Become a Patron!

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
Im not personally crazy about sub ohm vaping myself, most of my builds come to about .15 to .19 but I do want more of a hit. I'm currently running a Copper Broadside with a Kennedy and also a Legendary Sub Zero competition mod and RDA. However I would like to experiment with it to try and get a better hit. My issue is I don't believe there is a battery that can handle sub ohming, which is probably untrue and that's probably because I may be missing something in Ohms law but when messing with the calculator I'm showing where the Volts exceed the 30a on my batteries and from what I understand there aren't batteries out there that exceed the 30a.

I was looking to try and get somewhere between 0.07 to 0.09 but it's just not making sense to me, I definitely don't want to ruin my mods or my batteries by misusing them. I have a friend who works at a vape shop and he is running 0.07 ohms with absolutely no knowledge of ohms law, and battery safety but being that he's been vaping longer he won't really take my word for it that these things are important. So this is also to get more information for myself and him so I can possibly demonstrate the proper way to handle it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your friend has been incredibly lucky so far but is a prime candidate for a Darwin Award.

0.07 is super sub ohm, those who vape those stupid low builds must know what the fuck they're doing or they will end up blowing their faces off. Things like take one quick 3 second pull then let the battery rest for 5 min's or so to cool down. Plus they also use authentic batteries like LG HB6's which are 30a, there are NO 18650's with an amp rating of over 30a period. They also know how to build correctly at super sub ohms, test, buying and replacing batteries constantly, etc., etc. There's a shit load of things to know when you vape at stupid low levels.

If you have an over whelming need to build stupid low and vape hot fucking magma at 200+ Watts get a regulated mod or at the very minimum a triple or quad parallel Mod. Just you asking this tells me you should actually should still be on a regulated mod and don't have the experience to even be below 0.25 on a Mech.

I have no clue why there are those who feel they must vape at 200+ Watt's, the heat alone kills any flavor. Then no one really knows what vaping magma heat vape will do to the tissue of your lungs. But oh well, people I guess have to measure their dick sizes or something, who knows.
3943024e.gif

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Additionally you say he works at a Vape Shop and knows nothing about Ohms Law? He's probably using eFest Purple's that claim to b e 35a when they are actually 10a Panasonic rewraps.

He's a danger to the Vaping community, seriously.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im not personally crazy about sub ohm vaping myself, most of my builds come to about .15 to .19 but I do want more of a hit. I'm currently running a Copper Broadside with a Kennedy and also a Legendary Sub Zero competition mod and RDA. However I would like to experiment with it to try and get a better hit. My issue is I don't believe there is a battery that can handle sub ohming, which is probably untrue and that's probably because I may be missing something in Ohms law but when messing with the calculator I'm showing where the Volts exceed the 30a on my batteries and from what I understand there aren't batteries out there that exceed the 30a.

I was looking to try and get somewhere between 0.07 to 0.09 but it's just not making sense to me, I definitely don't want to ruin my mods or my batteries by misusing them. I have a friend who works at a vape shop and he is running 0.07 ohms with absolutely no knowledge of ohms law, and battery safety but being that he's been vaping longer he won't really take my word for it that these things are important. So this is also to get more information for myself and him so I can possibly demonstrate the proper way to handle it.
not only is your friend dangerous you do not seem to understand ohm's law get a regulated mod if you are not willing to engage in what is required to properly handle a mech device

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if you want better performance, make smaller coils at the same resistance. i like 2 to 2.5mm 28gauge fused claptons at like 4 or 5 wraps on a tube. you can hit from .14 to .2 depending on the inner diameter and that fifth wrap.

if you want to hit lower than .1 you should really use a parallel box with 3+ batteries in it. the hohm wrecker g2 also fires super low and its regulated so there are a lot of safeties in place that a mech mod lacks.

i feel like shit talking your friend at the vape shop, but im sure hes a nice guy who is simply making a mistake. hopefully he snaps out of it and learns wtf he is doing. its his job to teach people that shit if he put himself behind the counter in a vape shop.

