Become a Patron!

So You Wanna Be a Moderator???

Selena Fan

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I'm tempted to feel slightly upset.

Are you ever going to divulge what you're an "unlisted vendor" for?
Or do anything besides bump years dead threads just to post an emoji, or single word response?

Surely there must be active threads here you'd enjoy participating in.
Do you even vape?
I'm new here and also a new vaper...

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm new here and also a new vaper...

Well, at least we drew you out of your shell. That's the most you've posted in two days. ;)

This isn't the thread for it though, so please... have a look around and join in on some threads about whatever you're using now, or vape gear you're interested in.

See you there (wherever "there" is). :p

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In short, the best way to be considered for the team is to be present, active, helpful and friendly.... and to represent the values that shape this forum: freedom, fairness, and reasonability.

Hey T... Joe.
I understand that y'all have declared that POLITICS ENDS NOW.
But it hasn't.

One of your moderators controlling VUBot continues to puke out nasty anti Trump / anti conservative political garbage.

A few examples....
This is one of the most dangerous things Trump has done as President

NYT Reporter Names Obama DNC Moment Thatll Enrage Trump The Most

Trump, Addressing Far-Right QAnon Conspiracy, Offers Praise For Its Followers

Whats really going on with the Lincoln Project, the anti-Trump PAC thats pissing off lots of people

Sean Hannity has reportedly privately admitted he thinks Trump is a 'bats--- crazy person'

Obama's Devastating Convention Speech Made Trump Break His Caps Lock Key

I notice this obvious leftist mod-bot is also anonymous AND shuts down members' ability to respond!!!
Not only is this cowardly, but it clearly runs afoul of Joe's recent 'no politics' rule.

So to recap... we don't know who it is and we're not allowed to comment... <koff koff ecf nazi koff>
So I'm commenting here... This is difficult to understand for me. (and probably others)
This is one of the forum moderators who is evidently the only one on this forum who is permitted to post their liberal garbage lying political vomit.
Other opinions are not permitted.

I'm talking to you VU modbot. You post lies. And I hate damned liars... especially ones in positions of influence.

Here's another one...
The Trump Campaign Accepted Russian Help to Win in 2016. Case Closed.
You are a ****ing liar modbot.

Have the balls to identify yourself. Or better yet, stfu about your commie politics and obey the rules like the rest of us.
It's not the No Pol rule that bothers me; it's that you're so dam special, the rules don't apply to you.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey T... Joe.
But it hasn't.

One of your moderators controlling VUBot continues to puke out nasty anti Trump / anti conservative political garbage.

A few examples....

Whats really going on with the Lincoln Project, the anti-Trump PAC thats pissing off lots of people

Sean Hannity has reportedly privately admitted he thinks Trump is a 'bats--- crazy person'

I notice this obvious leftist mod-bot is also anonymous AND shuts down members' ability to respond!!!
Not only is this cowardly, but it clearly runs afoul of Joe's recent 'no politics' rule.

So to recap... we don't know who it is and we're not allowed to comment... <koff koff ecf nazi koff>
So I'm commenting here... This is difficult to understand for me. (and probably others)
This is one of the forum moderators who is evidently the only one on this forum who is permitted to post their liberal garbage lying political vomit.

I'm talking to you VU modbot. You post lies. And I hate damned liars... especially ones in positions of influence.

Here's another one...

Have the balls to identify yourself. Or better yet, stfu about your commie politics and obey the rules like the rest of us.
It's not the No Pol rule that bothers me; it's that you're so dam special, the rules don't apply to you.

Look at this filth posted by same "mod"

YEAIN Male Anal Plug Vibrator Prostate Massager

Yunman Male Delaying I am a spammer ban me Cock Ring Penis Training Vibrator

This is only a small sampling!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The profile says staff member. Someone has to program it.

I agree with this and the point made regarding political discussion. If the rule is no one is to discuss politics. Letting a staff member do so while users can not is a double standard. It is either one way or another for all across the board, no double standards.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if the real complaint about the bot is not that it posts political stuff but disables replies?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I wonder if the real complaint about the bot is not that it posts political stuff but disables replies?

Does it really matter? when some folks can and will complain and see conspiracies and inequity in EVERYTHING?

I'm getting to the point that I don't give a flying shit any more. This fight is getting damn old, damn quick.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it really matter? when some folks can and will complain and see conspiracies and inequity in EVERYTHING?

I'm getting to the point that I don't give a flying shit any more. This fight is getting damn old, damn quick.
Yep when it is just scattered nutjobs it is not so bad but organized nutjobs with guns and such...

Speaking of which did you hear that all those genetically modified mosquitoes to be released in FL will inject people they bite with mind controlling nano chips?

BWAHAHA

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Are replies to it disabled?

I used to see people try to engage and post replies to VUBot in the past

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Forgive me if I am wrong, but I believe this conversation could be taken elsewhere.

A heated discussion about a rogue bot derails the purpose of this thread. IMHO

Sent from a Bar across town.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure thing. consider the subject abandoned by me as it just provided some chuckles for me and no angst :)

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey T... Joe.
But it hasn't.

A few examples....

Here's another one...

Oh my..... where do I start?
First off, no.... we're doing more to stay on focus here, so politics got showed the door, yes..... we're not going to penalize anyone for saying general stuff in the natural flow of conversation, we're avoiding the deep threads that are dedicated to incendiary topics. Less of a rule and more of an ethos, really. Yes, that includes staff.

Now.... a primer on automation..... bot is short for robot, and that's fitting, since a bot is designed to do a specific job, automatically, with no input (other than initial instructions) from anyone.... just as a robot is designed to do so, but has corporeal form, if one can say that of a non-living thing.

VUBot gleans information it deems of interest to the forum. It follows the same set of directives it has followed since it was installed. It does so with no moderator at its helm; so although the mental image of a staffer manipulating a joystick and clicking with maniacal glee is quite entertaining, reality boasts no such thing.

If VUBot has started to lean a little Marxist in its ramblings, please accept my apology on behalf of the staff. Perhaps it's been listening to the mainstream media a little too much and needs its media priveleges curtailed. Perhaps its settings merely need a little tweaking. I'll discuss it with the technical wizards behind the scenes and see what can be done.

But if it's an anti-Trump, leftist, communist conspiracy you were looking to unearth, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Stay sassy, SharkBait :inlove:

Tyger~

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll discuss it with the technical wizards behind the scenes and see what can be done.

But if it's an anti-Trump, leftist, communist conspiracy you were looking to unearth, I'm sorry to disappoint you.
Stay sassy, SharkBait :inlove:

Tyger~

I have missed you T. :) :vino:

VU Sponsors