Become a Patron!

Taking apart Griffin RTA

fantasticplastic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,

I just got a new Griffin RTA in the mail today, very excited to use it.

There are some machine oil present, so I want to take it all apart to give it a good clean, however I cannot seem to figure out how to take apart the bottom build deck section.

I unscrewed the centerpin off but it still doesn't seem to come apart.

Would anyone be able to assist me in taking the bottom juice control ring and air control rings off?

Thank you in advance.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The center pin is adjustable...
The AFC shouldnt come off ever, and the Juice ring on the deck unscrews easily...The deck itself I think is press fit and if you dissemble it you may not have a leak proof RTA afterwards.
You dont need to take it down further then the normal take apart pieces and let it soak in some Dawn soap and warm water. Then rinse it.
You bought the best RTA! Im sure you will be happy with it, I am.

3974600-1.jpg

Only take apart and clean from the deck up, the bottom pieces dont matter, just wash them altogether with the deck.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damnt I'm tired of waiting
I finally bought a black @ebay I can finally use my CLAPTONS from raymo2u

VAPE ON

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Damnt I'm tired of waiting
I finally bought a black @ebay I can finally use my CLAPTONS from raymo2u

VAPE ON
I told you, everyones catching on and they are out of stock everywhere now....Atleast with Ebay purchases you wont wait for shipping more then a few days

fantasticplastic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for your replies.
How is the fitment on your RTAs?

The A/f ring is gappy, and the chimney cap was rubbing the top of the posts, so i had to file down the posts just slightly. now my 3mm claptons vape like a charm.

I was highly disappointed with the QC with mine. Nothing like wonky ohm readings and atomizer shorts because of the chimney when you come home excited to vape on it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you for your replies.
How is the fitment on your RTAs?

The A/f ring is gappy, and the chimney cap was rubbing the top of the posts, so i had to file down the posts just slightly. now my 3mm claptons vape like a charm.
Are you asking me?
I use 3mm-3.5mm ID for the coils in my Griffin and they fit with room left over, Ive only done Fused Claptons in it so far as its a amazing vape...
I let the coil sit 4-5mm above the airflow also so it leaves room for air to travel before hitting the coil and the draw is less restrictive then if they were lower. The build I have in the Griffin wouldnt even fit in half the other RTAs even with the chamber/chimney off but in the Griffin it looks small.
This is with the Cap on, you can see it still has room with those monsters, 2x22K/46N60 Fused Clapton (3.5mm ID/5 Wraps/ .12 Ohms)
Griffin Build.jpg Griffin Build Old.jpg

My next build for the Griffin will be this but Dual Coil, 2x22K/ .5 Ribbon Fused Claptons (5 Wraps/3.5mm ID/ .13 Ohms)
2x22K .5 Ribbon Fused Clapton  .jpg 2x22K .5 Ribbon Fused Clapton   .jpg

fantasticplastic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you asking me?
I use 3mm-3.5mm ID for the coils in my Griffin and they fit with room left over, Ive only done Fused Claptons in it so far as its a amazing vape...
I let the coil sit 4-5mm above the airflow also so it leaves room for air to travel before hitting the coil and the draw is less restrictive then if they were lower. The build I have in the Griffin wouldnt even fit in half the other RTAs even with the chamber/chimney off but in the Griffin it looks small.
This is with the Cap on, you can see it still has room with those monsters, 2x22K/46N60 Fused Clapton (3.5mm ID/5 Wraps/ .12 Ohms)
View attachment 38893 View attachment 38892

My next build for the Griffin will be these, 2x22K/ .5 Ribbon Fused Claptons (5 Wraps/3.5mm ID/ .13 Ohms)
View attachment 38896 View attachment 38895

Those are some beautiful coils!

how is the ramp up time with those coils? and at what power?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Those are some beautiful coils!

how is the ramp up time with those coils? and at what power?
There is about the same amount of ramp up time as a pair of Parallel Wires. The reason I use such a thin gauge wire for fusing is so it doesnt act as a heatsink like thicker outer wire does, this make ramp up time almost nonexistent. It still acts as a webbing to trap and hold juice so it has great wicking properties. I use it all day around 110w (Nice Warmish Vape) but occasionally Ill show off to friends and pump it up to 180-200w (Hot Vape, but Dense and Flavorful). The way I wick it and the way those coils are it will handle the 200w and you can take enough pulls to get sick before you get a hint of a dryhit, its just a damn good well thought out RTA.

The Ribbon Fused Claptons may take a second to ramp u as there is more to heat up but it will yield more vapor as it has more surface area then the wire.

VU Sponsors