Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 160
I really hate my 160 Atty, just my two cents. It doesn't matter what build I use if the watts aren't at at least 120 I get no decent clouds.

San Antonio,Texas
atty kinda sucks. using the velocity styled build deck you must raise the coils up to the top of the posts for best performance.
You want the coils where the air slots will hit them along their bottom half.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heard that the li po battery sucks ass on that mod shame :( other than mechs is it safe to assume there just aren't decent squonkers out there?
I have a few of Catfish attys 200 watt squonkers from over at ECF, but he has the small li-po packs too... since I have a half dozen, there is always a few fully charged.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i'm having quite a good run with second hand RDA

just bought a CAM stumpy

i have one clone, which sat for around a year before i really played with it, by which time there were no more to be had

It's a damn good atty! I'm debating sending another Tugboat v2 for conversion.

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Say compadres, anyone else using straight kanthal single coils and low wattage? I fucked around tonite and came up with a 6 wrap, .55 coil that vapes like a house afire in a single coil configuration on my Tsunami 24's. Pretty stoked!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Say compadres, anyone else using straight kanthal single coils and low wattage? I fucked around tonite and came up with a 6 wrap, .55 coil that vapes like a house afire in a single coil configuration on my Tsunami 24's. Pretty stoked!

Sometimes I still use regular kanthal - and I never vape below .8 ohms

Also rarely use double coils and tend to keep the wattage low when using regulated mods

Don't like airy vapes or warm ones either

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am pretty sure that at .55 and 20 W on a regulated mod I'm doing OK safety wise

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And I can't vape SS!
I've tried a few ways, cuz the lower resistance would work well for some things I like, but it makes me cough...very weird.
I use mostly kanthal, and just got some nichrome.
Usually building single wire, dual coils, at 0.4 to 0.5.
Occasionally, will do something like twisted or parallel for an atty that wants a single like a Hadaly or Narda.

For some reason kanthal tastes like hot metal ass to me. I also found it a pain in the ass to build with.
I can't tolerate kanthal either. Or SS, they are similar alloys.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just took advantage of the flash sale at FT and ordered a Coppervape and a couple of the repair kits. Probably going to order a Pico squeeze from a US vendor also as I've really been wanting one of those too. Vape mail is good,but squonking mail is EPIC!

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did anyone who recently purchased the VT-Inbox get an ultem or ultem-like cap for their Maze rda in the box? I did and it's not bad at all that way. I've been running it with one pair of air holes closed and the small chamber is working well with a couple of 36k/26N 2.5mm 6 wrap claptons. I'm using it on my Dripbox 60 instead of the HCigar though.

Also in my scramble to find things I already had to use with my new bottom feed mods I came up with a weird combo. The Movkin JC25 RDA deck is Kennedy style, comes with a BF pin, and an authentic Goon 24 cap fits it pretty much perfectly. The Movkin cap is garbage though. It overhangs it's deck and puts deep atty rings onto mods. The Goon cap stops at the base of the deck like they were made for each other.

(edit: a pic of the Ultem Maze cap can be found on a French vendors site via google, don't know if i can post the link)

Last edited:

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just took advantage of the flash sale at FT and ordered a Coppervape and a couple of the repair kits. Probably going to order a Pico squeeze from a US vendor also as I've really been wanting one of those too. Vape mail is good,but squonking mail is EPIC!

I also got some 'REDPACKET' stuff. BF-pins, bottles, and Hadaly and O-atty clones. If they're good I hope to buy authentic. Not too worried about the extra CNY wait time either.

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did anyone who recently purchased the VT-Inbox get an ultem or ultem-like cap for their Maze rda in the box? I did and it's not bad at all that way. I've been running it with one pair of air holes closed and the small chamber is working well with a couple of 36k/26N 2.5mm 6 wrap claptons. I'm using it on my Dripbox 60 instead of the HCigar though.

Also in my scramble to find things I already had to use with my new bottom feed mods I came up with a weird combo. The Movkin JC25 RDA deck is Kennedy style, comes with a BF pin, and an authentic Goon 24 cap fits it pretty much perfectly. The Movkin cap is garbage though. It overhangs it's deck and puts deep atty rings onto mods. The Goon cap stops at the base of the deck like they were made for each other.

(edit: a pic of the Ultem Maze cap can be found on a French vendors site via google, don't know if i can post the link)

An ultem came with the maze 2 and both of my vt-inboxs. A very nice vape with the ultim imo making the chamber smaller than the standard cap. It's seems made more for dc and I'm more into single but still a really nice atty considering the crap most devices are bundled with.

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I've got one and used it maybe twice. I didn't realize it was a 25mm massive airflow atty when I ordered it, must have been drinking to much. It's got 3 big sideways shaped air holes and that can adjust to two, not my style but if you're into big builds, airflow, clouds and have some power to put behind it I'm sure it'd be great, I've talked to several that loved it and I just kinda say oooook.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Received my hadaly today.

Very tight cap. But looks promising. I'll throw a build in once I have a few coffees

Just wanted to give you a Heartfelt Thank you for your posts on AVF about my mods. One of your fellow Aussies just bought one last night and I got it shipped out today. Now to see how long it takes to get there. :bliss:. Very much appreciated.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just wanted to give you a Heartfelt Thank you for your posts on AVF about my mods. One of your fellow Aussies just bought one last night and I got it shipped out today. Now to see how long it takes to get there. :bliss:. Very much appreciated.
You make nice mods.

Hopefully you have better luck with the USPS/auspost team than Kent and I are having. Usually safe to say 6 days to East coast, but sometimes up to 2 weeks.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Received my hadaly today.

Very tight cap. But looks promising. I'll throw a build in once I have a few coffees

Been working on my SXK Hadaly opening up the hole size in the topcap to match the holes in the base. Taking my time to do a good job with microfiles and such and so far I like the Hadaly more than I did. A bit over halfway there on the modification.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thid hadaly is nice. So easy to build on

I have to get one of these attys...I've heard enough talk about it, I think it's safe to say it's a good RDA.....:)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You folks buying the authentic hadaly, or clone?

In this case, I really prefer the authentic. The clones are not 1.1 and can be problematic

You should check your stash - I thought you got some awhile back and just never busted them out:cool:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In this case, I really prefer the authentic. The clones are not 1.1 and can be problematic

You should check your stash - I thought you got some awhile back and just never busted them out:cool:
I never bought a hadaly, I'll get the authentic...only have one clone, catfish twisted my arm to buy.....:)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
dc8fb9236a95a323c94ef31b18a3bb5a.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
With all this talk, I feel like I need to get the authentic Hadaly! Hanging around with y'all is getting kinda' spensive! The crazy thing is, I'm buying all this new gear and loving it! Thanks a bunch

It's an investment though :D

I will say the squonking in the Juicy household has been exceptional tonight :bliss:

VU Sponsors