inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I gotz Vapemailz!!

1) Wasp Nano.
Fail. Came with no BF pin. It IS supposed to have one.
It will fit a couple skinnier drip tips - which is good, as several people said they liked it but with no tip it was "lips to coil"...

2) The Adkven GORGE.
Ok. Damn.
I'm digging this one. It's early...but first impression - this is what I had hoped the O-atty would be.
For reals.

-- STUPID easy to build with a single - first atty where I went, "duh, just take the big fat grub screws out, and the coil literally will just lay there, legs in slots, while I put them back in". And yep - that worked just fine. With the little (not blue!!) driver they thoughtfully provided.
-- Good squonk action. NOTE - there's a little grub screw IN the bottom pin - you remove it to squonk. Obviously the hole is above deck, it won't be draining completely. But It's not a massive well...so far, I'm just fine with some more vaping per squonk than some of my other atties...
-- AIRFLOW is horizontal slot, angled path, right at the coil. Simple, smart, coil goes straight, airpath angles (as opposed to say a Narda, where you angle the coil, because the airflow is straight and you need the wick to reach the well). It is pretty airy. You can close it down - but only in one direction - if you turn the other way, you hit open-wall area. Again, compare to Narda - it's like when you run the air in the open slot and bypass the intended airflow thingy - except in this atty, I think you really want the air going through the slot - it's aimed right at the coil.

View attachment 81068

-- As a bonus, a couple Goon driptips I have fit it nicely. Which is good because,
a) They don't fit my goon (I have a 22 Goon authentic, and I shelved a crappy 24mm clone)
and b) It's pretty airy with the chuff - I think I like the slight restriction of the pictured tip a bit better

View attachment 81069

I like mechs, so I keep mass pretty minimal. And I can't vape SS. And I need some thicker Ni.
So this is a simple spaced, 3mm, 24 gauge kanthal coil at about 0.5 ohms.
Nice Train, I'll put those attys on the list....!

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with Train on the Gorge. I have two, and I'm about to cart 3 more. You can affect airflow a bit with your builds too. I'm running 4mm coils which restricts the airflow a touch. I think it's a winner.

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 2F vapemail (the order I placed on 4-16 and was received by laospost on 4-17) arrived today. :vapemail:

Unlike the few orders I've made from 3F, I had to sign for it. (Like Fasttech)

Ron
---
"Sun is shining. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet."- Bob Marley

Glad you got yours. I finally gave up on my order from 2Fdeal that I made on 4-5. It sat in China for 3 weeks with no sign of ever leaving. I made the same order with 3Fvape on Friday. As soon as I did that the 2Fdeal order finally left China. :facepalm:

O well, I guess I'll have some backup Shenray Hadaly clones.

Chris

Hawki

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
3f vape has a new bf mod the galactica. Looks pretty risky. What do you folks think.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, holy crap - I've been looking and looking trying to find a place to get more details and maybe buy an authentic Galaktica - and they're out of stock mostly - and when IN stock, they're like 200 Euros, from Italy...

I'm gonna have to go check that out!!

:) Second thoughts - hmmm.
I have a Galactika. It's awesome, and I think I may want another.
But a clone...not delrin, and likely a crappy 510...to ME smells like a letdown.
I think SOMEONE shouldl try one - but I'm probably gonna stay on the hunt for an authentic.
:)

3f vape has a new bf mod the galactica. Looks pretty risky. What do you folks think.

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, holy crap - I've been looking and looking trying to find a place to get more details and maybe buy an authentic Galaktica - and they're out of stock mostly - and when IN stock, they're like 200 Euros, from Italy...

I'm gonna have to go check that out!!

:) Second thoughts - hmmm.
I have a Galactika. It's awesome, and I think I may want another.
But a clone...not delrin, and likely a crappy 510...to ME smells like a letdown.
I think SOMEONE shouldl try one - but I'm probably gonna stay on the hunt for an authentic.
:)
So, you have it? You like it? Better than FrankenKlone?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh you're asking the wrong guy.
I superglued the door on my Frankenfake and turned it into a cat toy. That piece of shit bottle should rattle around nicely inside when we play kitty-hockey with it (haven't given it to him yet - he just got his chew-ducky from Fasttech yesterday!).
:D

I have a Galactika Vega, which is a high quality solid-feeling Delrin mech box. Most of them black or white, various doors including CF.
As a tribute to his work, they're quite similar to the @minimalsaint finished Orcas!
A bit taller, spring under battery contact, and I'm liking their 510 (I'm getting some seeping with the Varitube).

This Hidra is a newer Galactika model - haven't tried one...
Here's a couple googlepics of a Vega - mine's exactly like the top one...

vega-white-d.jpg

vega-cloud-v2-1-box-par-galactika-4.jpg

So, you have it? You like it? Better than FrankenKlone?

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I like the way that circuit is designed, train. It's simple & robust.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Agreed.
It's a solid mod - just not easy to find 'em...unless you're in italy. Looks like they're a pretty popular brand in Italy...

I like the way that circuit is designed, train. It's simple & robust.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've pretty much had it with the cheap FT replacement bottles for the Wraith! Could someone please, please tell me what bottles to get, and where from?

