Become a Patron!

Taking nicotine to Australia?

stephanievapes

Member For 1 Year
Hi all,

I'm visiting a friend in Oz soon (she vapes too). She's in Queensland where my understanding is you can vape with nicotine *if you have a doctors prescription for it*

I'm just wondering if customs will give me any grief taking nicotine to her? It's so expensive there I'll pack some short fills. Wondered if anyone is from Oz or has been recently and has ideas?

I was thinking of just putting some nicotine into an empty "nic free" short fill bottle and hoping for the best.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure I would try that. Australia is cracking down on vapor products in general. I follow Vaping Bogan, who is Australian, and he is huge on advocacy. Be careful with nicotine in general, especially freebase nic.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You'll be fine with customs. Just make sure you bring enough for your entire stay, as there is no local sales.

Nicotine was banned in liquid form in '07 based on murmurs of ecigs. Before the science came out. It used to be available in hardware stores prior to that.

You will need to stay in designated smoking areas in public. Including at the airport. But provided you do that, you can vape in front of policemen freely.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Google is your friend so say hello.

791b6923-17cf-4daf-bef0-41148fbff3fc.png

https://sydneyvapeco.com.au/blogs/news/australian-nicotine-laws

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That information is wrong.

I guess you need to go to that Australian website and correct them if so.

234eba0b-a030-403b-88cf-078c8c9d62b8.png

Australian Vaping Laws
There's a lot of conflicting information around Australian vaping laws. It can be quite difficult to navigate these laws as they differ from one state to the next. There have also been several new laws that have that have passed over the last few years that directly impact the e-cigarette market, as well as new legislation that is currently under parliamentary enquiry. Here, we've compiled a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the laws around vaping in Australia.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I guess you need to go to that Australian website and correct them if so.

234eba0b-a030-403b-88cf-078c8c9d62b8.png

Australian Vaping Laws
There's a lot of conflicting information around Australian vaping laws. It can be quite difficult to navigate these laws as they differ from one state to the next. There have also been several new laws that have that have passed over the last few years that directly impact the e-cigarette market, as well as new legislation that is currently under parliamentary enquiry. Here, we've compiled a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the laws around vaping in Australia.

The same way you correct websites that you believe are wrong I suppose

stephanievapes

Member For 1 Year
You'll be fine with customs. Just make sure you bring enough for your entire stay, as there is no local sales.

Nicotine was banned in liquid form in '07 based on murmurs of ecigs. Before the science came out. It used to be available in hardware stores prior to that.

You will need to stay in designated smoking areas in public. Including at the airport. But provided you do that, you can vape in front of policemen freely.

This is good to know - thank you! I have quite a bit to take over for my friend and will need some myself (will leave any leftovers with her as it's so much cheaper in the UK). Was just worried as I've seen so much conflicting information about the fact you can import it but need a doctors prescription etc.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is good to know - thank you! I have quite a bit to take over for my friend and will need some myself (will leave any leftovers with her as it's so much cheaper in the UK). Was just worried as I've seen so much conflicting information about the fact you can import it but need a doctors prescription etc.

a doctors prescription would need measured doses. IE how many micrograms per puff, how many puffs how many times a day etc. So will never happen

stephanievapes

Member For 1 Year
a doctors prescription would need measured doses. IE how many micrograms per puff, how many puffs how many times a day etc. So will never happen

It's good to know - I read somewhere they can fine you etc so was worried my holiday might be off to a bit of a rough start as soon as I go through customs if they pull me up on e-liquids haha.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are allowed to have it, just can't buy nicotine here. We have to buy ours from overseas. South Australia have banned that now tho.

VU Sponsors