Become a Patron!

TF V8 Leakage question for all owners

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got my tfv8 and all the reviews said it didnt leak but now that I got mine I just realised that that's horse sh!t... My question to u guys is how do you fix it? I did the pushing the bottoms of the coils in and tucking them thing which helped but I fell asleep and woke up to an empty. The tfv8 is supposed to be quality. I didnt expect to be humbled back to upside down storage which is even worse for the tfv8 cause the top fill thing isn't super secure to begin with.

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The installed coils appear to have bad o-rings. I new this from a friend, so I ordered additional coils when I bought my tank, installed, and no leaks.
Had the same issue with my Clieto120 as well. Maybe the assembly process they use damages them, not really sure

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
never had a leak on mine. maybe a bad coil head or not tightened all the way?

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The installed coils appear to have bad o-rings. I new this from a friend, so I ordered additional coils when I bought my tank, installed, and no leaks.
Had the same issue with my Clieto120 as well. Maybe the assembly process they use damages them, not really sure
If there's a process to assembly they need to pick one. Bad coils waste more than they're worth

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
8f7193088f713a731912aeb4b2a0a274.jpg

So dry.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Idk if mines authentic anyway. The + & - post on the rba both come off
how much did it cost? 13ish for a clone 30ish for authentic.
TBH not worth buying a clone of a 30 dollar item. when they start costing like 75+ then i might be worth it

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ebay, it came from China
could go either way then. In general don't buy stuff of ebay if it can be avoided. not saying it's all bad, but a reputable site is much safer. I got a boreas off ebay and it was a good transaction and a great tank, but in general I'll use reputable sites

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
low.jpg
The top fill ring doesn't match the metal beneath it. You can see it a little in the pic at the fill hole. Also the top flies open. I heard some ppl referring to that area as the vacuum and say it could affect leakage too.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 65486
The top fill ring doesn't match the metal beneath it. You can see it a little in the pic at the fill hole. Also the top flies open. I heard some ppl referring to that area as the vacuum and say it could affect leakage too.
I replaced that top gasket when I was getting a vacuum leak, causing juice to drip from the air control slots..new gasket did the trick..and it came in the parts bag..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I replaced that top gasket when I was getting a vacuum leak, causing juice to drip from the air control slots..new gasket did the trick..and it came in the parts bag..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapata

Does yours top fly open? I gotta keep a band around that top to keep it secure.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
View attachment 65486
top shouldn't fly open. sure you have it all the way in? in tfv4 could pop open in your pocket but the TFV8 has a snap mechanism to hold it shut. I've also never seen one where the metal and rubber didn't line up. Kinda sounds like it could be a clone? there should be an authenticity check on or in the box. most authentic products have them

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does yours top fly open? I gotta keep a band around that top to keep it secure.
No, but like you I keep a band around it just in case..
a036bf7b2843f5b4a67224370834874c.jpg
I have two CloudBeast tanks..I really like them :)

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
top shouldn't fly open. sure you have it all the way in? in tfv4 could pop open in your pocket but the TFV8 has a snap mechanism to hold it shut. I've also never seen one where the metal and rubber didn't line up. Kinda sounds like it could be a clone? there should be an authenticity check on or in the box. most authentic products have them
Its got one but it's AI is just on a sticker on top of the authenticity check area. I don't trust it that much.

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, but like you I keep a band around it just in case..
a036bf7b2843f5b4a67224370834874c.jpg
I have two CloudBeast tanks..I really like them :)

Yeah I was amazed that I got a descent vape from the Q4 at 35 watts. I couldn't imagine what 50+ would be like

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I was amazed that I got a descent vape from the Q4 at 35 watts. I couldn't imagine what 50+ would be like
I have the T8 .15 ohm octople coils in mine I vape at 125-140w depending on juice..not too hot and amazing clouds/flavor. :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have the T8 .15 ohm octople coils in mine I vape at 125-140w depending on juice..not too hot and amazing clouds/flavor. :)

just for shits and giggles i just went ahead and hit the T6 at 220 watts lol still taste good and a ton of vapor. I like it around 110-130 though best

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just for shits and giggles i just went ahead and hit the T6 at 220 watts lol still taste good and a ton of vapor. I like it around 110-130 though best
I haven't tried the T6 yet..110w sounds about right though..

VU Sponsors