Become a Patron!

Thanks to you guys and HIC!

TMFR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have been a lurker until today.. I made my very first few batches of DIY Eliquid. Thanks to HIC for turning me on to FA flavors as you don't need much. I got my flavors from ecig express. Here is what I came up with just cause it sounded good as well as looking at everybody's notes on the flavors. I shook the bottles by taping them to my sawzall.. haha

Sorry so basic but these were my first DIY and actually great ADV for me.

Watermelon Peach
5% FA Watermelon (Red Summer)
5% FA White Peach
Tastes great shaking and vaping still letting more of it steep properly to see the difference.

Peaches and Cream
6% FA White Peach
4% FA Vienna Cream
1.5% FA Fresh Cream
Tastes great shaking and vaping still letting more of it steep properly to see the difference. Tastes a lot like the peach rings candy.

Strawberry and Cream
6% FA Strawberry (Red Touch)
4% FA Vienna Cream
1.5% FA Fresh Cream
Tastes great shaking and vaping still letting more of it steep properly to see the difference.
I would like a little more strawberry and creamier but not bad at all.

I cannot believe how affordable it is doing DIY. Thanks again everyone, for all the great info on this forum!

TMFR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You say that now, but wait until you have 100 bottles of flavoring and even then are finding yourself missing 1 or 2 for a recipe :p
Oh I know, haha. I am actually going to place another order today. The way I look at it, is I would go through a 30ml in like 2-3 days and spend $23 on that. It wasn't really cheaper then cigs but I haven't smoked since July and that was my goal. I have 3 kids, trying to stay alive, be able to breath better as well as not stink. (I never noticed the smell until I quit)

Even if it didn't save me any money, I really enjoy knowing what is going in my vape, and it kind of adds to the whole "hobby" factor.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whoop whoop!! Yay you!! It's fun becoming a mad scientist! Lol. To me most vendor juice just isn't to my liking. Not only is diy cheaper, but more fun!! And yes I sometimes dump mixes that suck, but it's still way cheaper!! And more fun! Congratulations to you and TY for sharing!!

Last edited:

TMFR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Whoop whoop!! Yay you!! It's fun be conning a mad scientist! Lol. To me most vendor juice just isn't to my liking. Not only is diy cheaper, but more fun!! And yes I sometimes dump mixes that suck, but it's still way cheaper!! And more fun! Congratulations to you and TY for sharing!!
So far even with flavors I don't like I end up just giving them to my staff.. So since I am getting into this they are benefiting with FREE juice, be it good or bad.. haha They are throwing out ideas of different flavors to mix.

Now if we could find a way to lift the negative stigma of people who vape. Not that others opinions matter but I think a lot more people would do it over cigs if it werent for that.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You think the flavors would be close if I dropped the % down a little?
Some taste flavors better than others, however FA flavors are extremely concentrated. A single flavor is usually good at 2-3%. When mixing flavors, start at low % and you can always add more. Try adding 1 ml. Of your mix to 1 ml. Of base, which would cut your recipe in 1/2 on the flavor % and taste it.

TMFR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some taste flavors better than others, however FA flavors are extremely concentrated. A single flavor is usually good at 2-3%. When mixing flavors, start at low % and you can always add more. Try adding 1 ml. Of your mix to 1 ml. Of base, which would cut your recipe in 1/2 on the flavor % and taste it.
Going to try this!

TMFR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, definitely shake the flavoring good before each use.
Some of them will settle faster then others, and if not shaken then you'll end up getting diluted flavoring when you use them.
This makes sense. I was thinking they tasted more diluted after a day or 2 of sitting. I feel like an idiot for not putting that together.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, not an idiot....you're learning. Some of us have been doing this for awhile and we're still learning. That's why DIY is so much fun, always something to learn. ;)
This makes sense. I was thinking they tasted more diluted after a day or 2 of sitting. I feel like an idiot for not putting that together.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did it when I first started mixing too, it's a common and easy mistake to make.
Think it was my second attempt at mixing, a week or two after getting the stuff and I posted here asking about FA Orange and a few others that I was trying to mix single flavor and was up to 10% with barely any taste.

TMFR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I posted here asking about FA Orange
Speaking of FA Orange did you get any good recipes? I tried it with Vienna and fresh cream, the results didn't taste all that bad (not good enough to keep) I also felt the flavor stayed in my tank so I changed the coil. Probably because I used to high of a % now that I am speaking to you guys.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of FA Orange did you get any good recipes? I tried it with Vienna and fresh cream, the results didn't taste all that bad (not good enough to keep) I also felt the flavor stayed in my tank so I changed the coil. Probably because I used to high of a % now that I am speaking to you guys.
FA orange isn't all that potent, but does well mixed with FA mandarin.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh I know, haha. I am actually going to place another order today. The way I look at it, is I would go through a 30ml in like 2-3 days and spend $23 on that. It wasn't really cheaper then cigs but I haven't smoked since July and that was my goal. I have 3 kids, trying to stay alive, be able to breath better as well as not stink. (I never noticed the smell until I quit)

Even if it didn't save me any money, I really enjoy knowing what is going in my vape, and it kind of adds to the whole "hobby" factor.

I used to smoke at least 2 packs of smokes (about $32-$35CAD) a day, I started vaping and buying already made juice; saved a bit of money. Then I thought to myself, shit; I could make my own. So I did some research and took the plunge; last night, I made my first mix. It turned out very well, and I'm pretty sure it will be become my first ADV.

I quit smoking, 2 months ago. For the same reasons as you; for my kids (I have one now and a second coming in 2 weeks), trying to stay alive, be able to breathe better and also, not to stink. (I too never noticed the smell, but I sure notice it now! UGH!)

Anyway, good luck on your DIY journey! I look forward to seeing the mixes you come up with and/or try!

PS-I made 70mls (50ml Citrus, 10ml Orange, 10ml Peach) last night; it couldn't of costed me more than a couple bucks to make. I'm going to figure out the total costs per mix, so I can actually compare. But it still is significant savings and a lot of fun too!

TMFR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I used to smoke at least 2 packs of smokes (about $32-$35CAD) a day, I started vaping and buying already made juice; saved a bit of money. Then I thought to myself, shit; I could make my own. So I did some research and took the plunge; last night, I made my first mix. It turned out very well, and I'm pretty sure it will be become my first ADV.

I quit smoking, 2 months ago. For the same reasons as you; for my kids (I have one now and a second coming in 2 weeks), trying to stay alive, be able to breathe better and also, not to stink. (I too never noticed the smell, but I sure notice it now! UGH!)

Anyway, good luck on your DIY journey! I look forward to seeing the mixes you come up with and/or try!

PS-I made 70mls (50ml Citrus, 10ml Orange, 10ml Peach) last night; it couldn't of costed me more than a couple bucks to make. I'm going to figure out the total costs per mix, so I can actually compare. But it still is significant savings and a lot of fun too!
For sure brother! Keep me posted if you come up with any crazy cool recipes!

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For sure brother! Keep me posted if you come up with any crazy cool recipes!

Will do! I came up with one, the Citrus one; which I call Citrus Cool. It tastes like that Trident Citrus gum, it was really good. I just want a bolder flavour out of it and it will be perfect.

But as it stands, it's pretty good. Definitely vapable! Give it a shot, if you have the flavours or like a Citrus vape.

I'm going to have my woman's sister try it out today and see what she thinks of it. I also have to send out a bottle to my friend and her man, down south.

So far, I'm pretty pleased with myself. :D

TMFR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep. I agree it keeps a lot of smokers "of a certain age" from ever trying.
@HeadInClouds I am 35 and when my wife would go to the local vape store to get me liquid, if I wasn't able to, she felt awkward. Not that she would ever judge someone, but in local shops (around my area) it wasn't what she was expecting.

There in lies the problem. I personally feel it has been marketed to the wrong "primary" market. I mean it would be hard for me to get one of my female clients in a suit, who has expendable income to go to a local shop buy a vape and get some ejuice called "Monkey balls" "Unicorn vomit" "mothers milk" hahaha you get the idea. However that same women will be outside a bar having a cig.

Without those people on the side they should be it will be no wonder when the industry gets tagged with all sorts of regulations.

Again I could care less I guess I just look at it from a different perspective. Personally I have no problem walking in with my tattoos and know a little of the "language" yet even I can tell I am getting old.. haha just my petty opinion.

VU Sponsors