Become a Patron!

TFV8 tank overheating - advice needed !

Hey all,
I'm a new to vaping, using Alein 220w mob, with baby beast TFV8 tank, and T8 coils.
The problem is that, i can't Vape on watt over than 40?
The coil and tank is getting very hot with 10 puffs over that wattage, and temp reads up to 40 c.
What could be the problem? Is it the coil, tank or mod itself ?
I'm using a new kit, new LG batteries.
Thanks

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What could be the problem?
You. Because you're obviously expecting a pen-like experience from the cloud chasing tank.

Getting hot is a normal mode of operation for most of DL tanks. For as long as it's not "burning hot", it's ok. If it is burning hot though…
  1. Let it cool down
  2. Open the airflow
  3. Adjust your draw (inhale faster; it's counterintuitive, I know)
  4. Lower the wattage

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used to vape the T8 coils at 65-75watts with no overheating issues at all. The tank would get warm, but never uncomfortably so. And I've never seen the board temp hit 40C with any stock coil, or rba build, I've used.

What is the Ohms reading on the display?

@gakudzu ohm reading is 0.162 !
I tried the Q2 coil, and it much better with baby beast tank...Temp is much lower
I think I'll change to Q2 for now, and will look for another tank to use with Elein Mod

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok. You are selecting "Y" for New Coil, right? Like now it should be 0.4-ish with the Q2.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just checking. Not resetting the resistance is pretty common mistake.

I had problems with T8's and one particular juice not getting along. Burnt taste and improper ohm readings before I could get thru one tankful. With other juices, I could get as much as 5 weeks from a T8. With that same juice, Q2's and X4's would last 2 to 3 weeks. I couldn't make sense of it, and finally just did what you did. Now I'm using the rba in all my V8 tanks. Sometimes we just have to give in to the vapegods lol.

Theo457

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Pharmamans It is nomal for the T8 to heat up alot during chain vaping. Its because it is a bigger coil and needs more watts to be fired up then the Q2.

VU Sponsors