Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a beauty! I'm looking to trade for one after seeing them and reading the comments in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I like it a lot so far. I'm not a huge fan of proprietary bottles but the bottle system in this thing is fantastic. It's incredibly well made. Even at $200 for a new one from VA, it's a steal, IMO.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Love the RDA on the black squonker in the middle. Is that one of Vandy Vape's new models?
It's a Requim rda - nice little 2.5mm single coil, comes as a kit with 3 different caps with various air flows. I seem to like the middle one for flavor and it's a little more restrictive than the wide open option. Nice little kit and works great on mechs too.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's a Requim rda - nice little 2.5mm single coil, comes as a kit with 3 different caps with various air flows. I seem to like the middle one for flavor and it's a little more restrictive than the wide open option. Nice little kit and works great on mechs too.

Thanks a lot. May be next on my vape mail list, if I can find one that doesn't cost $15 to ship!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are they rounded enough to fit nicely in the hand or are the edges a little sharp ie: the SQ217?

Hmm - tricky question!
As you can kind of see, all the surfaces do have a gentle curve to them - it's really pretty elegant. BUT the door to body edge is kind of an edge... I'd say it's kind of in-between.

Trying to think of a curvier mech squonk that's still readily available - I just got (finally) a Boxer...
Boxer1.jpg

Then again, what you really want for THE BEST curvy hand-feel...is a Limelight. Maybe ask around for someone selling a Gloom?
Gloom5.jpg

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spent the afternoon re-wicking, cleaning, refilling, charging, etc. All systems are go.

Kt9crmx.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*walks up to the Church of Squonk's podium, gently taps the mic, clears throat* My fellow squonkers, we need more converts. Our monthly quota was off last month or so say the counters of beans. Beans, hmm, ... *leaves the podium ... steps back* That is all. *returns to his quarry of beans, ..*

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very nice collection!

Which one is your favorite?
Thanks!

Oof... not sure I could pick a favorite. They are all special in their own way, lol. The one thing they have in common is they are all exactly what I want them to be, if that makes sense.

I value simplicity and durability above most other criteria, hence only one regulated. The Basium is a terrific squonk mod and I use it daily but its primary function in life is as a build station for my mechs. It's the only regulated mod I own.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks!

Oof... not sure I could pick a favorite. They are all special in their own way, lol. The one thing they have in common is they are all exactly what I want them to be, if that makes sense.

I value simplicity and durability above most other criteria, hence only one regulated. The Basium is a terrific squonk mod and I use it daily but its primary function in life is as a build station for my mechs. It's the only regulated mod I own.
I noticed that you don't have an SQ in the collection, have you tried one?

For me the SQ217 and Spade 21700 are top 2. The Spade is the best built imo, I love the battery cap set-up and being able to adjust with it. My only negative is the spring loaded 510, I have to build lower when using the Spade as opposed to other self manual adjusting options. If the Spade hit like the SQ it would be the perfect mech squonk.

All of the mech squonks I've used over the years have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm still waiting for someone to build the perfect one for me which is what makes this all fun because it's so subjective, my perfect isn't the next guys perfect.

Last edited:

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I noticed that you don't have an SQ in the collection, have you tried one?

For me the SQ217 and Spade 21700 are top 2. The Spade is the best built imo, I love the battery cap set-up and being able to adjust with it. My only negative is the spring loaded 510, I have to build lower when using the Spade as opposed to other self manual adjusting options. If the Spade hit like the SQ it would be the perfect mech squonk.

All of the mech squonks I've used over the years have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm still waiting for someone to build the perfect one for me which is what makes this all fun because it's so objective, my perfect isn't the next guys perfect.

I've had the Topside version of the SQ but not the 217. The shape didn't jive with me.

I agree the Spades are beautifully made and a joy to use - as nice or nicer than many $400+ mods I've owned. The fit and finish are pretty amazing for the price point. I'm running ~0.22 singles on both of mine and it's just about right for me. My only reservations were the proprietary bottle system (which I absolutely love now) and the fiddly nature of full disassembly. I can get over the disassembly bit. The SQ Topside was a real PITA to fully disassemble as well.

I can't say I've owned my perfect mech squonk, but the current crop scratches most of the itches and satisfies just about all of my use cases. For now anyway, lol.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The KRMA is still one of the best single coil squonking atty's, almost impossible to over squonk and great flavor View attachment 187289
Do you set the coil higher than the coil rod guide? I had it higher and lots of spit back but good flavor - I went lower and no spit back but a little less flavor. Using a 3mm .19 alien n80 alien.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Do you set the coil higher than the coil rod guide? I had it higher and lots of spit back but good flavor - I went lower and no spit back but a little less flavor. Using a 3mm .19 alien n80 alien.

Try a 2.5mm .28(ish build) in the krma. Its a thing of beauty

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

What @Wb80 said is how I run mine, usually ohm out around .24 on a 2.5mm fused clapton right at the coil rod guide and get great flavor.

Aliens will traditionally give you more spit back, but you know that. I find that with a 3.0mm coil I don't get enough air movement in the deck, if that makes sense?

Last edited:

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What @Wb80 said is how I run mine, usually ohm out around .24 on a 2.5mm fused clapton right at the coil rod guide and get great flavor.

Aliens will traditionally give you more spit back, but you know that. I find that with a 3.0mm coil I don't get enough air movement in the deck, if that makes sense?
Try a 2.5mm .28(ish build) in the krma. Its a thing of beauty
I will try this tomorrow - Thanks!

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know - it isn't spitting back like it was and the flavor is better. Not ready to call it a flavor banger yet. N90 SFC 2x28/38 2.5mm at a .23Ω

I think I'm just too attached to my Hadaly - anyone want to trade a KRMA Mission XV for a Hadaly lol

20211026_210735.jpg20211026_210745.jpg

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I don't know - it isn't spitting back like it was and the flavor is better. Not ready to call it a flavor banger yet. N90 SFC 2x28/38 2.5mm at a .23Ω

I think I'm just too attached to my Hadaly - anyone want to trade a KRMA Mission XV for a Hadaly lol

View attachment 187331View attachment 187332

Keep playing with it. It took me a handful until i got the build rite on the krma. It is a gr8 lil flavor banger.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How is that Squape RDA?
It's really good and I'm not saying that because I own it, if something is crap I'll say it.

Super easy to build on, doesn't matter if you're using round wire or claptons, flavor is amongst the best I've vaped from an rda. A lot of adjustment for preferred draw too. I'd recommend it.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does anyone here own a Psyclone SQEVO squonker? I was offered one (bnib) as part of a trade for an atty I'm selling, the DNA60 has me interested. Decent mod or stay away?

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone here own a Psyclone SQEVO squonker? I was offered one (bnib) as part of a trade for an atty I'm selling, the DNA60 has me interested. Decent mod or stay away?

I probably shouldn't speak to this not having owned one but I've heard they are pretty decent mods. I almost took one in partial trade last month. We had agreed on a $60 trade value before the deal fell apart for other reasons.

The bottles are proprietary, which is usually a turn off for me (Spade being the notable exception, lol). The white delrin version would be the one I'd want if I wanted one.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I had one

I guess that it depends on your reference point. It was a nice mid range DNA60 mod

Tall, squishy button. Otherwise nicer than most in its price range

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Dang, I always wanted one but my timing was always off on acquiring one when they come up

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My top 5 single coil squonk atty's of all time.
View attachment 187529
Left to right: Taifun BTD, Entheon, Hadaly TI, Entheon, Squape (S)even, B2K

Someone needs to tell me what the secret is to getting all this good vaping out of a B2K. I have one, and I don't see anything special about it. It's been packed away for over a year.

How do you build yours?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Someone needs to tell me what the secret is to getting all this good vaping out of a B2K. I have one, and I don't see anything special about it. It's been packed away for over a year.

How do you build yours?
It depends on what I'm in the mood for actually. A normal build would be a 3-3.5mm I.d, 5 wrap fused clapton spaced. If you use anything under 3mm it doesn't perform, also need higher wattage, minimum 45-50 watts to get that set up to really shine.

I find myself building a lot lately with a 2-2.5mm id clapton and using the ultem chamber reducer at much lower wattage, the flavor is off the charts.

VU Sponsors