Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coppervape (brass) on its way, Wraith on its way. 2 Picos , a Dripbox160 and a Dripbox2 with a Chalice lll on top. I have 2 Origen 16mm, a O-atty, Hadaly, and Narda from FT, a LowPro authentic I don't really care for, Derringer (Catfish edition), and a Derringer authentic that was squonk-a-fied, cerakoted Odin and a few others ordered from FT and 3F that most probably will make it here by 4th of July. though I'm sure of the year.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Coppervape (brass) on its way, Wraith on its way. 2 Picos , a Dripbox160 and a Dripbox2 with a Chalice lll on top. I have 2 Origen 16mm, a O-atty, Hadaly, and Narda from FT, a LowPro authentic I don't really care for, Derringer (Catfish edition), and a Derringer authentic that was squonk-a-fied, cerakoted Odin and a few others ordered from FT and 3F that most probably will make it here by 4th of July. though I'm sure of the year.

i think you are doing well

things to watch for used and jump on straight away if they come up:

stumpy RDA [authentic or clone]
nuppin RDA [authentic only]
chalice 2 [never cloned to my knowledge]
divo RDA [tight mtl, never cloned that i know of]

that's all i can think of for now

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Say compadres, anyone else using straight kanthal single coils and low wattage? I fucked around tonite and came up with a 6 wrap, .55 coil that vapes like a house afire in a single coil configuration on my Tsunami 24's. Pretty stoked!

Yes, I use straight plain old kanthal. I use dual and single coils. I have a single in the Narda currently that is hitting around 1.23 oHm. It is doing 'eh' okay for me. I do build singles at times that hit fro, .3 to .6 that hammer on a mechanical. :) Once in while I might want to enjoy a single clapton wire coil just for a change of pace. Beyond that I'm quite happy using plain old dumb kanthal. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't like airy vapes or warm ones either

A little more lenient on the airy vapes, it's been a gradual coming to it though. Still don't care for hot, hot, vapes. Finding it true as well that air flow control, as in more air helps cool down lower ohm coils. Then, you get a cooler vape. :)

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Say compadres, anyone else using straight kanthal single coils and low wattage? I fucked around tonite and came up with a 6 wrap, .55 coil that vapes like a house afire in a single coil configuration on my Tsunami 24's. Pretty stoked!
Single coil kanthal at 0.7 - 0.8 ohms in a mech is my standard vape. I settled into it a couple of years ago & found it keeps me happy.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I built my Goon LP up last night. I used the Ultem cap and some small gauge single core clapton coils. 8-ish wraps came out to about .5ohm and just fit with wick. Even though the opening in the center pin is above the deck by 2mm or so it feeds the coils very well as the juice gets at least partially contained by the clamps and coils.

Using the Ultem cap, with the airholes closed down almost to round holes it was still very airy and produced just decent flavor. I think the ultem cap, while it looks good, isn't sealing very well. Going to try the metal cap when I get home tonight.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dc8fb9236a95a323c94ef31b18a3bb5a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Ooh, I like that tip. Is that wood? (I'm making it easy, Lucy)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if you like tight draws, and single strand micro coils [where a micro coil is a 1.5mm or 1/16 ID contact coil]
Thank you @DogMan , I was looking for the DIVO and found this. I am very happy with the Chalice lll, been looking for a Chalice ll but couldn't find anything. I'm very tempted to write to Mark Bugs about making another run.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you @DogMan , I was looking for the DIVO and found this. I am very happy with the Chalice lll, been looking for a Chalice ll but couldn't find anything. I'm very tempted to write to Mark Bugs about making another run.

fasttech did sell hornet clones, but i imagine long out of stock

someone may have one though

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:tantrum:

Forwarded HOPEWELL JUNCTION, NY January 27, 2017 8:43 am
Arrived at USPS Facility LAGRANGEVILLE, NY 12540 January 27, 2017 8:42 am
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility ALBANY, NY 12288 January 26, 2017 9:53 pm
Departed USPS Destination Facility KEARNY, NJ 07032 January 25, 2017 11:34 pm
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility KEARNY, NJ 07032 January 24, 2017 11:47 pm
Forwarded HOPEWELL JUNCTION, NY January 23, 2017 11:33 am
Arrived at USPS Facility LAGRANGEVILLE, NY 12540 January 23, 2017 11:27 am
Arrived at Unit LAGRANGEVILLE, NY 12540 January 23, 2017 8:03 am
Arrived at USPS Facility NEWBURGH, NY 12555 January 21, 2017 3:31 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility ALBANY, NY 12288 January 21, 2017 2:32 am
Departed USPS Facility PROVIDENCE, RI 02904 January 19, 2017 8:38 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility PROVIDENCE, RI 02904 January 18, 2017 8:22 pm
Processed Through Facility ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) January 17, 2017 1:46 pm
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Processed Through Facility MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA January 13, 2017 1:39 pm
Acceptance AUSTRALIA January 12, 2017 9:45 am

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have any of you guys try the Lazy or the Tired? I'm tempted, but at that price, I'd rather save my pennies and try to get another Chalice lll/

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nickel is kinda good, PITA to build with though

can't tolerate SS, haven't tried titanium
I only use SS now. Never tried TI or NI Might get some Nichrome and try that in TC. Some of my mods 'say' that they work with it in TC.

