Member For 5 Years

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. :) Realize I'll be needing some more of this later. Been trying to rinse/wash and reuse what I've got but we all know how that can get away from us. Besides just better to swap out fresh when you get out quite a few bottles squonked.

In almost three years of squonking, the only tubing I ever changed was some from a used mod that was so old it was about to crack and would no longer stay on the stem or a very small handful of times when wanting to switch bottles into a mod that needed longer tubing

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Recognize this. Fixed it up new door I think I may not sell it after all.
d3b9d24c6cfb143636d3d481843701fd.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Nice, looks like you have a way with the dead tree carcass. Not a squonk, but made some doors for the mech pro today Amish style, still need to varnish
4_A51_A417-05_EF-419_A-_B0_C1-3_C75_FBCB459_E.jpg

Not as nice as yours, but I think they’ll be good once varnished, sanded and another coat.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, until I feel keen to refute this notion with full-on debate, allow me to simply respectfully disagree. One big indicator I see is that the U.S. dollar has lost standing as global reserve currency. Beyond this, as I said I'm in digression for the nonce. Such talk is of too serious a variety at such an early hour for me, besides I've already made some diatribe if one calls it such. :) *chuckling*
If a state secedes they will no longer have free travel rights to other states.
It will be a different country.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In almost three years of squonking, the only tubing I ever changed was some from a used mod that was so old it was about to crack and would no longer stay on the stem or a very small handful of times when wanting to switch bottles into a mod that needed longer tubing

Ah, I see how you are. Ride that tubing for all it's worth. You might be right in the long run too. I just get finicky regarding clean tubes. Sure we're running antibacterial stuff through them but I also see it gunking up coils.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice, looks like you have a way with the dead tree carcass. Not a squonk, but made some doors for the mech pro today Amish style, still need to varnish
4_A51_A417-05_EF-419_A-_B0_C1-3_C75_FBCB459_E.jpg

Not as nice as yours, but I think they’ll be good once varnished, sanded and another coat.
I make doors for all my mods.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, I see how you are. Ride that tubing for all it's worth. You might be right in the long run too. I just get finicky regarding clean tubes. Sure we're running antibacterial stuff through them but I also see it gunking up coils.
IU just use a syringe and run 90% isopropyl thru my tubes occasionally or when changing for a strong flavor.

I also do this with new tubes and bottles to remove any plastic taste.

Just let dry thoroughly.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
IU just use a syringe and run 90% isopropyl thru my tubes occasionally or when changing for a strong flavor.

I also do this with new tubes and bottles to remove any plastic taste.

Just let dry thoroughly.

Yeah, I do that about once a month or so, give or take

Yeah, never had a problem with gunk from tubing ruining coils - ever

And my coils usually last well over two months, over three months not unheard of :)

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I do that about once a month or so, give or take

Yeah, never had a problem with gunk from tubing ruining coils - ever

And my coils usually last well over two months, over three months not unheard of :)
Jeesh i just run juuce through even when changin flavors lmao sometimes it takes a bottle to run out the old flavor

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If a state secedes they will no longer have free travel rights to other states.
It will be a different country.

Isn't nearly like that now? The different country part at least. As it is too you pay taxes, fees traveling in other states. If you visit for so long you need to convert your documents over to match that state too.

An example me and FIL saw was here in WV you've got 50 miles limit on a tagged "Farm Use" vehicle. In VA that is limited to 25 miles. You don't require the vehicle being registered, taxed for a sticker, inspected, just tag with "Farm Use" as a plate, don't need insurance on them either.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't nearly like that now? The different country part at least. As it is too you pay taxes, fees traveling in other states. If you visit for so long you need to convert your documents over to match that state too.

An example me and FIL saw was here in WV you've got 50 miles limit on a tagged "Farm Use" vehicle. In VA that is limited to 25 miles. You don't require the vehicle being registered, taxed for a sticker, inspected, just tag with "Farm Use" as a plate, don't need insurance on them either.
And if the state seceded they could put a 10 mi limit on farm use vehicles.
nothing would change except you would need a passport to visit other remaining states of the USA. And could be denied entrance. And the USA could charge import and export tariffs on goods to and from the former state.
Heck we might even build a wall around the former state.

Mexico is not the USA and neither would be any state that seceded.

also it would be wise to have insurance on any vehicle you drive on the road.
If your fault and someone is hurt you could lose your farm, home, etc thru a lawsuit.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean this below?

I can read two things which eliminate that applying in the case of WV.

1. WV is not listed in the Act/Amendment.

2. WV is not legalizing for medical use rather for industrial textile use.

Given that if the Federal agencies desire losing an offensive for any or no reason, I'm sure they'll do so. It happened in Butte Montana, it happened here in WV as well. Both times it was people, workers in dangerous conditions taking leave of the work in order to set things right to help curtail the danger the company's as corporate entities, which are now legally seen as human beings, we're putting them in. if you want to go back further you can look up our illustrious first President, George Washington and his role in the Whiskey Rebellion. There are but three examples where our own government has indeed mounted a clear offense against its own people.

This isn't tinfoil hat stuff, it's actually verified factual events. I could cite Ruby Ridge and Waco, TX but those are perhaps a few strained credibilities as there's still far too much speculation over them, as is with the recent Vegas shooting. So, I do not cite these as the speculation clouds the facts for everyone. Mention them? Well yes, I did but merely to set them aside in digression.

Three times American government has gone against its own people. Is there room to consider it would not happen again? Sorry, I rather not bother second-guessing.
Yeah that but not the point I was trying to make...Never Mind!
Oh and Cheers!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, until I feel keen to refute this notion with full-on debate, allow me to simply respectfully disagree. One big indicator I see is that the U.S. dollar has lost standing as global reserve currency. Beyond this, as I said I'm in digression for the nonce. Such talk is of too serious a variety at such an early hour for me, besides I've already made some diatribe if one calls it such. :) *chuckling*
It wasn't quite a diatribe as it was a tirade.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah well, it's kinda irrelevant anyway, because I don't have $50 I can spend on vape gear right now, and by the time I do, it won't be Halloween any longer. *sigh* All the cool gear and great sales hit when I'm broke, never fails. :facepalm:

Andria
Yep I feel your pain...Sigh!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It wasn't quite a diatribe as it was a tirade.

Eh, well probably so. Apologies for that. I have difficulty in gauging what passion, obstinance I put into the conversation. Trying and learning to curb that. It is a slow process, again apologies.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eh, well probably so. Apologies for that. I have difficulty in gauging what passion, obstinance I put into the conversation. Trying and learning to curb that. It is a slow process, again apologies.
No worries & no apology needed...Cheers!

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heya Bonkheads!
Been awhile, up early and trying to play catch up at some old haunts..which is near impossible(!)
Soooo jus' saying hello!
In a cool work groove, loving the middle of the night schedule, just me and my dog...coffee & whatever ejuice was on sale. Set up a nice desk area that's equal parts functionality & vape gear. Nothing squonkily new & exciting, but finally built the Dejavu RDTA last week, slapped it on the DoubleBarrel and I'm loving the hell out of it..,
IMG_5494.JPG

Still trying to keep up to speed on the newest squonk stuff coming down (flooding?) the pike, just announced yesterday is the new Hotcig / Rigmod regulated with bypass mode. No info on the chip. Looks hot though. Nice and tiny & carbon fiber door. Unfortunately they added an LED behind the bottle that pulses RG&B which is goofy as fcuk in my opinion.
Might consider it still if you're able to snip the LED, the size is seducing.
...or if you want to rock the trendy club kid 'blowing fat clouds since 2017' look, you're all set!
: /
IMG_5540.jpg

Wellll... I hope everyone is doing 'bloody fukkin well as bloody gold' as Bogan would say...
Keep squonkin with yer bad shelves!
Catch up soon!

Cheers
:cheers:

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remember the good ol days, when you could go to Canada or Mexico and didn't fucking NEED a passport???

Andria
Hmm...I'm trying to.But as far back as I can recall 1 was needed.Just like when you traveled to oh say (Italy or France).But my memory is shot to hell currently.
More coffee required.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hmm...I'm trying to.But as far back as I can recall 1 was needed.Just like when you traveled to oh say (Italy or France).But my memory is shot to hell currently.
More coffee required.

Only past 10 years or so have you had to have one for Canada and Mexico. Hell, our border with Canada used to be the largest free border in the world - crossed it many, many times

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
More coffee required.
Went to Canada twice last year for work. Needed a passport as well as a letter of introduction from the customer I was working with. Prior to 2000, you didn't need squat to go to Canada, either for work or pleasure. I didn't go there between 2000 and last year so I don't know when things changed. I suspect 9/11 had something to do with it.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only past 10 years or so have you had to have one for Canada and Mexico. Hell, our border with Canada used to be the largest free border in the world - crossed it many, many times
Could've sworn there was a border crossing to both in the 70's but my brain is refusing to wake up.So I might be confusing my older memories from more current 1's.
Fuck it all I think I'm going have a bowl of (Wheaties) and just go back to bed.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went to Canada twice last year for work. Needed a passport as well as a letter of introduction from the customer I was working with. Prior to 2000, you didn't need squat to go to Canada, either for work or pleasure. I didn't go there between 2000 and last year so I don't know when things changed. I suspect 9/11 had something to do with it.
Your probably right see my post above...Cheers!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2007 the law passed needing a passport for all forms of transport across the borders, it wasn't til 2009 that also included foot traffic.

I didn't know about this til a few years ago.

I was like, "I remember crossing back from Juarez Mexico into El Paso when I was in my late teens early twenties butt drunk and telling the border patrol, I'm Filipino not Mexican!

Also when living in Rochester NY...going to Toronto and coming back... I'm Filipino not Puerto Rican! lol

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2007 the law passed needing a passport for all forms of transport across the borders, it wasn't til 2009 that also included foot traffic.

I didn't know about this til a few years ago.

I was like, "I remember crossing back from Juarez Mexico into El Paso when I was in my late teens early twenties butt drunk and telling the border patrol, I'm Filipino not Mexican!

Also when living in Rochester NY...going to Toronto and coming back... I'm Filipino not Puerto Rican! lol
Are you quite certain you didn't need a passport though?
As you can tell I decided not to have that nap although I did have the cereal...Wheaties = YUM

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Are you quite certain you didn't need a passport though?
As you can tell I decided not to have that nap although I did have the cereal...Wheaties = YUM

POSITIVE - you just needed an ID, state your business and how long you intended to stay in Canada - US citizens could also go to Mexico with just a picture ID or birth certificate

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
As I recall, the law of the land was written with thirteen separate states, different governments, each required to extend the same rights and privileges to each others that they extend to their own people's. Then when the Constitution replaced the Articles of Confederation even limiting of rights to Citizens was done away with. Look through the Constitution, voting and holding office are the only rights and privileges reserved for citizens, everything else are rights of people. On paper, even a seceded states citizens should have rights of free passage.

Not like that's stopped them taking away whatever they want anyway.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
More coffee required.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Hell, our border with Canada used to be the largest free border in the world - crossed it many, many times

Not sure it's still the same or not but I recall if you entered Canada you then held lifetime Canadian citizenship. So, you might be a dual citizen. Silly Canuckleheaded Alaskan. :) By the way, ... :hug: :hug: :hug: Simply because you probably need them, if you got extra pass them on. :)

Look through the Constitution, voting and holding office are the only rights and privileges reserved for citizens, everything else are rights of people. On paper, even a seceded states citizens should have rights of free passage.
Not like that's stopped them taking away whatever they want anyway.

Each state had it's own currency & money too. There was a standard passed though, if I'm remembering what I had read, something with the weight of silver I think. That let them do an easy conversion of the monies between states, so as 1 dollar in WV was 1 dollar in TN, or KY, VA, AL, LA. Citizens "resided" whereas People lived in the state, and that was kind of a funky way to divide up the members of the government.

Of course, rich landholders were the ones being the government at that time. It was almost feudal as the landlords could "lease" out to serfs who became wards and custodians of the land they (the landlords) owned. The serfs would keep a percentage of crops for their service but sell off the lion's share to pay the "blackmail" to the landlord/s. This also applied to livestock.

That was a "tradition" brought over from the Old World into our New World. It seems now there is a push to return back to it. All the raving going on that we need Universal Basic Income or Living Wages due to unemployment being furthered and furthered each passing year as technology has begun outstripping what humans can do. Shoot, the Chinese have a huge 3d printer machine that can build a concrete or Rammed Earth type of home in under 4 hours. It isn't exactly pretty but it does suffice and is environmentally stable.

Also, we got robotic surgeons now. Soon driverless big rigs, they're almost there now. I recall my stepfather fussing about the GPS navigator taking over steering on him when he went to deviate from course to take a shortcut he knew from years of driving. That was not too long ago, maybe a decade. I can imagine the technology has developed further. Our RDAs and Mods get pumped out on computer-aided machining lines that are at the least 85% fully automated. Humans look at screens and do some minor quality checking.

It's said another 40-50% of jobs will in the next five to ten years be vanishing, technology will take over. So, I kind of step outside a bit and draw a deep breath and ask myself, "and then?" :)

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More coffee required.
I have been to both Canada and Mexico without a passport. Mexico was in early 80's.
Had to have passport to go to China though.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I put my name on List 9 for the Haku Phenom but the randomizer shot me down in flames. Guess I'll have to stick with my clone for now.

On the good news front, my therion dna squonker should be here by Thursday.

cheers

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I put my name on List 9 for the Haku Phenom but the randomizer shot me down in flames. Guess I'll have to stick with my clone for now.

On the good news front, my therion dna squonker should be here by Thursday.

cheers

Careful not to be too vocal about your clone ownership (clonership?). If admins in the group hear about it they’ll give you the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

VU Sponsors