Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone else see FT just listed 17 Kindbright BF atty clones today? Aaaand two SXK 70W BIllet Boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought the 60W was the one to get since it's a DNA chip. I heard the 70w has issues.

Oh and another damn Le Supersonic! Just ordered the SXK and YFTK and now I'll have to get the Kindbright! The horror!

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
modmaker 510

i used the varitube on my first one, and the pin was so long, no bottles would fit lol

i did get it drilled, i tried one myself, but the $5 is worth it

enclosure comes scratched, i like matte, just 800 grit away scratches, the doors are shiny and don't need finishing

Thanks for that.

What size did you have them drill the hole? Did you get them to countersink for a washer?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both SXK and YFTK supersonics. The SXK is a tiny bit better, the cap doesn't slide right off.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought the 60W was the one to get since it's a DNA chip. I heard the 70w has issues.

Oh and another damn Le Supersonic! Just ordered the SXK and YFTK and now I'll have to get the Kindbright! The horror!

The DNA 60 version is definitely better but the 70W is the same board Asmodus uses. If you’re a wattage vaper there shouldn’t be any issues.

SXK stopped producing the DNA versions, but I believe if you’re handy with a soldering iron it’s doable. I got my black one converted a while back.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The DNA 60 version is definitely better but the 70W is the same board Asmodus uses. If you’re a wattage vaper there shouldn’t be any issues.

SXK stopped producing the DNA versions, but I believe if you’re handy with a soldering iron it’s doable. I got my black one converted a while back.

Its the same board in the Silvanna mod it was a collaborative thing between ultroner and SXK Asmodus just put there logo button and branding on it for the stabwood Silvanna mod that took 18650 or 26650 cells, an charged more , than Ultroner but the same mod an boards went to 5 other brands ,
Boards not bad at all ,
has some ok features
TCR , curve , and bypass , i have an Ultroner stabwood 70w mod and it just a Silvanna without Asmodus button ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Orderd the RSQ! I'm a squonker again capo 100 left a very bad impression. I couldn't wait for the pulse 80w to come out and then wait for review's. I think I made the right choice it was the RSQ or the Hcigar VT Inbov V3. Anyone have any suggestions or tips on the RSQ

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Orderd the RSQ! I'm a squonker again capo 100 left a very bad impression. I couldn't wait for the pulse 80w to come out and then wait for review's. I think I made the right choice it was the RSQ or the Hcigar VT Inbov V3. Anyone have any suggestions or tips on the RSQ

LOVE my RSQ. No real tips other than updating the software is kind of PITA. Someone wrote up instructions to follow a few pages back IIRCC.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a few dna75 boards and we'll they are nice to customize but I really like my rsq.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
LOVE my RSQ. No real tips other than updating the software is kind of PITA. Someone wrote up instructions to follow a few pages back IIRCC.

Does anyone make custom panels for it?

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Updating the RSQ is a pain!
I never got it to work. I used the low tech solution to get rid of the lights.
Simple, small piece of electrical tape overt the led light hole behind the bottle and no more lights.
Other than that I love this mod!

Sent from the Far Side

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seen some had issues with the dna75. I really don't use tc or anything. Just power and Im good. Don't need nothing fancy just wanted a good soild good quality mod.

Then you made a good, frugal choice. The RSQ is super solid, great form factor, and provides the power it says it does. It’s also nice looking to boot.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was reading about this cotton for RDA,s says it wicks quickly so no good for tanks but good for RDA,s
dd36355e235d190c0165965af2bda8eb.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I've also ordered the largest ship out of Muji cotton that FastTech had listed, 180 pcs. :)
I like both the Rayon and the Muji cotton. Might do some experimentation and come up
with some blended kind of fabric/textile for wicks. People come blended, got male and female and we've started getting swapers as well we had the natural hermaphrodites. Reckon we could blend synthetic and natural fibers too.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like mine. Don’t us it much these days though.

Is it good for higher nic salts and less vapor ? If so its between a billet or a pod system like the jule prefrence would be the limitless one because u can refill the pods

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it good for higher nic salts and less vapor ? If so its between a billet or a pod system like the jule prefrence would be the limitless one because u can refill the pods

Yeah the SXK one comes with a bridge to use Nautilus coils so nic salts would be a viable option. It isn’t the stealthiest of devices though. It’s probably four to five times the size of the of the Size of the Juul if not more.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the SXK one comes with a bridge to use Nautilus coils so nic salts would be a viable option. It isn’t the stealthiest of devices though. It’s probably four to five times the size of the of the Size of the Juul if not more.

Yea should have stated what i ment by stealth lol i meant vape production wise

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, check out what's coming from MCV, I have a few of their Mod's and RDA'S. The design and machining not to mention the performance is difficult to even match.

Kind of debating on getting one.

https://dragonsdenvapor.com/Reactor-Squonk-by-MCV-Philippines-Pre-Order-reactor.htm

https://dragonsdenvapor.com/images/1(600).jpg
https://dragonsdenvapor.com/images/3(208).jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Very cool looking.However the price makes this 1 too prohibitively expensive.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Updating the RSQ is a pain!
I never got it to work. I used the low tech solution to get rid of the lights.
Simple, small piece of electrical tape overt the led light hole behind the bottle and no more lights.
Other than that I love this mod!

Sent from the Far Side
Is that LED light really such a big deal?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well hell I've got a coppervape coming into the mail today and just got to mod maker 510. I'm glad you put this up. I'd have never thought about putting a MM in there. But I will today. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Okay, I've taken the attie off a few times to make minor adjustments and the last time the 510 started to unscrew itself from the body of the mod, lol

Will need to get a locking washer or something - was easy to hand thread back down, but the point of this is to make a super kick ass easy to use squonker, not something that needs to be fiddled with

If I add a lock washer, will need to extend the squonk pin, or find a much thinner nut or the pin itself will not be long enough to accommodate a more traditional bottle

Still can't find my spare silkie :mad:

Might try out the taller bottles put out for the Therion....

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

With Nic Salts it really just comes down to the build and wattage. But I personally wouldn't use an RDA with them regardless. In all honesty grabbing something like the Sourin Air for them is perfect. Keeps your high Nic Salts away from any possibility of being mistakenly used at high wattage etc... Just a thought

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just turned mine off and it stayed off. However, when I swap batteries I have to reorient the screen. I don’t know if that’s an update thing or not.
I still don't get how a LED is bothering people so much.Fuck it's just a tiny little light.Am I missing something here?

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I still don't get how a LED is bothering people so much.Fuck it's just a tiny little light.Am I missing something here?
During the day? No. At night? Yes. Kills stealth (numerous reasons that is needed) and is annoying if you are driving, watching a movie, etc... At least that is why I would be annoyed by anything that can't go full stealth mode.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
During the day? No. At night? Yes. Kills stealth (numerous reasons that is needed) and is annoying if you are driving, watching a movie, etc... At least that is why I would be annoyed by anything that can't go full stealth mode.

Aaaaand that light is fuckin bright as all hell! I prefer my mods to have style, not flash.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just turned mine off and it stayed off. However, when I swap batteries I have to reorient the screen. I don’t know if that’s an update thing or not.
You don't need to update it,but you do need the HM tools software to make the screen stay the way you want it.If you have that program already,plug your mod into your computer,open the software and go to i think it says settings,it has a box for screen orientation,click which way you want it,then at the top of the page it says update or upload settings or something like that haha,but after that,the screen will stay how you want it.That was my 1 and only complaint about the Rsq,once i figured it out,it's been perfect since,so i bought another one haha.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't need to update it,but you do need the HM tools software to make the screen stay the way you want it.If you have that program already,plug your mod into your computer,open the software and go to i think it says settings,it has a box for screen orientation,click which way you want it,then at the top of the page it says update or upload settings or something like that haha,but after that,the screen will stay how you want it.That was my 1 and only complaint about the Rsq,once i figured it out,it's been perfect since,so i bought another one haha.
Nice I’ll give it a try. Thanks

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Then you made a good, frugal choice. The RSQ is super solid, great form factor, and provides the power it says it does. It’s also nice looking to boot.

Unless you get red! The paint chips if you look at it wrong! Mine was already chipped out the box but never got a response from cs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors