Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist , Fellow Mountianier. What part of WV? I was born in Mingo county, lived near Matewan for 25 years, now I’m across the river in the commonwealth.

We're presently about 6 miles East of Ripley, which lies approximately in the halfway point between Charleston & Parkersburg. I and wife will be moving to Fairplain in the first of December, that too will lie about 6 miles from Ripley but off to the South of it.

I am a transplant from down around the Shenandoah Valley area. Grew up and lived around what is called NewBroadVille, TimberMarketWay, BroadMarketVille depending if you were in Broadway, Timberville, New Market. All three little towns seemed to merge into one yet maintained their own unique individuality.

A good part of my childhood was spent around what is known as Coot's Store. That was off of RT 259, turned onto Road 316 and could run all the way from Cottageville to Harrisonburg on 316, it was kind of a sneaky back road to get nearly anywhere you needed to go in the area.

Neff Lumber Mill was just a few miles up from where I lived as a child. At some point, my Paw Paw took me up and dropped me off for "a man's day of work, for a man's day of pay". I think he thought young boy that I was, I would bulk at working. Tickled him I took to it like a duck to water. :) Wound up at times running off to the mill and helping a bit. Guess I picked up being a roughneck. *chuckles*

Been up here in West By Gawd over a decade or so, maybe more now. *grin* Wife and her granddad before he went on ahead of us, pronounced me a hillbilly simply due to me staying around long enough. Her granddad smelled the Scott in my family line too. Boy, he was a character and a half truly loved him. :) Bah, it's always the good ones.

I was born in Orlando, FL. Somewhere along the way, a myth got started. As a baby, I crawled over and took a plunge into a swimming pool. A fellow that had been an S.E.A.L, was in a wheelchair by the pool. He jumped in and held me up giving me back to mom, who had only turned away for a second. So the myth goes I fell off an orange tree into the Atlantic, got helped out by a BUD, been kicking ever since.

Never been anything special. Not sure I would desire to be either. Been around enough that is, were special and got a sense of what it takes. In my humble view of the special like that, it makes me proud of them but at the same time queasy inside to think of trying to fill their boots. I'd be no count for trying it and I know that. Granted I'd give it one Hell of a try if it were ever needed, rather not though, I'd fail horribly. I'm just me, an old rough and tumble country boy who got dubbed a hillbilly. :)

Actually, my mamma did tell me I'm special ... ... just like everyone else. :) :giggle: :p :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Careful not to be too vocal about your clone ownership (clonership?). If admins in the group hear about it they’ll give you the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He has got clowns? Everyone better run away. The cops are starting to bust the "spooky" clowns hanging around parks, playgrounds.

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Careful not to be too vocal about your clone ownership (clonership?). If admins in the group hear about it they’ll give you the boot.

Sounds a bit childish, surely there's nothing wrong with a clone if you also own or intend to own an authentic ?

Only the same as ripping a music cd to MP3 to play in the car to prevent your original disc getting scratched?

Speaking of clones, I saw this today and just couldn't resist an order as I'm a big fan of top button mods like the Reo/CC/Coppervape

dbd08138ead743c2f20726cbb875cb50.jpg
c47ff3d4c417be96df90bdd69c5bfe9a.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds a bit childish, surely there's nothing wrong with a clone if you also own or intend to own an authentic ?

Only the same as ripping a music cd to MP3 to play in the car to prevent your original disc getting scratched?

Speaking of clones, I saw this today and just couldn't resist an order as I'm a big fan of top button mods like the Reo/CC/Coppervape

dbd08138ead743c2f20726cbb875cb50.jpg
c47ff3d4c417be96df90bdd69c5bfe9a.jpg

what it is?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i can go to new zealand with minimum paperwork and live there with no visa, but not like a leisurely drive/walk, too far to swim

our national anthem says we are gurt by sea, i looked up gurt on urban dictionary and apparently it means "to ejaculate on a turtle"

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Doesn’t seem to matter to them either way. I guess it’s sort of a “if you’re not with us, you’re against us” mentality.

They’ll also boot you for listing a Haku for sale for more than RRP.

My Haku should be here tomorrow so I’m not worried about it either way. It is a little ridiculous though.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMHO any state that is anti American enough to secede from the USA needs to be contained for security reasons.
build a wall!
LOL

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i can go to new zealand with minimum paperwork and live there with no visa, but not like a leisurely drive/walk, too far to swim

our national anthem says we are gurt by sea, i looked up gurt on urban dictionary and apparently it means "to ejaculate on a turtle"

Were I still young I would likely move to NZ.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm...I'm trying to.But as far back as I can recall 1 was needed.Just like when you traveled to oh say (Italy or France).But my memory is shot to hell currently.
More coffee required.

Well, I've never been to Mexico, so I dunno... but my ex and I lived in Detroit in the mid-80s, and you could drive to Canada via tunnel or bridge, and all you needed was an ID -- I've been twice, but never had a passport.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Sure it doesn't say "girt"?

Andria

nellytron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Took delivery of my Vandy Vape Pulse today (In red). It’s dinky size took me by surprise a little for some reason, even though I’ve watched vids and knew it’s dimensions lol.

From appearance it seems decent enough, just a bit concerned for my Battery wraps, it’s quite a squeeze.

Waiting on my Therion 75C BF & extra bottles, Wasp Nano, Hadaly (Shenray) & ultem & clear caps, various drip tips, pulse BF doors & bottles and a red cap for one of my goons.......oh and 2 repair kits for my Coppervape. I can’t seem to get mine to hit very well so I’m hoping these might help.

I enjoyed squonking more than dripping for the short while my Coppervape was working well so looking forward to upping my squonk game.

P.S In no way am I saying the Coppervape is a bad mod, I took it apart to clean and think I may have lost an o-ring or something else, or I put it back together badly. After all it is my first squonk mod, in fact my first mech mod too. Still learning.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Took delivery of my Vandy Vape Pulse today (In red). It’s dinky size took me by surprise a little for some reason, even though I’ve watched vids and knew it’s dimensions lol.

From appearance it seems decent enough, just a bit concerned for my Battery wraps, it’s quite a squeeze.

Waiting on my Therion 75C BF & extra bottles, Wasp Nano, Hadaly (Shenray) & ultem & clear caps, various drip tips, pulse BF doors & bottles and a red cap for one of my goons.......oh and 2 repair kits for my Coppervape. I can’t seem to get mine to hit very well so I’m hoping these might help.

I enjoyed squonking more than dripping for the short while my Coppervape was working well so looking forward to upping my squonk game.

P.S In no way am I saying the Coppervape is a bad mod, I took it apart to clean and think I may have lost an o-ring or something else, or I put it back together badly. After all it is my first squonk mod, in fact my first mech mod too. Still learning.
Clean the mating surfaces on the coppervape well wit alcohol or I use Mothers mag wheel polish on the mating surfaces of mine every month or so and follow up with alcohol.
Also clean the end of the copper strap under the screw head and the under side of the screw head.
Clean the battery cap threads and button every month or so as well.

I wipe down the mating surfaces and the screw head with alcohol once a week.

also the little eyeglass cleaner packet wipes are good for a quick surface cleanup on my coppervape.

Last edited:

nellytron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Clean the mating surfaces on the coppervape well wit alcohol or I use Mothers mag wheel polish on the mating surfaces of mine every month or so and follow up with alcohol.
Also clean the end of the copper strap under the screw head and the under side of the screw head.
Clean the battery cap threads and button every month or so as well.

I wipe down the mating surfaces and the screw head with alcohol once a week.

Thanks Cromwell. Although, the mod is still like brand new as I only used it for half a day. I took it apart as I leaked juice everywhere and wanted to clean it up. I’ll bear in mind your advice for when I do take it apart for maintenance though. Cheers.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Cromwell. Although, the mod is still like brand new as I only used it for half a day. I took it apart as I leaked juice everywhere and wanted to clean it up. I’ll bear in mind your advice for when I do take it apart for maintenance though. Cheers.
Never had any leak issue at all with mine. sounds like you misplaced an Oring?

The Mothers Mag and aluminum polish is great for brass,copper and aluminum mods.
Makes them pretty in a flash as well as cleaning oxidation off of conducting surfaces.

nellytron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
T
Never had any leak issue at all with mine. sounds like you misplaced an Oring?

The Mothers Mag and aluminum polish is great for brass,copper and aluminum mods.
Makes them pretty in a flash as well as cleaning oxidation off of conducting surfaces.

Thats exactly what i think happened. Something fell into my rug, never to be seen again lol. Typical.
Once I get the spares kit I should be good to go.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I liked him a lot also

But do not miss the FB drama that flooded this thread one bit :cool:
I regret the one word I used that seemed to offend him, but I was careful to say it was just my impression and ask him to explain so I could understand. I then cringed every time that same word popped back up. :(

But better to learn and move on.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Auto Sqounker mod ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Sorry, don't have time to do video now, is that a proprietary chip, or a joyetech like the screen appears to be? Who makes these? Some no name Chinese company or someone I've heard of?

Anything I haven't seen before I'm eager to get in my list of regulated squonk mods.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I regret the one word I used that seemed to offend him, but I was careful to say it was just my impression and ask him to explain so I could understand. I then cringed every time that same word popped back up. :(

But better to learn and move on.

He was obviously looking for offense, so whatever

I miss his posts but the one of the main things I like about the bonkers is the fact it is inclusive

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He was obviously looking for offense, so whatever

I miss his posts but the one of the main things I like about the bonkers is the fact it is inclusive

I agree! I'm still mostly an aspiring squonker -- I mean, I *can* squonk now, I've got some hardware to do it, but I think it won't be a big thing for me till I get some hardware that suits me a bit better -- but at least I now know, I can make this work for me -- and it's really good to have alternatives! :)

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
POSITIVE - you just needed an ID, state your business and how long you intended to stay in Canada - US citizens could also go to Mexico with just a picture ID or birth certificate
It seems odd that I really can't seem to remember when it stopped being that way.It is if the change has always been there even though I know better.The more I try to think about it the fuzzier everything seems to get.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems odd that I really can't seem to remember when it stopped being that way.It is if the change has always been there even though I know better.The more I try to think about it the fuzzier everything seems to get.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. - George Orwell
9-11 changed it all.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure it doesn't say "girt"?

Andria
I was going to leave that 1 alone.But after some thinking on it I remembered something.
Here in America our National Anthem (Star Spangled Banner) is actually just the first paragraph from the Poem (Defense of Fort McHenry) which was written by Francis Scott Key.Alright so maybe we ain't in the (Matrix) yet.But why am I having problems remembering other things?

Like my first girlfriends middle name.Or if I might have screwed her mom too...Fuck it I need a nap anyhow.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
P.S In no way am I saying the Coppervape is a bad mod, I took it apart to clean and think I may have lost an o-ring or something else, or I put it back together badly.
When I take anything apart I like to make sure I have a good sized clean area and a nice thick towel to put all the pieces on as things are less likely to go skittering off that way.
And always put things down right to left top to bottom just like reading.That way there is no confusion on which part goes next.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine should be here tomorrow!!! I was thinking of making a cinnamon apple peach juice... or maybe a cool peach lemonade, or a cinnamon apple custard...

I wanted the cruiser but didnt get a spot and got a spot for the phenom there openin another soon so ill try for the cruiser

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors