Become a Patron!

Temp & Wattage on an Arctic Tank

I have an arctic tank on an iStick 40watt battery. Recently all my coils are burning up. I think I have the wrong settings.
Currently I have a .2ohm coil set at 29 watts and 350 degree F temp. (coil is not a temp control). I also have a .5ohm coil I have not used yet.

Can anyone tell me the ideal temp and wattage settings I should use to protect my coils from getting burnt out?

Thank you!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The .2 coil comes to life at 50w+.... I used to run mine about 65 watts with no issues at all. But I gave my Arctic away when I got the Crown subtanks. It suddenly became obsolete, lol. Good luck,,!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have an arctic tank on an iStick 40watt battery. Recently all my coils are burning up. I think I have the wrong settings.
Currently I have a .2ohm coil set at 29 watts and 350 degree F temp. (coil is not a temp control). I also have a .5ohm coil I have not used yet.

Can anyone tell me the ideal temp and wattage settings I should use to protect my coils from getting burnt out?

Thank you!
If you don't use Ni200 coils, then you can't use them in TC, but in power mode only!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
There are different wires used for different replacement coils. Usually, the replacement coils for TC are made by utilizing Ni200 wire. The replacement coils for power mode are utilizing either Kanthal, or Stainless Steel (SS) wire. However, a few mods do have a designated TC mode for SS wire coils. The iStick 40W, I think isn't one of them.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As Neunerball said, since those coils aren't nickel you have to use them in regular power mode on your Istick. The max setting is 40 watts, so that's probaby your best setting.

Be sure to prime them properly first!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
As Neunerball said, since those coils aren't nickel you have to use them in regular power mode on your Istick. The max setting is 40 watts, so that's probaby your best setting.

Be sure to prime them properly first!
Thanks for the translation. :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Changed to 40 watts and it feels a bit better! What do you mean by regular power mode though? I have to pick a temp.

Your Istick works in either temp control OR power mode. To change the mode press the middle button at the bottom three times (I think that's the setting). It will switch between the two. You want this in power mode only! If you were able to change the wattage, then you're already in power mode - you can't change it in temp mode (it sticks at 40 watts). Make sense?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you use Kanthal coils in Temperature Control mode, you will get either a crappy anemic vape, or a hot burning bad tasting vape.

Your Istick works in either temp control OR power mode. To change the mode press the middle button at the bottom three times (I think that's the setting). It will switch between the two. You want this in power mode only! If you were able to change the wattage, then you're already in power mode - you can't change it in temp mode (it sticks at 40 watts). Make sense?
Yes! Thank you

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might also try the .5ohm coil. It seems to produce adequate vapor production and great flavor at much lower wattages.

VU Sponsors