58b1ceaf5a821064a92598948b209b80.jpg
Who made that? Door side looks wonky

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the SXK Hadaly and goon clones cleaned wicked and vaped.

Both are nice. I like the AF adjustment on the Goon.
Better vapes than a Velocity mini, or Coppervape atty even better than the Wanko ;)
However nothing to go all orgasmic over.
I like the Goon at just a bit over 1 airhole and the Halady wide open which is a fairly restricted lung hit.
Vaping both on SS TC with 4 mm coils.

Ohh finally got a Coil Master V3 too.

Nothing vaping seems to come with instructions....

I do like the humongous squonk juice well on the Goon.

73neb

Member For 4 Years
how does it squonk with this new set up? and how does it feel in the hand?

It squonks fine. You have to tip the mod a little when the bottle gets low, but the silicone sunbox bottle makes it real easy. This my first wood mod with an oil finish and it feels great in the hand. It's a little on the large side, but ok for my big mitts. I'm still playing with temp control, but it vapes great.

73neb

Member For 4 Years
Was planning to get either the DNA 200 or the DNA 75 Ultem, but I'm having second thoughts about regulated vaping in general. I seem to like mechs better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still prefer mechs, and probably always will. I'm hoping I can find a TC setup that I can give my fiancé to stop the dry hits and burnt wicks that she can't seem to stop leaving in my mods. I do really like my LBC though, since it will last through a whole bottle before it needs a charge.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Was planning to get either the DNA 200 or the DNA 75 Ultem, but I'm having second thoughts about regulated vaping in general. I seem to like mechs better.

I got a VT75 DNA a few weeks back - eh - compared to any of my mechs, even the cheap ones, lol

It vapes well, no complaints as far as function, but it can't hold a candle to a well-functioning mech

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a VT75 DNA a few weeks back - eh - compared to any of my mechs, even the cheap ones, lol

It vapes well, no complaints as far as function, but it can't hold a candle to a well-functioning mech

Exactly! I do use the Halcyon every now and then. But my enjoyable vapes and ADVs are always on mechs.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got the SXK Hadaly and goon clones cleaned wicked and vaped.

Both are nice. I like the AF adjustment on the Goon.
Better vapes than a Velocity mini, or Coppervape atty even better than the Wanko ;)
However nothing to go all orgasmic over.
I like the Goon at just a bit over 1 airhole and the Halady wide open which is a fairly restricted lung hit.
Vaping both on SS TC with 4 mm coils.

Ohh finally got a Coil Master V3 too.

Nothing vaping seems to come with instructions....

I do like the humongous squonk juice well on the Goon.
where did you get them from? can you post links please?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Excuse my ignorance, but I'm guessing there are a few Coppervape squonker setups owners here (at least I hope so). If I were to choose between the FT Frankenskull and the Coppervape, which one should I get? I am very new, in fact I never even held a squonk mod but I have been vaping for a few years and though I MTL at work, my DL setups are home. My every day gear is comprised of: G2& Alleria, Slice & Boreas or Alleria, VaporShark VF DNA133 and Kayfun mini. I have several drippers but I stopped using them while driving and carry a tank setup (or three) in the car.
I understand the Frankenskull has silver contacts, is that sterling or fine (pure) silver? I was looking at the Hcigar VT Inbox, but frankly, even though I prefer a regulated/TC mod, the DNA chip is not quite what I like.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Excuse my ignorance, but I'm guessing there are a few Coppervape squonker setups owners here (at least I hope so). If I were to choose between the FT Frankenskull and the Coppervape, which one should I get? I am very new, in fact I never even held a squonk mod but I have been vaping for a few years and though I MTL at work, my DL setups are home. My every day gear is comprised of: G2& Alleria, Slice & Boreas or Alleria, VaporShark VF DNA133 and Kayfun mini. I have several drippers but I stopped using them while driving and carry a tank setup (or three) in the car.
I understand the Frankenskull has silver contacts, is that sterling or fine (pure) silver? I was looking at the Hcigar VT Inbox, but frankly, even though I prefer a regulated/TC mod, the DNA chip is not quite what I like.
The coppervape. Love mine and tough as heck.
The silver and black ones are machined from solid aluminum and a nice weight.
The brass one is nice but heavy.
The atty that comes on them is not a Goon but not a bad atty.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Given the price of the FT Frankenskulls, I'm sure the contacts are anything but silver, so, I would try to make my own.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I understand the Frankenskull has silver contacts, is that sterling or fine (pure) silver?

the clone has neither, just stainless steel :(

coppervape is time proven, lots of vapers have them, and the few issues they have with quality control have documented fix its online

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@The Cromwell , @DogMan , thank you both for the quick reply, coppervape it is....but the damn frankens are so cheap, I might get one to tinker with during my time off.

Whilst you are praising the squonk mods you might like a Shift BF style atty. from what I hear it's a good MTL vape

For experimenting-to-see-if-you-like-squonking purposes, I'd go with a proven winner like a Origen Little clone for MTL or one of the Goon clones that come with a squonk pin for DL

I can't wait to get the Hadaly clone from FT to see if it holds up next to the authentic, or I'd recommend that

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For experimenting-to-see-if-you-like-squonking purposes, I'd go with a proven winner like a Origen Little clone for MTL or one of the Goon clones that come with a squonk pin for DL

I can't wait to get the Hadaly clone from FT to see if it holds up next to the authentic, or I'd recommend that

Mine should be here next week. For some god forsaken reason it's in fucking Stamford. lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, SXK Hadaly, SXK Shifted, Origen Little (the expensive one :cool: $9.28), Coppervape Odis, Coppervape SS mod, replacement hadrware v2 for the mod, 10 extra bottles, am I missing anything? I may splurge and order the 510 pins from Fat Daddy.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK, SXK Hadaly, SXK Shifted, Origen Little (the expensive one :cool: $9.28), Coppervape Odis, Coppervape SS mod, replacement hadrware v2 for the mod, 10 extra bottles, am I missing anything? I may splurge and order the 510 pins from Fat Daddy.

Make sure to get both sizes.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why are there so many different shift style atty designs?

To make you ask. :)

The coppervape. Love mine and tough as heck.
The silver and black ones are machined from solid aluminum and a nice weight.
The brass one is nice but heavy.
The atty that comes on them is not a Goon but not a bad atty.

Agreed. I am enjoying the stock atty on a silver aluminum one & a brass toned SS Goon clone on a brass one. :)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yeah the stock atty is not a bad atty, just not quite a Goon or Oatty.

I like the way the air flow control was designed. Been drawing in lots of air on the bottom and a little bit from the top. Think I am in a way creating a vacuum, or vortex in the atty as I draw off it. Doing it this way proffers me a good hit each time. :)

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you look at the internals of these 3D printed boxes they all look the same. Very simple designs. But they do not vape the same. I have a L'Octupuse and Escobar and they vape amazing. Very little voltage drop. Solid for a 3D printed and smooth. My Poison which is my beater is not even close. But it works with a small atty very well - I use much lower builds on my good squonks. I imagine the clone Frankenskull will be okay with a .6 - .8 single coil build. That's what I use on my Poison. Vapes fine that way.

I used the Coppervape for a month and traded it away for a better squonk (added cash). It's a nice squonk but the 3D printed squonks are way smaller. And lighter. I prefer them. I don't care if a box like the Frankenskull clone is not as tough as a Coppervape. For the price it is on point. I would use it, or an Antidote or a Poison. Cheap boxes that I don't worry about and that I can easily fix and adjust.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow - is FT not letting you pay with PP anymore?

VU Sponsors