Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey, squonkerbonks, I have a question!

In case I forgot about one - can you think of some mechanical or mosfet squonks that you can buy right now, from a website? There aren't many new models, so there aren't that many around any more - most of my window-shopping is on Facebook. But someone might want to get me a mod as a present, and the only way they can handle it is if it's direct order from a website.

As an example - you can still buy a Boxer from Gingervape. And there's a selection at Vapinart (nothing calling my name though). :)

I'm gonna give them a list of mods I'd like but don't have...
Backup plan would be "same as last year, 2 bottles of fancy Scotch" lol.

Don't know if you'd be interested in this, but Vaperzcloud.com has the Dovpo SQ Topside on sale for $99.99 USD.

By the way, @f1r3b1rd, the Deathwish Mods Imp RDA is on sale for $39.99. I just ordered one.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pdib mod collection family photo :)

0vlnhtu7joe272k6g.jpg

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Question for all you squonker please. Today I went back to squonking, the flavor is just so much better for me. Out of laziness I had left it, since i hate wicking and coil building. Ill suck it up and wick, and as for coils, I can easily buy them. Out of 50 + mods, I only have a GBOX Squonker 200w, which i do love. Now for the question...

If you had to recommend the best/favorite squonker set up or two, what would it be? I will definitely need a few more

Also has anyone tried :

Yihi SXMini X Class: 200W Advanced Auto-Squonker w/ Color Touchscreen?​

It sounds cool but was hoping for some input.

Thanks for reading !

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing quite like a Dotmod mech squonk for me. Pricey brand new cuz they're proud but if you can find a used in good shape they're wonderful. Also this squonkable Pyro v3 rdta is sweet.
They also make a 100watt regulated squonk as well. They might still make them. Not sure.
1f7b53272433c06ddbe70eb83f45801e.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing quite like a Dotmod mech squonk for me. Pricey brand new cuz they're proud but if you can find a used in good shape they're wonderful. Also this squonkable Pyro v3 rdta is sweet.
They also make a 100watt regulated squonk as well. They might still make them. Not sure.

Is that a 3rd party door? Special edition or something? I've only seen the matched color or translucent plastic doors for dotmods.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that a 3rd party door? Special edition or something? I've only seen the matched color or translucent plastic doors for dotmods.
It is. Stabwood set that I got with a larger dotmod package. Had like 6 different panels sets but had never seen the stabwood ones so they're a keeper for me.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

That Stabwood!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

73neb

Member For 4 Years
Question for all you squonker please. Today I went back to squonking, the flavor is just so much better for me. Out of laziness I had left it, since i hate wicking and coil building. Ill suck it up and wick, and as for coils, I can easily buy them. Out of 50 + mods, I only have a GBOX Squonker 200w, which i do love. Now for the question...

If you had to recommend the best/favorite squonker set up or two, what would it be? I will definitely need a few more

Also has anyone tried :

Yihi SXMini X Class: 200W Advanced Auto-Squonker w/ Color Touchscreen?​

It sounds cool but was hoping for some input.

Thanks for reading !

Haven’t tried the Yihi, but I highly recommend the Dovpo Topside. I have a number of expensive mech squonkers, but the topside is now my daily driver. IMHO, the large bottle capacity (10 ml) and top filling makes it worth while.

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

So many squonk mods to try I was looking @ a dot mod mech & a topside & the SQ 217 down the rabbit hole I go!!

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Haven’t tried the Yihi, but I highly recommend the Dovpo Topside. I have a number of expensive mech squonkers, but the topside is now my daily driver. IMHO, the large bottle capacity (10 ml) and top filling makes it worth while.
thanks for responding! I've been looking around a lot today and the YiHi has so many bad reviews, guess I will scratch that one. I'll give the Dovpo Topside a shot, 10ml is nice, but i do tend to use a few mods at a time, at home anyway. Just looking for one more now, thanks again

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
thanks for responding! I've been looking around a lot today and the YiHi has so many bad reviews, guess I will scratch that one. I'll give the Dovpo Topside a shot, 10ml is nice, but i do tend to use a few mods at a time, at home anyway. Just looking for one more now, thanks again

Most of my mods are mid-range in price, some of them I've waited until they went on clearance and gotten them for a steal, but I don't have the money to vape high-end or custom stuff. I have to say that it's hard to beat the squonk bottle system that's used on the Topsides. I wish I had gotten the single 21700 model instead of the dual 18650 model, because it's a little big for my hands, but it's still a really nice mod. What makes it even nicer is the Vaperz Cloud Asgard Mini on top!

My runners up are the Revenant TVL Delta Squonk Kit (the RDA that comes with the kit is really good and you can use it for either single coil or mesh), and the Asmodus Pumper. The Delta is regulated and the Pumper is semi-mechanical. Also the Pumper in my opinion gives a better vape with a mesh RDA than with wire coils. I also really like the original Wismec Luxotic BF, which is a tiny little thing and is semi-mechanical.

