 even in china so i dont know how or why this seller is selling them that low of a price.
with eBay now a buyer has "Buyer protection" even some jerkoffs will use buyer protection even tho they didnt get ripped off. I am a power seller on eBay and have had a few major rip offs, sold $500 items and the buyer played a stupid game and burned me sending me back a box of rocks. eBay is sketchy when you sell there especially when selling to people in China, Thailand etc CC fraud etc.

Back on topic;
If the kit never arrives ill just hit up ebay and they will contact the seller if he doesnt comply with proof of shipping hell have to refund me.
If you go to completed listings for this guy he has sold 5 +1 the one I bought no feedback yet for him on if those who purchased actually got there smok Alien kit or not. Back in the day on eBay it used to be if you got screwed buying from china you just eat it, now there is so many policys and Paypal is actually there to help you

VU Sponsors