Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Therion BF 75c from FT just shipped
IMG_0155.gif

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They exist you just gotta scroll for a while. Not the greatest website but a bunch of cool bits
86a725400aad7fe2dc1dec111397d43e.jpg

I've scrolled the entire page -- THAT is not there.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is a search function in your browser, it's all in one looking page. Let the page load then use the browser search to look for

BF RDA

Should take you right to it.

The thing he said to get, is not there on the FD site.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Those would work,but ModMaker is in Great Britain and charges a flat rate of about $13 for international shipping.Fatdaddy has them,just scroll down the site till you see the listing,then select the ones you want from the drop down menu.As for drilling that block,you would just need to drill it the same size as the hole in the 510 pin.I don't know what size bit,as all the ones I have that small aren't marked for size.

Well, as I said twice already... THEY ARE NOT ON THAT PAGE ON THE FD SITE.

If anyone can find it on that page and actually POINT ME TO IT, I would be obliged. And then YOU will see... it's not there! Everything on that page is v4 or v5 or something entirely technical.

Andria

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, as I said twice already... THEY ARE NOT ON THAT PAGE ON THE FD SITE.

If anyone can find it on that page and actually POINT ME TO IT, I would be obliged. And then YOU will see... it's not there! Everything on that page is v4 or v5 or something entirely technical.

Andria
http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html

It's on this, about half way down. Under Hardware

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That new squonker mod from Odis is interesting. Cool design and probably the first SLS printed mod on the market (though with the plain Jane look, I have zero clue why you would print it with that)

http://www.smartsmokeloano.it/product/bfsb-squonk-box-odis-design-collection/

And while I’m on Smart Smoke, this is quite sexy from Da Vinci
http://www.smartsmokeloano.it/product/mech-box-bottom-fedder-hot-by-da-vinci-mods-copia-3/
Does look cool and interesting but aren't all alumide mods printed with sls?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are there any other commonly available, not horribly priced, mosfet squonkers like the Pico Squeeze?

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmm. I'd have to turn my mechanically-inclined (and fond of power tools) mate loose on that, see if he could make it so. But then the squonk pin would need to be long enough to go all the way thru it, and it's kinda thick. Lemme see if I can round up a pic...

Ok, here we go -- this is a fair pic of it --

View attachment 92599

This is actually a pic of one of mine, with the blunt-needle mods in the airholes, and also shows that insulator block:
View attachment 92600

Andria
It's not necessary for the squonk pin to protrude out of the top of the deck, there just has to be a hole for the juice to get up. Like when I converted my Stumpy, drilled a hole through the center of the 510 screw and drilled an opening in the post. the screw doesn't need to protrude, the juice has no where else to go but onto the deck.

Just give them a really good cleaning after you drill.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've scrolled the entire page -- THAT is not there.

Andria

It is there you just haven't spotted it - at least three of us have posted a screen shot for you - it is there

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's not necessary for the squonk pin to protrude out of the top of the deck, there just has to be a hole for the juice to get up. Like when I converted my Stumpy, drilled a hole through the center of the 510 screw and drilled an opening in the post. the screw doesn't need to protrude, the juice has no where else to go but onto the deck.

Just give them a really good cleaning after you drill.

Hmm... so I do, or don't, need to drill a hole in the delrin insulator? My son raised the question of, is that insulator there to prevent shorts, and if i drill thru it, will it then cause a short?

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hmm... so I do, or don't, need to drill a hole in the delrin insulator? My son raised the question of, is that insulator there to prevent shorts, and if i drill thru it, will it then cause a short?

Andria

I would not hesitate to drill a hole through it, that in and of itself will not cause a short

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is there you just haven't spotted it - at least three of us have posted a screen shot for you - it is there
Yep,i seen them too.They are the 6th picture below where it says hardware.

I scrolled minutely over that page for the better part of an hour, and finally saw it. That must be the shittiest organized website on the entire www -- and without a search feature! AARGHH! That's why I searched with google, I figured if FD had them, google would find them -- but it didn't; it found only the listing at the co.uk site, and of course all the FT items. but no fatdaddy in google's search results at all -- which tells you right there, how poorly the site is created.

Andria

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
The insulator is there to keep the post from shorting to the deck, the best thing to do is to take it apart and have a look. It's easier to picture and to actually see what you are working with. ;)

This is the Magma from a user on Fasttech that converted his.
3cyDc7R.jpg

The post seems to be on top of the insulator now.

He used these squonk pins but you have to turn the diameter of the head down a bit to get them to fit in the 510 insulator. Just put the screw threads in a drill chuck and use a file or emery cloth on the head as it spins.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10036743/7991600

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He used these squonk pins but you have to turn the diameter of the head down a bit to get them to fit in the 510 insulator. Just put the screw threads in a drill chuck and use a file or emery cloth on the head as it spins.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10036743/7991600

Well, I was planning on ordering those from FD -- i don't know what "turn the diameter of the head down a bit to get them to fit in the 510 insulator" means -- and since i don't use power tools myself, don't really know what the rest of it means either. I was just going to have my husband use a drillbit that would fit into the opening where the screw goes, to drill the hole in the insulator; that way, the replacement hollowed-out screw would fit.

Andria

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't care for 528 after the "Clone not Clone" Fiasco a while back... and looking closer at the pictures on their instagram, not impressed with the physical machining queues ( hex screws ) already

upload_2017-9-27_14-45-4.png

Just screams cheap...and at a hefty 528 price tag...