Squonkers on the whole are getting harder to find unless you're up into the expensive realm. I do know that Wetvapes.com had a good deal on the Vandy Vape Pulse 80W a while back at $24.99, no idea if they still have them, but the Pulse 80 is decent. Not great, but decent.

And finally, if you don't mind bare-bones straight mechanical, the Geekvape Athena is about as basic as it gets, virtually nothing to break, and is a very good vape. At one time they were dirt cheap, but now they've become scarce, so when you find one, chances are it's up in the $35 to $45 range. Fancy it is not, but I love my Athena.

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wow what an awesome looking mod I stumbled on.. Best looking I have ever seen! Simply gorgeous

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Most of my mods are mid-range in price, some of them I've waited until they went on clearance and gotten them for a steal, but I don't have the money to vape high-end or custom stuff. I have to say that it's hard to beat the squonk bottle system that's used on the Topsides. I wish I had gotten the single 21700 model instead of the dual 18650 model, because it's a little big for my hands, but it's still a really nice mod. What makes it even nicer is the Vaperz Cloud Asgard Mini on top!

My runners up are the Revenant TVL Delta Squonk Kit (the RDA that comes with the kit is really good and you can use it for either single coil or mesh), and the Asmodus Pumper. The Delta is regulated and the Pumper is semi-mechanical. Also the Pumper in my opinion gives a better vape with a mesh RDA than with wire coils. I also really like the original Wismec Luxotic BF, which is a tiny little thing and is semi-mechanical.

Squonkers on the whole are getting harder to find unless you're up into the expensive realm. I do know that Wetvapes.com had a good deal on the Vandy Vape Pulse 80W a while back at $24.99, no idea if they still have them, but the Pulse 80 is decent. Not great, but decent.

And finally, if you don't mind bare-bones straight mechanical, the Geekvape Athena is about as basic as it gets, virtually nothing to break, and is a very good vape. At one time they were dirt cheap, but now they've become scarce, so when you find one, chances are it's up in the $35 to $45 range. Fancy it is not, but I love my Athena.
Thanks for the input Nada! I used to have the athena. It was my first squonk mod, think I gave it to someone who wanted to try squonking.

I feel like I have looked way to much today , since Im more confused now than when i started this search this morning, lol. Think I am going to try the dovpo and dot mod. Had them both in a cart earlier, then got side tracked on UK sites.. go figure. I'm a mess!

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Topside is my go to squonker for capacity and it's a 21700 for extra battery

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Ok, l'll weigh in here with my opinion.
I've had four or five YiHi mods, three of them the one mentioned here.
All of them were great devices. The only reason I sold out traded them off is that I don't like the navigation system.
I have more than my share of mods and I rotate them regularly and everytime I picked up one of the YiHi devices I have to figure out the menu again.
If you only have a couple of devices or if you use the YiHi all the time it's a good solid device.

Last edited:

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ok, l'll weigh in here with my opinion.
I've had four or five YiHi mods, three of them the one mentioned here.
All of them were great devices. The only reason I sold out traded them off is that I don't like the navigation system.
I have more than my share of mods and I rotate them regularly and everytime I picked up one of the YiHi devices I have to figure out the menu again.
If you only have a couple of devices or if you use the YiHi all the time it's a good solid device.

I do have so many mods, but not squonks, only 1 there. I know what you mean about the navigation though, can't remember what mod I have like that because I never use it for the same reason, so good to know ty

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the input Nada! I used to have the athena. It was my first squonk mod, think I gave it to someone who wanted to try squonking.

I feel like I have looked way to much today , since Im more confused now than when i started this search this morning, lol. Think I am going to try the dovpo and dot mod. Had them both in a cart earlier, then got side tracked on UK sites.. go figure. I'm a mess!

I don't think you'll go wrong with those two. Good choices. And @gadget! That VA is killer! Beautiful!!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Will second Bright Eye's (@nadalama) suggestion of the Athena. Then, I also like the good old Coppervape. A person doesn't need anything really fancy for a good mechanical to work.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
OOOoooh .... AAAaaah ....*thud* *dusting off noises* Mmm, me likely, purdy. Looks like snake skin. :)
It's Juma
I had no idea what that was when I bought this the first time.
I googled it and this is what I found.

JUMA
JUMA is a high grade, modern raw material for the manufacture of handcrafted works of art. JUMA is a resin based material which is thermoformable in boiling water. It is easily machined, durable and takes a fine finish. It is also FDA approved. This material is great for turning and makes great pens, game calls, rings and other items. It also is great for using as knife handles.

Last edited:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My favorite squonk is the SQ mech squonk by far. Hits like a truck. Well built. Also like a franky but it is too costly for most. I did use the SVA 75c for awhile and liked it. I found the Dovpo too large for me and clunky. Vaped quite well though. Dot squonks are pretty decent too. If you want a good cheap regulated get a RSQ if you can still find one. I've traded a few here on the site as they were on sale at my B+M and had stab panels and I wanted to share with VU guys. So I bought four. Only one left and I'm keeping it.

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I'm not sure what a franky is, I see clones but not the real one. I figured the dovpo would be large for me as well, but at home I don't care really. The cost isn't a big factor for me, I just want a good mod that delivers.

I've also been trying to find the SQ mech squonk, but no luck yet :(

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I'm not sure what a franky is, I see clones but not the real one. I figured the dovpo would be large for me as well, but at home I don't care really. The cost isn't a big factor for me, I just want a good mod that delivers.

I've also been trying to find the SQ mech squonk, but no luck yet :(
SQ mods are here. Not cheap...but they're made well...tough, too. Little metal mech box...
2sq2020-1.jpg

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thanks Train, I have the site but was looking for a place in the US to order from

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks Train, I have the site but was looking for a place in the US to order from

Vapeology.eu had them just the other day for right at 100 bucks. Don't let the .eu extension fool you - they're in Massachusetts.

Never mind, looks like they aren't on the site any more.

It's Vaperzcloud.com that has them. They are still listed there.

Last edited:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vapeology.eu had them just the other day for right at 100 bucks. Don't let the .eu extension fool you - they're in Massachusetts.

Ahhh - the Topside. Yeah - everyone carried that, but they're out of stock most places!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ahhh - the Topside. Yeah - everyone carried that, but they're out of stock most places!

They also have some pretty cool-looking Trinity glass for the Asgards (both sizes), plus Nightmares and Valhallas.

I just keep thinking about that Trinity cap that just fell into shards in my hand, the one I had for my B2K. I loved it but I'm kinda scared of them now.

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Its a 18650 mod, the switch housing is what makes it look so tall. That's a standard sized juice bottle about 6ml.
ah ok, In my searches i saw one that looked similar and it had 15ml bottle! Thought maybe yours was it

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

thanks Nada!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did some googling and forums searching, but not found much infos, so thought I'd post here.

I noticed some wiggle in my Asmodus Luna's top cap while turning the AF on my atty, so, did a check and out of the four screws that apparently hold the thing together, all were loose and two just spin. This is concerning...?

I can't even unscrew the two that won't tighten, making me think they are stripped...that leave one screw on the top and one on the bottom holding it together. It is working just fine however.

Tightening the two that work made it stop slipping around, but I don't like this much, is this a common thing? I know I can replace the screws and/or Locktite the buggers...but that is a kinda drastic solution.

As I bought the mod for very cheap on Asmodus' sale back in Sept., I doubt contacting them would be of much use. It sat in it's box until a couple days ago. I mainly posted to see IF this was a known problem with the mod, rather than just a fluke. I can fix a couple loose screws. ;)

[HASH=1942]#Luna[/HASH] [HASH=1943]#loose[/HASH] [HASH=1946]#screws[/HASH]

Last edited:

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I would definitely contact them. They replaced a mod of mine in the past. Hmm maybe they fixed it, now that i think about it, regardless i got a working mod back. They paid shipping too

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would definitely contact them. They replaced a mod of mine in the past. Hmm maybe they fixed it, now that i think about it, regardless i got a working mod back. They paid shipping too
Thx for the reply... :)
If it was a US vendor, I surely would, but I do have a fully working mod and risking the slow boat around the Holidays is not very appealing...

It's just wood and a couple of screws loose, so I can fix it myself easy enough and nobody could even tell. I just was curious if it was a sign of something bigger down the road for users. It's not leaking anywhere that I can see. :)

PS: I paid like $18 shipped for the Luna and a Vice RDA, so not really worth the hassle of RMA as long as it's working.

Last edited:

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thx for the reply... :)
If it was a US vendor, I surely would, but I do have a fully working mod and risking the slow boat around the Holidays is not very appealing...

It's just wood and a couple of screws loose, so I can fix it myself easy enough and nobody could even tell. I just was curious if it was a sign of something bigger down the road for users. It's not leaking anywhere that I can see. :)

PS: I paid like $18 shipped for the Luna and a Vice RDA, so not really worth the hassle of RMA as long as it's working.
My brain wasn't working, you are right it isnt worth it since its not in the US. Glad its working at least

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Train review time. Cuz I got something new. It's been a while!

Requiem RDA.
Pros:
- it's different!
- It's a great look, as long as the Ultem bit is a match or nice contrast with the mod
- I'm getting excellent flavor
- MAY fit a variety of vaping styles - more below...
- GREAT value - I paid $24.99, and it comes with a couple coils, a coil rod, typical bits, 3 different sized "caps" (picking a cap is primary means of controlling the airflow), each with a tip, even a ring.

Cons:
- Zero juice well. Can't imagine using this unless squonking - so WHY ISN'T the SQUONK PIN installed?
- Here's the thing. It can really only hold a 2.5mm coil. The one they provide is nice - about what I'd probably try, an ni80 fused clapton, supposed to be about .26 measured at .22ish. I vape mechs. A (let's say) 0.25 small mass coil can be a pretty kicking vape. I like it - but I found it "too hot" to use any but the most open cap - the one with the 810 tip and biggest airholes. Fortunately, that's what I expected and wanted it for - but I actually STILL swapped it over to a mod that's got some less efficient contacts. It's a clone. Don't @me, I have the authentic, too - and that's my one mod (out of more than 50) that's a clone, lol.

requiem1.jpg
So -
You've got flexibility with the caps...but not FINE control of airflow.
If you like some air like me, here's a (hard to find) bargain RDA with good flavor and lightly restricted lung hit...but it won't hold a 3 mm coil, just 2.5. For tighter draw - I don't know, really. It has good reviews, and probably similar appeal (but not with the provided coils on a mech - I can't see that working out).
And it's certainly not for someone who minds frequent squonking - like every puff or two.

Overall - since it's on a mod that's "balancing" the coil - I'm really happy. Just need to see if I also like it with say a .35 coil - and if I can FIT a good 0.35 coil in it - before I'd buy another one.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

February is Chinese National Holiday month, brother. Our holidays don't matter to them. They take a week off in February to honor ancestors, then a week to clean homes.

The government just decided to cram all the holidays into that month. As a result places only run administrative skeleton crews, not full shifts. So you might get paperwork filed but no real work done.

This is way you can order up to about January 15th and expect to get an order processed, maybe shipped out. After that, good luck if you can get processed and shipped out by March 5th. They have to play catch up the month of March but they're damn efficent in doing it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My brain wasn't working, you are right it isnt worth it since its not in the US. Glad its working at least

Actually, my brain wasn't working...they do have a USA Service Center...derp! :crazy:

But, it's only a 30-day warranty. So, that has long expired.
They will handle out of warranty items, but there are fees for that too. And it's just loose screws, not effecting operation. It'd cost more to have them fix it than it's worth, basically.

Infos: https://www.asmodus.com/pages/warranty

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
February is Chinese National Holiday month, brother. Our holidays don't matter to them. They take a week off in February to honor ancestors, then a week to clean homes.

The government just decided to cram all the holidays into that month. As a result places only run administrative skeleton crews, not full shifts. So you might get paperwork filed but no real work done.

This is way you can order up to about January 15th and expect to get an order processed, maybe shipped out. After that, good luck if you can get processed and shipped out by March 5th. They have to play catch up the month of March but they're damn efficent in doing it.

Yeah, I'm used to China's schedule and all..but this is a RMA sort of deal, not an order.

Plus, as I found out, they DO have a USA support center in Cali. So, rather different as I'd be sending my mod out then getting it replaced or fixed and THEN having it sent back. All around OUR peak Holiday season.

And, it'd cost more than I paid to do that. Not worth the risk and bother, IMO. Hell, I have like 3-4 mods that've just died or are showing the beginings of failure with no reason in the last couple years...oh well..shit happens. :D

Last edited:

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Actually, my brain wasn't working...they do have a USA Service Center...derp! :crazy:

But, it's only a 30-day warranty. So, that has long expired.
They will handle out of warranty items, but there are fees for that too. And it's just loose screws, not effecting operation. It'd cost more to have them fix it than it's worth, basically.

Infos: https://www.asmodus.com/pages/warranty
I have gotten so lucky with SMOK. I had too mods I bitched to them about in an email and after going back and forth they fixed one that was nearly a year old and wouldnt fire (tugboat) and replaced another. They had me print a shipping label out too , so it didnt cost me anything. I also bought directly from them , not sure if that mattered though

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Its been a while, but I finally scored myself a new mod. Snagged one of the new Drakkar Krönig mods released today. Limited run of 12 mods. Cant wait to get it in hand. Here is the stock pic of the one I selected. I will post more detailed pics when delivered.
IMG_2509-DONE.png

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its been a while, but I finally scored myself a new mod. Snagged one of the new Drakkar Krönig mods released today. Limited run of 12 mods. Cant wait to get it in hand. Here is the stock pic of the one I selected. I will post more detailed pics when delivered.
View attachment 173509
Those Kronigs look fantastic - on my "short list of mods i someday want!
Looking forward to more when you get it!

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those Kronigs look fantastic - on my "short list of mods i someday want!
Looking forward to more when you get it!
It seems the best way to get one new is to sign up for their newsletter on their website. They sent me an email as soon as they were in stock. I think they said they were doing another run soon, but not sure how soon that is going to actually be though.

VU Sponsors