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered the Galactika clone from 3Fvape. Should ship in 3 to 7 days. Pics look like it could be well made. Hope it's decent for $28.Also bought an SXK notoy clone from the classifieds. I'm just about over the cold I've been dealing with for a week,so by the time everything gets here I should be able to taste again.I've got 280mls of new juices sitting here I really have been wanting to try.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So has anyone figured out how to keep that cheap shit tubing included in the latest batch of Italian bottles from splitting when you try to attach it to the hollow rod?

These things have been awful

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So has anyone figured out how to keep that cheap shit tubing included in the latest batch of Italian bottles from splitting when you try to attach it to the hollow rod?

These things have been awful
Replace it with http://www.ebay.com/itm/141787614650?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D141787614650%26_rdc%3D1]Silicone Vacuum Food Grade Translucent Tube Water Pump Hose

You'll want the 4mm OD.

Rumor has it that they also need an o-ring to keep the juice in as the old pinch & squeeze fix isn't working. You'll want
#5 which are 3/8" od x 1/4" id x 1/16 thick.

The quality control guy over there needs to be spanked. The originals were great & I wish I'd accumulated another dozen at he time.

PS- sorry I couldn't get the ebay link to work. What did I do that was wrong?

Last edited:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Too much stuff in the link...
This should work.

oops, out of stock...

Replace it with http://www.ebay.com/itm/141787614650?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D141787614650%26_rdc%3D1]Silicone Vacuum Food Grade Translucent Tube Water Pump Hose

You'll want the 4mm OD.

Rumor has it that they also need an o-ring to keep the juice in as the old pinch & squeeze fix isn't working. You'll want

The quality control guy over there needs to be spanked. The originals were great & I wish I'd accumulated another dozen at he time.

PS- sorry I couldn't get the ebay link to work. What did I do that was wrong?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dot Mod has some of those Lukkos Silk bottles. But to try a couple, it would be like $20 each.
Last time I got a pricey bottle, I hated it, so....I guess not.
Anyone spot a US vendor for the Lukkos bottles, so shipping isn't so mucha factor, please let me know!

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

yep, I ended up buying a pack of Danco #5 at Lowes and they've sealed my bottles up tight.

now if only I could find the leak in the 510 on my mod (broken it down a few times and still get seepage)

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dot Mod has some of those Lukkos Silk bottles. But to try a couple, it would be like $20 each.
Last time I got a pricey bottle, I hated it, so....I guess not.
Anyone spot a US vendor for the Lukkos bottles, so shipping isn't so mucha factor, please let me know!

Ordered 3 :facepalm:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yep, I ended up buying a pack of Danco #5 at Lowes and they've sealed my bottles up tight.

now if only I could find the leak in the 510 on my mod (broken it down a few times and still get seepage)

What 510 is giving you trouble?

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Veritube.

I believe it's the insulator on it but every thing I've tried has still let it piss into th mod

I'm willing to bet your little red o-ring under the head of the 510 pin is either kinked, ripped or missing.
Maybe when you tighten your atty the o-ring isn't seating properly...
Pics?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The idea of extra juice is very appealing

Have the Cthulhlu RDTA that squonks, not overly impressed so far
I have the Gaia also... The upside I found to it, is that it's great with a bigger build and alot of power. The downside for me is that it almost requires a build like that to really perform well for me.
-oh and I hate the side airflow on it. It seems to lose all of it's flavor once that starts to open.

BAM crew

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have the Gaia also... The upside I found to it, is that it's great with a bigger build and alot of power. The downside for me is that it almost requires a build like that to really perform well for me.
-oh and I hate the side airflow on it. It seems to lose all of it's flavor once that starts to open.

BAM crew

The airflow is what was killing it for me - will have to play with it more once I can start building again

It wasn't a terrible vape out of the chute, but not a great one either

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The airflow is what was killing it for me - will have to play with it more once I can start building again

I like some air.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I like some air.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

It reminds me (and others too) of the Velocity, which I never like either. But then I only had a clone of the Velocity

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I use mine with a dual 26gx2/32g fused Clapton. I keep the side fully shut and the bottom wide open around 90-100w.

I tried with just regular 24g and I don't know if the chamber is to big for that or what but it was pretty terrible

BAM crew

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I use mine with a dual 26gx2/32g fused Clapton. I keep the side fully shut and the bottom wide open around 90-100w.

I tried with just regular 24g and I don't know if the chamber is to big for that or what but it was pretty terrible

BAM crew

I think I used 26G regular SS - can't remember now but I did build large, like 3.5 ID

It was just mediocre and I hated the air, even with the top shut

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think I used 26G regular SS - can't remember now but I did build large, like 3.5 ID

It was just mediocre and I hated the air, even with the top shut
That kinda sucks. Luckily they are pretty inexpensive though

BAM crew

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A reason to buy clones.
I finally came to terms with and like my 22mm Goon clone.
2 airflow holes 1/2 open.

I would have felt real bad had I spent the money on a real Goon...

VU Sponsors