Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aspire Feedlink Revvo kit update...

Down to 97% thrilled.

The included ARC coils read at around 0.12Ω, so I am using LG HB6 1500 mAh 30 Amp cells. I know it's got onboard protections, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. As a result, this thing eats batteries like nobody's business. When it flashes orange, the cells are only down to around 3.36 Volts. I'm on my 3rd cell.

Of course, I'm also on my third refill in the Squonk bottle.

And that Squonk bottle... Again, this is the cleanest squonker I've ever used. I pulled out my Boxer, Pico, and Dripbox tonight to compare. They were all juicy, and messy to fill in comparison.

I had a falling out with Aspire over the Odyssey/Pegasus/Triton kit. I was excited about the kit when announced, so I pre-ordered. Before it arrived, the reviewers slammed the mod for the 30 Watt "sensing" pulse (which worked... It always sensed a fried coil!), and the tank for being restrictive and impossible to service. By the time mine arrived, Aspire announced that updates had been made to solve the problems. Yeah, my pre-order took that long. When I called Aspire to see if there was any way to get mine updated, they said sure... Order a new one. Grrrrrr!

I thought they might have redeemed themselves with the Archon... Nice board, but kinda cheap feeling and narrow (even 22mm atties appeared to overhang). Then came the Speeder... Better, but not quite. The Skystar is very nice. But this one is kinda icing on the cake.

Aspire, you are forgiven (for now... Don't ;×;!*]¥Ω¿´ it up!).

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Down to 97% thrilled.

The included ARC coils read at around 0.12Ω, so I am using LG HB6 1500 mAh 30 Amp cells. I know it's got onboard protections, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. As a result, this thing eats batteries like nobody's business. When it flashes orange, the cells are only down to around 3.36 Volts. I'm on my 3rd cell.

And that Squonk bottle... Again, this is the cleanest squonker I've ever used. I pulled out my Boxer, Pico, and Dripbox tonight to compare. They were all juicy, and messy to fill in comparison.

I had a falling out with Aspire over the Odyssey/Pegasus/Triton kit. I was excited about the kit when announced, so I pre-ordered. Before it arrived, the reviewers slammed the mod for the 30 Watt "sensing" pulse (which worked... It always sensed a fried coil!), and the tank for being restrictive and impossible to service. By the time mine arrived, Aspire announced that updates had been made to solve the problems. Yeah, my pre-order took that long. When I called Aspire to see if there was any way to get mine updated, they said sure... Order a new one. Grrrrrr!

I thought they might have redeemed themselves with the Archon... Nice board, but kinda cheap feeling and narrow (even 22mm atties appeared to overhang). Then came the Speeder... Better, but not quite. The Skystar is very nice. But this one is kinda icing on the cake.

The .12 is the only available coil?
...and where the heck is that ohm sign on a keyboard? :)

Adonis

Member For 1 Year
Need some Orca help.

I know the one I purchased has the silver cbattery strips...the 510 however is not silver coated.

So I want to do this...do I need the larger contact nut or will the one in the kit work just fine.

And what's the better MM bottles to have?...the $9 silicone or the $5 bottles?

In all honesty I'm not crazy about the soft silicone bottles...my nudge has one and it just makes a mess....better alternative?
View attachment 110174

Hi. The smaller nut will work no problems. I've put I picture in with the larger nut installed just for reference . Hope it helps :)

Attachments

• 20180504_125350.jpg
    20180504_125350.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 28

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry for another BB post, just FYI some news as promised as some of you were interested..
New colors coming soon besides the Black in the DNA60, prices will be lower too. Clear (silver) and a weird off-orange color, not like the Kurbis authentic BB orange.
Honeycomb panels will be available ..and the resin panels are coming back too.

91120E82-1A2B-4F52-9D0C-6790CEEE6279.jpeg

BB609D87-343D-4741-8F24-2C4EF49DE9E8.jpeg

92AFCCFC-3EA5-4804-8FAF-6D3C9FEAE4C5.jpeg F90FBCE6-1F5D-4CD5-B169-EBDF7FDBF015.jpeg

Edit: moderator feel free to move to the BB thread if you’d like.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They like to trick you and add a very, very thin screw up the squonk hole you have to remove from what looks like a regular pin

Yep, even the clones from Fast Tech did this, those very, very thin screw up the squonk hole adding bastards I hazard saying they are the most maliciously sadistic and immature, gold bling wearing, blue fishnet stocking with pink panties cross dressing homosexual men that tweeze their eyebrows. You know, the absolute bubble gum sickening effeminate types. *shudders* I don't mind a little twink sweetness but darn it, guys ought to be guys. Quit this very, very thin screw up the squonk hole adding :poop:. It just fucks with so many folks what don't fucking with since they practice the art of GFY.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good guys vape white!

That line of thinking left circa 1933 when gold collection agents wore white shirts here in the U.S. and it all got switched over to the Federal Reserve System. It surprises me you're not more keen to see a new rise of the C.S.A and a pushing to help eliminate or reduce the Federalized government. No, this isn't exactly bat shit insane conspiracy talk. Well bat shit insane, hm, maybe just a smidge. ;) :p :) That still does not denigrate the idea of trying to set right so much wrong.

Maybe 1 day I'll get myself a Pico Squeeze.

*borrowing from one of his favorite recent movies and actors, Way of the Gun with Benicio Del Toro* "You should."

I swear, I've never matured past the age of 13.

That might make a few of us. :)

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On my LG V30, press @1#, then right (>), and the Ω is about where the b key would be.

On Windows, alt+234

Press ?123
Then =\<
Press and hold the π
(Google keyboard on a Pixel XL)

The alt+234 has always worked for me on windows. On my old Samsung Note 4 - so far I've resisted moving to a phone with a built-in battery - I just swipe the space bar once to the right for Greek and use omega for .34Ω :)

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The alt+234 has always worked for me on windows. On my old Samsung Note 4 - so far I've resisted moving to a phone with a built-in battery - I just swipe the space bar once to the right for Greek and use omega for .34Ω :)
Alt+123 is a left curly bracket on my windows machine... Alt+234 is the Ohms symbol...

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Down to 97% thrilled.

Am I correct in assuming this thing is some type of mosfet and can I attach any rsa of choice?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I correct in assuming this thing is some type of mosfet and can I attach any rsa of choice?
Yep... Unregulated, protected with a spring loaded 510. I'm just using the Revvo Tank until the coils are gone...

...or maybe not... Kinda liking 'em...

With the tank, you'll NEVER oversquonk, and I've had no dry hits cause I can always see the liquid level.

Honestly, I thought the idea of a Squonk RDTA was stupid, but this is making me rethink things... Might have to dig the Squonk pin for my Gaia out... Maybe others... Hmmm...

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to run mine with an Exocet RBA around
.3 ohms. It's restricted but definitely able to get a good lung hit.
I wish I could get down with vaping a higher ohm. Might give it a try this weekend. I like the looks of a BB

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, thanks for the info.

With the tank, you'll NEVER oversquonk, and I've had no dry hits cause I can always see the liquid level.

Honestly, I thought the idea of a Squonk RDTA was stupid, but this is making me rethink things... Might have to dig the Squonk pin for my Gaia out... Maybe others... Hmmm...

Yeah, that's always been my opinion also but I admit to the constant temptation of giving the Nixon v1.0 rdta a try since seeing it listed on 3fvape as BF. Mtl and all, I'm thinking the revvo is geared more toward restricted lung... ?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As tempting as that is I really think I'm going to get an authentic. Obviously I'm not against clones or anything, but I've been smoke free and vaping for 5+ years now. I'm in for quality over quantity at this point.
I may not even open the Dober 70w I have en route and unload it while it's minty fresh to get what I spent on it.

Plus the authentic comes with a warranty. I'd rather take shitty customer service vs no customer service.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As tempting as that is I really think I'm going to get an authentic. Obviously I'm not against clones or anything, but I've been smoke free and vaping for 5+ years now. I'm in for quality over quantity at this point.
I may not even open the Dober 70w I have en route and unload it while it's minty fresh to get what I spent on it.

Plus the authentic comes with a warranty. I'd rather take shitty customer service vs no customer service.

Anxious for mine to arrive :cool:

Goober-forget-it-Fet paid for it

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, thanks for the info.

Yeah, that's always been my opinion also but I admit to the constant temptation of giving the Nixon v1.0 rdta a try since seeing it listed on 3fvape as BF. Mtl and all, I'm thinking the revvo is geared more toward restricted lung... ?
It's more geared towards wide open... I'm a DL vaper, and I got it cut in half...

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I hear you on the quality/authentic aspect and this isn't directed at you specifically but...

I'm just not feeling the attraction on the whole BB thing. Already have a BB squonker that I've carried in my back pocket at work for the past 5 years with zero leaks... it's called a reo. I'm sure it's taken as many concrete drops as a BB could handle.

The few times in the past, when I bought some newfangled tank rba and tried them, I went screaming back to my squonkers within 2 days. Having to empty tank and partly disassemble just to see the coil or rebuild vs pulling a cap, pull wick, dryburn, rewick and go.

Perhaps if TC was a necessity for me, I'd see things differently but at this stage of the game, my vape gear/builds are pretty much dialed in so I'm reluctant to jump back in to those small rba types. Yes, my cyclone is small but after 5 years of builds, I can do it in my sleep.

Or perhaps I've just gotten too damn old and stubborn to learn new tricks.
/shrug. No offense bonkers, I can see the appeal... sort of.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the awesome B-Day Cap @BrewBear !

f179abc0bedc41ae8153d1f2743cdb26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need feedback on this tempest mod from cov. I’m so inclined to buy this

https://ecig-city.com/collections/sale/products/tempest-200w-box-mod-council-vapor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's 200 watts for $10.

It does do 200, but only up to 50 in TC.

It's $10

Funky menu.

It's $10

Battery magazine latch is plastic (repaired Stepdot's 3 x now), so no dropping.

It's $10

No USB so no charging or upgrades.

And, it's $10

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I hear you on the quality/authentic aspect and this isn't directed at you specifically but...

I'm just not feeling the attraction on the whole BB thing. Already have a BB squonker that I've carried in my back pocket at work for the past 5 years with zero leaks... it's called a reo. I'm sure it's taken as many concrete drops as a BB could handle.

The few times in the past, when I bought some newfangled tank rba and tried them, I went screaming back to my squonkers within 2 days. Having to empty tank and partly disassemble just to see the coil or rebuild vs pulling a cap, pull wick, dryburn, rewick and go.

Perhaps if TC was a necessity for me, I'd see things differently but at this stage of the game, my vape gear/builds are pretty much dialed in so I'm reluctant to jump back in to those small rba types. Yes, my cyclone is small but after 5 years of builds, I can do it in my sleep.

Or perhaps I've just gotten too damn old and stubborn to learn new tricks.
/shrug. No offense bonkers, I can see the appeal... sort of.

That is almost exactly what I told someone in PM yesterday while discussing whether all the BB talk belongs in the Bonkers thread, lol

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
9339c089eedbb26367cdf8fff470d911.jpg

Two days is a slight delay? This is getting a little ridiculous.

Carpe Nidor
It's China...
Guaranteed you are at the top of their thousands of other CS requests, which also includes a shit ton of order adjusting tickets for OOS products. :giggle:

I waited a month for a replacement positive post on an O-Attty that was stripped only to end up getting a full refund a week later. Fought with them for 2 months over a missing spares kit, had them send out the wrong base for the Kayfun Mini 3 twice and so on.

Maybe buying from China is not for you? :giggle:

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It's China...
Guaranteed you are at the top of their thousands of other CS requests, which also includes a shit ton of order adjusting tickets for OOS products. :giggle:

I waited a month for a replacement positive post on an O-Attty that was stripped only to end up getting a full refund a week later. Fought with them for 2 months over a missing spares kit, had them send out the wrong base for the Kayfun Mini 3 twice and so on.

Maybe buying from China is not for you? :giggle:

I wouldn’t mind waiting for a replacement. I don’t expect anything coming from China to be fast. Right now I’m on 60 plus hours without any type of reply which for me is unacceptable but that’s just me. I’ve messaged them through Paypal so I’ll see if that gets a quicker response. If not I’ll just request a refund through Paypal and move along.

Carpe Nidor

VU Sponsors