The TC for SS on the DB160 works nice. Smooth and sensitive. I can just bump the temp up or down a few degrees and tell a difference.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I only use SS now. Never tried TI or NI Might get some Nichrome and try that in TC. Some of my mods 'say' that they work with it in TC.

The TC for SS on the DB160 works nice. Smooth and sensitive. I can just bump the temp up or down a few degrees and tell a difference.

Ss makes my throat scratchy. Same with kanthal

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hornet has no airflow adjustment - if it's too tight, you need a drill.
Same site, I see, has the Cyclone with AFC, which I think is still an awesome atty.
Might want to put that on your "eyes open for one" list - a gazillion of them are out there. Might even find one already bottom-fed, either stock or modified. I had a couple, and kept one (but I sold my Hornet, and my Divo when I switched to more airflow).

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hornet has no airflow adjustment - if it's too tight, you need a drill.
Same site, I see, has the Cyclone with AFC, which I think is still an awesome atty.
Might want to put that on your "eyes open for one" list - a gazillion of them are out there. Might even find one already bottom-fed, either stock or modified. I had a couple, and kept one (but I sold my Hornet, and my Divo when I switched to more airflow).
I'd forgotten about cyclones. Lots out there, and WTB ads usually have offers.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I liked the Cyclone (have a V1) but once it gets hot, it takes an awful long time to cool off

EDIT: I don't recommend it if you already have top of the line MTL tight draw atties

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

I just received some 24 AWG Clapton coils for use with my DB2.

Once the original coils go, looking forward to trying them out in TC mode which I don't have much experience with.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received some 24 AWG Clapton coils for use with my DB2.

Once the original coils go, looking forward to trying them out in TC mode which I don't have much experience with.
Tip on TC mode with Kangers.
Without an atty on the mod press fire until you get a message about check Atomizer.
Then put your atty on on, make sure it is at room temperature.
Press fire, you should then get new/old atty message. Press Up I think it is for new atty and away you go.
3 clicks to switch modes.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Tip on TC mode with Kangers.
Without an atty on the tank press fire until you get a message about check Atomizer.
Then put your atty on on, make sure it is at room temperature.
Press fire, you should then get new/old atty message. Press Up I think it is for new atty and away you go.
3 clicks to switch modes.

Many Thanks Kind Sir!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Quick, put a Goon cap on that RDA before the stock cap scratches the shit out of your mod!
you had issues with this RDA scratching your mod?
It's a 25mm RDA, i think my goon clone is 24mm IIRC. but I'm sure i have an RDA with a cap that would fit. i have dozens lol

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes I did. It made deep scratches on two of my mods. Deck on mine is obviously for a 24mm RDA and the 25mm cap overhangs it and is razor thin. My authentic Goon cap fits perfectly and sits on the lip around the base.IMG_20170127_172030.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes I did. It made deep scratches on two of my mods. Deck on mine is obviously for a 24mm RDA and the 25mm cap overhangs it and is razor thin. My authentic Goon cap fits perfectly and sits on the lip around the base.View attachment 72930
Thanks for the tip! kinda sucks since I wanted the colors to match lol but i appreciate not having my mod fucked up so I'll try my goon cap on it. i have the black one so it'll still match. I have a black chutulu shuriken i could try as well. I'll try them out and find out. Thanks for the tip!
Also did you try it on the movkin disguier? I'm pretty sure i have a small gap between the atty and the mod so i may be ok. i'll have to double check. or i can buy one of those mod felt protectors worse case.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought my RDA separately. Maybe it was sold that way because they realized the problem? The JC25 RDAs are out the pretty cheap if anyone wants one for a dual coil deck that comes with a squonk pin.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I bought my RDA separately. Maybe it was sold that way because they realized the problem? The JC25 RDAs are out the pretty cheap if anyone wants one for a dual coil deck that comes with a squonk pin.
yeah it was 10 bucks. got it to match the atty.
I have a velocity V2 clone and an tsunami 24 glass window as well both with BF pins. I'll probably use the Tsunami on it mostly. I love that thing and the sqounk mod allows me to use it and not have to drip

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I meant hopefully they fixed the problem and yours will be good. I wanted to squonk for the same reasons, I really like RDAs, but sometimes dripping is inconvenient or just a pain in the ass.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loving this charm clone. Took me a while to figure it out. Closed bottom AF and now I can squonk away no leaky.And still very nice Vape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Just_Calle

Member For 4 Years
I got my Hadaly today. I like it so far. I'll work on it this weekend but it'll be hard to let it replace the goon LP on my wraith.
1ddfd2637640f8e80b1470af9acb92f7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That is... Amazingly, I've had mine since they released, and still haven't used it on a BF mod

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors