Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Do any of you know any good custom modders? I'd love a 26650 mechanical squonk conversion of either the Vaporflask Stout or Hohm Slice

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice I’ll give it a try. Thanks
Last hotcig mod i updated was r150 , it takes 2mins to stop screen flashing every time i put in new cells , be aware there software isnt too clever ,
Ended up putting a dma 250 board in there , its now a r150/ dna 167w now , awaiting me making some doors

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, I've taken the attie off a few times to make minor adjustments and the last time the 510 started to unscrew itself from the body of the mod, lol

Will need to get a locking washer or something - was easy to hand thread back down, but the point of this is to make a super kick ass easy to use squonker, not something that needs to be fiddled with

If I add a lock washer, will need to extend the squonk pin, or find a much thinner nut or the pin itself will not be long enough to accommodate a more traditional bottle

Still can't find my spare silkie :mad:

Might try out the taller bottles put out for the Therion....
So I haven't looked it up yet just got home from band practice but can you put a different bottle in ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So I haven't looked it up yet just got home from band practice but can you put a different bottle in ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm using one of the Therion bottles in it now - and it is very good, nice and tall, attie draining well

Was using a SMJ whatever and it wasn't doing too well

I'd hold off on the MM until it can be figured out how to get a locking nut on the underside of the 510 to keep it from spinning when you take the attie off

Mine did well without one and then today...

The ring that holds the 510 in place that comes with the MM doesn't fit in the conture of the CV - I'll figure something out

Our hardware stores suck out here in the middle of nowhere :confused:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless you get red! The paint chips if you look at it wrong! Mine was already chipped out the box but never got a response from cs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Damn sorry to hear that. I have the silver version so I wasn’t aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice I’ll give it a try. Thanks
Ok.here is how the program looks when you open it.Click the tab that says config,set the screen orientation the way you want it,then at the top hit upload settings.
CtkVuev.png

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless you get red! The paint chips if you look at it wrong! Mine was already chipped out the box but never got a response from cs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's not good to hear,i've had the silver one a few weeks,but just got my red one yesterday,i hope mine doesn't start chipping,i like the color of it.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using one of the Therion bottles in it now - and it is very good, nice and tall, attie draining well

Was using a SMJ whatever and it wasn't doing too well

I'd hold off on the MM until it can be figured out how to get a locking nut on the underside of the 510 to keep it from spinning when you take the attie off

Mine did well without one and then today...

The ring that holds the 510 in place that comes with the MM doesn't fit in the conture of the CV - I'll figure something out

Our hardware stores suck out here in the middle of nowhere :confused:
If you can't get a lock washer on there,try some blue lock tite on the threads.That will keep it from coming loose but still allow you to remove it if you need to.Make sure it's blue though,as the other ones are permanent and would have to be heated to remove.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If you can't get a lock washer on there,try some blue lock tite on the threads.That will keep it from coming loose but still allow you to remove it if you need to.Make sure it's blue though,as the other ones are permanent and would have to be heated to remove.

I might try that - I'll call the hardware stores tomorrow to see if they have any

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I thought of loctite but then thought would it insulate the connection?

Well, we're just talking the base part that screws into the base of the mod itself, not the actual 510 threads

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might try that - I'll call the hardware stores tomorrow to see if they have any
It is also called threadlock. Here is a pic of the stuff I have. You would just use a very small dab on the threads.
aa98c345b850abfc3b5cae682bb665cd.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, we're just talking the base part that screws into the base of the mod itself, not the actual 510 threads
Right but isn't that the negative connection to the case in that mod?

Neg from the battery goes thru the case and thru the outer 510 threads and then thru the inner 510 threads I think.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Could someone get by using Teflon threading tape? Looks as though such tape would be similar to the blue lock tite.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could someone get by using Teflon threading tape? Looks as though such tape would be similar to the blue lock tite.
Again insulating properties of teflon tape could be an issue.

Maybe grind the 510 nut so it will fit into the recess in the top of the mod and leave a notch in it so you could tighten it with a small chisel or screwdriver?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I did a little filing on the nut - till I got a blister on my finger, lol - but the grinder is blocked by a field of snow I have not intention of trodding through - or heaven forbid - actually rev up the old snow blower, lol

If I were to haul out the grinder, I'd probably go for the gusto and enlarge the recess on the top of the mod

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's not good to hear,i've had the silver one a few weeks,but just got my red one yesterday,i hope mine doesn't start chipping,i like the color of it.
I have a silver one. Ty @Proatype. And those seem to be polished metal except for the door and mine looks like day I got it.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did a little filing on the nut - till I got a blister on my finger, lol - but the grinder is blocked by a field of snow I have not intention of trodding through - or heaven forbid - actually rev up the old snow blower, lol

If I were to haul out the grinder, I'd probably go for the gusto and enlarge the recess on the top of the mod
Lucy would something like possible work i know its not got a screw head , but if it threads in

Fasttech parts for vapor giant mod , has top an bottom plated silver screws

Just a thought ?
2963735780d417fb0c4aa70aa7e98dd9.jpg

https://m.fasttech.com/products/9630803
5d3818bae12aad069cafb12b295aa677.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lucy would something like possible work i know its not got a screw head , but if it threads in

Just a thought ?

I was going to pick some up as spares top an bottom contacts and the switch too

Since could possibly be used in other things maybe ?
eee051b11e0399d61d28ddf1371edc10.jpg

You might even be able to put a switch in as the fire if could fit it in a casing for the mods top plate ,
8fc31c5bc2143be8188f82a947719c6b.jpg
73c560799f5ca845dc3c8623384efc55.jpg

Washer on top an bottom of CV mods top bottom an thread screw on , then push to fire idk
Maybe ut might work ,
But would need so trials an experimenting ? Maybe the copper plate or silver contacts plate could be put on under washer an threads an still use it idk

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Just a thought ?

I will definitely explore this option after I get more :coffee2: into my system!

Still kinda cross-eyed hahaha

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flying home last night, with my usual stuffed carryon containing:
  • 2 squonkers (metal box with a firing pin, what?) in pelican boxes
  • squonk bottles removed from mods in film canisters
  • laptop
  • kindle
  • GPS (yeah, I bring a GPS)
  • Wifi gizmo
  • misc. chargers & wires
  • 60 ml bottle of DIY
  • 3 or 4 batteries
Bag got pulled. Not surprised - it's gotta look like a bomb-making kit.
TSA just pulled the big bottle of Nyquil out - lol - I FORGOT I threw that in there!
She's like, "it's OK, I just have to check it, then you can keep it".
:D

I've been on something like 100 flights with all that stuff, and ONCE a guy made me pull out a squonker and show it to him.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a silver one. Ty @Proatype. And those seem to be polished metal except for the door and mine looks like day I got it.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
Yeah,my silver one is holding up very well.It's been slid in and out of my coat pocket every day since i got it,and slid between the seat and console in the car every time i go anywhere,and has no marks at all on it.the red is the one i'm concerned about after reading his issue with that color.Maybe i'll just keep the red one at home so the finish doesn't get screwed up on it,and keep using the silver as my out and about mod.
I gotta say to anyone considering an Rsq though,these are great little mods.I was using a Dna 75 mod up until i got the Rsq a few weeks ago,since then,i haven't touched the Dna mod haha.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

You might even be able to put a switch in as the fire if could fit it in a casing for the mods top plate ,

Washer on top an bottom of CV mods top bottom an thread screw on , then push to fire idk
Maybe ut might work ,
But would need so trials an experimenting ? Maybe the copper plate or silver contacts plate could be put on under washer an threads an still use it idk

Yeah - was thinking it might be better to do it in the style of the Tmod - where the button just pushes down the firing pin and is not actually attached to it -

Also, am not dead set against losing the button locking feature on the stock button - which is both a blessing (love being able to "lock" it) but it also causes a lot of complaints

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Maybe ut might work ,
This is off my vapor Giant v2.5 mod , button works well an threads screw to lock it firing
a26a5402b8e8b9dcae1fd904dcb00a9b.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep but that would be a direct short in a Coppervape.
Iknow it will just straight mounted
Metal washers for securing then thin washers of other non conductive isolated via washers ,
not just metal washer
But isolation between them from mod casing ,
so only button touch postative contact

Since negative is done through mod casing , an the 2 magnets to top

Ive had CV mod for over 2 years
I get what your saying ,

but without giving a long explanation it can be mounted securely and isolated from
mod casing then used in place of button an screw on to cell postative contact

Its all aluminium so not hard to counter sink parts within it ,
an isolate them
fd72ffdf33b384e14860915368b1a2dd.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So everyone that I know locally (US) who sells Ultem beauty rings are sold out.

Any of you all have one you'd so kindly sell to me :D

VU Sponsors