:cheers:

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
if you want better performance, make smaller coils at the same resistance. i like 2 to 2.5mm 28gauge fused claptons at like 4 or 5 wraps on a tube. you can hit from .14 to .2 depending on the inner diameter and that fifth wrap.

if you want to hit lower than .1 you should really use a parallel box with 3+ batteries in it. the hohm wrecker g2 also fires super low and its regulated so there are a lot of safeties in place that a mech mod lacks.

i feel like shit talking your friend at the vape shop, but im sure hes a nice guy who is simply making a mistake. hopefully he snaps out of it and learns wtf he is doing. its his job to teach people that shit if he put himself behind the counter in a vape shop.

:cheers:
Thank you for the information! This does help a lot. I know about ohms law but nothing about sub ohming, but I hear so many people talk about it that it just didn't make sense how it could be done safely and now I know it truly can't be if you chain vape like I do and that's okay. I appreciate the input and information.

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
not only is your friend dangerous you do not seem to understand ohm's law get a regulated mod if you are not willing to engage in what is required to properly handle a mech device

I'll stick to my mech. I don't go shooting for crazy low builds I was simply curious if it could be done "safely" if I chose to try it. I am now aware that's not the case. I do my research and practice battery safety, and only buy/use authentic batteries and I use ones I've shown properly tested through Mooch's recommended batteries. I appreciate your concern, I do. I know that you're only looking out for the safety of others and are offering this suggestion so that the likeliness of another person blowing their face off and creating a bad reputation for vaping spread even more.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Anything below 1ohm is sub ohm vaping unless they changed the value of 1 ;)

Get yourself a TFV12 with a regulated mod you'll have clouds till your hearts content

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the information! This does help a lot. I know about ohms law but nothing about sub ohming, but I hear so many people talk about it that it just didn't make sense how it could be done safely and now I know it truly can't be if you chain vape like I do and that's okay. I appreciate the input and information.
You are sub ohming, anything below 1.0 is sub ohming.
I'll stick to my mech. I don't go shooting for crazy low builds I was simply curious if it could be done "safely" if I chose to try it. I am now aware that's not the case. I do my research and practice battery safety, and only buy/use authentic batteries and I use ones I've shown properly tested through Mooch's recommended batteries. I appreciate your concern, I do. I know that you're only looking out for the safety of others and are offering this suggestion so that the likeliness of another person blowing their face off and creating a bad reputation for vaping spread even more.
You "must" educate yourself ESPECIALLY if you're going to be Vaping on mech's.

I'll give you credit for coming here looking for answers and not taking your friends advice which he obviously has no idea what he's doing. This is scary because he is behind the counter at a Vape shop giving advice.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Don't take these replies personally buddy just looking out for your well being ;)

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm an electrical engineer so I may be able to explain this a bit better than some.

First of all, sub ohm is anything under 1.00ohm, not .1ohm, just needed to say that. Also, you can VERY much vape under .1, I've vaped .03 builds before, granted on a 4S lipo PWM mod that could handle over 100A continuous.

A single 18650 battery by itself is NEVER going to be able to do anything safely under around .14 or so, because even the Sony VTC series can't do a true 30A cont, only the LG HB series can and it falls dead on 30A, though the HB6 pink cells can be vaped nicely at 45A or so without worries.

When you add more cells, things change. In a parallel circuit the cells split the load, same amperage draw, just two cells handling it opposed to one. In series you have doubled voltage, meaning the higher voltage can be used to push higher power loads which won't draw the high amperage a lower voltage setup would at these resistance levels. In regulated series mods with boost/buck chips, namely buck only chips (all these 3-4 cell regulated mods are buck only I believe) will buck the cell voltage down from 12.6-16.8V down to 1-10V or so, which will allow you to output 30-55A while only truly drawing 5-25A from the cells.

If you want more power, your best bet is to add more cells in series, not simply build lower. Though if you insist on using single 18650 unregulated mods, the pink LG HB6 is the go-to battery for super low, high amp drawing builds. Though it's only 1,500mah, don't expect to have it last long.

Or go buy a 2, 3 or 4S lipo with some ungodly high C rating that can handle 100+ amps continuous, that's also an option. Those types of batteries do great in PWM mods.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes it can be done safely.... if you are safe about vaping...... keep the amp draw below the batteries rating. Build the build you like to vape. Regulated mods just make finding that vape a little easier and more stupid proof. The safety systems of a regulated mod might protect you from stupid errors. But not UNSAFE actions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors