Become a Patron!

SUBTANK WARS

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In my experience you get that taste when you don't take quite enough time to prime the coils properly. They can be primed enough to work, but you do get a very funky taste. However, if I take longer to prime them I don't get that taste at all!

I did try cleaning the coils, but I'd only get about a tankfull out of them after that. I did take one apart after cleaning, and I could see why! Also, I suspect cleaning them compresses the cotton so that they don't seem to perform as well. At least that's my experience.
Humm... I got a couple boxes of nickle. The first coil was gold. In fact, only a couple pulls and it was good. My first nickle took a whole tank. Most of the SS takes 1/2 tank. I was surprised at the ni200 how good it was right off.

Your video the guy says burnt laundry. That's actually a good comparison. I know what that is. And I could understand a new coil tasting Ike that.

But all the bad taste issues I've had didn't smell like that. It's oil. Distinct oil taste. Matt says burnt rubber... OK. But I have had tanks and boxes of coils all from different places and they have been hit or miss on this issue. Part of it doesn't bother me cause I know it goes away. But I don't get a real way fuzzy thinking about vaping oil from China.

As far as priming I've done them all exactly the same way. If your priming is bad, then they should all be bad. Some were great. It's certainly possible my process is the same, but not all were equally successful hence the varied results. But this seems to be enough of an issue with Crown coils that well, it seems like an issue.

It is also equally possible strict priming has no effect. You just had some good batches, and attribute no taste with better priming. But cleaning with alcohol cleans oil. If there is no oil, then cleaning with alcohols should make no difference at all. All I know is what oil tastes like. It taste Iike oil. I have gone to blowing the first few hit out through the coil instead of breathing it in.

I should be getting a couple boxes of 0.25s today. I'm going to try a new one like I always do and see how it is. Try soaking one in alcohol, and try one with super duper anal priming procedure and see what the result are. At least for the burnt rubber, laundry, oil taste.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my experience you get that taste when you don't take quite enough time to prime the coils properly. They can be primed enough to work, but you do get a very funky taste. However, if I take longer to prime them I don't get that taste at all!

I did try cleaning the coils, but I'd only get about a tankfull out of them after that. I did take one apart after cleaning, and I could see why! Also, I suspect cleaning them compresses the cotton so that they don't seem to perform as well. At least that's my experience.
I am all for input on how I prime coils... but, I have likely primed as many coils as anyone alive having worked in a successful vape shop for 4 years. In your opinion, does the Crown take more effort or time to prime the coil than any other tank or cartomizer system ever made? I find the off putting flavor of the Crown's coils to be of a fossil fuel nature and completely different the flavor of a poorly primed coil. It tastes like I am trying to vape the cutting fluid in a metal shop.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am all for input on how I prime coils... but, I have likely primed as many coils as anyone alive having worked in a successful vape shop for 4 years. In your opinion, does the Crown take more effort or time to prime the coil than any other tank or cartomizer system ever made? I find the off putting flavor of the Crown's coils to be of a fossil fuel nature and completely different the flavor of a poorly primed coil. It tastes like I am trying to vape the cutting fluid in a metal shop.
In my opinion they're best primed like we did the old cartos for cartotanks. So, yes, I don't prime them the same way I do other coils.

I've been through a bunch of boxes (I probably have at least 20 old used up coils lying around). Earlier on when I didn't prime as thoroughly I did get that particulary funky taste for a half tank or so. And putting 30ml a day through them I find they last longer when I prime more thoroughly. But, as always, ymmv!

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Exactly.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In my opinion they're best primed like we did the old cartos for cartotanks. So, yes, I don't prime them the same way I do other coils.

I've been through a bunch of boxes (I probably have at least 20 old used up coils lying around). Earlier on when I didn't prime as thoroughly I did get that particulary funky taste for a half tank or so. And putting 30ml a day through them I find they last longer when I prime more thoroughly. But, as always, ymmv!
So then for you going way back, if it is a cotton issue... Have you had any other experience like this with other products? I don't. Only Kanger and Crown. Is this something common with other coils from other systems and makers? The taste that is. Coils not lasting or burning cotton, well that's understandable.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So then for you going way back, if it is a cotton issue... Have you had any other experience like this with other products? I don't. Only Kanger and Crown. Is this something common with other coils from other systems and makers? The taste that is. Coils not lasting or burning cotton, well that's understandable.
I've a bunch of different tanks, many of which use OCCs (and I don't use them anymore because they don't even come close in flavor). I used to use cartos in cartotanks. Except for the latter, priming has always just been pop in a few drops, let it sit a few minutes, and go.

I have no idea where that funky taste comes from, but as it disappears for me with careful priming I'm not bothered.

I did find when I first used Ti that I got a particularly funky taste if my coil wasn't perfect or if I didn't dry burn a little first. Perhaps it's the the taste of SS?

All can say to those with these problems is at least try thorough priming before giving up. And if that doesn't work for you, then at least you know!

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've a bunch of different tanks, many of which use OCCs (and I don't use them anymore because they don't even come close in flavor). I used to use cartos in cartotanks. Except for the latter, priming has always just been pop in a few drops, let it sit a few minutes, and go.

I have no idea where that funky taste comes from, but as it disappears for me with careful priming I'm not bothered.

I did find when I first used Ti that I got a particularly funky taste if my coil wasn't perfect or if I didn't dry burn a little first. Perhaps it's the the taste of SS?

All can say to those with these problems is at least try thorough priming before giving up. And if that doesn't work for you, then at least you know!

Hush, I'm not giving up. I love my crown. :)

But like I said, vaping oil from China would probably be worse than smoking. :)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using a Taifun GT ll right now, built 2.5mm single on it. 95% VG. Oil of any type is a real bad idea. Like coal dust it don't leave the lungs.:cool:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is the part I don't get... China can make what ever we want. And they can make it really if we want to pay for it. But it's cheap because they don't have the same level of regulation. I mean hello, my dad doesn't get anything from China. Other than building your own, you would think a company here could be profitable supplying safe gear. Coils and juice. I don't care if it was a penny a barrel, I'm not vaping juice from over seas. I guess if I'm really worried about it, I'll have to start doing my own.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the part I don't get... China can make what ever we want. And they can make it really if we want to pay for it. But it's cheap because they don't have the same level of regulation. I mean hello, my dad doesn't get anything from China. Other than building your own, you would think a company here could be profitable supplying safe gear. Coils and juice. I don't care if it was a penny a barrel, I'm not vaping juice from over seas. I guess if I'm really worried about it, I'll have to start doing my own.
We own a machine shop. I buy all, well most my vape gear from China. Why? a market of products I can't even dream of producing are within the click of a mouse. I touch them up sometimes, but at a 100th of the cost it's worth it to me. :cool:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We own a machine shop. I buy all, well most my vape gear from China. Why? a market of products I can't even dream of producing are within the click of a mouse. I touch them up sometimes, but at a 100th of the cost it's worth it to me. :cool:
Right, I get that in general. Probably ones that would be really concerned about would be a small percentage. And no, it would not be cheap. Probably those that are make their own already. Look at Ti and SS wire repackaged as super duper TC wire and marked up 1000%. (Sweet Spot) We all know they have a huge spool of welding wire they clean up and brand. Nobody is making special wire for the vape industry for TC from scratch.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right, I get that in general. Probably ones that would be really concerned about would be a small percentage. And no, it would not be cheap. Probably those that are make their own already. Look at Ti and SS wire repackaged as super duper TC wire and marked up 1000%. (Sweet Spot) We all know they have a huge spool of welding wire they clean up and brand. Nobody is making special wire for the vape industry for TC from scratch.
We don't have one, but there is a hand held machine that scans metals & will tell content down to molecules. They said it costs $ 12,000.00. I use Kanthal because it works for me. :cool:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The taste I get is like the rubber insulator on the bottom

I prime mine just fine
put about .5ml of juice in it started at 10w
and immediately had the bad taste

I do not think this taste has anything to do with priming
to get the taste sometimes and not others is the reason
I think its either some sort of oil as others have suggested or a problem with the insulator material

im just getting frustrated totally with the crown
there are so many good things to say about it
but I feel the coils are just poorly made and cause unacceptable issues

but when you get a good coil your good to go for 200-300 ml

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok just loaded a ni200 coil and no burnt rubber taste and i primed it the same way as the 1.2 ohm coil
so like I said I think hti s has nothing to do with priming

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok just loaded a ni200 coil and no burnt rubber taste and i primed it the same way as the 1.2 ohm coil
so like I said I think hti s has nothing to do with priming
It isn't priming... I used to prime more than 30 Smok 45mm cartomizers a day for customers when they were all the rage in vaping. Never had issues like I do with Crown coils. When I don't clean them in my ultrasonic cleaner with vodka, a large majority of the SS coils taste terrible for at least the first few ml of juice. I can vape Triton SS coils and have never have an issue. I can build with Youde SS and never experience this. It is either the quality/grade of the SS or it is dirty SS. There really isn't any other possibility and the fact that it tastes like machine oil makes me pretty damn sure it is. Having run a metal lathe while suffering from a cold and breathing through my mouth, I think I can honestly say that is what I am tasting.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
It isn't priming... I used to prime more than 30 Smok 45mm cartomizers a day for customers when they were all the rage in vaping. Never had issues like I do with Crown coils. When I don't clean them in my ultrasonic cleaner with vodka, a large majority of the SS coils taste terrible for at least the first few ml of juice. I can vape Triton SS coils and have never have an issue. I can build with Youde SS and never experience this. It is either the quality/grade of the SS or it is dirty SS. There really isn't any other possibility and the fact that it tastes like machine oil makes me pretty damn sure it is. Having run a metal lathe while suffering from a cold and breathing through my mouth, I think I can honestly say that is what I am tasting.
i do get that slight dirty taste on all the coils for a bit, but thats not a huge issue, but it shouldnt be there. The taste im getting is more like the insulator to me

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to agree that there is something about the crown coils. That flavor u get at the beginning is not normal. I do suspect dirty SS wire, which sucks because the tank/coils are great otherwise.

Just got the 1.2 coils-flavor is good-had virtually no weird flavor even at the beginning. Experiencing a little too much spit back for my liking though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to agree that there is something about the crown coils. That flavor u get at the beginning is not normal. I do suspect dirty SS wire, which sucks because the tank/coils are great otherwise.

Just got the 1.2 coils-flavor is good-had virtually no weird flavor even at the beginning. Experiencing a little too much spit back for my liking though.

And... I've seen it mentioned several times but never got details. Uwell makes coils for several companies? Does anyone know who?

But the tank is squeaky clean. The Crown has been a home run. They are a coil maker. It makes no sense at all that their wire or coils are dirty with oil. None. But this what it seems to be to me.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right. Uwell makes coils for other companies. But are they SS coils?

Fact is many people experience the funky taste. It DOES go away, which to me indicates oily or dirty coils-as the shit burns off the funky taste goes away...

Regardless of whether or not they make other brands of coils-this funky taste is not anybody's imagination.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I SUSPECT that uwell makes the coils for the maganus and starre since the coils are almost identical
they probably make the tfv4 coils since the design is similar but I have not seen a tfv4 IRL to know if it uses the same cotton pads etc.

good news though
this new ni200 coil actually worked properly in TC mode

but still as the cotton dried out I got a stronger taste of that dirty coil shit you get with it, after another tank I hope that goes away.

so for me at least these crown coils are hit or miss and have an initial nasty taste more often then not.

but the last .5 coil i put in before today worked and tasted perfect from the first hit.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
None of these issues are anyones imagination, though having lucked out once or twice, I now understand the loyal Crown following. But batting .250 or so is not a good use of my time. Either I learn to build or move on to other tanks imho.

When using sweeter juice, the 0.5 SS coil life shrinks to maybe 36 hours despite thorough priming.

Anyone want a lightly used 2 month old Crown, not lol.......? At this point, I would give it to a friend or trade for anything I could eventually use.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
100 watt Mod Eleaf. And screw the reviews. My 100 has been flawless. I would never tell ya wrong. :cool:
No issues with sticky or rattling buttons? That is the complaint I generally see. I had a sticky fire button on my IPV 3 Li for awhile and while annoying, it went away on its own. Getting the batteries in right and dealing with the cover door is also not perfect. I have thought of the 100w Eleaf as an inexpensive backup, as I rarely use TC. I have an Eleaf 40 TC that has been just fine, but not enough power for anything betond my Kanger mini.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

So got the new box of 0.25 ohm coils. Primed them like always. Squinted juice in and filled it up. Didn't let it sit for any time. Didn't blow out the first few like usual. First drag.... Perfection. Not one single hint of anything funky. Flavor was great.

Bottom line... They have some QC problems and they are putting out coils with oil on them. I will be soaking mine in alcohol for now until I'm sure their coils are clean.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
nah they should just read this thread lol
i may send them an email in a bit
that or trade my crown in for a maganus ni

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It might be a good idea if everyone having these issues emailed Uwell to let them know: [email protected]

I had to deal with them to get a nonfunctioning RBA replaced, and they do respond (eventually).
I emailed them months ago... their response was that the wire is "SUS316 Food Grade Stainless Steel Heating Wire", even though I am fairly certain it is not. If I build with 316 SS Wire and use Puff brand Japanese organic cotton, which they supposedly use also, I don't get this flavor no matter how it is wicked or built. How can they really be using the same materials and have such incredibly different results?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I emailed them months ago... their response was that the wire is "SUS316 Food Grade Stainless Steel Heating Wire", even though I am fairly certain it is not. If I build with 316 SS Wire and use Puff brand Japanese organic cotton, which they supposedly use also, I don't get this flavor no matter how it is wicked or built. How can they really be using the same materials and have such incredibly different results?
No, I meant bringing to their attention that you think the wire is dirty!

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And oddly enough, everyone keeps saying their wire is 304 regardless of what Uwell says. Using a 304 TCR seems to work well an isn't too hot. Using a 316 TCR, it's really cold. Who knows.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I meant bringing to their attention that you think the wire is dirty!
That is just it, I did. Their one sentence reply indicates that they don't really care even though I have ordered over $7000 of their products to sell in my stores.
And oddly enough, everyone keeps saying their wire is 304 regardless of what Uwell says. Using a 304 TCR seems to work well an isn't too hot. Using a 316 TCR, it's really cold. Who knows.
I get pathetic performance using a TCR of 0.000915 on my SX mini so it obviously isn't 316. If I use 0.00105, the accepted TCR for 304, it performs better. If I use my DNA 200 and download the curve for 304 it temperature limits fairly well but doesn't allow me to vape the tank dry like if I use the Ni200 coils. If I download the curve for 316 it barely functions. So I'm not even sure it is 304 SS. I believe a lot of the confusion comes from how the text is printed on the yellow band on the box. From the front you see "d Grade Stainless Steel He" instead of the full text of "SUS316 Food Grade Stainless Steel Heating Wire". A lot of people have taken that to mean it is D grade SS. Which it may very well be but that isn't a statement on the band it is simply poor marketing on the packaging.

But if I use a different tank with the .3 ohm Triton 316L SS coils I can obtain proper temperature limiting with both the SX mini and the DNA200. And can vape the tank dry with out experiencing a true dry hit. This tells me that it isn't that SS can not be temperature limited, but that the Uwell SS coils most likely can't. And then you are back to asking what is wrong with the Crown coils?

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My SS definitely temp limits on my SX and DNA 200. I played with the ni200, but not side by side like I could now. Seems comparable to ni200. Meaning 400 is cool to me, 450-500 I like.

Supposedly, Evolve confirmed the rumor that the SS coils has nickel legs. But others say it is all one material. I don't even know how that would work in TC without a specific TCR for the coil.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
That is just it, I did. Their one sentence reply indicates that they don't really care even though I have ordered over $7000 of their products to sell in my stores.

I get pathetic performance using a TCR of 0.000915 on my SX mini so it obviously isn't 316. If I use 0.00105, the accepted TCR for 304, it performs better. If I use my DNA 200 and download the curve for 304 it temperature limits fairly well but doesn't allow me to vape the tank dry like if I use the Ni200 coils. If I download the curve for 316 it barely functions. So I'm not even sure it is 304 SS. I believe a lot of the confusion comes from how the text is printed on the yellow band on the box. From the front you see "d Grade Stainless Steel He" instead of the full text of "SUS316 Food Grade Stainless Steel Heating Wire". A lot of people have taken that to mean it is D grade SS. Which it may very well be but that isn't a statement on the band it is simply poor marketing on the packaging.

But if I use a different tank with the .3 ohm Triton 316L SS coils I can obtain proper temperature limiting with both the SX mini and the DNA200. And can vape the tank dry with out experiencing a true dry hit. This tells me that it isn't that SS can not be temperature limited, but that the Uwell SS coils most likely can't. And then you are back to asking what is wrong with the Crown coils?

i do not think any of the crown coils do a very good job in TC.

Now my only experience with using the SS in TC is throwing my 3li in Ti mode and dropping temperature - WHICH DID NOT GO VERY WELL

but i have used 2 different Ni200 coils
one did not ever hit temp protection it burned the cotton first
the second one SORT OF WORKS WELL
y that i mean
yes it will hit Temp Protetion and not burn the cotton
but the last say 20-30 hits off the tank before it says dry coil are pathetic. virtually no flavor. which is not so much the case on my maganus or kanger - the last 3-4 hits on them are that way.

I believe it has to do with the diameter of the coil head assembly. Theres just TOO MUCH DAMN COTTON. Compare it to a maganus/starre coil which is basically the same damn coil. The maganus coils are a bit smaller in diameter which should mean a little less cotton. When I use those Ni200 ciols I have 0 issues, but the crown coils just dont seem to wick quite right to work perfectly in TC. Its like part of the cotton is wet and part of it is dry. SO you get a coil that is heating juice in some parts and heating nothing in other parts which can lead to burned cotton before dry coil hits or diminished flavor as your coil drys out.

FYI if your wondering about the avatar picture.. @Teresa P said since i was gold contributor and been here 6 months i needed a avatar pic. SO I googled avatar pic and found this one.

Now @Teresa P how about that sammich

Last edited:

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Supposedly, Evolve confirmed the rumor that the SS coils has nickel legs.

That would explain every single issue I have with the Crown. Thank you for that. It may very well be the result of poor/inconsistent wire welds that have created hot spots. Depending on the hot spots location within the coil housing it could be responsible for all sorts of odd flavors. And a welded wire coil will never operate as well for temperature limiting, it just isn't possible.

I realize that top fill tanks are what everyone is wanting anymore, but I have replaced two of my Crown tanks with these...
HTB1IgH4JpXXXXbTXVXXq6xXFXXXM.jpg

They actually have great flavor from the first inhale on a primed coil.

Last edited:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So.... Next coil out of the same box.. Nasty taste. Crazy.

And I changed coils because twice now the last 0.25 seemed to loose it's mind. No temp limit on my VS. Full power. Turned temp all the way down to 200F, no change. Makes no sense. New coil, it's fine.

Arch89

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Id thought I was done with sub tanks, and would only use my RTAs now. But after this thread and the one I tried at my vape shop I broke down and bought it. I'm loving this big guy, and they're the first ni200 coils I've ever enjoyed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would explain every single issue I have with the Crown. Thank you for that. It may very well be the result of poor/inconsistent wire welds that have created hot spots. Depending on the hot spots location within the coil housing it could be responsible for all sorts of odd flavors. And a welded wire coil will never operate as well for temperature limiting, it just isn't possible.

I realize that top fill tanks are what everyone is wanting anymore, but I have replaced two of my Crown tanks with these...

What exactly is the name of that tank?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It does look interesting. Do you fill through the "turbine" area? And does it have an annoying fluttering effect?

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does look interesting. Do you fill through the "turbine" area? And does it have an annoying fluttering effect?
I have the 4.5ml full size which is bottom fill only. They have the new 3.5ml top fill "Mini" version. I have those on order but yet to receive so would only be speculating on the fill mechanism. The full size does not have a fluttering effect. It is only really noticeable when the air flow is significantly restricted. Then it doesn't flutter so to speak. But becomes very loud. Annoyingly loud.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I have the 4.5ml full size which is bottom fill only. They have the new 3.5ml top fill "Mini" version. I have those on order but yet to receive so would only be speculating on the fill mechanism. The full size does not have a fluttering effect. It is only really noticeable when the air flow is significantly restricted. Then it doesn't flutter so to speak. But becomes very loud. Annoyingly loud.
From reading about that tank, it would appear that it is geared more towards vapor production than flavor but I did read where the flavor is good with it as well.... Curious as to how the flavor compares to the Crown

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From reading about that tank, it would appear that it is geared more towards vapor production than flavor but I did read where the flavor is good with it as well.... Curious as to how the flavor compares to the Crown
I only brought it up to show that a SS coil does not require the significant break in period to produce good flavor that the Crown coils do. With the Crown I typically enjoy the .5 ohm SS coil around 58.5 Watts depending on the juice and the device. This is where my style of vaping produces the best flavor and temperature for my tastes. With the Gigue .4 ohm SS coils I get similar but less intense flavor starting at about 40 Watts, at to cool of a temperature for my tastes. But the flavor is there. Because of the cooling system to get the same temperature of vape with the flavor I like, the Gigue requires about 70 Watts. The real difference for me is, I can prime the Gigue coil in 30 seconds and by the third pull, I am getting great flavor. The flavor is perfect after about 10 pulls taking 2 pulls at various steps working my way up from 40 Watts to that 70 Watt level. It isn't picky and just plain works. Everybody is different but to my tastes the Gigue tank can and does produce just as good of flavor as the Crown but burns through more juice and battery capacity to achieve it. Eventually Uwell, or possibly a secondary manufacturer, will introduce a coil that will fix my issues with the Crown. Until then the Crown is my third choice typically when I am grabbing something to vape.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting..... Looks like there is an Aeolus V2 coming soon? Never saw one in a BNM, and still have not seen one in action, and wonder about coil availability....... But the idea of something like a Crown without the hit or miss coils, or the Starre Pro with its own quirks, sure is appealing.
It looks like they make the Starre line of tanks as well, am I safe to assume you can use Starre coils in the Aeolus line of tanks?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
It looks like they make the Starre line of tanks as well, am I safe to assume you can use Starre coils in the Aeolus line of tanks?
the description of the coils for the aeolus vs the maganus/starre coils definitely makes them sound totally different
the only pic I can see of an aeolus coil- looks similat but definitely different then a maganus/starre coil

plus i am not understanding stating a .SINGLE 0.4 SS coil can go to 150 watts I can push teh crown .25 to 100watts and it gets too hot. But thats a DUAL coil
taking a .4 single to 150 watts sounds INSANE and like it will burn

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the description of the coils for the aeolus vs the maganus/starre coils definitely makes them sound totally different
the only pic I can see of an aeolus coil- looks similat but definitely different then a maganus/starre coil

plus i am not understanding stating a .SINGLE 0.4 SS coil can go to 150 watts I can push teh crown .25 to 100watts and it gets too hot. But thats a DUAL coil
taking a .4 single to 150 watts sounds INSANE and like it will burn
Yes they look similar, I would love to know if they are interchangeable. @Ramsay Bolton , would you be able to verify please?

VU Sponsors