Become a Patron!

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, so I'm fairly new to vaping and started to quit smoking. So far, so good, 8 days without cigarettes!

I'm looking for advise on tanks because when I bought my mods and tanks I knew nothing about the world of vaping or hardware. I bought a VapeForward Vape Flask 100w and a Uwell Crown...overkill for a starter kit, I know. Surprisingly, or maybe not, I was not enjoying it. The combination of the wide airflow and wide bore drip kit forced me to smoke "direct to lung" when, as a smoker, my instinct was "mouth to lung" (plus the high nicotine level was harsh on my throat). The taste and clouds were good, but it really wasn't my purpose for the hardware.

I've since switched my Crown tank out for a Nautilus due to trying my wife's Nautilus and finding the low airflow and narrow drip tip much more similar to smoking a cigarette and allowing "mouth to lung".

Ultimately, I'd be happy with this set up for a while but I feel like I'm wasting 85% (can only hit this tank at about 15w) of, from what I've been told, is a really decent mod. I'm wondering if anyone knows of, or has tried any tanks that have the option for low airflow with a heavy drag which will fit a narrow bore drip tip, and that can hit at a higher wattage. I more concerned with flavor over clouds (tried my friend's joyetech ultimo and was floored by how much flavor I was missing out on).

Sorry this is so long! In summary, I'm looking for a tank which can offer low airflow for easy mouth to lung hits, handle wattage in the 30-40 range, can take a small bore drip tip, and flavor over clouds is preferred. Does it exist?? Maybe not...I know I'm in the minority on my preferences here. Anything y'all can offer would be helpful!

Bonus: what's your best recommendation for a great tasting ejuice at a reasonable price??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can still enjoy vaping with that flask at lower wattage, just need to get the tank that works best for you, sounds like your vaping style is much like mine with MTL inhales, I don't care for too much air and wide bore tips.I could suggest what I use, Serpent mini, nectar's for building on and for replacement coils tank I use the Eleaf GS tank with the .5 coils. Hope that helps just a bit and look into some of our great MTL tank threads here on VU, Welcome aboard:wave:

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can still enjoy vaping with that flask at lower wattage, just need to get the tank that works best for you, sounds like your vaping style is much like mine with MTL inhales, I don't care for too much air and wide bore tips.I could suggest what I use, Serpent mini, nectar's for building on and for replacement coils tank I use the Eleaf GS tank with the .5 coils. Hope that helps just a bit and look into some of our great MTL tank threads here on VU, Welcome aboard:wave:
Thanks! I will def check out those tanks and those threads!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First off let me say I think your combo was an awesome first pick. Love the flask. Nothing beats the form factor of a flask. The Crown is an excellent tank as well it's just not for you airflow wise. The Kanger Toptank Mini has a tighter draw. I don't like Kanger mods but they make great tanks. The Lyche is also a great mtl tank and it can be found pretty cheap right now. Never had one but I know a lot of mtlers like the Lemo as well. Do your reserach, watch reviews and use vapecrawler.com to find the best price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only using your mod at 15w means you are getting tons of battery life, nothing wrong with that. Sounds like you have a good setup as it is but its always good to have back ups. Like jack said,the kanger tanks would probably be something you would enjoy. And like whisky recommended, the serpent mini is really nice and pretty much the only tank I use. It's an RTA (rebuildable tank atomizer) so there is more work involved than just popping coils in and out. It's real simple and well worth your efforts. The Kangers take premade coils like your Aspire but also come with a rebuildable section you can use.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome to the forum.

My wife is a MTL vaper, and I am a DL vaper.

She uses small tanks with high OHM coils. She is after tight draw, good flavor and throat hit, all in a small device. She vapes about 1-1.5 mils of juice a day at 20 MG of nic.
She likes the Melo 3 tank, but when the glass broke, I tossed the tank. The GS Air was suggested to me as another great MTL tank, which I will order with my next order at FastTech.

Right now she uses and loves a tank you can't even find anymore. A Kanger Aero V2.

Incidentally, you generally can use a smaller device to go with a smaller tank. My wife really loves her Pico.

Last edited:

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First off let me say I think your combo was an awesome first pick. Love the flask. Nothing beats the form factor of a flask. The Crown is an excellent tank as well it's just not for you airflow wise. The Kanger Toptank Mini has a tighter draw. I don't like Kanger mods but they make great tanks. The Lyche is also a great mtl tank and it can be found pretty cheap right now. Never had one but I know a lot of mtlers like the Lemo as well. Do your reserach, watch reviews and use vapecrawler.com to find the best price.

Lol, yea, all my friends who vape let me know how good they were...I was just like, eh. I did like the flask w the crown...really smooth hits with good clouds and flavor, just not the same as a cigarette. I'll check those out. I appreciate the advise.

Recently though I was ready for DL after trying that ultimo and got the Herekles Pro w the ceramics...I wasn't ready...massive clouds and flavor though. Not as good as the ultimo though...really love that tank, but I need to wait until I reduce to at least 6mg nicotine bc even the 9 is irritating, not smooth.

Any ejuice advise??

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only using your mod at 15w means you are getting tons of battery life, nothing wrong with that. Sounds like you have a good setup as it is but its always good to have back ups. Like jack said,the kanger tanks would probably be something you would enjoy. And like whisky recommended, the serpent mini is really nice and pretty much the only tank I use. It's an RTA (rebuildable tank atomizer) so there is more work involved than just popping coils in and out. It's real simple and well worth your efforts. The Kangers take premade coils like your Aspire but also come with a rebuildable section you can use.
Thanks! Need to go try to find one locally bc the kanger keeps coming up. Battery life is def not an issue, especially running the IMR 26650 3.7v. I haven't even seen a non premade coil, lol...wouldn't know what to do with it, but I might look in to it! Appreciate it again!

Any ejuice recommendations?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You could get 100 people to suggest juice, even if you have a specific flavor you love, and you might not like any of them.

Juice is one of those things you generally need to experiment on your own. I personally like Northland's loopers and 555. But I have also tried juice from many other vendors, and found them OK. Some were total shit, even though others may have raved at how good they were.

Best thing to do is buy some on sale. There tends to be sale threads that pop up here all the time for it.

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the forum.

My wife is a MTL vaper, and I am a DL vaper.

She uses small tanks with high OHM coils. She is after tight draw, good flavor and throat hit, all in a small device. She vapes about 1-1.5 mils of juice a day at 20 MG of nic.
She likes the Melo 3 tank, but when the glass broke, I tossed the tank. The GS Air was suggested to me as another great MTL tank, which I will order with my next order at FastTech.

Right now she uses and loves a tank you can't even find anymore. A Kanger Aero V2.

Incidentally, you generally can use a smaller device to go with a smaller tank. My wife really loves her Pico.
Yea, I just did some quick research on the Eleaf GS (not the air) based on Wiskeys advise. Looks very promising for what I'm looking for, plus it apparently offers .15 ohm coils which is intriguing. Could be my perfect fit. I'll check out the Melo though. Appreciate the info!

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could get 100 people to suggest juice, even if you have a specific flavor you love, and you might not like any of them.

Juice is one of those things you generally need to experiment on your own. I personally like Northland's loopers and 555. But I have also tried juice from many other vendors, and found them OK. Some were total shit, even though others may have raved at how good they were.

Best thing to do is buy some on sale. There tends to be sale threads that pop up here all the time for it.
Yea, I feel like you're spot on there...just got some stuff from vista vapor bc it got crazy good reviews, really customizable, and cheap (like $16.99 for 102ml). First 4 flavors I've tried are not impressive. Still a couple more I want to try out bc I really really WANT to like it, lol.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea, I just did some quick research on the Eleaf GS (not the air) based on Wiskeys advise. Looks very promising for what I'm looking for, plus it apparently offers .15 ohm coils which is intriguing. Could be my perfect fit. I'll check out the Melo though. Appreciate the info!

Here's a list of my go to juice companies. All good stuff, just find what you like.

Verdevalleyvapes.com Many Flavors I like here. Raspberry Custard, Krunchy Berries, and Vanilla Cream are my Favorites
Yaeliq.com Best Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
swaggsauceusa.com You gotta try Stifflers Mom. Mad Batter is great as well
www.mittenvapors.com Lots of great Flavors
http://www.southernskyejuice.com Turbulence is my favorite
caseyjonesmainlinereserve.com Renegade and Blue Slushy are great.
that1vape.com Raspberry Donut is the bomb.
doodlebugsejuice-com.3dcartstores.com One of the best Strawberry Custards ever. Ry4 is exceptional as well.
http://www.fivefoldvapor.com/ Deep Fried Vanilla Ice Cream with Strawberries and Whipped Cream, just get it.
www.goodlifevapor.com Spook Sauce
www.vapejoose.com All their Cheesecakes and Bronx Berry
http://www.mohawkvapors.com/ Rockin Raspberry
http://www.unclejunks.com/ John Wayne Vanilla Tobacco and real smooth.
Also try Johnny's Juice on FB Best damn Custards I ever had their Blue Raz Custard is special.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Just as a note, my wife uses 1.8 ohm coils in her Aero, and is quite satisfied. Lower ohm coils generally mean more vapor production. We that DL are about all sub ohm vapers.

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's a list of my go to juice companies. All good stuff, just find what you like.

Verdevalleyvapes.com Many Flavors I like here. Raspberry Custard, Krunchy Berries, and Vanilla Cream are my Favorites
Yaeliq.com Best Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
swaggsauceusa.com You gotta try Stifflers Mom. Mad Batter is great as well
www.mittenvapors.com Lots of great Flavors
http://www.southernskyejuice.com Turbulence is my favorite
caseyjonesmainlinereserve.com Renegade and Blue Slushy are great.
that1vape.com Raspberry Donut is the bomb.
doodlebugsejuice-com.3dcartstores.com One of the best Strawberry Custards ever. Ry4 is exceptional as well.
http://www.fivefoldvapor.com/ Deep Fried Vanilla Ice Cream with Strawberries and Whipped Cream, just get it.
www.goodlifevapor.com Spook Sauce
www.vapejoose.com All their Cheesecakes and Bronx Berry
http://www.mohawkvapors.com/ Rockin Raspberry
http://www.unclejunks.com/ John Wayne Vanilla Tobacco and real smooth.
Also try Johnny's Juice on FB Best damn Custards I ever had their Blue Raz Custard is special.
Awesome list! Sounds like the flavors I lean toward...not a fan of the super fruity. My favorite so far has been Charlie's Custard by Chalie Noble. Thanks...not I have to go look at all these!

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just as a note, my wife uses 1.8 ohm coils in her Aero, and is quite satisfied. Lower ohm coils generally mean more vapor production. We that DL are about all sub ohm vapers.
Yea, the sub ohm might be too much for my current nicotine level...nice to have the option though.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea, I feel like you're spot on there...just got some stuff from vista vapor bc it got crazy good reviews, really customizable, and cheap (like $16.99 for 102ml). First 4 flavors I've tried are not impressive. Still a couple more I want to try out bc I really really WANT to like it, lol.
Vista Vapor an Wevapor may be two of the most disgusting juice lines I ever tried. Stuff is just unvapeable. I use them both when I get vapors tongue so I don't have to taste that nasty shit juice. If you like Charlie Noble then try any Custard from Johnny's. Shit is just straight up awesome.

shane945

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vista Vapor an Wevapor may be two of the most disgusting juice lines I ever tried. Stuff is just unvapeable. I use them both when I get vapors tongue so I don't have to taste that nasty shit juice. If you like Charlie Noble then try any Custard from Johnny's. Shit is just straight up awesome.

Thank god I'm not the only one...the way people talked about vista vapor I figured my taste was messed up. Yea, I just ordered the custard sampler from them.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank god I'm not the only one...the way people talked about vista vapor I figured my taste was messed up. Yea, I just ordered the custard sampler from them.
Trust me bro, you're going to thank me later. Some people just like cheap shit. That's why I take juice reviews with a grain of salt. I can't tell you how many times a bunch of people here said this line and that line was fire and it turned out to be meh or just plain shit.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors