Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Loving this charm clone. Took me a while to figure it out. Closed bottom AF and now I can squonk away no leaky.And still very nice Vape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Here is a real one - possibly the cleanest feeling vape but not getting the MTL experience I was hoping for- yet.
Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 6.02.27 PM.png

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
How is it as a lung hit....

Excellent if you enjoy restricted air, which I do.

Still haven't build it with a double coil or put in on a regulated squonker - still a lot of paces to put it through.

Not sure I can afford authentic lol.More than my DNA 250 triade.

That complex air flow system made me doubt a clone would be comparable, like what happened with the Chalice III vs clones

I might pick up a clone and compare. It's a unique piece, but I'm not ready to recommend anyone spend that much on one yet, lol

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Excellent if you enjoy restricted air, which I do.

Still haven't build it with a double coil or put in on a regulated squonker - still a lot of paces to put it through.

That complex air flow system made me doubt a clone would be comparable, like what happened with the Chalice III vs clones

I might pick up a clone and compare. It's a unique piece, but I'm not ready to recommend anyone spend that much on one yet, lol
Cool! I don't want to put the hadlay on a squonker. But, this looks to be ideal.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Cool! I don't want to put the hadlay on a squonker. But, this looks to be ideal.

Todd's review is pretty spot on for info - and getting a good look inside

I was hoping for a modern version of the Chalice III, but it is it's own atty.

It does chuck clouds, but too much flavor lost for my tastes when you open it up full throttle - but I build high

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I was hoping for a modern version of the Chalice III, but it is it's own atty.

It does chuck clouds, but too much flavor lost for my tastes when you open it up full throttle - but I build high
I saw his review and he's usually pretty good when it comes to describing performance. I still like waiting to see what daily users think with some of the pricier authentics.

I build pretty low, on my.okl squonker and that's what this would go on.

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Say, Lucy Darling, what wattage are you running on your .8 builds?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think lucy mostly vapes mechs, so

View attachment 72959

This is true, only running this one regulated squonker right now - mainly for work. No time to practice battery safety on the job, lol

I saw his review and he's usually pretty good when it comes to describing performance. I still like waiting to see what daily users think with some of the pricier authentics.
I build pretty low, on my.okl squonker and that's what this would go on.

Me too. This is one of the few cases where I just jumped in without much input, mainly because I love Mark Bugs stuff and wanted something snazzy for my new Tmod

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Ja, Si, Da, Ji, Yes, Todd is THE Guy as far as squonker & RDA reviews. Him and Super X Drifter both do real well, though Super X seems better suited for the "here's how" kind of videos, in my two pennies.

Yay! Picture page!

CV_mod1.jpg CV_mod2.jpg CV_mod3.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is true, only running this one regulated squonker right now - mainly for work. No time to practice battery safety on the job, lol

Me too. This is one of the few cases where I just jumped in without much input, mainly because I love Mark Bugs stuff and wanted something snazzy for my new Tmod
I've done that with a few things, NaRda and magma reborn come to mind) but I've been lucky so far. One day I'll end up eating it. Bahaha

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ja, Si, Da, Ji, Yes, Todd is THE Guy as far as squonker & RDA reviews. Him and Super X Drifter both do real well, though Super X seems better suited for the "here's how" kind of videos, in my two pennies.

Yay! Picture page!

View attachment 72961 View attachment 72962 View attachment 72963

I almost never watch a review until after I get interested in something that others who vape my way say they really like it, then there are only a few I can stomach. Mainly I watch to get a good look at the innards and hear any downsides others might not have noticed or noted.

Works for me

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I almost never watch a review until after I get interested in something that others who vape my way say they really like it, then there are only a few I can stomach. Mainly I watch to get a good look at the innards and hear any downsides others might not have noticed or noted.

Works for me

Normally find myself walking a similar path. Though it did kind of nip me a touch. I think more than not it was silly vaper error. Just had to have an O16, yes, needed it like it was capitulation wrapped in bacon. It got here and I was stumped due to phat fumbling fingers. Got started building on 22mm, not tiny 16mm. Oh well, @Train got a nearly new O16. *chuckles* Or he should have, if our postal service works. Of course he might have pif'ed it as well. Think somewhere we have this strange game of pif the magic rda going on. Reminds me, I do need to see the new Pete's Magic Dragon, and another one released recently A Dog's Purpose. Well, I'll see 'em when i get there, if I don't crash five minutes into watching them. *chuckles*

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yay! Picture page!

View attachment 72961 View attachment 72962 View attachment 72963
Can't stand super X. His really early videos were ok. 5 minutes. No bullshit or penis fencing. Just the important stuff. Now he is a bigger tosser than rip

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vaping one now!
I keep dabbling in new atties, but ALWAYS have an 0-16 and a Nuppin fired up...
:):)
Normally find myself walking a similar path. Though it did kind of nip me a touch. I think more than not it was silly vaper error. Just had to have an O16, yes, needed it like it was capitulation wrapped in bacon. It got here and I was stumped due to phat fumbling fingers. Got started building on 22mm, not tiny 16mm. Oh well, @Train got a nearly new O16. *chuckles* Or he should have, if our postal service works. Of course he might have pif'ed it as well. Think somewhere we have this strange game of pif the magic rda going on. Reminds me, I do need to see the new Pete's Magic Dragon, and another one released recently A Dog's Purpose. Well, I'll see 'em when i get there, if I don't crash five minutes into watching them. *chuckles*

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone here think an authentic O16 is worth the investment compared to the clone?

I have two of the clones, and wasn't impressed at first. Now I almost always have one in rotation, but they come "undone" easily, and I can't see the clones lasting in the long run.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Undone? you mean the AFC ring spins?
I haven't had that happen...and I have with other "ring" style AFC's...

Honestly, I have to look at the deck or the bottom to tell the clone from the authentic - to me, they seem to provide pretty much the same performance.
Anyone here think an authentic O16 is worth the investment compared to the clone?

I have two of the clones, and wasn't impressed at first. Now I almost always have one in rotation, but they come "undone" easily, and I can't see the clones lasting in the long run.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Undone? you mean the AFC ring spins?
I haven't had that happen...and I have with other "ring" style AFC's...

Honestly, I have to look at the deck or the bottom to tell the clone from the authentic - to me, they seem to provide pretty much the same performance.
What brand of clone? I got the 3f vape 11 dollar ones

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Both mine are from Focal - can't remember the cloner on those

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
mine the caps aren't tight enough

or maybe should phrase it as o-rings aren't fat enough?

couldn't hold a mod by my 0-16 clone cos cap would slip off

same issue?

They aren't machined as well as they could be, that's for sure.

The flavor is excellent and I have no problems using them all day long.

But I like to swipe my rigs down every evening with vodka, just to keep things humming until weekend cleaning. When I go to unscrew it from the mod, the rings all loosen up. On one of them, you have to take the whole top off and unscrew the base separately.

A minor PITA I guess for such a neat little flavor atty - but I do think they won't last all that long, which is important to me. Had them for quite awhile, but only been keeping them in regular rotation since last month

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can't stand super X. His really early videos were ok. 5 minutes. No bullshit or penis fencing. Just the important stuff. Now he is a bigger tosser than rip

Had not notice that myself. You're welcome to a different view. It isn't as though I will go run off with either or anything, merely seeing the differences I see in each of their ways of presenting vaping stuff. We all like what we like, don't what we don't. Thanks for a glimpse at a different view, too. Might need to look at more of the more recent videos.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had to look - one at least was Shenray, from Focal, back in September.
Must be a "batch" difference maybe - cuz mine are snug. SImilar to authentic, tight enough to pick up a Coppervape by the cap (haven't tried the brass one though, cuz that's got my one brassy atty on it).;)

Both mine are from Focal - can't remember the cloner on those

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I have a Focal clone. I make sure the top is pretty tight on it. I haven't had a problem with it

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
c9630c95cc050d06a362cffac5c8fe60.jpg
May not be authentic but looks nice lol

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sooo I'm missing the Squonk world and think I need to join it again. I want to try and keep it under $300.... Suggestions? I had a LP before but not a fan of the bridge since I was 22-24mm atties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sooo I'm missing the Squonk world and think I need to join it again. I want to try and keep it under $300.... Suggestions? I had a LP before but not a fan of the bridge since I was 22-24mm atties.

Welcome back.

$300 is an odd bracket. Most are under $200 or above $400.

You could look into a used tmod. Custom classics prices used are steadily dropping too.

Some would say a $30 coppervape is close enough.

VT inbox or halcyon are both good regulated devices.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome back.

$300 is an odd bracket. Most are under $200 or above $400.

You could look into a used tmod. Custom classics prices used are steadily dropping too.

Some would say a $30 coppervape is close enough.

VT inbox or halcyon are both good regulated devices.

If need be I could spend a fair amount more, my new job pays me well.

If 75 W is enough for you, I'm digging the VT75 DNA - - -
I generally build pretty low and with the 75w mods I get the battery warning a lot

VU Sponsors