But If I were to get one, I'll wait for 3fvape to sell their unapproved run of Authentic 528 Squonks at a huge discount.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So found out that in 3 weeks they will be available...if you were wondering if they looked like the SilverWolf custom? They are designed by Greg Stephens... $125 dual $135 triple...so figure $75 when 3fvape sells their unapproved authentics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
7c700ccfc51fcade5cdc6129941f86b1.heic

Super flavorful just a tad to airy for my liking tho, definitely need a longer drip tip as well.

So disappointed with USPS...mine still says ICS NY...but says it passed through...and it wasn't mailed priority so it's on the slow truck to San Diego(which is piggy backing a snail) if nothing by Friday changes on tracking I'll contact AllianceTech and see what they are willing to do.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So disappointed with USPS...mine still says ICS NY...but says it passed through...and it wasn't mailed priority so it's on the slow truck to San Diego(which is piggy backing a snail) if nothing by Friday changes on tracking I'll contact AllianceTech and see what they are willing to do.

You've got to remember, the snail carrying the mail truck is on crutches. Call me a pessimist, but Alliance Tech will be willing to take your money for another atty.....on the next batch.
I really, really do hope it will show up by Friday.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You've got to remember, the snail carrying the mail truck is on crutches. Call me a pessimist, but Alliance Tech will be willing to take your money for another atty.....on the next batch.
I really, really do hope it will show up by Friday.

Hopefully it does arrive... I am thinking since it says this...upload_2017-9-27_16-41-8.png

and all my Google-fu ability returns that First Class USPS is 7-21 days...and that only an update will happen when the package is scanned through a stop in the journey from NY to SD... or when it hits SD.

Either way, it was paid Goods and Services via Paypal.

Although this image is one I keep envisioning LOL... Just change juice to RDA lol

upload_2017-9-27_16-49-54.png

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully it does arrive... I am thinking since it says this...View attachment 92676

and all my Google-fu ability returns that First Class USPS is 7-21 days...and that only an update will happen when the package is scanned through a stop in the journey from NY to SD... or when it hits SD.

Either way, it was paid Goods and Services via Paypal.

Although this image is one I keep envisioning LOL... Just change juice to RDA lol

View attachment 92678
I've had packages just show up while still showing that initial customs stop... Fingers crossed for ya.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would not hesitate to drill a hole through it, that in and of itself will not cause a short
The 510 pin coming i contact with the rest of the atty anywhere WILL cause a short.
As long as the 510 pin or any metal it fastens to does not metal to metal touch the rest of the atty you are good.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The 510 pin coming i contact with the rest of the atty anywhere WILL cause a short.
As long as the 510 pin or any metal it fastens to does not metal to metal touch the rest of the atty you are good.

Like drilling a small squonk hole - no problem at all

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That white delrin block in the magma is just a spacer to keep the posts straight and from leaning. You can remove it completely or raise it

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm now even more confused than I was already -- the 510 pin comes in contact with the atomizer regardless of whether it's a squonker or not, I mean, it's PART OF the atomizer! And these squonk pins... they also come into contact with the atomizer, since they go RIGHT THRU the bottom of the fucking thing! :facepalm:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I'm now even more confused than I was already -- the 510 pin comes in contact with the atomizer regardless of whether it's a squonker or not, I mean, it's PART OF the atomizer! And these squonk pins... they also come into contact with the atomizer, since they go RIGHT THRU the bottom of the fucking thing! :facepalm:

Andria
but the pin is surrounded with a plastic insulator to prevent direct metal to metal contact between the piin and the case of the atty.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
but the pin is surrounded with a plastic insulator to prevent direct metal to metal contact between the piin and the case of the atty.

I guess I'll have to take a Magma apart to see if it has a sleeve of some sort for that screw.

Andria

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well let's see if I'm one of the winners of the random Haku RDA giveaways...Abdullah said go, and on my computer and phone shows me first of 5 lol
1a406048331f4bee44ae8a9e51b6dd3a.jpg

Knowing my luck I won't sadly

Shows me first on the other dudes random 5 rda giveaway also...not that I would get 2, but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky!... and win at least 1 :D

Last edited:

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well let's see if I'm one of the winners of the random Haku RDA giveaways...Abdullah said go, and on my computer and phone shows me first of 5 lol
1a406048331f4bee44ae8a9e51b6dd3a.jpg

Knowing my luck I won't sadly

Shows me first on the other dudes random 5 rda giveaway also...not that I would get 2, but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky!... and win at least 1 :D

I'm honestly thinking about buy the clone off of 3fvape

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm honestly thinking about buy the clone off of 3fvape

This will probably be my last atomizer to get...have the flave 22 coming, and then if I am lucky to get on a list or tonight if I won one, I'll be done for a long while...

Flave 24 I like a lot...and I know the 22 will be just as good if not better...Haku no idea, but I do like the way it looks...

Just waiting for Abdullah to end the video so I can see the comments and find out if I am a lucky bastard tonight.

Hopefully I am :D

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This will probably be my last atomizer to get...have the flave 22 coming, and then if I am lucky to get on a list or tonight if I won one, I'll be done for a long while...

Flave 24 I like a lot...and I know the 22 will be just as good if not better...Haku no idea, but I do like the way it looks...

Just waiting for Abdullah to end the video so I can see the comments and find out if I am a lucky bastard tonight.

Best of luck!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yep hope you win the chance to spend money!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haku IS really very good. I'd like another.
And I am waiting for a Flave 22 to come out in SS, then I'll probably buy it, if it's priced like the 24 instead of like the Ti...
Or I could do a second Entheon.
Bottom line - I want one more "top notch" rda, but it's not a rush, lol.

VU Sponsors